Experience In Necropolis (Sauron, Surfer) With Nimrod/NF/Void/Chavez/Wiccan

xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
Finished my Necropolis completion yesterday.

Brought R5 Nimrod, R5 Nick Fury (Ascended), R5 Void (Ascended), R2 Chavez, R2 Wiccan.

Series of Fights (1st Half)
Path Node: Slip And Roll - Opponent Has 50% Chance To Evade Medium Attacks. So I used Light or Heavy enders for all fights.

Sauron - Nimrod : Pretty straightforward. Parry MLLLL, SP2. The path Slip and Roll node was pretty irritating since he will evade your counter attack after his specials. Can take off around 30-40% a fight.

Hit Monkey - Nick Fury : Couple of revives cause he kept shrugging my bleeds off. Not that bad a fight though.

America Chavez - Void : With weakness mastery. Pretty straightforward fight given that you don't have to manage her power that much. Just make sure to not counter her heavy when she's on the 2nd animation.

Air Walker - America Chavez : I'd suggest going in with a few champs (e.g. Nimrod, Void) if they're below 40% health and kill them off to give Air Walker more charges, then use Chavez to take him down since more buffs = more damage for her.

Captain Britain - Wiccan : Not a fan of alternating normal and reverse controls. It's a little long but pretty straightforward. Aim for me for this fight is to make it less troublesome although I might spend a few more revives (since it's possible to screw up when alternating between the controls).

Wiccan - Void : Solo. Get FotV + Petrify on, bait his sp1. Parry as much as you want, use the debuff to heal your Void.

Psychoman - Nick Fury : Just follow the prompts. It's easier to drag the timer since you'll wanna throw 2 x sp1 to become unblockable.

(2nd Half)
Path Node: Dodge This - Whenever Attacker Uses A Special, They Cannot Trigger Dex, Evade Or Miss For 8s. Ideally, don't use specials. But it can be played around with by pushing the opponent just past 1 or 2 bars of power, bait it, then throw your special right after the 1st hit of your counter. It'll keep the opponent below 1 bar, back away, parry then full combo, striker, full combo. Then you'll be free to dex their specials normally.

Silver Surfer - Nick Fury : 1 revive with NF. Very straightforward fight. I tend to like to push him to sp2 as much as possible since dealing with 2 x power gain buffs on him can be pretty irritating.

Misty Knight - Nick Fury : Irritating fight, having her unblockable while you're being rooted. Kept getting clipped.

Storm PX - Void / Chavez / Nimrod : Void's debuffs don't glance, you'll be able to take off about 20% a fight with him. Chavez was trickier since you'll always wanna bait her sp1 and ideally, you'll wanna hit her when she has more prowess, which makes the window pretty tight. Doable, but makes the fight really stressful. Nimrod didn't do too well against her since his big sp2 does shock damage and yeah, she has both tempests active. Generally this fight is just a long drawn out fight that is very irritating.

Sam Wilson - Chavez : More armor ups, more buffs, more damage for Chavez. Pretty alright.

Dragonman - Void : Once FotV is on, don't have to worry about his power gain. 20-25% per fight. You can be very aggressive here.

CptIW - Nick Fury : Straightforward fight. Just make sure you use specials when you empty his power bar, especially his sp2. Spent 2 revives here just because I forgot and tried to dex his sp2 when the path node was on.

Nova - Wiccan : Surprisingly, Wiccan did pretty well against him. Good healing on the energy damage and I tend to spam sp2. Just remember that his dash attack cannot be dex, so just block and reparry.

GM : Whole team, but mainly Chavez. Spent quite a alot of revives since the last time I fought him was ages ago.

All in all, I spent all my expiring revives and pots (I didn't farm revives before going in) + those in my stash [have 10 remaining], + 4 team revives + opened 20 free crystals for pots.

So that's
~14 + 50 - 10 = 54 revives (L1 + L2)
4 team revives

Hope it helps.

Comments

• Shrink330Shrink330 Member Posts: 11
    Thank you for this. This is the closest I have seen to the team I am thinking of bringing in. For me though, it is R4 Nimrod, R4 Kate, R4Absman/Doom, R3 Heimdall, R5 Ascended Herc (just for straight up damage and those pesky techs) or R4 Nick or R4 Apoc (may also just fill slot with Prof X for reverse control). I was thinking of taking the guardian lane. What would your take be? I'm still learning absman, so should I take Doom for airwalker instead? Will Doom do well against Chavez? Will Nimrod be good for Capt Brit (I just assumed that he would be, aside from the reverse controls)? Thanks for your post though. It is giving me a good idea of how to approach my run.
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Awesome. Was Void not viable to reverse airwalers healing?
  • xNigxNig Member Posts: 7,329 ★★★★★
    Shrink330 said:

Thank you for this. This is the closest I have seen to the team I am thinking of bringing in. For me though, it is R4 Nimrod, R4 Kate, R4Absman/Doom, R3 Heimdall, R5 Ascended Herc (just for straight up damage and those pesky techs) or R4 Nick or R4 Apoc (may also just fill slot with Prof X for reverse control). I was thinking of taking the guardian lane. What would your take be? I'm still learning absman, so should I take Doom for airwalker instead? Will Doom do well against Chavez? Will Nimrod be good for Capt Brit (I just assumed that he would be, aside from the reverse controls)? Thanks for your post though. It is giving me a good idea of how to approach my run.

A few questions.

Who will you be taking Guardian with? Herc? Might be doable with him.

Doom against AirWalker works well. Easy fight tbh.

Against CptBrit, if you’re good with reverse controls, then Nimrod will be fine. Ideally, you’ll want a champ that doesn’t crit against her, so you don’t get debuffs on you that will be removed and cause you to reverse your controls momentarily. It can easily screw you over especially with the prowess she gets.

Awesome. Was Void not viable to reverse airwalers healing?

Haha. I did this path before I thought of reverse his heals with Void. Since I could do it with Doom, didn’t bother bringing anyone else since he does Cpt Sam for me later on as well.
    xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

Against CptBrit, if you’re good with reverse controls, then Nimrod will be fine. Ideally, you’ll want a champ that doesn’t crit against her, so you don’t get debuffs on you that will be removed and cause you to reverse your controls momentarily. It can easily screw you over especially with the prowess she gets.
    The thought was to use Herc. Thanks for that Capt Brit tip. My highest ranked reverse immune champ is a 6r3 Prof X. If I bring him, he would have to replace one of Herc, Kate, Doom, or Nimrod. Heimdall is a staple. I may just go Nimrod. He is tanky. Thinking of starting tomorrow or Saturday, God's willing. Will let you know how it goes.
    I should note that I just pulled a 6* void a couple days ago, and I have a 6* Chavez at r1. I have the mats but not the iso to take them to r4. Empty on crystals too.
    Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

The thought was to use Herc. Thanks for that Capt Brit tip. My highest ranked reverse immune champ is a 6r3 Prof X. If I bring him, he would have to replace one of Herc, Kate, Doom, or Nimrod. Heimdall is a staple. I may just go Nimrod. He is tanky. Thinking of starting tomorrow or Saturday, God's willing. Will let you know how it goes.
    All the best with your run!
    Shrink330 said:

I should note that I just pulled a 6* void a couple days ago, and I have a 6* Chavez at r1. I have the mats but not the iso to take them to r4. Empty on crystals too.

If you’re using Void only for his heal reversal, ie for Wiccan, then he doesn’t need to be ranked, just duped.
    Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

You NEED to bring a reverse immune if you wanna get past the last 1% of GM without throwing your phone (unless you’re Swedeah or MSD). Rank doesn’t matter for that last 1% tbh.
    Update:

Team: 6r3 Heimdall, 6r4 ascended Nick Fury, 6r5 ascended Herc, 6r4 Nimrod, 6r4 Doom

First few fights were not toooooo bad (hated the hit-monkey fight). Fury has been clutch for multiple fights so far.

Wiccan almost broke me. I regret not bringing Torch instead of Herc. Wiccan wrecked my stash and units. I had to take a mental break after reaching the halfway mark.

Following you and selected the surfer path. I will get to it tomorrow. Mindset right now is to see how far I go. If I run out of units, will just grind arena going forward until I finish it. Already committed.

Some of the fights are a fun challenge. Horrible (passive) AI at times doesn't help. I think I will be good with completion for a loooong time. Exploration is definitely not in the books for now.

Sauron - Nimrod made that fight fun

Hit-Monkey (second most-hated fight) - Fury in his second life came through clutch once I got the rotations and animations down.

Airwalker - Doom made it really fun. Even when he got to 3 bars, sp1 and just continue various Doom rotations. Quick heavy also made knockdown easy. Only had to deal with regen once.

Cap Britain - Nimrod was fun for this fight. Got the reverse controls down after a couple tries. She's just tanky and hits hard, so I celebrated after beating her.

Wiccan (really hated it) - the passive incinerates were not an issue, the ones where he nullifies buffs shredded my champs. Later on, he started getting regens of 20k and 30k... I was happy to be done, but just demotivated. Fury was the only one that just shredded through him, especially when I went unblockable.

Psycho-man - Herc. No issues here. No solo, but once you get into the rotation, it's fine.

To be continued.
    xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

You NEED to bring a reverse immune if you wanna get past the last 1% of GM without throwing your phone (unless you’re Swedeah or MSD). Rank doesn’t matter for that last 1% tbh.
    Looks like I'm gonna be throwing my phone 😄😄😄. Thanks though.
    Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

😂😂. All the best man!
    xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

xNig said:

Shrink330 said:

A few questions.

😂😂. All the best man!
    Much appreciated. All the best to you and yours for the holiday. Will probably take a break and pick back up in a couple days.

P.S. Herc went in on Surfer and Misty!!! I take it back. I'm glad I brought him.
    At Nova now. Been mostly Herc and Nick for this second stretch. Actually enjoying this section of necropolis. Only issues were Storm X's and Cap's glancing, but it is just a patient slog. Will power through Nova tomorrow, and then, the GM. Will let you know if I throw my phone.

Also, now at the point of farming units in arena for revives. My resource and unit assessment were good. Just miscalculated based in the Wiccan fight.
    Finally done. Farming units took a while, and no reverse immune champ made the last few bits of the GM tough. Glad to be done. Taking a full-on break or more after this. Happy for my rank 3 Mojo. Wanted science to take Hulk up, but I will take it.

I get what you meant by needing a reverse controls immune champ for the GM. Took a while to get used to it. I just pushed through the 1% with Herc. Intercept and sp1 were quick. Sp2 didn't take too long, but getting to an sp3 took a while. Didn't throw my phone 😁.

Overall, enjoyed quite a few of the fights. Hated Wiccan, so if I ever go back in, will bring a counter for him (void or torch), and a reverse immune champ (6r3 Prof X is my highest right now). I moooooore than did my part for the community.

Team review:

Heimdall - does what he does best. Even chipped in a few times.

Nimrod - awesome for Sauron, good for me for Cap. Brit, and for Storm X when both tempests were not active.

Doom - amaaazing for Air Walker, Surfer, Dragon man, and helped a bit with Nova.

Fury - really surprised me. He helped out quite a bit in the second half.

Herc (MVP) - brought him for raw damage and he carried me from psycho man onwards. Not aegon level damage, but significant enough once ramped and boosted at 6r5^.

I more than did my part for the community totals 🤣.

Thanks again. Your post was one of the few examples I could find that aligned with my possible team and the most feasible path for me. You helped encourage me to just jump in. All the best.
    Grats bro! Great job done there!