**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Deathless champions guessing thread

G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
edited January 10 in General Discussion
So, with King Groot revealed and the picture including silhouettes of the other champs, what are the best guesses for the remaining champs?

I‘m saying Thanos, Hyperion and Spider-Man…

Guillotine and King Groot have both been buffed in the past, so maybe the trend is to release the pre-buff versions as deathless? As in, „We may have been replaced by buffed versions, but we didn‘t die!“ ???

Then OG Spider-Man would make sense, but Hyperion is out, right? So who‘s the jacked guy in the middle?

Comments

• Options
    gash228gash228 Posts: 106
    I guess the remaining 2 deathless champions will be from the "original 12" as well. I'm also guessing their regular versions aren't yet (and probably won't be) available as 7 stars. So Maybe Captain Marvel Classic and Thor?
  • Options
    gash228 said:

I guess the remaining 2 deathless champions will be from the "original 12" as well. I'm also guessing their regular versions aren't yet (and probably won't be) available as 7 stars. So Maybe Captain Marvel Classic and Thor?

What are the "original 12"? Pretty sure guillotine and King Groot weren't in the initial champion pool of the game...

Didn't Jax say these aren't actual forms but just stock images or something. But the one on the left looks like Thanos

Oh, I must have missed that... But yeah, I guess Thanos is a safe bet, particularly because he is the only one with glowing eyes...
  • Options
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/353755/is-this-the-next-deathless

In this thread, King Groot and Hulk were being discussed, so now I am pretty sure that the jacked dude in the back is Hulk... He, too, was buffed, so deathless hulk may be the pre-buff version (or even pre-pre-buff, since he was buffed twice)...

The silhouette "kinda" fits Hulk, so maybe they slightly adjusted the silhouettes, which would make Jax' comment "kinda" right...

I'm still on the fence about the small champ behind Guillotine... Spidey would make sense from the "pre-buff" perspective, and the silhouette also "kinda" fits, because Spidey doesn't have ears like that, does he?
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★
    I guess the (boring) trend is to make only champs who were Nameless champs in the past, Deathless champs.
  • Options
    GomezlinkGomezlink Posts: 217
    edited January 10
    I don't know if there are 12 originals, but I know there are 5, which are: Guillotine, King Groot, Vision, Hiperion and Scarlet Witch, but this one I think is very top, for it to be released
  • Options

I guess the (boring) trend is to make only champs who were Nameless champs in the past, Deathless champs.

Gomezlink said:

I don't know if there are 12 originals, but I know there are 5, which are: Guillotine, King Groot, Vision, Hiperion and Scarlet Witch, but this one I think is very top, for it to be released

I don‘t know… As stated, 7* deathless guillotine initially had synergies with King Groot and Hulk, which are now anonymized as „coming soon“… This is a pretty big hint towards a Deathless Hulk… And afaik there was no Nameless Hulk…

For now, my money is on Hulk and Spidey…
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,784 ★★★★★
    Gomezlink said:

According to the lore when aegon came out, Hyperion and 10 others are considered originals of the very first battlerealm. Don't recall who all of them were though.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,024 ★★★★

Gomezlink said:

I don‘t know… As stated, 7* deathless guillotine initially had synergies with King Groot and Hulk, which are now anonymized as „coming soon“… This is a pretty big hint towards a Deathless Hulk… And afaik there was no Nameless Hulk…

For now, my money is on Hulk and Spidey…
    Do we know for sure she have a synergy with a hulk like deathless champ? Was it leaked or something?
  • Options
    ThePredator1001ThePredator1001 Posts: 653 ★★★
    I’m guessing we will see deathless hulk due to the synergy leak, and for the last one I would love to see a mutant, and deathless Deadpool would be amazing, unlikely but amazing
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,033 ★★★★★
    Hulk makes a lot of sense with the synergy conversation.

I find Spider-Man unlikely if Hulk is the other one. We will have a mystic, cosmic, and science already, so the fourth will likely be from a class not yet represented.

I also don’t think the pre-buff thing we have seen with Guillotine will necessarily be a pattern. Guillotine had one of the most controversial reworks in the game, with many people (myself included) being upset with the removal of key parts of her original kit. The rework was seen as, at best, a lateral move. I can’t think of any other champion whose rework removed so much from their original kit that the player base was upset with. Some people were happy to see pre-rework Guillotine. Nobody is looking to see pre-buff KG or Hulk.

Off the wall theory with no basis for it: Deathless Daredevil (Hell’s Kitchen).
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,328 ★★★★★
    Herc Kitty doom
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    I definetly know that one of them is thanos and I heard that once you get all of the deathless champs,you get thanos
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 310 ★★★
    Here's the list of nameless champs from the Kabam webpage. I really think the last 2 will be Hype and Vision.

https://help.kabamsupport.com/hc/en-us/articles/360052118352-Unique-Champions-of-The-Contest
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    edited January 10
    Secret revealed

Amazing

• Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★

I’m guessing we will see deathless hulk due to the synergy leak, and for the last one I would love to see a mutant, and deathless Deadpool would be amazing, unlikely but amazing

I was just thinking that... Deathless-pool? 😉
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★

I was just thinking that... Deathless-pool? 😉
    The pool that cannot be killed
  • Options
    JimajohnJimajohn Posts: 96

So, with King Groot revealed and the picture including silhouettes of the other champs, what are the best guesses for the remaining champs?

I‘m saying Thanos, Hyperion and Spider-Man…

Guillotine and King Groot have both been buffed in the past, so maybe the trend is to release the pre-buff versions as deathless? As in, „We may have been replaced by buffed versions, but we didn‘t die!“ ???

Then OG Spider-Man would make sense, but Hyperion is out, right? So who‘s the jacked guy in the middle?

One on the right I'm guessing Spot. It looks like his model and the little ear things are present on both the back outline and spot :)
  • Options
    KnordyKnordy Posts: 186 ★★
    Buttehrs said:

Gomezlink said:

According to the lore when aegon came out, Hyperion and 10 others are considered originals of the very first battlerealm. Don't recall who all of them were though.
    These were considered the original 12 in the lore. The Fantastic Four are in the back.

• Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,325 ★★★★★
    Thanos was confirmed by Miike long back. No doubt it's not gonna be hulk