Options

Do you guys want Kabam DLL to design the next Summoner’s choice champion?

EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,549 ★★★★
If you don’t know who DLL (DaddyLongLegs) is, he was the designer of four 2023 champions. Kate Bishop, Absorbing Man, Photon and Kushala. These champs (in my opinion), are perfectly designed with very few flaws to their kits. Since he did so well on these, do you want him to design the 2024 Summoner’s choice?

Comments

• Options
    Giantwalrus56Giantwalrus56 Posts: 694 ★★★
    ahmynuts said:

Bring back Broccoli for one more go so he can drop another nuke on the game and then leave while everything is on fire

Considering there's still rumors of his biggest nuke still getting one, I would guess the rebalance program would have some work to do...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,372 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Bring back Broccoli for one more go so he can drop another nuke on the game and then leave while everything is on fire

Considering there's still rumors of his biggest nuke still getting one, I would guess the rebalance program would have some work to do...
    The #nerfHerc agenda has been stirring behind the scenes for a long time, and even some players have come around to it. Even if it does happen he sure as hell left his mark on the game with Hercules lol
    It’s a weird effect though, as I find myself using Herc less and less now for general usage. He’s still in my BGs deck, but I usually end up drafting someone else, and even on quests, I’ve quite enjoyed testing out Maestro or Vox or Adam a bit more than Herc now (as far as Cosmics go), and some of my r2 7* or other ascended champs I just generally use more.

He definitely left his mark, but I know I’m not the first higher tier player that shares the sentiment of having grown tired with Herc. Still useful? Absolutely. As prominent? Not really. But for a large number of up and coming players, I still feel like he’s the #1 threat on Kabam’s radar and the epitome of broken.
    I agree with you. I really only bring Herc around as a last resort safety net because i never read the EQ boss nodes lol and for incursions runs. That's about it. Occasionally I'll draft him in bgs but he's never my first option
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,193 ★★★★★

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

The #nerfHerc agenda has been stirring behind the scenes for a long time, and even some players have come around to it. Even if it does happen he sure as hell left his mark on the game with Hercules lol
    It’s a weird effect though, as I find myself using Herc less and less now for general usage. He’s still in my BGs deck, but I usually end up drafting someone else, and even on quests, I’ve quite enjoyed testing out Maestro or Vox or Adam a bit more than Herc now (as far as Cosmics go), and some of my r2 7* or other ascended champs I just generally use more.

He definitely left his mark, but I know I’m not the first higher tier player that shares the sentiment of having grown tired with Herc. Still useful? Absolutely. As prominent? Not really. But for a large number of up and coming players, I still feel like he’s the #1 threat on Kabam’s radar and the epitome of broken.
    But this is mainly because Kabam have been slowly turning the screw on Herc's usefulness. Same thing that was done with quake, magik (by limiting their star availability), blade (by limiting vulnerable champs) and Corvus (by limting cheat death mechanics especially in AQ).

They won't have to ever nerf him, just keep tuning key content like necropolis which makes him less appealing to use as they shift metas.

I guarantee no one would be getting tired of Herc if he was the best solution to necropolis exploration or BGs.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,549 ★★★★
    edited January 15
    \

Herc won't get nerfed, he will be aged out, just like Quake.

Blade and Corvus as well (though they are still quite good)
  • Options
    JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Posts: 957 ★★★★

Herc won't get nerfed, he will be aged out, just like Quake.

He already was a direct node counter in necro, only the beginning
  • Options
    Genie4pfGenie4pf Posts: 53
    EdisonLaw said:

If you don’t know who DLL (DaddyLongLegs) is, he was the designer of four 2023 champions. Kate Bishop, Absorbing Man, Photon and Kushala. These champs (in my opinion), are perfectly designed with very few flaws to their kits. Since he did so well on these, do you want him to design the 2024 Summoner’s choice?

EdisonLaw said:

Didn’t he design gladiator?
  • Options
    MordMord Posts: 118 ★★
    Genie4pf said:

EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Didn’t he design gladiator?
    He did not.

It would be great to have DLL take care of it, but there are other very good designers and to be fair even Broccoli had his flops. There are no guarantees.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,832 ★★★★
    Yeah i heard he has started working on Blob
  • Options
    I know DLL is more public than a lot of the Champion Designers, but pretty much all of them have put out bangers.

Whoever the next Summoners Choice is, they're in good hands.

And if it becomes another Gladiator situation, that is why the rebalance program exists.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,390 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Well ofcourse. We do Need more photon tier Defenders. Ofcourse ofcourse

Who needs willpower, Dex, parry, attack, defense etc right? Right?