**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I want to cry and scream so bad… should I just give up?? (Necropolis)

13»

Comments

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,052 ★★★★

Alright did the last few fights before GM:

Dragonman: 5

Cap: 5

Nova: 8

Cap pissed me off because I kept forgetting about the Kinetic which meant he would bypass my Unstoppable and I'd take a combo and die. Nova was a jerk because he just wasn't playing right, his moves were erratic and I'd get clipped more times than I'd like to admit.

GRANDMASTER TIME!!!

Question: I've heard some people say "Just Ægon it!" But what does that *really* mean in this instance? I've fought the Grandmaster before - obviously, not the Nameless Grandmaster, but I'm familiar with the concepts and the prompts. Are people saying with Ægon I can seriously just *ignore* all of that until the last phase???

Or should I take it slow and read about all of the phases and watch people's video's and try to play it that way.

Two options.

1. Read up on the mechanics and try to get him into his wounded state.

2. Mash him with Aegon. Just keep hitting and ignore the prompts. He will reach his sp3 quickly this way and insta kill you, maybe a lot. Some runs doing this though I got up to 35 of the red tokens of blunder before he fired an sp3 and took off a lot of damage first.
    I know there's an ideal order for how you should attack him to get the various prompts banned but none of the like 10 videos I've watched have actually talked about that so I'm a little annoyed and exhausted lol.

Does anyone have a recommended order? Or should I just go in guns ablazing and likely screw up a ton.
  • Options
    Ughhhhh I thought they fixed the bloody Grandmaster?!?!?

Prompts still aren't displaying and so I keep getting "challenge failed"

I got him down to Phase 2 easily with no revives and now I've used 3 still in Phase 2. I know there was a relic issue but I heard not to use Black Panther or vibranium strikes or whatever so I used Black Widow. How is this STILL an issue??
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★

Cap pissed me off because I kept forgetting about the Kinetic which meant he would bypass my Unstoppable and I'd take a combo and die. Nova was a jerk because he just wasn't playing right, his moves were erratic and I'd get clipped more times than I'd like to admit.

GRANDMASTER TIME!!!

Question: I've heard some people say "Just Ægon it!" But what does that *really* mean in this instance? I've fought the Grandmaster before - obviously, not the Nameless Grandmaster, but I'm familiar with the concepts and the prompts. Are people saying with Ægon I can seriously just *ignore* all of that until the last phase???

Or should I take it slow and read about all of the phases and watch people's video's and try to play it that way.

@Usagicassidy Congrats on your continued progress.

I have been using Aegon on my first 5 Necro Grandmaster KOs and will be using him for my final one.

I strike a balance between wanting him down fast and not wanting to be stupid with revives, so what I’ve been doing is getting to wounded phases in the Phase 1 (pretty straightforward - you need to parry, knock down, light attack, and dex until each of those is banned. Once all 4 are banned he’ll get to an SP1 then you need to do the usual 3 instruction sp1 attacks (block, dex, or attack) to get to the wounded phase. The challenge is that the prompts tend to disappear immediately, but since you have just done the action it is pretty clear which has been banned.

For phase 2 I don’t bother and just pound the **** out of him until he gets to SP3. Since the prompts aren’t’ working terribly well generally you don’t see his commands. If you do, great and you might get a wounded.

For Phase 3 I just Aegon smash him, and since it is constantly reverse controls it isn’t that bad.

Phase 4 Juggs obviously. I usually keep Aegon alive long enough to get the intercept and SP1 requirement done with him, then Juggs for SP2 and SP3.

Hope this helps.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,983 ★★★★★

Congrats fam! We did it!!! Thanks for everyone’s support and tips and cheering me on!

Mystic was, of course, the one I didn’t really want, which is funny cause the majority of my 7*s are Mystic but none at all would I take to R3 as my ONLY R3 besides maybe America if I dupe her.

For the two class selector crystals… need some tips or recommendations. Should I wait for any new juicy champions to be added to the basic pool? Who’s the next batch that gets added and when?

Here’s my current 7*s. No one I really love yet so if there’s a class of champs you think I should go for let me know!

Next batch is in February and will be Dani, Hyp, Crossbones, Kindred, Lady D and Silk.
  • Options
    rcm2017rcm2017 Posts: 575 ★★★
    Congrats!!! Even I got 2-3 mystic and took chavez to r3 unduped, shes amazing.
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116
    edited January 13

GRANDMASTER TIME!!!

It’s easier to just punch the grandmaster in the face. Be aggressive and ignore all the props until stage four. Push him against the wall until he hits a special three, revive, repeat. You will burn through revives, but it will be quick.
  • Options
    edited January 13
    Congrats! AC to R3 is a no brainer, even without the dup.
  • Options

Congrats fam! We did it!!! Thanks for everyone’s support and tips and cheering me on!

Mystic was, of course, the one I didn’t really want, which is funny cause the majority of my 7*s are Mystic but none at all would I take to R3 as my ONLY R3 besides maybe America if I dupe her.

For the two class selector crystals… need some tips or recommendations. Should I wait for any new juicy champions to be added to the basic pool? Who’s the next batch that gets added and when?

Here’s my current 7*s. No one I really love yet so if there’s a class of champs you think I should go for let me know!

Also, given your roster, I would recommend 2 science or 1 science and 1 mutant. Generally think Science is the best current in the basic pool, and you are light on them as well as Mutants. You could wait until Feb as Silk enters, but Dani does also so not sure it is worth the wait.
  • Options

Also, given your roster, I would recommend 2 science or 1 science and 1 mutant. Generally think Science is the best current in the basic pool, and you are light on them as well as Mutants. You could wait until Feb as Silk enters, but Dani does also so not sure it is worth the wait.

For the time being I love my 6* Silk so I think that’s a good idea! I’ve heard Science is really good - and yes I’m very much lacking on Mutants.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★
    edited January 13
    You could always have taken the two class crystals as mystic and see who you get.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,999 ★★★★★

If I were you, I would've ranked up that mojo even unduped, his dupe is not needed for bgs and he is still a monster.
  • Options

If I were you, I would've ranked up that mojo even unduped, his dupe is not needed for bgs and he is still a monster.
    None of my 7*s at all are above a Rank 1 yet because I just don't have those materials. And I only have one 6 star R5 lol. Slow and steady I guess.

You could always have taken the two class crystals as mystic and see who you get.

I feel like I want my 7*s to be way more balanced and I just have too many Mystics right now. I have only one Mutant and one Cosmic.
  • Options

None of my 7*s at all are above a Rank 1 yet because I just don't have those materials. And I only have one 6 star R5 lol. Slow and steady I guess.

I feel like I want my 7*s to be way more balanced and I just have too many Mystics right now. I have only one Mutant and one Cosmic.
    Haha right
    Also regarding balance, I got 19 7*s but no tech champ yet, so it all depends on rng.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 168 ★★
    This is, mark my words, going to be one of the greatest comeback thread ever. You got this man, keep going 💪🏻
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    Congrats!!! Awesome job!!!
  • Options
    YagaYaga Posts: 30

Congrats buddy!!! I'm so jelly of that Mystic gem because I wanted one for my Diablo. AC to R3 is a pretty easy choice for you.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    Congrats on getting it done!
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,183 ★★★★
    Congrats and AC is worthy of rank 3, but since it's not for the Valiant title, you can save it for someone you like more. Now time to wait till after January 15th to receive more rewards.
  • Options

So what was the final count?
    Just trying to decide if i have to congratulate you or tell you that you are dead to me ..

For Those That were curious about my final count…

Titania: 12

Aarkus: 18

Omega: 5

Air-Walker: 6

Betsy: 7

Wiccan: 4

Psycho: 4

Canadian: 3

Valk: 5

Russian: 2

Cap Falcon: 3

Grandmaster: 6

So my grand total is: 93

All done with my 6* rank 4 Ægon. That was a lot of fun and I used less resources than I imagined I would but I’m definitely in no rush to try it again. I can’t imagine how tough it’s going to be without a surplus of revives.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    Congrats @Usagicassidy 🥳
    Go for Mystic class 7* crystals to match your 2-3 gem and increase your odds of pulling a new good champ, or dupe your existing Chavez.
    To be honest, she is a great r3 option even unduped 🙂
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★

Just trying to decide if i have to congratulate you or tell you that you are dead to me ..

All done with my 6* rank 4 Ægon. That was a lot of fun and I used less resources than I imagined I would but I’m definitely in no rush to try it again. I can’t imagine how tough it’s going to be without a surplus of revives.
    Only 93? @BringPopcorn dead meat. We must find another apprentice. Within this day.

Don't worry you did better than me, only used 25 revives for the path. So your contribution is appreciated.

Also congrats. From quiting out to going in again and getting it done in less revives than the first few fights. This is also why I prefer kate over aegon in this scenario
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 902 ★★★
    Well done mate! You did much better than me and I tried to read his prompts to get him wounded.
    If KT1 got a rank 3 Chavez, I will think that is a safe bet too.
    Now take a break or try to use up the excess revives/potions on the Deathless challenges before they expire.
  • Options
    edited January 14

Only 93? @BringPopcorn dead meat. We must find another apprentice. Within this day.

Don't worry you did better than me, only used 25 revives for the path. So your contribution is appreciated.

Also congrats. From quiting out to going in again and getting it done in less revives than the first few fights. This is also why I prefer kate over aegon in this scenario
    Wierdest flex ever ☠️

Edit : Anyways how you managed to get it done in 25 revs?Used kamala?
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★
    edited January 14

Wierdest flex ever ☠️

Edit : Anyways how you managed to get it done in 25 revs?Used kamala?
    Didnt try to flex. Just telling him he did a better job than me for crypt rewards. And it was a r4 kate and r2 shuri. Which is why I said i prefer these 2 than aegon as they are cheaper but dont contribute much to crypt.

If kabam decides to do a secret title for Kamala with animated profile pic. I will prepare and do a live kamala run.

(Didn't know of crypt rewards till after my run.)
  • Options
    TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Posts: 101
    Great job! I stopped counting my revives during the Captain Britain fight bc I was getting too depressed and frustrated. But for sure your 93 deaths were far fewer than what I ended up with. Still hoping for an Aegon (I’ll likely pull him of course once I’ve fully explored this mess).

I’d take that America Chavez to R3 unduped in a heartbeat. Mine is R2 and wrecks. I was hoping for the Mystic gem for her but got cosmic instead. Used it for my Venom though so wasn’t too bad (he is still my only Cosmic 7* out of the 23 7* champs I own!).

Congrats and enjoy your break now!
  • Options
    edited January 15
    SammyDe said:

Well done mate! You did much better than me and I tried to read his prompts to get him wounded.
    If KT1 got a rank 3 Chavez, I will think that is a safe bet too.
    Now take a break or try to use up the excess revives/potions on the Deathless challenges before they expire.

Actually, I had only done a little bit of 8.2 up until this point. So in the time since beating Necropolis I blasted through 8.2 in two days and now I'm gonna do 8.3 and then if 8.3 isn't too bad focus on an Exploration there because of fewer paths and better rewards.

I gotta say... If I can toot my own horn for a second, I'm very pleased with my run but especially my Air-Walker fight. The whole time leading up to my actual attempt I was so worried, and considered brining Doom in at people's recommendations - but I'm not very good at the Doom cycle so I thought, I'll just try it with Ægon. Did it in 6 revives and felt no more difficult than any of the other fights.