**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

In 2024 could we pls have a Champ from Australia?

13»

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,818 ★★★★★
    edited January 2
    I'd rather not have Talisman or any other Aboriginal Australian with "dream time" powers, seems racist, you know? Like Shamrock the Irish hero with luck powers, or having a Canadian with maple syrup powers or some shid.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★

Interesting….
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★

So disappointed no one seems to have got the joke that Wolverine's Australian because he's played by Huge Ackman.

He's also Australian in Spider-Man and His Amazing Friends.

One thing is the actor ,Hugh Jackman from Australia

Other is the Marvel Character, Wolverine from Canada.

The discussion here is about a new Mcoc Australian champ, so, we are trying some Australian heroes.

We have Captain Britain
    Brazil = Sunspot

Italy?
    France? (Batroc will be nice)
    Germany - Red Skull and Baron Zemo?
    Japan? - Silver Samurai will be great
    China=Shang Chi
    Mexico=America Chavez

America Chavez is from the USA. Masacre would be a better option for Mexico
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Wolfsbane from Scotland would be cool ig
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,235 ★★★
    edited January 5

America Chavez is from the USA. Masacre would be a better option for Mexico

Yes, but there are some sources that says she is a latin super-hero.

But, we knew from comics and from Dr.Strange Multiverse of Madness movie that she came from Utopian Parallel planet/dimension. Of course, comics may retcon his origins, but it's pretty awckward to do this after few years of the character, created in 2010.

Now, we'll have 2 more champs from New York, US...White Tiger and Bullseye
  • Options
    America being a latina doesn't preclude her from being an American. American doesn't equal white.

And they did retcon her backstory in the comics to her being American and not from the Utopian parallel. That's why I listed her as American.
  • Options
    FrydayFryday Posts: 680 ★★★
    My knowledge of Marvel is mainly from X Men 92 and Spider Man, so it is limited

So honest question, does Marvel have any more South East Asian characters that isn't from China or Japan?

The region have such a diverse cultures and legends, and so far it feel like more characters known characters are from China and Japan (which is already so well represented on all type of media), it would be interesting to see a character from the like of Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Philippines.

Raya the Last Dragon did a decent job of that.
  • Options
    startropicsstartropics Posts: 557 ★★★★

• Options
    Darkness275Darkness275 Posts: 819 ★★★★
    Buttehrs said:

But can you really name any aussie marvel characters? I'm willing to bet there's very few. Unless you mean marvel itself needs to create some.

Gateway, could be a really amazing character art wise.

Slipstream and Lifeguard. Both amazing power sets, would be artistically amazing. Shi'ar tie-in. Lifeguard's utility alone could make her just such an amazing champion even if she's not the biggest damage dealer. She's like a proto-Darwin.

Eva Bell - I think bringing her into the game would be unlikely. I'm imagining Quake but much more cracked. Periods of just freezing your opponent in place.

Pyro - has been asked for many times.

Wasn't Kraven Australian in the Ultimate Universe?

You're right, there's not a lot, but the ones that exist aren't exactly obscure. They're also all mutants (save Ultimate Kraven), a class that needs a lot of love Kabam!!!
  • Options

Buttehrs said:

But can you really name any aussie marvel characters? I'm willing to bet there's very few. Unless you mean marvel itself needs to create some.

Gateway, could be a really amazing character art wise.

Slipstream and Lifeguard. Both amazing power sets, would be artistically amazing. Shi'ar tie-in. Lifeguard's utility alone could make her just such an amazing champion even if she's not the biggest damage dealer. She's like a proto-Darwin.

Eva Bell - I think bringing her into the game would be unlikely. I'm imagining Quake but much more cracked. Periods of just freezing your opponent in place.

Pyro - has been asked for many times.

Wasn't Kraven Australian in the Ultimate Universe?

You're right, there's not a lot, but the ones that exist aren't exactly obscure. They're also all mutants (save Ultimate Kraven), a class that needs a lot of love Kabam!!!
    I’d just like to see just 1 Aussie champ, hero or villain, in this game. Just 1…
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★
    I legit forgot Pyro was aussie. Pyro is still one of my favorite xmen villians
  • Options
    Fryday said:

My knowledge of Marvel is mainly from X Men 92 and Spider Man, so it is limited

So honest question, does Marvel have any more South East Asian characters that isn't from China or Japan?

The region have such a diverse cultures and legends, and so far it feel like more characters known characters are from China and Japan (which is already so well represented on all type of media), it would be interesting to see a character from the like of Vietnam, Lao, Cambodia, Thailand, Malaysia and Philippines.

Raya the Last Dragon did a decent job of that.

China and Japan are NORTH east Asia. But they do have characters from Asia besides those two countries. There's:
    Luna Snow (a Future Fight exclusive that crossed into comics), Crescent (same), White Fox, Taegukgi and a few others from South Korea, Wave from the Philippines (and a whole team called Triumph Division, I don't remember the names of), Pinpoint from India (a teleporter kid who was in the expanded Champions teen hero team), Dust from Afghanistan, Mantis and Karma from Vietnam, the current Giant Man, Raz Malhotra is Indian, Brawn/Amadeus Cho is Korean too...
  • Options
    Buttehrs said:

I live in hope Pyro makes it into the game…1 because he’s a cool Mutant and 2 he’s an Aussie…
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Buttehrs said:

I live in hope Pyro makes it into the game…1 because he’s a cool Mutant and 2 he’s an Aussie…
    If blob wins the summoner choice this year, and Pyro gets added, all we'd need is avalanche for that good brotherhood team
  • Options
    DisposablexDisposablex Posts: 57

Gorgeous George from Sinister's Nasty Boys group.
  • Options
    BKSwisherSweetBKSwisherSweet Posts: 145 ★★

I think Boomerang would be pretty cool champ to be added to the MCOC universe
  • Options

I think Boomerang would be pretty cool champ to be added to the MCOC universe

Cool..Yeah include him also
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,283 ★★★★★
    If it isn't Manifold, we riot.
  • Options
    Herbal_TaxmanHerbal_Taxman Posts: 112 ★★

HoadyOZ said:

Emilia90 said:

Is Omega sentinel a Indian champ? What other south Asian champs exists (besides kamala)

There’s Omega, Sorcerer Supreme, and Kamala. Very little South Asian rep in this game and there’s not a single SA man either lol. Probably has a lot to do with the fact that comic writers never wrote many SA characters in the first place

I’d love to see Pav personally! He was so cool in ATSV
    I think it’s all about the business at the end of the day. Marvel would have created international characters to try and crack into those markets. The Indian domestic comic industry was always very strong, so Marvel probably thought it was too hard to break into. If the Disney empire ever buy into it, there are some awesome Indian superheroes to bring into the universe.
    I’m Australian and couldn’t care less about having an Australian champ in the game. I’d rather have an Australian fighting platform game where you have to fight the wildlife and some of the feral locals.
    Marvel did try to crack the Indian market back in the 2000s. That's why Spider-Man India exists.

Storm's African. She's from Kenya.

Black Panther, Jabari Panther and Shuri are Wakandan. Killmonger's half Wakandan.

Abomination, Omega Red, Colossus/Unstoppable Colossus, Magik, Red Guardian and Black Widow/BWDO are Russian

Guillotine is French.

Nightcrawler, Red Skull and Zemo are German

Omega Sentinel and Sorcerer Supreme are Indian

Ms Marvel (Kamala Khan) is Pakistani-American

Blade, Elsa Bloodstone and Psylocke/Captain Britain are British

Squirrel Girl, Guardian, Sasquatch, Wolverine/Weapon X, Gold/Plat/Deadpool/Xpool are Canadian

Sunspot's Brazilian

Scarlet Witch/Classic and Quicksilver are Wundagorian or Transian

Doctor Doom/IMI is Latverian

Jubilee is Chinese-American

America Chavez is American

Namor's Atlantean
    Wesley Snipes is British?!?
  • Options

no, but in the comics, Blade was born in Britain.
  • Options

As Wolverine isn't Aussie

But the actor (Hugh Jackman) yes

Always think about comics and Mcoc Champion info
    Forget about the actors

• Options

Yes today is Australia Day!

I hope someday in the future the Mutant Pyro will join MCOC.

Why? He’s cool and he’s an Aussie Mutant Champ and if he comes in the game he’ll be the first champ from Australia!

• Options
    Bulmkt said:

Why? He’s cool and he’s an Aussie Mutant Champ and if he comes in the game he’ll be the first champ from Australia!

Done
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116

I'd rather not have Talisman or any other Aboriginal Australian with "dream time" powers, seems racist, you know? Like Shamrock the Irish hero with luck powers, or having a Canadian with maple syrup powers or some shid.

Let’s work on this. How would the maple syrup powers work?
  • Options
    Possibly like Soft Serve...
  • Options

Bulmkt said:

Done
    The Kangaroo! Wow!