**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

Who's the best skill champ as of 2023-24?

Alright guys so I have been hearing alot about Champs like Kate and valkyrie. Some say Shang chi is top 3 and nick no1, while some are saying nick to be a top 5 in global. Can't really trust global on a few stuff. So who are the top 10 skill champs according to you all?

Comments

• Options
    GokemonGokemon Posts: 91
    Valkyrie Is better than Shang chi??? How
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,407 ★★★★★
    I think Kate is easily the best skill attacker. If you’re looking at dual threats, then I’d say Nick/KP are better since they have more defensive value
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,006 ★★★★★
    Tier lists are always subjective for the most part but for me: Kate, Nick, Valk, Mole-Man, Kingpin, Shang, Hit-Monkey, Masacre, Crossbones, Zemo. In that order.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 2,407 ★★★★★

Tier lists are always subjective for the most part but for me: Kate, Nick, Valk, Mole-Man, Kingpin, Shang, Hit-Monkey, Masacre, Crossbones, Zemo. In that order.

That’s a pretty solid list. I agree with most of it, but I think I’d throw in Black Cat above champs like Zemo and HM and Chee’ilth seems to be a great dual threat
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,521 ★★★★★
    Personally shang chi is best skill for me, I like him a lot and prefer him over others.

But objectively, kate is the most useful and relevant skill rankup, from bgs to necro to story content to alliance stuff, she handles everywhere and shines as an attacker, and is even a more than decent defender.

Kate is one of those ghost and kitty kind of champs, the person with good skills and nice timing will get the most use out of her. She counters a lot of stuff than you think.

But if you want a skill version of hercules who you could use without reading any nodes, just go with kingpin. He smashes through content like there's no tomorrow.

Black cat is a bgs monster. The amount of defenders she can counter is endless.

You essentially want to use nick only at 5/5 deep wounds. But with lot of bleed immunes in the contest, he got his limitations more than other top skill champs.

Valkyrie has a certainly unique playstyle where you can get abilities by controlling your combo meter, your main source of damage will be through blocks, and is best unstoppable counter at max sig.

And for your question, the answer is easily queen kate.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,521 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

I think Kate is easily the best skill attacker. If you’re looking at dual threats, then I’d say Nick/KP are better since they have more defensive value

You'll be surprised to see the amount of players losing to kate in bgs cuz they forgot that they aren't supposed to parry - hit kate.
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

That’s a pretty solid list. I agree with most of it, but I think I’d throw in Black Cat above champs like Zemo and HM and Chee’ilth seems to be a great dual threat
    They probably are better yeah I've heard great things about them, I've just never used them myself so I don't know enough about them but you might be right.
    Zemo is really only in 10 cause of sentimental value lol I've done so much game content with him (including Necropolis) since he came out, but I'm pretty sure he will no longer be top 10 soon. He's not a champ you can use under normal circumstances like the rest, node interactions with purify or debuffs and long form content is where he really shines.
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

His highest rated champ is probably Shang chi, so he wants confirmation he is the best skill

ahmynuts said:

Gokemon said:

There's so many champs that can do what Shang Chi does but only Valk can do what she does
    obviously not. I personally believe him to be top 5. He is my dream champ. That's all. Ik kingpin , nick being top 2 but idk about kate and valk
  • Options

I still love Moleman. Great utility, ways fits the EQ skill nodes.

Same here. People treat him like corvus now
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 716 ★★★★
    Is this where someone says Elsa is obviously the best?
  • Options
    Emilia90 said:

Is Kate the best for endgame level players or something? I am not cause I have her. Idk how she could be better than even nick. Although i am not able to get proper comments on her either. Many call her top 4, while some say she is mid. Global sucks . So asking here. Is that the reason many are ranking her nowadays?
  • Options
    Omedenn said:

His highest rated champ is probably Shang chi, so he wants confirmation he is the best skill

ahmynuts said:

Gokemon said:

There's so many champs that can do what Shang Chi does but only Valk can do what she does
    That is correct good sir 💀

• Options

Personally shang chi is best skill for me, I like him a lot and prefer him over others.

But objectively, kate is the most useful and relevant skill rankup, from bgs to necro to story content to alliance stuff, she handles everywhere and shines as an attacker, and is even a more than decent defender.

Kate is one of those ghost and kitty kind of champs, the person with good skills and nice timing will get the most use out of her. She counters a lot of stuff than you think.

But if you want a skill version of hercules who you could use without reading any nodes, just go with kingpin. He smashes through content like there's no tomorrow.

Black cat is a bgs monster. The amount of defenders she can counter is endless.

You essentially want to use nick only at 5/5 deep wounds. But with lot of bleed immunes in the contest, he got his limitations more than other top skill champs.

Valkyrie has a certainly unique playstyle where you can get abilities by controlling your combo meter, your main source of damage will be through blocks, and is best unstoppable counter at max sig.

And for your question, the answer is easily queen kate.

Damm. I did take my nick to rank 3 last week. I don't have deep wounds. Too costly. Spent all units in gbc. Is he gonna be useful without them? I am fine for now
  • Options

Is this where someone says Elsa is obviously the best?

Sadly no
  • Options
    OmedennOmedenn Posts: 871 ★★★

Omedenn said:

ahmynuts said:

Gokemon said:

So predictable, lol
  • Options

Omedenn said:

ahmynuts said:

Gokemon said:

Yeah I mentioned it clearly here too. He is my dream champ. Doesn't mean I consider him the best. I have kingpin, nick and shang chi at rank 3. It isn't like I don't know anything about other Champs. Yeah excluding newer Champs since I wasn't much online
  • Options
    Wait a second. Nobody mention Aegon. Is he forgotten nowadays lol? People used to place him as the best skill in previous years. Major changes
  • Options
    WinterFieldsWinterFields Posts: 716 ★★★★
    Gokemon said:

Wait a second. Nobody mention Aegon. Is he forgotten nowadays lol? People used to place him as the best skill in previous years. Major changes

He is very useful for Necropolis, which is why there are many more r5 now than before. However, he isn't a good defender and only shines on attack if you can ramp him up. Most content is just top short to use him regularly
  • Options
    Viper198787Viper198787 Posts: 465 ★★★
    edited January 4
    Gokemon said:

I still love Moleman. Great utility, ways fits the EQ skill nodes.

Same here. People treat him like corvus now
    Do you not understand that this game evolves and more/different things are asked of champs now? That’s how a game functions. Always evolving mechanics and releasing champs to counter said mechanics to incentivize people to buy them. Some champs might have been top 3 in 2021 but have fallen off since due to the evolution of the game and new mechanics.
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,096 ★★★★★
    Gokemon said:

He’s one of those guys you would never use unless you are just trying to get something done with, completely disregarding the cost. Sig 999 aegon off the jump would be #1 maybe in the game, but with his long ramp up, pretty much locks him out of a lot of areas that isn’t everest
  • Options
    SamanunSamanun Posts: 668 ★★★
    Kate
    Chi
    Kingpin
    Valk
    Nick
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,604 ★★★★★

Electra

Based
  • Options
    NEXTONNEXTON Posts: 595 ★★★
    Bullseye 🎯 hands down.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Gokemon said:

Apart from countering unstoppable, Masacre is doing at least equal (if not better) what Valkyrie does.
    He doesn’t rely on buffs, he heal blocks through despair, but the most important he has damage that no champ is immune to.
    He is one of the top BGs attackers, especially at the current meta.