**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Is it worth running suicides for Aegon in Necropolis if you’re going for exploration?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,978 ★★★★★
I have to reset my masteries either way to max deep wounds so I’m wondering since I’m *already spending units to reset them*, should i just go all in and get suicides?

It makes him expensive for ramping but I heard it helps after it. The thing that initially deterred me is that if i did this, I would have to spent units after the run is done to reset the mastery tree for the rampup phase and then again have to turn them back on.

One question, can you ramp him without ever throwing specials so that you dont have to constantly go through all the masteries for resetting?

For context my Aegon will be a rank 4 sig 100 non ascended and I’m looking for trying to get paths 4-6 done.

Is it worth running suicides for Aegon in Necropolis if you’re going for exploration? 80 votes

Yes, suicides makes it cheaper for Aegon
66%
GamerTheBaldAvengerHeinz11MagicBentonKaspYTThecrusher_9756GarloCupidMoosetiptronicDarth_Saintlaserjohn26Ayden_noah1SukhjeetØØØbob59300Mother_FlerkenFuskieKlyph_1Sector1988VbnmeAomine_Daiki10 53 votes
No, suicides makes it more expensive
33%
Duo_KulioMrTicTac19992008Doom_and_GloomAleorcaptain_rogersItsClobberinTimeFit_Fun9329Dfour24LeoZedCaptainDenversCharlie21540Adri5846ahmynutsIoniqus_797Dirty_DozzTrek26Nameless_IWReptoid__SF__Ruwqiersa 27 votes

Comments

• Options
    Noobmaster555Noobmaster555 Posts: 78
    edited December 2023
    Make sure you have a lot of health potions because 20% health from revives won't last long with suicides.
  • Options

You ramp without them, then turn them on

Yeah I meant more so for when you consider having to do the run after that which would require you to spend the units to turn them off and then back on again. Overall does that get dwarfed by the savings the suicides brings?

Also when hes fully ramped at 999 , and ones using suicides then I assume they dont throw sp2 much and mainly sp3? Especially if you’re going in with 20% revives?

If so, i could put the points from max deep wounds somewhere else, since mine would only be an R4.

• Options
    Okay I am an idiot.

I forgot I never even unlocked coagulate. (I have max willpower).

I guess i made this thread for no reason lol. Liquid courage/double edge with no coagulate is just going to cost a ton of potions to counter
  • Options
    Also path 5 requires you throwing specials because of a detonation node i heard, so it doesnt even sound feasible for that one

This combined with not having coagulate and having to turn off and then back on suicides makes me think its too much hassle/units
  • Options
    Wozzle007 said:

Make sure you have a lot of health potions because 20% health from revives won't last long with suicides.

Aegon shrugs off the debuffs with critical hits. When he’s ramped up, that’s on the first hit even into the block. Just avoid using specials excepts SP3 and 20% revives can last a while. Don’t get me wrong some extra health is always welcome, but he definitely last a while.
    @Wozzle007 Completely forgot about the shrugging debuffs, so he is viable then (at least not for that detonation section I mentioned).

So then it ultimately boils down to a question of if i want to spend units resetting mastery tree after I do a path. Overall i think even with resetting the masteries twice for each new run, you probably do save units.

For anyone that missed it in my original post, my Aegon is only going to be a rank 4 and the right side paths are where sh*t gets real I heard , so looking to take advantage of anything else I can to minimize item usage
  • Options
    Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Posts: 1,642 ★★★★★
    Suicides helps alot with the damage. I mostly just used 20% revive 2 level 5 health portions and spam light ending combos taking hits getting the fury and go ham until hemidall saves me then get another combo in or sp3.
  • Options
    The most important tip using Aegon is first max out your fury duration and potency in mastery setup very important and also go in with a high level relic it helps alot if the AI is merciful you can cycle sp3 loop with Aegon. I did silver centurion in 1 revive with that strategy using Aegon.
  • Options
    GamerGamer Posts: 10,388 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Okay I am an idiot.

I forgot I never even unlocked coagulate. (I have max willpower).

I guess i made this thread for no reason lol. Liquid courage/double edge with no coagulate is just going to cost a ton of potions to counter

He shuge it of so
  • Options

The most important tip using Aegon is first max out your fury duration and potency in mastery setup very important and also go in with a high level relic it helps alot if the AI is merciful you can cycle sp3 loop with Aegon. I did silver centurion in 1 revive with that strategy using Aegon.

@Aomine_Daiki10 Why light ending combos? The Cycle sp3 loop you speak of takes that into consideration? I have a 6 star black widow relic so that should help.

One thing I’m currently exploring for these right side paths (paths 4-6) is potentially doing a team that consists of both Aegon and Kate.

I’m still weighing the pros and cons out of this strategy, but if i do decide to proceed with it then suicides would be out of the question for Kate
  • Options
    Polygon said:

@Aomine_Daiki10 Why light ending combos? The Cycle sp3 loop you speak of takes that into consideration? I have a 6 star black widow relic so that should help.

One thing I’m currently exploring for these right side paths (paths 4-6) is potentially doing a team that consists of both Aegon and Kate.

I’m still weighing the pros and cons out of this strategy, but if i do decide to proceed with it then suicides would be out of the question for Kate
    It has more recovery time when you end with light combo so you can immediately start with a LMLLL rinse and repeat you will be unstoppable most of the time so the idea is to get hit to get the furies.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,666 ★★★★★
    See KT1's Aegon / Necropolis video for an example of the unstoppable loop.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    I'm not sure if suicides effects his furies, but even if it does, it would take you kinda same amount of units for extra revives as it would to change your masteries imo. Also during sp your timer is paused and throwing those helps to make opponent more aggressive, missing those during the fight just to be able to have a stun loop in the end doesn't seem to be a good deal to me. Basically got ibom in 2 or 3 revives with pushing him to sp2 with relic and sp1 consistently (and wasted couple extra revives tbf). What's really important is having your furies going from getting hit, and for that you want more health potions. Also with maxed aegon I almost had a solo on squirrel yesterday, but failed dexing her sp2 when got rooted at some point. Was not running suicides or fury masteries, but was using 30% green boosts and 10-15% red and orange boosts (those are must haves).
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,809 ★★★★★
    Aegon is extremely viable with suicides in Necropolis. Just keep in mind that no one else is. They nerf the healing you get from Willpower by 50% throughout the quest so most champions will just melt from the bleed and poison. Since Aegon shrugs them within the first second of the fight, that doesn't bother him. In fact, I completely switched off my Willpower mastery since it was both so nerfed and because Aegon never keeps any debuffs on himself that he could heal from anyway.

However, that meant that I had massives issues whenever I had to use another champion for a specific fight. If you really want to use another champion, you might want to switch off suicides again for that fight. Either way, I switched them off for the final phase of the GM since I used Wiccan for it instead of Aegon.

Good luck!
  • Options
    Thecrusher_9756Thecrusher_9756 Posts: 772 ★★★
    I’d recommend them if you were already going to invest in them at some point (assuming you don’t have them unlocked already). I just finished my last path on Wednesday and I found that I ended up using suicides for nearly early path and turning them on/off where relevant.

I didn’t have the full suicide mastery set up unlocked (only liquid courage) but I found that going into the quest without suicides and ramping Aegon up and then turning them on when there was a run of 4-5 fights where they’d be beneficial definitely saved me more units in the long run than if I had gone in without suicides. This is just my experience though as I found I was able to just brute force 15-20% with the masteries unlocked even in fights where I messed up so yeah would say for me they made my runs much easier
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 849 ★★★
    Polygon said:

I have to reset my masteries either way to max deep wounds so I’m wondering since I’m *already spending units to reset them*, should i just go all in and get suicides?

It makes him expensive for ramping but I heard it helps after it. The thing that initially deterred me is that if i did this, I would have to spent units after the run is done to reset the mastery tree for the rampup phase and then again have to turn them back on.

One question, can you ramp him without ever throwing specials so that you dont have to constantly go through all the masteries for resetting?

For context my Aegon will be a rank 4 sig 100 non ascended and I’m looking for trying to get paths 4-6 done.

except path 5 and if you are also running shuri . Otherwise suicides on is more effective
  • Options
    Jack2634 said:

Polygon said:

except path 5 and if you are also running shuri . Otherwise suicides on is more effective
    @Jack2634 its only half of path 5. Also the jubilee fight doesnt go well with suicides.

Those of you that ran suicides , was it really worth the unit cost of turning them on for just half of path 5?

After i finish path 5 i was gonna do either 4 (jubilee) or 6 (odin) next , but each time you switch to a new path thats two times worth of units gone down the drain for resetting masteries if you do what @laserjohn26 said.

Is it worth ramping without the sp1 in efforts to keep suicides on and not have to keep resetting them?

• Options
    Jazz_MessengerJazz_Messenger Posts: 155
    edited December 2023
    I just did my second path a few days ago. I watched the KT1’s video and put on full Aegon suicide mastery after ramp up. I already had Glass Canon unlocked and had some mastery cores from past events, so I only had to buy 2 or 3 Carbonium cores. That made my decision to go suicide easy.

I ended up using more revives with the suicide, but that could be due to many factors. My second path was Sauron, and there was much less guidance from others compared to the Titania path. I started after midnight and did the whole path in one sitting as the resources were expiring. I was definitely fatigued and losing concentration. I decided to bring Odin for pre-fights over attack bonus from NF. Lastly, I have been playing this game from the beginning, but it was my first time playing with full suicide. I was throwing specials here and there out of habit and losing health and dying.

I had many team revives expiring, so I had to use them in my second run. They were wasted as all other team mates die very quickly with Aegon suicide (no willpower etc. to counter bleed and poison). If you are using Aegon for everything, then I think the suicide mastery is helpful. But if you are planning to bring others as specific counters, you will have to change mastery. That has to be taken into account.

I haven’t decided what I’m going to do in the next path.
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,077 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Jack2634 said:

Polygon said:

@Jack2634 its only half of path 5. Also the jubilee fight doesnt go well with suicides.

Those of you that ran suicides , was it really worth the unit cost of turning them on for just half of path 5?

After i finish path 5 i was gonna do either 4 (jubilee) or 6 (odin) next , but each time you switch to a new path thats two times worth of units gone down the drain for resetting masteries if you do what @laserjohn26 said.

Is it worth ramping without the sp1 in efforts to keep suicides on and not have to keep resetting them?

Ramping with sp1 also pauses his timer and increases your hit counter pretty fast.

I did some extra research for you. While using suicides, seatin's ramped aegon was hitting 65-75k mid crit after getting hit with big boosts and nf and proxima synergies (no idea why such a difference, feel free to check it out yourself on yt). Mine ramped aegon with only proxima synergy, big green boost and occasionally small orange boost was hitting smth like 60k mid crit after getting hit, but I didn't record it, so can't give you an exact number. You can try it yourself actually, just test him after your ramp him and compare with/without suicide damage in one fight. If you don't have it unlocked and don't have cores to do that, I'd rather not invest in it
  • Options
    Aleor said:

I'm not sure if suicides effects his furies, but even if it does, it would take you kinda same amount of units for extra revives as it would to change your masteries imo. Also during sp your timer is paused and throwing those helps to make opponent more aggressive, missing those during the fight just to be able to have a stun loop in the end doesn't seem to be a good deal to me. Basically got ibom in 2 or 3 revives with pushing him to sp2 with relic and sp1 consistently (and wasted couple extra revives tbf). What's really important is having your furies going from getting hit, and for that you want more health potions. Also with maxed aegon I almost had a solo on squirrel yesterday, but failed dexing her sp2 when got rooted at some point. Was not running suicides or fury masteries, but was using 30% green boosts and 10-15% red and orange boosts (those are must haves).

Did anyone consider @Aleor point that being able to throw specials can pause the timer and help in making opponents throw their special more often?

Or the timer isnt an issue because you’re going to die anyway by spamming the Light ending combo and deliberately taking hits? With suicides, you wont be throwing the sp2 because of recoil , i assume you just dont throw specials at all and save the sp3 for when **** goes south like when heimdal saves you?

I guess you can make an argument that the fight wont last long enough to be concerned for the timer since you’re letting them hit you

@Thecrusher_9756 Also i have suicide masteries unlocked , i just was debating the unit cost since you have to keep turning them off and on when you finish 1 path and do a new one, and technically yes it saves units down the road but people that explored necro already just farmed revives and didn’t have to waste any units at all. I guess that doesnt apply anymore since i havent done any of paths 4-6 yet and its almost gonna be nerfed soon.

I assume people didnt run suicides for the roblin path at all since it isnt worth turning them on for just one half of a path (the first half has the detonation node forcing you to throw specials).

Because of that I’m thinking of keeping them off for all of path 5, did anyone else do that?
  • Options
    Trek26Trek26 Posts: 200 ★★
    It's not worth the units honestly. I explored using aegon and only did one of the six paths with suicides. You'll also have the option to use your specials more often without suicides.
  • Options
    Did anyone max pacify or petrify for their runs? Aegon has only 50% AAR from the global node so idk if the pacify would add on to it.

Petrify could help with the long sp3 stun Aegon has, but aside from that, if youre doing the LLLL spam they wont really be stunned . I guess relic stun as well
  • Options
    MᗅՏᗅCREMᗅՏᗅCRE Posts: 177 ★★
    I dont have suicides unlocked and did my exploration perfecty fine with a r4 ascended Aegon
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,371 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Wozzle007 said:

Aegon shrugs off the debuffs with critical hits. When he’s ramped up, that’s on the first hit even into the block. Just avoid using specials excepts SP3 and 20% revives can last a while. Don’t get me wrong some extra health is always welcome, but he definitely last a while.
    @Wozzle007 Completely forgot about the shrugging debuffs, so he is viable then (at least not for that detonation section I mentioned).

So then it ultimately boils down to a question of if i want to spend units resetting mastery tree after I do a path. Overall i think even with resetting the masteries twice for each new run, you probably do save units.

For anyone that missed it in my original post, my Aegon is only going to be a rank 4 and the right side paths are where sh*t gets real I heard , so looking to take advantage of anything else I can to minimize item usage
    Polygon said:

Wozzle007 said:

I just ran path 5 with suicides turned on after silver centurion fight(used doom for that fight). Honestly didn’t really feel like there was any problem at all. Aegon has defensive AAR at 500+ combo so most of the time the detonation thing never came on so you can play normally and stun lock with sp3. And you are doing so much damage that the fight is over pretty quickly.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Polygon said:

Wozzle007 said:

Polygon said:

Wozzle007 said:

I just ran path 5 with suicides turned on after silver centurion fight(used doom for that fight). Honestly didn’t really feel like there was any problem at all. Aegon has defensive AAR at 500+ combo so most of the time the detonation thing never came on so you can play normally and stun lock with sp3. And you are doing so much damage that the fight is over pretty quickly.
    The thing is his AAR isn’t 100% unless he has class advantage because of a stupid node. That would make it risky to run suicides for the detonation part. I might just leave them off for the whole path 5 then turn them on for path 4 and 6 (jubilee and odin). I assume this is what most people did.