**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

F2P Paragon Speedrun Record Attempt

Comments

• Options
    Cantona59Cantona59 Posts: 164 ★★★
    Question for you guys.
    Do you think that cavalier in 24 hours is possible or no?
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

uncollected was possible for chewboom in 24 hours so you will have to push a lot more then he did
  • Options
    Warlockjr said:

Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

uncollected was possible for chewboom in 24 hours so you will have to push a lot more then he did
    Funnily enough reason I suggest this is I just came across that video and it made me think.
    It would be a hell of a grind but idk with some ok luck could be done.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 287
    Cantona59 said:

Warlockjr said:

Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

Funnily enough reason I suggest this is I just came across that video and it made me think.
    I mean… after all you just did, anything could be possible in mcoc for you😂
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Warlockjr said:

Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

Do it in 30 hours and Kabam will give you 1.5 units
    (not in thousands,just ones)
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

I don’t think it is mathematically impossible.
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

Question for you guys.

I don’t think it is mathematically impossible.
    Yeah I’m worried mostly about the time aspect of it not getting the champs for the content tbh.

Idk I’ll have a think about it, it might need a bit of a plan to see what’s the best route to have a chance.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,987 ★★★★★
    @Cantona59 What about a lol or aol speedrun?
  • Options

@Cantona59 What about a lol or aol speedrun?

As in starting from scratch and finishing when I beat a path?
    That could be quite fun, lol might be too easy ngl but aol could be challenging to beat.
  • Options
    Kingering_KingKingering_King Posts: 287
    @Cantona59 What a about a necropolis speedrun?
  • Options

@Cantona59 What a about a necropolis speedrun?

That could be a decent challenge but very time consuming.
    I would need paragon first, which is 9 days if u spend everything. But obviously I wouldn’t want to waste everything as I have to do necro after.
    Then I would need decent necro champs, relics, and a good stack of units/revives.
    It is possible but I would need to plan it well.
  • Options
    @Cantona59 you can always do these challenges on your main account, where you have enough ranked up champs and units.
  • Options

@Cantona59 you can always do these challenges on your main account, where you have enough ranked up champs and units.

Ahhh as in how fast could I do a necro path.
    I probably wouldn’t do that because the fastest way to do necro is well known to be aegon, and I don’t have a ranked 6 star.
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Ahhh as in how fast could I do a necro path.
    I probably wouldn’t do that because the fastest way to do necro is well known to be aegon, and I don’t have a ranked 6 star.
    I doubt that, Aegon takes time to ramp up, a lot of time nd prone to mistakes, so it is unlikely.
    I bet on kate cuz she has huge dot, nd possibly soli fights so reduce the loading time and all
  • Options
    Hmm yeah I think it is close between those two champs.
    Seatin did a path in less than 2hrs and that wasn’t too optimised, so with aegon I would expect around 1hr 40 for best (anyone feel free to correct me if they know otherwise).
    Kate would be more able to get solos but obviously it’s more time consuming for just letting the dot tick instead of doing like 50k+ per hit with aegon if u get hit to trigger furies
  • Options
    Hello again people!
    Apologies for kinda reviving my own finished post but I just ran into something interesting to share with you guys.
    So 2 weeks or so ago I started a new account (again I know), but this time it’s an account I just want to have fun on and continuous play for more than just say 2 weeks. I’m planning on it becoming my actual 2nd account that I play competitive war and bgs on in the future.
    Tonight I just completed 7.1, and like usual the completion offer pops up but I noticed a pretty big difference.

The offer now costs 3500 units. I looked back through my challenge and saw that it only cost 790 units literally 3 weeks ago, so was confused as to how it has increased by over 4 times the price.
    Just wanted to put it here as a little bit of info if anyone uses my thread to plan a challenge, but also wondering if I could get some extra info on this.
  • Options
    Wong_98Wong_98 Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Hello again people!
    Apologies for kinda reviving my own finished post but I just ran into something interesting to share with you guys.
    So 2 weeks or so ago I started a new account (again I know), but this time it’s an account I just want to have fun on and continuous play for more than just say 2 weeks. I’m planning on it becoming my actual 2nd account that I play competitive war and bgs on in the future.
    Tonight I just completed 7.1, and like usual the completion offer pops up but I noticed a pretty big difference.

The offer now costs 3500 units. I looked back through my challenge and saw that it only cost 790 units literally 3 weeks ago, so was confused as to how it has increased by over 4 times the price.
    Just wanted to put it here as a little bit of info if anyone uses my thread to plan a challenge, but also wondering if I could get some extra info on this.

That’s odd, idk why the price difference was so massive
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,176 ★★★★★
    They didn't want anyone to beat your speed run.
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Hello again people!

I suspect it is the 790 unit offer that was bugged somehow. When I go back to my initial 7.1 completion, this is what the offer looked like to me back in 2021:

My 7.2 and 7.3 completion offers were also 3500 units. Not sure why you saw 790 units. Maybe it has something to do with the speed run somehow borking the offer costs.

I can't find 8.1, but my 8.2 offer was 7500 units and my 8.3 offer was 12000 units. Perhaps those offers will decrease in cost over time, and maybe the 7.1 pack was errantly reduced in cost when it should not have been and was bumped back up when this was noticed. Or maybe its cost was supposed to drop and it incorrectly got bounced back up again. I've placed an inquiry to see what's up with that.
  • Options
    Yeah I’m not really sure why it randomly spiked up again, as I thought the deals would all lower in units the further the game progresses (eg 7.4 deal lowers in cost when 8.4 releases).
    Just as a bit more info, the act 6 deals were all still around 1k, which is the reduced cost. I’ll probably clear 7.2 in the next few days and I’ll report back whether that has the reduced cost or not.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    Cantona59 said:

Hello again people!

It cost the same amount of units when I did it in April 2023.
  • Options
    edited January 26

Cantona59 said:

Hello again people!

Ok, how do you guys do links? I know HTML, I do [starting bracket]a href=“[website url]”>[Text I want to appear]</a[ending bracket], and the yellow text shows up, but it says that the link is invalid every time that I do it and try to click on it
  • Options
    Cantona59 said:

Yeah I’m not really sure why it randomly spiked up again, as I thought the deals would all lower in units the further the game progresses (eg 7.4 deal lowers in cost when 8.4 releases).
    Just as a bit more info, the act 6 deals were all still around 1k, which is the reduced cost. I’ll probably clear 7.2 in the next few days and I’ll report back whether that has the reduced cost or not.

Question: what progression tier was that new account when you completed 7.1? Was it the same tier as when you completed 7.1 during the speed run?
  • Options
    DNA3000 said:

Cantona59 said:

Question: what progression tier was that new account when you completed 7.1? Was it the same tier as when you completed 7.1 during the speed run?
    Ah it actually wasn’t.
    I was only cavalier on the Speedrun account, but I was thronebreaker today already.
  • Options
    winterthurwinterthur Posts: 7,796 ★★★★★
    @Wong_98 said:

Cantona59 said:

Hello again people!

Ok, how do you guys do links? I know HTML, I do [starting bracket]a href=“[website url]”>[Text I want to appear]
    Your own post

• Options
    edited January 26
    Ok, I’ll try
    Edit: this is what happens:
    When I do this:
  • Options
    Wong_98 said:
    Your initial try above worked (said Google and link was to this same post here).
    But then your Edited revision to same comment no longer worked afterwards.

But anyways, only need to do that if you want to be cute and have an embedded link within a sentence where you want to just have a word there for the actual link.

Easiest to just copy/paste the link right into your comment. Yes, it appears full blown link website address as you’re seeing it here, but definitely simplest.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356411/f2p-paragon-speedrun-record-attempt/p5
  • Options

Wong_98 said:
    Your initial try above worked (said Google and link was to this same post here).
    But then your Edited revision to same comment no longer worked afterwards.

But anyways, only need to do that if you want to be cute and have an embedded link within a sentence where you want to just have a word there for the actual link.

Easiest to just copy/paste the link right into your comment. Yes, it appears full blown link website address as you’re seeing it here, but definitely simplest.

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/356411/f2p-paragon-speedrun-record-attempt/p5
    I know that I don’t need to be able to do it, it just irritates me that I can’t do it even though I’ve been using html for idk how long now
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    edited January 26
    @Wong_98
    Figured it out.
    Was testing some, and even though I had one spelled exactly same as copy from earlier example from Winterthur, it didn’t work.

Instead go to “chain link” looking icon, couple spots to left of icon used to insert a picture here (ie, over to right many spots from Bold/Italic, etc)
    Drop down that, enter (copy/paste) the URL link address you want.

That inserts it here.
    And then you can edit the DISPLAY Text portion of the hyperlink (the 2nd portion which at first is identical web link as first part of it), to be a short description instead of displaying the full web link.

For some reason, selecting that Link icon encodes it as hypertext (or link), even though it just appears to be plain encoded text as your editing rest of your comment.
    Evidently can’t just type it in from scratch and get it to “become” hyperlink.
  • Options

@Wong_98
    Figured it out.
    Was testing some, and even though I had one spelled exactly same as copy from earlier example from Winterthur, it didn’t work.

Instead go to “chain link” looking icon, couple spots to left of icon used to insert a picture here (ie, over to right many spots from Bold/Italic, etc)
    Drop down that, enter (copy/paste) the link address you want.

That inserts it here.
    And then you can edit the DISPLAY Text portion of the hyperlink (the 2nd portion which at first is identical web link as first part of it), to be a short description instead of displaying the full web link.

For some reason, selecting that Link icon encodes it as hypertext (or link), even though it just appears to be plain encoded text as your editing rest of your comment.
    Evidently can’t just type it in from scratch and get it to “become” hyperlink.

Ok, thank you so much