Options

Immortal Hulk or King Groot

I have a question…. I’m at 7.4, just got done with 7.4.1 and I’m trying to get paragon…. Who is better to take to
Rank 3 King Groot or Immortal Hulk ?
Keeping in mind that I do have a generic awakening gem BUT I have NO sig stones to put on either one….

Comments

• Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 316 ★★
    King Groot is very good, his damage is mid but he’s pretty tanky and has really good regen once awakened; has a good synergy with Immortal Abom too. Immortal Hulk can get crazy damage chaining specials and medium combos but he needs a bit more finesse to keep Rage stacks up, and if the opponent can bypass his immortality he goes from absurdly hard to kill to extremely glass cannon. Use him right though and you’ll melt enemies and be almost impossible to kill.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,191 ★★★★★
    KG prolly but not sure either one helps especially with Act 7.
  • Options
    Kevin30705Kevin30705 Posts: 74

KG prolly but not sure either one helps especially with Act 7.

I had saw some videos of people using KG and IH against Kang in 7.4.6
    Are there other champs that may be better for that fight that I should be considering ?
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,406 ★★★★★
    The choice probably depends what kind of player you are:

If you're a high-skilled player, who can adapt quickly, bait specials, and manipulate the opponents' AI, then Immortal Hulk is the guy for your: he'll smash through opponents that he genuinely has no business killing, but squashes with raw damage.

If you're a medium-to-low-skilled player who is going to be taking hits to the face, and needs sustainability to slog it out, then KG all the way. He's got Immunities and shrug-off; and access to permanent armour breaks, to beautifully counter opponents like Killmonger and Emma Frost. You've got an Awakening Gem: at Sig 1 he's pretty sustainable; at Sig 200, he's borderline immortal.
  • Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 430 ★★★
    A 200 sig KG attacker needs some nasty nodes to die…and that SP2 with 6+ fury buffs, pretty good 🔥🔥🔥
  • Options
    7.4.6 Kang doesn’t really need a specific counter; certain champs will benefit in specific phases but mainly you just want to be good at dexing to build charges and use someone who can hit hard when you trigger his wounded. I used maybe 10 revives with spidergwen and that was mostly from screwing up and intercepting or parrying when I shouldn’t have and getting punished, or screwing up the timing on his specials.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    They are complete opposite champs tbh.

Hulk sacrifice his health for high attack.
    King Groot sacrifice his attack and furies for purification and regeneration.
  • Options
    So with all that good advice, is there a specific champ or champs that I should try to have when I get to 7.4.6 Kang ?
  • Options
    Thokk150Thokk150 Posts: 66
    Ultron worked really well for me
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,560 ★★★★★
    KG is great for AQ -- give him the broken armor node and he regens for days. But I never used him in story content.

KG needs the awakening, and some sig stones really help too.

I don't like IHulk, but there are a few paradox nodes that he's broken for -- just stun locks defenders until dead.

• Options
    Spidergwen and OG Hulk both worked well; either storm would probably be good for hitting big specials during Wounded.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★

So with all that good advice, is there a specific champ or champs that I should try to have when I get to 7.4.6 Kang ?

Duped ultron can regen some block damage.
    Gorr applies bleed poison and shock, so kang apply them in return, and gorr regen like no tomorrow
  • Options

Duped ultron can regen some block damage.
    Gorr applies bleed poison and shock, so kang apply them in return, and gorr regen like no tomorrow
    Does he need to be awakened and/or high sig ?

• Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,169 ★★★★
    I’m personally not a fan of Immortal Hulk. His playstyle is similar to Adam Warlock but more risky. Adam has his infuriate and taunt to manipulate the AI as well as unblockable if they go too passive, but IHulk doesn’t.