**KNOWN SPRING OF SORROW ISSUE**
We noticed a number of the Spring of Sorrow objectives aren't working properly, we are investigating and currently working on a potential solution.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Am I crazy for wanting to use Aegon and Kate for the *RIGHT* side paths?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 4,086 ★★★★★
My Aegon is only rank 4. I already did path 1 with Kate, path 2/3 looks like her territory as well. Therefore the r5 for Aegon seems unwarranted.

Im trying to explore the option if Can I fit a rank 6 Kate into the team over a synergy spot for Aegon.

Now the obvious issue with this is chavez would also be needed. So that leaves me with only 1 of proxima/heimdal/fury of which I would lean towards fury since he’d benefit everyone even for e.g Chavez vs Galan. Unfortunately Kate with despair is bugged against that Diablo and I don’t think Kabam is aware yet, so I was going to bring torch instead for path 4 as he also works better than both Kate and Aegon for that Stryfe.

Because Kate can handle paths 1-3, the focus of this thread is specifically for paths 4-6 of which I’ve seen users on forums that used Kate for paths 1-3 say they used Aegon for 4-6. Think Lagacy used Aegon as well for these paths despite being decently skilled with Kate.

Combining Aegon and Kate has its benefits:

1) wouldn’t have to rank up 7* G99 for Jubilee path

2)Wouldn’t have to bring Doom for niche fights like Kraven or Centurion (he’s just too slow my ally mates did them with Aegon using a few revs) or bring Tigra for Galan when I can use Chavez

3) You can choose which fights to ramp Aegon in or use Kate if the particular fight was annoying to ramp him on, then ramp Aegon on one of the next fights. (I know Jubilee is an easy ramp up, not sure about the others on that lane or the Roblin/Odin lanes for ramp up)

4) Can still limit revives used on the fights Kate has a handle on but still enjoy a fully ramped Aegon for the Grandmaster

Sadly there isn’t many videos on Kate used for the paths on the right side, but for anyone that might be asking, I’ll copy/paste what someone said they used her for on these paths as a reference.

iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Sunspot, Kitty Pride, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker.

Has anyone done something similar? I’m considering it because as stated my Aegon will stay rank 4 (I’d rather use the r5 gem on someone for BGs) since he’d only be used for paths 4-6 and just a full kate/shuri team for the other 3 paths

Am I crazy for wanting to use Aegon and Kate for the *RIGHT* side paths? 22 votes

Yes, you don’t need both. Those slots could be used for synergy partners
59%
Heinz11LuciusVorenusTerraRockSlydeMark1357911SwarmOfRavensJoseOkJack2634Wasy1SaulovskyPT_99NoahSansmanTitans 13 votes
No, you can enjoy the benefit of both based on the points made, especially since Aegon will only be rank 4
40%
Heattblasttcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeBen_15455CrcrcrcLickyIsisixkswmrCtfz30Bawa 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 3,424 ★★★★★
    Just go Aegon man, you're literally overthinking every single fight. I took wong in red goblin path, I regretted not bringing fury instead for 20% bonus damage.

Just go Aegon, get high combo, keep punching and sp-2 and remember to use light ending trick for 50-60k per punch.

• Options
    PT_99 said:

Just go Aegon man, you're literally overthinking every single fight. I took wong in red goblin path, I regretted not bringing fury instead for 20% bonus damage.

Just go Aegon, get high combo, keep punching and sp-2 and remember to use light ending trick for 50-60k per punch.

Just strategizing to limit revives used, I’m sure you missed it in my post, but my Aegons only r4 and Kate is r5 ascended.

If I had Wong I would’ve just done full Aegon teams
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 240 ★★★
    I did all three right paths with an Aegon team. 5 and 6 were straight Aegon people plus Wiccan or Juggs for final 1%. Took HT for Stryfe and Diablo on path 4. It’s definitely not an efficient approach, but it’s predictable and fast. Strongly recommend Heimdall so you can go ham and tank sp3 s as your health is running down. If I had to do it over again, would probably ditch proxima and take another counter for a couple of the ugly fights like silver centurion and Galan. My Aegon is r5…
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 476 ★★★
    Bero man, MSD, and karatemike all explored without aegon. I don’t have aegon (or stryfe), so I had to rely on their streams to get me through. I lack the skill of those 3, but I was able to push through with a team of Kate/g99/chavez/wiccan/shuri. I had some solos, but I also had some revive dumps.
  • Options

I did all three right paths with an Aegon team. 5 and 6 were straight Aegon people plus Wiccan or Juggs for final 1%. Took HT for Stryfe and Diablo on path 4. It’s definitely not an efficient approach, but it’s predictable and fast. Strongly recommend Heimdall so you can go ham and tank sp3 s as your health is running down. If I had to do it over again, would probably ditch proxima and take another counter for a couple of the ugly fights like silver centurion and Galan. My Aegon is r5…

Thanks I will use heimdal instead of Nick.

Its very nice not to need extra counters for paths 5 and 6, I wonder how good Kate will be on those 2 lanes. Will use her over Aegon whenever she works to limit revives and just brute force the others with Aegon since he’s only rank 4
  • Options
    For path 4 , Aegon struggles against Silver Centurion right? Because you cant sp3 loop due to that painfully annoying trap node that shuts down your power gain
  • Options
    SwarmOfRavensSwarmOfRavens Posts: 1,264 ★★★★★
    Imo pick one

You lose the benefits of team building bringing both. They have major overlap for the fights they cover and
    I also don’t think r4 aegon for exploration is going to push the results you’re expecting if you’re not going to rank him all the way.

For right side

Either go Kate/Chavez + 3 slots to counter whatever specific fights you’re worried about (or drop Chavez for the path you intend to use Kate the least and bring an additional counter)

Or Aegon/proxima/heimdall + 2 slots for counters

You also ideally bring a reverse control in 1 of those slots

• Options
    Polygon said:

For path 4 , Aegon struggles against Silver Centurion right? Because you cant sp3 loop due to that painfully annoying trap node that shuts down your power gain

Not sure but I’m guessing Aegons AAR covers this after ramping
  • Options

Polygon said:

If i dropped Aegon entirely , who would be the best partner for Kate on those 3 bottom paths? G99? Or shes only for path 4?

Do you know if this list for all fights Kate can do on paths 4-6 is accurate?

iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker.

Any i left out? Or of that list would any be hard to Kate? Like Claire

Kate can work in path 5 despite the reverse controls if you play around the node?
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

If i dropped Aegon entirely , who would be the best partner for Kate on those 3 bottom paths? G99? Or shes only for path 4?

iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker.

Kate can work in path 5 despite the reverse controls if you play around the node?
    Best partners depends on the fights you’re worried about and who you have available. I used Kate/Chavez/G99/Wong for all 3 right side paths and they covered everything I needed well enough

“iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker.”

Yes Kate can do all of these, I also used her to get Knull down because I didn’t bring potions to heal Wong for set up and future ant man because I couldn’t find a better counter.

She can do Claire but I found reverse controls easier with Chavez who ends combos with heavies and so I used her for both Claire and Shang Chi.

The only shared fight you really need a counter for silver centurion.

• Options
    edited December 2023

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Best partners depends on the fights you’re worried about and who you have available. I used Kate/Chavez/G99/Wong for all 3 right side paths and they covered everything I needed well enough

“iBom, Red Goblin, Nimrod, Odin, BWCV, Squirrel Girl, Spider 2099, Elsa, Purgatory, Quicksilver, Spot, Sandman and Shocker.”

Yes Kate can do all of these, I also used her to get Knull down because I didn’t bring potions to heal Wong for set up and future ant man because I couldn’t find a better counter.

She can do Claire but I found reverse controls easier with Chavez who ends combos with heavies and so I used her for both Claire and Shang Chi.

I forgot to mention that I don’t have Wong.

On 2nd thought, I am willing to rank g99 but I’m not sure how beneficial it would be outside of path 4. Yes, the centurion is a shared fight, but Doom would help on Kraven as well. Though I imagine G99 to be extremely faster than Doom for Centurion

It looks like despite ranking g99 , there was still fights you had to use kate for some non ideal fights in Knull and FAM. Since i also don’t have Wong, there would be even more fights I would struggle with if I brought a Kate/Chavez team WHICH ultimately is why i was considering the dual Aegon/Kate team, if that makes sense.

Aegon works on the knull/fam/sunspot/kitty and even the silver centurion.

The only downside is Id have to use t6cc to rank 5 him which I am willing to do, but I want to ask if it is still worth it given that Kate will be doing a lot of these fights? (Aegon wouldnt even be used in Sauron/Mr F path as well)

Whats your thoughts, would you still rank 5 him?
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

The only downside is Id have to use t6cc to rank 5 him which I am willing to do, but I want to ask if it is still worth it given that Kate will be doing a lot of these fights? (Aegon wouldnt even be used in Sauron/Mr F path as well)

Kates not an ideal counter for Knull but even then it was a 3 revive fight. I could have fit absorbing man in place of Wong for path 4 and had a better counter. Or replace him in path 6 for a Fant man counter but I did my clear before most counters were tested and the revive difference wouldn’t have changed much.

I didn’t need Kate for kitty and sunspot (even though I’ve seen her solo him) because g99 solos those fights and 2 shots even without ramp. I think you’re overestimating the revive cost of right side with a proper team

My 6 star Aegons at r1 and I left him there despite having the resources to have taken him up for exploration, so I’m not really keen to recommend taking him to r5. I made the choice knowing that I could clear with less revives if I brought in a proper team so if you feel differently then do what would help you clear easier

He can brute force more fights on the right side but I guess it comes down to whether you want to clear faster with aegon or keep the rank up resources for a character that doesn’t end up benched for the foreseeable future.
  • Options
    edited December 2023

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Kates not an ideal counter for Knull but even then it was a 3 revive fight. I could have fit absorbing man in place of Wong for path 4 and had a better counter. Or replace him in path 6 for a Fant man counter but I did my clear before most counters were tested and the revive difference wouldn’t have changed much.

I didn’t need Kate for kitty and sunspot (even though I’ve seen her solo him) because g99 solos those fights and 2 shots even without ramp. I think you’re overestimating the revive cost of right side with a proper team

My 6 star Aegons at r1 and I left him there despite having the resources to have taken him up for exploration, so I’m not really keen to recommend taking him to r5. I made the choice knowing that I could clear with less revives if I brought in a proper team so if you feel differently then do what would help you clear easier

He can brute force more fights on the right side but I guess it comes down to whether you want to clear faster with aegon or keep the rank up resources for a character that doesn’t end up benched for the foreseeable future.
    I’m leaning towards dropping Kate altogether and r5ing Aegon.

Someone told me regarding right side paths, that even the fights i talked about that can be done with Kate, are significantly harder than the fights on the left side and need a higher level of skill with her.

This also alligns with the fact that almost every streamer switched from using Kate on the left side paths to Aegon on the right side. (nick136, lagacy). I think the only streams that used kate for right side paths were MSD/bero and maybe karatemike? Top level players is my point

Also @Aomine_Daiki10 had hinted to this as well saying he initially used Kate for one of the right side paths then ranked Aegon for the remaining 2 (he did 4 with Kate and still ranked Aegon because of the difficulty he had with Kate on that right side path)

• Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I’m leaning towards dropping Kate altogether and r5ing Aegon.

Someone told me regarding right side paths, that even the fights i talked about that can be done with Kate, are significantly harder than the fights on the left side and need a higher level of skill with her.

This also alligns with the fact that almost every streamer switched from using Kate on the left side paths to Aegon on the right side. (nick136, lagacy). I think the only streams that used kate for right side paths were MSD/bero and maybe karatemike? Top level players is my point

Also @Aomine_Daiki10 had hinted to this as well saying he initially used Kate for one of the right side paths then ranked Aegon for the remaining 2 (he did 4 with Kate and still ranked Aegon because of the difficulty he had with Kate on that right side path)

That’s fine, either way i think you’re better off going on or the other instead or running both. Dropping Kate and taking aegon is a viable route if you find the alternative too difficult
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    Aegon is better for the right side. The only fight Aegon can't do is Diablo which is in the jubilee path(path 4).
  • Options
    I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

Just strategizing to limit revives used, I’m sure you missed it in my post, but my Aegons only r4 and Kate is r5 ascended.

Can't you just ascend your Aegon with Gifting rewards?
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

Do you solo necro fights with Kate? If you heal her up, I don't think the revives difference would be too big.
    Also you can do the left paths, rank up and ascend aegon and use him for rights. Another tip for saving revives — use doom! He's great for centurion, galan, storm, airwalker, he only needs 20% revives and gives you opportunity to use team revives. He may be more useful for the second part of left paths too (surfer, man dragon?), but I only ranked him after exploring it. Honestly, he makes centurion so much easy, I actually wonder now how do you do him without spamming revives with aegon or Kate
  • Options
    Aleor said:

Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

Do you solo necro fights with Kate? If you heal her up, I don't think the revives difference would be too big.
    Also you can do the left paths, rank up and ascend aegon and use him for rights. Another tip for saving revives — use doom! He's great for centurion, galan, storm, airwalker, he only needs 20% revives and gives you opportunity to use team revives. He may be more useful for the second part of left paths too (surfer, man dragon?), but I only ranked him after exploring it. Honestly, he makes centurion so much easy, I actually wonder now how do you do him without spamming revives with aegon or Kate
    I soloed titania, air walker, captain america, nova , sam wilson, RG. Did captain britain in 1 revive . So i guess I’m decent with her.

But I was told the right side paths are drastically harder to use Kate on compared to the left side
  • Options
    HavanaknightHavanaknight Posts: 476 ★★★
    I was originally thinking it would be fine. But I assume with aegon you’ll be running full suicides for max damage, which is a non starter for Kate.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Aleor said:

Polygon said:

PT_99 said:

I soloed titania, air walker, captain america, nova , sam wilson, RG. Did captain britain in 1 revive . So i guess I’m decent with her.

But I was told the right side paths are drastically harder to use Kate on compared to the left side
    I never played her myself, so idk if you want to heal her to fool HP. My point is if you can heal aegon to higher HP, he's pretty good to finish fights in 1-2 revives (if you are not getting hit in face).

With aegon I'd say it was more or less the same in terms of fights difficulty. The harder fights are centurion, galan, stryfe, but for those I used doom and torch. I guess shocker also would be an issue with Kate, as he reduces passive stuns from doom. Knull, if you want to block/parry.