Thoughts on Morningstar?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,269 ★★★★★
@BeroMan recently uploaded a Cerastes solo with his R3 morningstar.

https://youtu.be/xmO7EN-5j8Q?si=LByuceC0yUnRDZZo

What are your thoughts on her? Personally I think she is an underrated mystic

Comments

• ReignkingTWReignkingTW Member Posts: 2,774 ★★★★★
    Don't like her. So many fights to ramp up, and I take too much damage by that time.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,269 ★★★★★
    @ReignkingTW If only her ramp up was a bit more practical
    @Folkvangr Probably but mutants would take longer
  • CorkscrewCorkscrew Member Posts: 539 ★★★
    For incursions, I get it - used to use her a lot until Herc... but for most elsewhere, that's a nope from me.

I think she is appropriately rated - neither under nor over.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    I tested my r2 out. Pretty good tho. Quite impressed with all she can do. Only think is she is like vtd. Her rampup takes place through fights and without them u actually kinda hate fighting. The persistent charges matter a lot to me and with purg and guilly on team she is great to rampup faster
    @Real_Madrid_76_2 does she need a buff or is she good
    EdisonLaw said:

@Real_Madrid_76_2 does she need a buff or is she good

Great imo. Only a hectic rampup like vtd, unless she, on a positive side, doesn't rely on persistent charges for most part of her damage
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,076 ★★★★★
    I ran my gully challenge recently, and in my te, she is the least used. Even purgatory put in a lot work against sytalis and cerastes, but she just slept around the corner the entire time.
  • Cyborg17Cyborg17 Member Posts: 124
    I did Ceraste solo with my 6r3 morningstar too (with 5 charges)
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
    Alongside ramp up changes, her animations need a buff. That back dash of hers feels too short, if it was smoother I would like to play her more often
    Just a small question. Can I claim the 3rd objective rewards without completing the other two objectives. I hate fighting bahamet
  • captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Member Posts: 8,076 ★★★★★

Just a small question. Can I claim the 3rd objective rewards without completing the other two objectives. I hate fighting bahamet

No you have to fight the first two objectives
  • Josh2507Josh2507 Member Posts: 707 ★★★★
    She has some semi-cool abilities, but isn’t powerful enough to be relevant in modern content
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,850 ★★★★★
    Once you get past one of the most drawn-out ramp-ups in the game, she's very good. Rubbish in Battlegrounds, but I imagine she could be great in Incursions.

Her SP2 is particularly useful - a lot of Mystics either remove/prevent buffs, or punish you for having them.

Morningstar's SP2 does both - your opponent takes the bonus burst damage per buff, then the buffs are removed afterwards. So despite being a relatively old champion, she's good against a variety of Nullify-immune matchups that champs who rely on Nullify would struggle with.
  • PikoluPikolu Member, Guardian Posts: 7,392 Guardian
    Pikolu said:

EdisonLaw said:

Folkvangr Probably but mutants would take longer

Challenge accepted
    I was absolutely sucking yesterday but finally got the easy solo today.