Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

The damage discrepancy between Onslaught and Dani Moonstar

SecondSkrillerSecondSkriller Posts: 970 ★★★★
I’m trying to approach this topic in a polite way, by taking a look at the damage of these two 2023 Mutants.

Initially I presumed Dani would have an edge over Onslaught in some regard, anything, maybe perhaps her damage is better in shorter fights, considering the utility difference between the two is night and day. However, it seems that the only fight she’ll ever beat him in is Nick Fury…

I seriously urge the rebalance team to really tune her up properly, since there’s really no doubt in my mind that she’s the worst 2023 champion, far behind Gladiator even.
For Onslaught to have utility like he has, damage like he has and also insane defensive prowess, it makes no sense why Dani, a purely offensive champion with no immunities whatsoever, would get outclassed even in the damage department by him.

Here’s the numbers: Dani: 7 star rank 1 duped, Onslaught 6 star rank 4 ascended duped

I love her design and it sucks that the first native american champion in the game is so purposefully undertuned.

Comments

• Options
    Another thing I wanted to mention is that her damage is energy and physical and relies highly on buffs and crits, while Onslaught’s is pure degen damage…
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,484 ★★★
    WHOAH how much health does ex star lord have? If it is the same as ex red hulk that's insane because my r3 ascended nick takes down ex red in maybe 6 mins I think? Maybe 7, 8 max 10 for a 7 star is kinda like wha
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 910 ★★★★
    I love my r2 dani, she consistently does ROL WS in under 40 seconds, the sp2 normally takes off atleast 400k.

I use 6 star gambit relic and max cides 24 7 so of course its gonna be crazy tho🤷‍♂️
  • Options

I love my r2 dani, she consistently does ROL WS in under 40 seconds, the sp2 normally takes off atleast 400k.

I use 6 star gambit relic and max cides 24 7 so of course its gonna be crazy tho🤷‍♂️

You’re referencing fights where the special 2 actually crits. I have the 6 star Gambit relic equipped aswell and it doesn’t even matter since the final sp2 hit is energy based, not physical.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,049 ★★★★★

WHOAH how much health does ex star lord have? If it is the same as ex red hulk that's insane because my r3 ascended nick takes down ex red in maybe 6 mins I think? Maybe 7, 8 max 10 for a 7 star is kinda like wha

Labyrinth Starlord has roughly double the health of Labyrinth Red Hulk.
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 910 ★★★★

You’re referencing fights where the special 2 actually crits. I have the 6 star Gambit relic equipped aswell and it doesn’t even matter since the final sp2 hit is energy based, not physical.
    Even if the last hit doesn't crit its still over 100k damage, for no ramp up I'd say she's a top mutant. Just my opinion
  • Options

Here’s a R5 Dani vs R5 onslaught. I managed to get a faster time with Dani, does that mean onslaught needs tuning up?

Damage comparisons in RoL are probably the last place you should look for evidence of a need for rebalancing

No, it means Dani needs tuning up, especially since to get that time your Dani crit on her sp2. Her crit chance is 18% so that’s 1 out of 5 matchups where it crits.
  • Options

2023 was a great year for champs. Onslaught is better than Dani. So what?

If they had been released with the same level of power then people would be complaining that Onslaught needs to be buffed.

Some folks just have to complain.

I disagree. Onslaught is too strong and Dani is too weak. The middlegroud would have been the best. People are calling Onslaught the best mutant and rightfully so, he’s beyond broken. Meanwhile, Dani is underwhelming even in her best matchup.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Your comparison doesn't work, besides outside of being 2023 Mutants, and having Neuroshock in their kit, they are different. One focuses on Prowess and special damage, the other focuses on debuff damage. Shuri is not the same as Infamous Iron Man despite both being 2022 Techs and having Shock in their kit.

Shuri and Idoom are extremely compatible for comparison and so are Dani and Onslaught. Onslaught is the direct better version of Dani in every single regard. And because they came out in the same year it’s not ok to set the bar so low for one and so high for another.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

My man, you're literally comparing Dani to the dude, when utilized correctly, has some of the highest damage output in the game. Onslaught soloed abyss collector within 4 minutes. The dude is seriously busted.

Noth 2023 mutants, this is why I made the thread, to show exactly what undertuned and overtuned means.
  • Options
    edited January 9

Even if the last hit doesn't crit its still over 100k damage, for no ramp up I'd say she's a top mutant. Just my opinion
    Show me a picture of the last hit being over 100k noncrit and I will never make another complaint thread again.

Edit: without any sp3 prowess ofc.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

altavista said:

Your comparison doesn't work, besides outside of being 2023 Mutants, and having Neuroshock in their kit, they are different. One focuses on Prowess and special damage, the other focuses on debuff damage. Shuri is not the same as Infamous Iron Man despite both being 2022 Techs and having Shock in their kit.

Shuri and Idoom are extremely compatible for comparison and so are Dani and Onslaught. Onslaught is the direct better version of Dani in every single regard. And because they came out in the same year it’s not ok to set the bar so low for one and so high for another.
    You did not just say Shuri and iron doom are comparable. Shuris damage is based on shocks and doing non-contact every attack. Iron Dooms damage is based on power burn. You will use both champions for completely different matchups and with completely different playstyles. Try using Shuri against Bishop and tell me if they're comparable.
    Comparable doesn’t mean identical. I said compatible for comparison because they utilize similar mechanics like shock and non-crit attacks, don’t take it so seriously I didn’t say Idoom is better than her…
  • Options
    HoitadoHoitado Posts: 3,707 ★★★★★
    Saying that she is purposefully undertuned because of her Native American Background is a bogus claim in my opinion.
  • Options

Here’s a R5 Dani vs R5 onslaught. I managed to get a faster time with Dani, does that mean onslaught needs tuning up?

Damage comparisons in RoL are probably the last place you should look for evidence of a need for rebalancing

No, it means Dani needs tuning up, especially since to get that time your Dani crit on her sp2. Her crit chance is 18% so that’s 1 out of 5 matchups where it crits.

And I got this time without the crit on the last hit of the special. So 58 seconds is the cut off between being ok, but any more and they need a tune up?

And besides, using an insane damage champion like Onslaught as the bench mark? Why not go ahead and compare her utility to Hercules and say she sucks based on that too.
    Both 2023 mutants, she should have had the damage, not him. He has the utility. The way I see it is that he offers much more but doesn’t have that much damage offensively and she is the offensive neuroshock powerhouse with much less utility.

How am I wrong?
  • Options
    Hoitado said:

Saying that she is purposefully undertuned because of her Native American Background is a bogus claim in my opinion.

No one said that. I said it sucks that it happened to be her. You’re projecting.