**WINTER OF WOE - BONUS OBJECTIVE POINT**
As previously announced, the team will be distributing an additional point toward milestones to anyone who completed the Absorbing Man fight in the first step of the Winter of Woe.
This point will be distributed at a later time as it requires the team to pull and analyze data.
The timeline has not been set, but work has started.
There is currently an issue where some Alliances are are unable to find a match in Alliance Wars, or are receiving Byes without getting the benefits of the Win. We will be adjusting the Season Points of the Alliances that are affected within the coming weeks, and will be working to compensate them for their missed Per War rewards as well.

Additionally, we are working to address an issue where new Members of an Alliance are unable to place Defenders for the next War after joining. We are working to address this, but it will require a future update.

Forum Suggestions and Requests!

[Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
edited October 2018 in Suggestions and Requests
Hey hey hey peoples!

So we have brand new, shiny forums! The old forums caused a lot of frustration. These forums are MUCH better. Infinitely better. That being said, perhaps you'll have a suggestion or an idea about an extra feature you'd love to see added. This is the thread to make those requests!

Some ground rules:

- Keep it constructive
- Stay on topic, this thread is only for requests related to the forums themselves, not the game

Posts that do not follow the above will be deleted.

And a caveat as well: while we would love to impliment all suggestions we receive, there will be some that we are unable to put in due to either time or resource constraints. We won't be able to individually acknowledge all ideas received, but we will read all of them.

Thanks!
Post edited by Kabam Lyra on

Comments

• winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,655 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Can you move my post on a request on Champions' spotlight into here?

edited to add feedback:

1/ It is now difficult to find a specific champion's spotlight due to changed layout.
    There has to be scrolling up and down to find the specific champ.
    Is there any index feature to allow direct and quicker access?

2/ If the champion's attributes is changed due to rebalancing, can there be a highlight to state the stats and attributes are not updated?

Thanks.
  • CrusherOfDreamsCrusherOfDreams Posts: 1,370 ★★★
    Okay. Thanks for responding, it was really hard to get comments or views from Admin or Mods in the last forums, and I really hope that it will change in here, as it seems to be.
    winterthur wrote: »

edited to add feedback:

1/ It is now difficult to find a specific champion's spotlight due to changed layout.

2/ If the champion's attributes is changed due to rebalancing, can there be a highlight to state the stats and attributes are not updated?

Thanks.

Use the "ctrl" and "f" key to pull up a search bar in the top right corner. Using this, you can type in any words, characters, or phrases, and they will be searched out in the document. This works on all websites. It might be a nice feature for the forums to implement, but for now, use that for finding a character. Hope this helped.
  • [Deleted User][Deleted User] Posts: 724 ★★★★
    winterthur wrote: »

edited to add feedback:

Thanks.

1 - good point, we'll work on getting that added
    2 - I'll work with the Character design team on this as well. It may take us some time!
    How can I get to Strategy and Tips section. I searched but I don't seem to find it.

Thanks.
  • Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,384 ★★★★
    How can I see if people are online when reading posts like in the old forum other than having to click through dozens or hundreds of duplicate avatar pictures in the online section?
  • Madman_marvinMadman_marvin Posts: 644 ★★★★
    So is the feature gone where we can tap through to the next moderator comment?
  • DroidDoesDroidDoes Posts: 401 ★★
    Not sure if it's a glitch or not, but I notice Kabam Miike's text within a post is still showing as orange, but Ad0ra_ your in-post text is showing as white like the rest of us. Will all mods have their text a different color than ours? Or perhaps their name as the poster be a different color than ours? Might help to make the mod posts stand out a bit more
    Ooop ... double post in Strategy and Tips section. Can one of them be deleted?

Thanks.
  • MattyloMattylo Posts: 234
    I guess I posted in the wrong section. Which just adds to the following opinion..

Does anyone else find this new forum very difficult to navigate on mobile devices? I'm on an iPhone and don't have access to features like changing my avatar. And in general the front page of the forum is difficult to navigate through.
  • WolfeWolfe Posts: 272 ★★
    Would Kabam consider an app version for mobile usage. Like a few members pointed out navigation on mobile phones can be slightly tricky and disorientating. Anyway the new forums look cool. If there is one thing I could change I would consider having a separator of some sort to clearly define sticky and normal threads. Kinda hard to see now.
    Wolfe wrote: »
    Would Kabam consider an app version for mobile usage. Like a few members pointed out navigation on mobile phones can be slightly tricky and disorientating. Anyway the new forums look cool. If there is one thing I could change I would consider having a separator of some sort to clearly define sticky and normal threads. Kinda hard to see now.

A mobile version would be nice. Instead of trying to change up a website to work for multiple different devices and platforms, an app would make people happier.
    When you Google "Kabam Forums", the old one still pops up. Could you find a way to put this new forum at the top of the list?
  • HulksmasshhHulksmasshh Posts: 742 ★★★
    Something annoying is when you click on a thread for the first time, you'll be directed to the first post which is great. But when you go back and click on the same thread again, you'll be directed to the very bottom which is annoying. Just feels better to be directed to the first post everytime when you click a thread.
  • Time_to_clobberTime_to_clobber Posts: 119
    edited May 2017
    1. The scrolling down method is more cumbersome compared to the way it was before where we could simply click on the page we want to go to. If you want to keep the scroll down feature, perhaps you can emulate the Mark Millar forums: http://forums.millarworld.tv/

2. The CMs are not always posting in a different color so it is hard to notice the CM's post

3. Some of the posts are ending up on a different domain: "http://mcoc.vanillacommunities.com " instead of "https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com " and it forces you to sign in again and then doesn't recognize you. It's very weird
    1. The scrolling down method is more cumbersome compared to the way it was before where we could simply click on the page we want to go to. If you want to keep the scroll down feature, perhaps you can emulate the Mark Millar forums: http://forums.millarworld.tv/

2. The CMs are not always posting in a different color so it is hard to notice the CM's post

3. Some of the posts are ending up on a different domain: "http://mcoc.vanillacommunities.com/" instead of "https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com" and it forces you to sign in again and then doesn't recognize you. It's very weird

The re-sign in part is very confusing and annoying. That should be a priority fix.
  • GamerGamer Posts: 10,035 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    Im Sry to say it But you guys hav not Think of peppel one phone. Have hard to se What gone one. It cunfus alot in the new furums. The old wash much better one phone. Im just dont like this. For phone user. But the website one laptop it lucks Nice. One phone we Can not se so much.
  • Filippo1971Filippo1971 Posts: 33
    edited May 2017
    Amazing forums, finally something really new and different from the usual web scenario!
    Back to the suggestions:
    1) Ad0ra_ you write not in orange like other admins
    2) In general, in the thread list, could you highlight better the threads where there's an admin reply?
    3) is it possible to set the "categories" view as default, instead of the "recent discussions"?

Thanks
    Filippo 1971
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    Continuation from previous post:
    EDIT#3: The scrolling down method is cumbersome. Separate posts into different pages and have separate links in the view thread section - one for going to the first post in the thread, and the other to go to the last post. Also add a way to jump from one mod post to another

INCREASE TIME GIVEN TO EDIT POSTS! I was editing my previous post when the edit time ran out and I could no longer save the changes

EDIT#4: I see that several forum members don't have numbers or underscores in their username. Why wasn't the forum accepting my choice of username unless I added those?
  • swampnuggets_1swampnuggets_1 Posts: 7
    Same complaint here. Has to use a underscore and number. Wouldn't let me use my game name.
  • GbSarkarGbSarkar Posts: 1,075 ★★★
    edited May 2017
    We can use color tags?

EDIT: looks like we can!

Also, this is the BBCode guide I was talking about
  • Eb0ny-O-M4wEb0ny-O-M4w Posts: 13,734 ★★★★★
    edited May 2017
    For the mobile version, I still prefer the older forum. It was more clean than this one.

Some problems:
    -Sticky posts does not move up when someone writes on them.
    -There is no system to know if we had already saw the thread or not. Previously there was a clear type of letter, which was meaning that a new post was made. And there was a dark type of letter, which was meaning that we had already saw the thread.
  • General__RossGeneral__Ross Posts: 157
    I really like the new forums! You guys did a really good job, and I especially like the fact that you can change your avatar, so you can either follow your in-game top champ, or choose a favorite hero. If only you could do this in game, too! :wink:
  • WrexxWrexx Posts: 3
    edited May 2017
    First thing that my eyes catch is categories. Up top, where you have language - categories - discussion - best of... it would be better if you click categories, you would not open list on those categories, instead pop up list on same page and you click what category you want. Same way language tab is working now, either you click or browse on and it's show all categories to choose in and then you click again to get there. It's hard to explain, but that way it would be faster on mobile devices and you can easily get where you need.
  • MacTeNakAMacTeNakA Posts: 14
    edited May 2017
    1. More reactions to posts, specifically "dislike", "disagree", "terrible" "wtf", and "whatever antonym you want for insightful"
    2. off topic category
    3. I miss my custom avatar of Omega Red, can we get those back?
    4. Paginated threads would be awesome as supposed to continually scrolling through all comments on a thread
    5. Better forum page navigation. Currently the navigation bar only shows previous, next, first, and current page. More pages would be nice.
    Can you add the ability to close threads that you started? I've started many threads in the past that became irrelevant quickly, and I want them to become popular again. It would be helpful to be able to close the thread then reopen it elsewhere to become popular again. This is still considered duplicate posting or cross-posting since the thread exits elsewhere, and I don't want to be penalized for doing this, but it's hard not to want to reopen a thread of yours.
  • VandalSavageVandalSavage Posts: 267 ★★
    This isn't necessarily bug, nor is it in Contest of Champions, but it is certainly a problem. When making a post in these new forums, you can only edit for a certain amount of time. Why is this the case? I was really hoping that it would be changed with these new forums. Unfortunately, I posted something in here, and it said I had 15 minutes to edit. Not only was this unhelpful feature not removed, it was made worse. Please change this with the first wave of edits to these new and improved forums.
    -CrusherOfDreams

On Reddit, one of the users in a star wars forum started a forum game where he would edit his post AFTER someone made the response. The idea behind the game is to make the response look funny. I found it hilarious. Good times. I didn't participate but I found the thread enjoyable.

However, if this feature was enabled here, I strongly suspect that it wouldn't be too funny and it would be abused.
This discussion has been closed.