I don't get the Hercules hype

2»

Comments

• PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,238 ★★★★
    Thanks everyone for providing me with some much needed insight, maybe once 8.4 drops, the bgs meta rotates and I'm not primarily focused on necro I'll be able to realise his full potential within other modes.
  • Exo27Exo27 Member Posts: 55
    Hes not the best at anything, he's just really good at a lot of things
  • LokxLokx Member Posts: 1,239 ★★★★
    High damage is easier to access then cgr. Immortality means he last longer in quest and requires less health potions, he has a reduction in poison and bleed.

Even if a damaging debuff is inflicted you don’t have to stress so much about dying out as the immortality saves you a lot of the time.

Stun immune

In story quest boss fights where during wounded phase the damage is increased it means herc can get through phases waaay quicker then nearly all champs with little effort.

Unblockable during immortality.

His ramp up is quicker then aegon.

If your basing this on the ‘fun’ aspect then yes he can diminish that depending on your taste and preferred playstyle. However for someone who is exploring act 8 atm he is always on my team because his survivability and reliability is so high when it comes to getting through annoying defenders.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★
    It's okay op, I don't like him either lol I never use him, he's been sitting at r3 for a whole year now and that's where he's staying.
    That being said it is true, he's not the best at anything in specific but he works really well for everything regardless so that's the main reason. No champ in the game works that well for pretty much everything in the game.
  • BringPopcornBringPopcorn Member Posts: 4,426 ★★★★★
    It's not a hype, he is broken and game breaking at the same time. Kinda the reason he will probably never be available as a 7*
  • JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    I just pulled 6 star herc and I took him into war and it’s so easy. Don’t even need to look at nodes just brrrrr with immortality. I can’t believe I’ve been missing out on this.
  • Guest120193746239Guest120193746239 Member Posts: 262 ★★
    Everyone just rides his D... 97% the reason ppl Hate this bg season because they can't use the no skill champ
  • Jack2634Jack2634 Member Posts: 912 ★★★
    i think u accidentally typed hype in your post title
  • ArmageddønArmageddøn Member Posts: 827 ★★★
    edited December 2023
    Suppose I'm going to enter a quest where i don't really know what the nodes are and there is an entry limit and i can choose only one champ, I'll go with my Hercules cause he ignores 99% of the Bs. 1% being the recent addition of #atheist node.
    He's decent in Bg as attacker and a time stall on defense sometimes as mine is ascended R5. He's great in incursions and can finish fights even starting at 1% health. Can any of the other champs you mentioned do that? He's a true item saver and no champ can compete that.
    Too much Herc makes you a bad player beware
  • RasiloverRasilover Member Posts: 1,473 ★★★★
    Hercules is literally Fumbleproof and if you fumble when using him then something’s up
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,378 ★★★★★

Suppose I'm going to enter a quest where i don't really know what the nodes are and there is an entry limit and i can choose only one champ, I'll go with my Hercules cause he ignores 99% of the Bs. 1% being the recent addition of #atheist node.
    He's decent in Bg as attacker and a time stall on defense sometimes as mine is ascended R5. He's great in incursions and can finish fights even starting at 1% health. Can any of the other champs you mentioned do that? He's a true item saver and no champ can compete that.

Too much Herc makes you a bad player beware
    This, 100% agree, main reason I don't like using him. He's the best in the game there's no denying that but relying on Herc 100% and not learning other champs will only make you a worse player on the long run (probably one of the main reasons some people don't even know what they're doing in BGs this season)
  • KerneasKerneas Member Posts: 3,803 ★★★★★
    Solid damage, unrestricted by stupid stuff like buff control (CGR, Hulkling), longer rampups, short burst windows (Galan) etc.

He forces enemies to be aggressive - that alone is insane with the passive AI we all meet more or less often

He can bypass miss and autoblock- very handy for all the falter nodes etc.

And immortality means every tiniest revive's value is multiplied by 10. It has saved me thousands of units so far, and that's not an exaggeration

Overall he has a very flexible, easy to master kit, that allows you to effortlessly blast through a variety of content. While he may not be a specific counter to most nodes, he allows you to breeze through many, many challenges. Just try, get to immortality and pull off heavy damage. Rinse and repeat if needed

• DaddriedaDaddrieda Member Posts: 1,636 ★★★★
    i just cleared a path 8 war with Hercules combining him with heimdall unique synergy. kinda made the whole things fun and easy while slowly racking up the 7* shards.
  • Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Member Posts: 84

He's stun immune, do you know how valuable that is? He's the only champ in the game that is straight up stun immune. Encroaching stun? No problem, parry? No problem, future ant man stun? No problem.

Nick fury too for most of the time in offense
    Yea at 30% HP
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★
    edited January 1
    I understand. At first, I didn't see what was so special about him especially since he has an unimpressive poison resistance. But understand that when he was released, there was content out that he was the best at doing. Plus many use him for Incursion runs. The nodes there put him on beastmode.

I don't hype Herc up, but I can see why others feel the way they do. With just 1 strength buff, he becomes stun immune, and can counter a lot of nodes and defender abilities (Mantis, Ronan, Hulk, some special 3's stun, etc). Build his strength buffs to 12, and the fight will get more interesting. I have him as a 6*, R5 and max sig because I like raw damage dealing champs, and his maxed immortality buff can be a life saver. He is one of my top 2 raw damage Cosmics, other is Captain Marvel (movie). And with OG Black Panther synergy, he gains unblockable specials. That makes him a little more fun to use. 🤘🏽
  • TerminatrixTerminatrix Member Posts: 2,738 ★★★★★

Thanks everyone for providing me with some much needed insight, maybe once 8.4 drops, the bgs meta rotates and I'm not primarily focused on necro I'll be able to realise his full potential within other modes.

Awesome.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★

Ok to begin with I'd like to establish that I'm not saying Hercules is bad.
    Wanted him really badly ever since he entered the game
    I pulled him a few weeks prior r4 sig 140 rn
    I just don't get why people like him.

Like why? He isn't really a bgs champ, he's a subpar defender, people say he's good for incursions, I'm not saying he isn't but Angela imo is much much more fun in incursions than him, his damage is pretty nice but CGR has plenty, if it's utility then Hulkling has better access to buffs and better immunities
    I took the guy up but I don't find myself using him anywhere, is immortality the only thing that he's got going for himself ?? Is it the suicide masteries that make him shine?
    Am I Missing something?

IMO Herc is the best "general use" (read: short fights you can just button mash through like EOP, EQ/SQ, AQ, War and Incursions) champ by a long, long way, but the value of general use has been in freefall since EOP released with most new short challenges requiring specific, non-herc champs and new act content being easy even without him. He's a decent BGs champ, and a good War attacker, but with deathless challenges looking to be the main extra content in 2024, unless 8.4 does a complete 180 on the difficulty decrease we've been seeing in act 8, I think Herc is a good way away from "best champ"
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★

He's stun immune, do you know how valuable that is? He's the only champ in the game that is straight up stun immune. Encroaching stun? No problem, parry? No problem, future ant man stun? No problem.

He's not straight up stun immune. He's stun immune while he has feats, which he loses whenever a stun is attempted. Activating the immunity hurts his damage, and if it's activated too much he does get stunned.

I can only see Nick and maybe Kitty that can actually claim to have a 100% uptime true stun immunity.
  • Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Member Posts: 3,550 ★★★★★
    The immortality alone can save u so many potions and revives. I use him in war to give opponents as less def kills as possible.
    Bgs champ? He surely is great for bgs. Mainly on offense but sometimes a menace on defense with high health pool, infuriate stun immunity and immortality with greater block damage per strength. Offense wise, finishing off fights in bgs within a minute is not bad at all
    Utility? Bleed poison resistance, and he has a synergy for poison too. Immortality allows you to deal high damage while letting recoil do its work too, so a great suicides option too. Plus easy access to indestructible via sp3, that gives u power gain if opponent reaches 3 bars of power by recieving damage from it. Way too good for a champ in base kit itself
    What else do you want when he already has nice damage and immortality?
  • Ghost_DriverGhost_Driver Member Posts: 84

He's not straight up stun immune. He's stun immune while he has feats, which he loses whenever a stun is attempted. Activating the immunity hurts his damage, and if it's activated too much he does get stunned.

I can only see Nick and maybe Kitty that can actually claim to have a 100% uptime true stun immunity.
    True, but if you play him right, he's stun immune 100% of the time and getting charges back are the easiest thing in the world.
  • Gainsley_HarriottGainsley_Harriott Member Posts: 255 ★★
    edited January 1
    Hercules with suicides is what really shines:
    - Insane damage of course
    - Constant healing as he has bleed/poison resistance
    - Everyone else on the team gets +15% attack while Herc is alive and have the liquid courage poison on them

Then you have the other reasons why he’s so good:
    - His strengths are unique and bypasses a lot of damage mitigation nodes/abilities
    - Counters miss/auto-block
    - Access to loads of buffs including precisions and cruelties which alongside strengths gives him insane damage
    - Indestructible on his SP3
    - Can stun lock with relic + 2 SP2’s
    - Then you have his immortality (best to take him to sig 200). Bypasses the majority of whatever the game can throw at you