**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Chee'ilth, Black Cat, or wait a bit and see if I can pull Shang Chi.

I have a r3 skill gem, and every skill champion in the game except Shang Chi. I've never felt I needed to gather rank up opinions in 9 years of playing this game, but I just can't decide this time. I can become valiant right now, but was waiting until I can make the right decision.

Chee'ilth, Black Cat, or wait a bit and see if I can pull Shang Chi. 62 votes

Chee'ilth (unduped)
48%
BayPirAteRockyshockyPikoluSuros_moonSkydad23ItsClobberinTimeThoye3o_oaltavistaLightsAnimeCLUEMANATTIJAYIRIOakenshieldCoach_G1ThePredator1001Thanos101010LickySiggManVxralAxew 30 votes
Black Cat (unduped)
35%
BigTuna_2054MasterduxGodrohrrcm2017Ayden_noah1Mother_Flerkenpeixemacacocaptain_rogersEwell65SSS69ahmynutsVedant_MehtaYodabolt21Sceptilemaniac2abamBanannaPandaacteyleneMightyDDarthMysticICanSeeUranusArmageddøn 22 votes
Wait a bit to see if I can pull Shang Chi
16%
Longshot_33sxlbstverliebtBeastDadCharlie21540Dangerx17SchnoodleTrongNovDarkStorm_2702Mrt9810Kingering_King 10 votes

Comments

• Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    There’s not a bad option here. Shang Chi is an incredible, versatile attacker and one of my favorites. Black Cat has arguably the best DAAR mechanic in the game, with extremely potent bleed damage as a secondary perk. Chee’ilth I do not know very well, as I don’t have her yet, but from alliance mates and others I hear that she is another incredible champion (and the best two-way champ on this list).

I would say it’s worth it to pull the trigger to become Valiant now, so don’t wait for Shang. But between Chee’ilth and Black Cat, I can’t say. No bad option for sure.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Black Cat (unduped)
    I am having a lotta fun with my black cat.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    Wicket329 said:

There’s not a bad option here. Shang Chi is an incredible, versatile attacker and one of my favorites. Black Cat has arguably the best DAAR mechanic in the game, with extremely potent bleed damage as a secondary perk. Chee’ilth I do not know very well, as I don’t have her yet, but from alliance mates and others I hear that she is another incredible champion (and the best two-way champ on this list).

I would say it’s worth it to pull the trigger to become Valiant now, so don’t wait for Shang. But between Chee’ilth and Black Cat, I can’t say. No bad option for sure.

Mantis could be the better 2 way champ.

OP did say he had every skill besides Shang. Not sure why he didnt bother to include her for that matter.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,041 ★★★★★
    Black Cat (unduped)
    Polygon said:

Wicket329 said:

OP did say he had every skill besides Shang. Not sure why he didnt bother to include her for that matter.
    Mantis a good defender? Maybe in some meta where she has 100% chance to immediately launch sp1 as soon as she gets a bar of power.

Cheelith is a better defender I guess.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,045 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Wicket329 said:

It’s usually not hard to prevent the AI from throwing an sp1. There are weird cases where the AI will throw it into a hard block, but those are few and far between.

Chee’ilth’s kit makes her a more potent defender than Mantis, in my opinion, because you can’t just alter your playstyle to neutralize her threat.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,428 ★★★★★
    Wait a bit to see if I can pull Shang Chi
    It paid off for me, so glad I waited. Shang Chi R2 is just nasty.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,225 ★★★★★
    Do it now.
    Shang is not worth the wait. R2 him when you get him.

Here's a push
    Cheel can be a defender inspite of being top attacker. Cat slays at r2.
    By r3ing cheeli girl you'll get a defender too.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,837 ★★★★★
    edited January 11

Do it now.
    Shang is not worth the wait. R2 him when you get him.

Here's a push
    Cheel can be a defender inspite of being top attacker. Cat slays at r2.
    By r3ing cheeli girl you'll get a defender too.

I agree that Black Cat slays already at r2 , would you do KM over her for r3? He’s probably the top defender in the 7* class, maybe the only one better would be Bullseye
  • Options
    RevileRevile Posts: 17
    Appreciate all the unique perspectives so far. There are so many considerations to make that I really hadn't thought about the fact that Shang Chi, Mantis, and Black Cat would all likely finish most opponents in a single sp2 at r2.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,971 ★★★★
    No need to wait for Shang Chi
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,319 ★★★★
    or get 7* Bullseye from Titan crystal.. he looks good
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,695 Guardian
    Chee'ilth (unduped)
    Chee'ilth is the only skill champion I would have taken to r3 over black cat
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,047 ★★★
    edited January 12
    Pikolu said:

Chee'ilth is the only skill champion I would have taken to r3 over black cat

I'm glad to hear good things about her. She's on the list of Titan champs I'd really like to get, and I have my generic 2-3 gem on standby til rotation. This 3 week wait is going to suck.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,381 ★★★★★
    edited January 12
    Chee'ilth (unduped)
    Chee good, dual threat
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,538 ★★★★★
    I'm in a similar boat.

Skill is bad, but I just pulled Shang chi. I don't have much else in skill except Elsa.
  • Options
    TheHercTheHerc Posts: 55
    Wicket329 said:

DAAR means?
  • Options
    edited January 12
    TheHerc said:

DAAR means?

Defensive Ability Accuracy Reduction. Black Cat's get's pretty crazy with the black widow relic.
  • Options

I'm in a similar boat.

Skill is bad, but I just pulled Shang chi. I don't have much else in skill except Elsa.

Did you take up Shang Chi? If so, how do you like him?