Options

Why can't we gain Vigilance against Shuri in EQ

AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
EQ 3.2 , against Shuri can't seem to be able to gain Vigilance ever no matter the amount of buffs

Comments

• Options

H
  • Options
    OpxOpx Posts: 132
    I agree. I played with venom and it was impossible to get vigilance
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 785 ★★★
    herc sp1 can bypass miss node from this , but yeah , can't get vigilance too , even though i proc 3 odin prefight into him
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 531 ★★★
    I experienced the same issue with Angela. I was very confuses. I had 3 or mor3 buffs basically the whole fight. I was like there is literally no way I'm this unlucky lol.
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,710 ★★★★★
    I also noticed kinda sucked of a fight as no vigilance even though theres nothing in kit to say otherwise
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,222 ★★★★
    MCOCHazza said:

I’m not 100% sure on this - could be totally wrong. But it’s the only reason I could think of (other than just calling it a bug).

Shuri’s abilities state that ‘her ability accuracy cannot be altered’.

It’s possible that the ‘15% chance to trigger vigilance for each buff’ is being put under that umbrella, and therefore getting more buffs doesn’t increase the chance to trigger vigilance (I.e. stays at 0%).

Again this is super unusual, and it’s probably just a bug. But I like to try and fit puzzle pieces together 😉

But we're not trying to alter her abilities, not preventing her from triggering anything, we're trying to bypass it with the vigilance
  • Options

MCOCHazza said:

I’m not 100% sure on this - could be totally wrong. But it’s the only reason I could think of (other than just calling it a bug).

It’s possible that the ‘15% chance to trigger vigilance for each buff’ is being put under that umbrella, and therefore getting more buffs doesn’t increase the chance to trigger vigilance (I.e. stays at 0%).

Again this is super unusual, and it’s probably just a bug. But I like to try and fit puzzle pieces together 😉

But we're not trying to alter her abilities, not preventing her from triggering anything, we're trying to bypass it with the vigilance
    I think it makes sense. You're trying to alter her chance of triggering vigilance. And that will always remain at 0%.
  • Options

MCOCHazza said:

Nodes are based on the defenders ability accuracy, so if you fight a longshot on hazard shift, your chance of getting the debuff on you goes from 40% to 120%.
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,222 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

Nodes are based on the defenders ability accuracy, so if you fight a longshot on hazard shift, your chance of getting the debuff on you goes from 40% to 120%.
    But that's not what the node is about, the chances are for you to get a vigilance bases on how many buffs you already have, how can that trigger Shuri abilities?
  • Options

Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

But that's not what the node is about, the chances are for you to get a vigilance bases on how many buffs you already have, how can that trigger Shuri abilities?
    When Maw uses an sp1, you gain a fury. So if you were to reduces Maw's ability accuracy do you think the fury would fail to place?
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

And then they say things like this

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,514 ★★★★★
    This is what happens when you tie ability accuracy of nodes that benefit attacker have their ability accuracy tied to the ability accuracy of defender.
    I wish kabam change this, let's stress kabam to change this guys!
  • Options
    Khellendros138Khellendros138 Posts: 531 ★★★
    This doesn't make sense though. How does her ability accuracy come into play at all?

You have a percent chance on each hit, based on the number of buffs you have, to gain a vigilance buff.

What part of that node could any way be tied to her ability accuracy and the fact that it can't be altered?
  • Options

Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

It triggers via Shuri's ability accuracy. I'm not too sure the technical details but the nodes are basically added to the list of champions abilities and thus become subject to her ability accuracy. Shuri's ability accuracy can't be modified so the vigilance stays forever at 0% because you can't increase nor decrease the chance of it triggering.
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,331 ★★★★★
    edited December 2023

This doesn't make sense though. How does her ability accuracy come into play at all?

You have a percent chance on each hit, based on the number of buffs you have, to gain a vigilance buff.

What part of that node could any way be tied to her ability accuracy and the fact that it can't be altered?

This exactly. Shuri also does not have ability to place falter on defender in her base kit(this is different from being untouchable). If the ability to place vigilance is affected by her ability cannot be altered nonsense, then the ability to place falter should be affected as well.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

It triggers via Shuri's ability accuracy. I'm not too sure the technical details but the nodes are basically added to the list of champions abilities and thus become subject to her ability accuracy. Shuri's ability accuracy can't be modified so the vigilance stays forever at 0% because you can't increase nor decrease the chance of it triggering.
    As a follow up, this isn't unique to Shuri. If you do EoP Dormammu and place neutralize on dormammu, then you won't get placebos on yourself either because you decrease his chance of placing buffs with neutralize.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

Pikolu said:

MCOCHazza said:

As a follow up, this isn't unique to Shuri. If you do EoP Dormammu and place neutralize on dormammu, then you won't get placebos on yourself either because you decrease his chance of placing buffs with neutralize.
    We know how it happens with placebos and stuff, but I never really thought about the "alter" part. Usually we only ever try to reduce the defenders ability accuracy. Increase is virtually no existent, and I don't remember any case where it conflicted in such a way
  • Options
    MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Posts: 83
    Ok so i don't know wheter im on a dead end but i think this is a bug. So just how the node increases the chance of a vigilance buff to proc aa does the same with his poisons depending on how many bleeds he has active. Exactly the same thing but instead of buffs on you its debuffs on the opponent. Did a practice fight and the poisons trigger so i think the eq fight is definitely a bug
  • Options

Ok so i don't know wheter im on a dead end but i think this is a bug. So just how the node increases the chance of a vigilance buff to proc aa does the same with his poisons depending on how many bleeds he has active. Exactly the same thing but instead of buffs on you its debuffs on the opponent. Did a practice fight and the poisons trigger so i think the eq fight is definitely a bug

Good point. But AA doesn't work like that. He was made to be immune to a specific list of things instead of being immune to ability accuracy reduction. AA has been bugged for ever
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,514 ★★★★★

Archangel is not immune to ability accuracy reduction as a whole.
    His ability accuracy cannot be reduced by opponent's abilities.
    For example, domino reduces ability accuracy by 15% , archangel is immune to this.
  • Options
    MaskedLegendMaskedLegend Posts: 83
    This is getting a lil confusing so ima try clearing up with what im tryna say and what i know out of this. Someone made a point that Shuri ain't giving us the vigilance cause her aa can't be altered which to me felt absurd but then again there might be some things i don't know which im just learning. Now lets forget that archangel is immune to aa reduction and focus on how the vigilance and archangles debuffs work. For each buff you have the chance to gain vigilance increases. Similarly with archangel for each bleed active the chance to poison on block or sp1 or sp2 increases. Now theres nowhere in shuris kit that says she reduces the opponents ability accuracy by any means so archangels debuffs working and cosmics vigilance isn't has nothing to do with your ability accuracy or her ability accuracy. If someone feels like im wrong feel free to try clear it up.
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 317 ★★
    So I think what people are suggesting is that the vigilance is implemented as an ability on Shuri, so her immunity to AA modification prevents the AA from increasing above the base value, which is zero.