**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Is this the toughest R3 Decision?

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★
Priority is BGs and War

I heard that Titania handles a ton more matches than Hulk does, even Champs you wouldn't think she'd work on. But Chavez is Chavez. So I'm mainly thinking one of these 2.

My issue is that if 8.4 gives us a class gem and I get mystic, then I would be kinda screwed if I did chavez now. Because then I'd have 2 mystic r3s, whereas even if I did a science and got one from act 8, it wouldn't be as bad having 2 science since the class is just so stacked.

Of course this does not apply if the gem given is a generic. So one thing I could do is wait to see what the actual act 8 exploration rewards are?

How much in advance to releasing story do they typically post rewards?

Is this the toughest R3 Decision? 138 votes

Titania
29%
Il_CuocoManup456ShaggyMNescioSungjDarkrider05yuwCyborg17DeNeDieSuros_moonZuroedriccaptain_rogersPowerofpain1001RebarkLegionnaireItsClobberinTimeAomine_Daiki10Batman1234Sparx265 41 votes
Hulk
28%
CdvaSpity68BigTuna_2054FrankWhiteMqc19roldanGodrohrCupidScopeotoe987TheAngryOneAleorJustcause102Laksh1995OGAvengerpeixemacacoRenaxqqOYCBeastDadCharlie21540DawsMan 40 votes
Silk
22%
DrZolabenshbMasterduxSyndicatedljballer22PikoluRockypantherxSuxy88VbnmeEwell65SSS69RZSBen_15455ChrisRM936HAVOC6INC_6JAYIRIsherin_66willrun4adonutFrostGiantLordRealWizardchazGamer5483 31 votes
Chavez
18%
bhuv9191zuffyRagnarok13KaspYTBlackPhoenix44DonnymeijHilldarOpandemonioIvarTheBonelessjcphillips7Disthene_TOmedennThe_Doctor_24_1ser_ArthurOakenshieldSceptilemaniac2Coach_G1mattyben27Lickymbgibson 26 votes

Comments

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    Silk
    Are any of these duped? I’d do Titania over hulk if she was duped. Can’t go wrong with Silk or Chavez either because they’re both insane (especially with the dupe). This is a pretty tough decision. At the end of the day, I’d just go for the one you love most

For me, that would be silk
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,151 ★★★★★
    Chavez
    I have an R3 Chavez in main account and R3 hulk in alt account. Both has an R2 Titania. I find myself enjoying and using Chavez the most. Fwiw, I am in tier 3 but play casual 1BG wars.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    Chavez
    I’m a bit biased as a use my r3 Chavez a ton.

Also, what are y’all’s opinion on Titania as a r3 unduped? It was between her and Hulk from my Necro selector, but I chose her as I feel she’s more useful.

She’s currently r2 right now, but would any of you take her to r3 unduped? I’m waiting until Titan rotates, as I’ll have 2 to open, and that will decide my 2-3 gem. There’s a couple I might would take up from there, including Wolf or Vox if I could awaken them. Reason I’m waiting on Titania, but she seems like a logical choice.
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    Silk

I’m a bit biased as a use my r3 Chavez a ton.

Also, what are y’all’s opinion on Titania as a r3 unduped? It was between her and Hulk from my Necro selector, but I chose her as I feel she’s more useful.

She’s currently r2 right now, but would any of you take her to r3 unduped? I’m waiting until Titan rotates, as I’ll have 2 to open, and that will decide my 2-3 gem. There’s a couple I might would take up from there, including Wolf or Vox if I could awaken them. Reason I’m waiting on Titania, but she seems like a logical choice.

Titania is still great unduped, but she gets to another level with the dupe. The extra debuffs do so much for her and the fury potency is a nice bonus
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Silk
    Have all but Hulk. Silk awakened R2, Chavez R2 and Titania R1. Play style and fluidity of Silk’s kit makes her a gratifying attacker.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,695 ★★★★
    Chavez
    You can’t go wrong with any of them, but Chavez is the biggest dual threat. If you don’t care about that then I would choose Silk. And I love my R2 Titania to be clear - but she does hit another level when she is awakened. Mine is now sig 80 and she really is getting pretty crazy. Silk’s slow when awakened is nice but not critical.
  • Options
    SuperSam568SuperSam568 Posts: 35
    Titania
    Titania.

No buffs.

Hits like a truck.

Easy to play.

Win win win
  • Options
    MarvelNoobMarvelNoob Posts: 901 ★★★★
    Titania
    I love my r3 titania, after sp3 pretty much anything dies. She's almost always banned but does bgs fight in 30-40 seconds every time
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116
    I wish I had your problem Bub. I have a cosmic r3 gem and mid cosmic champs. I don’t really have any other champs that are r2 worthy so I will have to wait for decent champs to come along eventually. Meanwhile, I have a lot of seven stars that I would never rank up at six stars.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,386 ★★★★★
    Hulk

I did this today . Go for it.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Silk is one of the quickest and safest options. She is also a beast in Raids if you're interested in that.

That evade as a safety mechanic works so elegantly for those champs with annoyingly long and hard to evade specials
  • Options
    Cyborg17Cyborg17 Posts: 115
    Titania
    What else.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,998 ★★★★★
    Titania
    Can anyone explain why Titania is better than silk?
    I know she's better than hulk because her damage is consistent and haymaker, but sill as consistent damage and special evade too right?

What makes you vote for titania over silk? I'm curious. I personally love Titania cuz I can tank sp3s use haymaker.
  • Options

I know she's better than hulk because her damage is consistent and haymaker, but sill as consistent damage and special evade too right?

What makes you vote for titania over silk? I'm curious. I personally love Titania cuz I can tank sp3s use haymaker.

I would like to know this as well.

Silks special evade means you don't even have to tank special 3's as you get free evades, plus her damage is nutty.

With Titania you special 3 and heavy spam in the corner, But what if the enemy activates a special during this time? You can bait their special beforehand but in BGs that takes times, and even if you bait , the above will still push them to an sp1.

Based on this, one can argue that Silk is less AI Reliant than Titania, no?

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,998 ★★★★★
    Titania
    Polygon said:

Silks special evade means you don't even have to tank special 3's as you get free evades, plus her damage is nutty.

With Titania you special 3 and heavy spam in the corner, But what if the enemy activates a special during this time? You can bait their special beforehand but in BGs that takes times, and even if you bait , the above will still push them to an sp1.

Also for silk and hulk, they rely on having their debuffs on the opponent, on the other hand, titania relies on just applying them. So titania works on purifying skill champs like kingpin and attuma, + Her haymaker is great against damage reflecting champs like terrax + She even has stagger to deal with some annoying cosmics.
    Also she is even tankier than hulk.
  • Options
    Chavez
    Polygon said:

Well with Titania if they quickly throw an SP3 while you have them backed into the corner you are invulnerable, so it isn’t a problem. Also, the debuffs that are on them while you are hitting them in the corner reduce the likelihood that they will throw a special or do anything other than get hit by your heavies. This is even more the case when you can heavy cancel after one hit into your SP3 (which is what you should do if you are playing Titania properly).
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 455 ★★★
    Silk
    Do you have a duped og spider? Mines r3 and I’m loving him... just something to consider lol
  • Options

Polygon said:

Well with Titania if they quickly throw an SP3 while you have them backed into the corner you are invulnerable, so it isn’t a problem. Also, the debuffs that are on them while you are hitting them in the corner reduce the likelihood that they will throw a special or do anything other than get hit by your heavies. This is even more the case when you can heavy cancel after one hit into your SP3 (which is what you should do if you are playing Titania properly).
    Thats good to know that for most of the time you can heavy spam.

@captain_rogers had me thinking though when he asked why people voted for Titania over Silk

Before she was a 7 star no one even ranked Titania, and while it’s true that some champs shined as a 7 star, Silk was shining even as a 6 star, so by that logic , won’t she be drastically better as a 7 star?

Personally I think one of the reasons is cause more people have Titania whereas Silk has been in the Titan but as more people get her, the favorite could change
  • Options
    edited January 14
    Chavez
    @Polygon my original reco to you was to do Chavez as she is a dual threat in BGs. If you don’t do her due to your concern about the 8.4 class gem and instead focus on Science (which is valid - I might do one my science 7*s for the same reason) then I recommended Silk over Titania as I think Silk’s awakened ability is a nice to have vs Titanias which does get her to another level.

I haven’t changed my POV on the order (Chavez, Silk, then Titania) but I did want to answer your questions on Titania just so you understand why she is so good.
  • Options
    Potatoslice500Potatoslice500 Posts: 224
    Hulk
    Seems easy to me. Hulk all day.
  • Options

@Polygon my original reco to you was to do Chavez as she is a dual threat in BGs. If you don’t do her due to your concern about the 8.4 class gem and instead focus on Science (which is valid - I might do one my science 7*s for the same reason) then I recommended Silk over Titania as I think Silk’s awakened ability is a nice to have vs Titanias which does get her to another level.

I haven’t changed my POV on the order (Chavez, Silk, then Titania) but I did want to answer your questions on Titania just so you understand why she is so good.

Just to clarify when you mention despite Titanias dupe taking her to a new level over Silks just being a nice to have, that youd still take Silk to r3 over her because she could use/benefit the r3 more than Titania? (Since titania at r2 could be enough to just heavy spam and get them down).

Another possible benefit in BGs with picking Silk is its less likely for Titania to get banned, allowing you use her for those unorthodox hard defender matchups.
  • Options
    Chavez
    @Polygon this is assuming your Titania is not duped (and forgive me if she is - there have been a lot of threads like this recently asking about similar champs), then yes I’d go Chavez, Silk, then Titania - or Silk then Titania if you want to prioritize a Science champ. If your Titania is duped then I think it is a tougher call. I’d probably R3 an awakened Titania ahead of an unawakened Silk despite a slight personal preference to Silk’s gameplay. I will say I haven’t looked at their stats to see if one benefits from R3 more than the other, but given how crazy my 6* R4 Silk is I have to imagine even an R2 Silk would be nuts.

WRT who would get banned more I can’t tell you. For me my Titania was getting banned more, but that was because she was an R2 7* awakened and my Silk was just a 6* R4. Even then my Silk got banned part of the time so I’m guessing she might get banned more as a 7* vs Titania, but that’s a total guess.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Silk
    I'd go with Silk. Insane damage and easy rotation make her a great option for r3