Potential Delay to v44.1 Launch

We are currently working through some issues that may affect the release window of v44.1. This means that the update may not release on Monday as it usually does. We are working to resolve the issue holding us up as quickly as possible, but will keep you all updated, especially if the delay results in any changes to the content release schedule.
Options

Who do you prioritise for 6* Ascension?

PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,481 ★★★★
Depending on what content you do, the T2 dust is coming through reasonably well, I'm curious how people here priotise who they ascend from their 6* champs (5* is of course a different story)?

I know Hercules is probably an easy first choice, plus maybe whomever you use for content like Necropolis (Aegon, etc) but after that...?

I suppose if you have 1-2 champions you use a lot then they're probably good choices, maybe champs who aren't available as a 7*, or maybe champs who suffer from slightly weaker stats and would benefit from the boost?

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,082 ★★★★★
    I started with guys that I use a lot, EQ/SQ and Necro. Now focusing on champs I don’t expect to be available as a 7* soon and have at high sig.
  • Options
    OakenshieldOakenshield Posts: 1,744 ★★★★
    edited January 15
    Outside of Aegon for Necropolis, I’ve primarily been ascending champs that I’m certain we aren’t going to see as a 7* any time soon, and that are useful for BGs. I don’t see the ascension on 6*’s being particularly needed for story content generally since even an R5 is frankly overkill for most things.

From a 5* standpoint I’ve been ascending champs that aren’t coming as a 6* (so Magic) or champs with Niche/Cheese uses such as Ronan and Namor or champs that I don’t like that much and don’t want to max sig as a 6* but want to have around at a viable level in case of emergency (Ghost).
  • Options
    PantherusNZPantherusNZ Posts: 1,481 ★★★★

I started with guys that I use a lot, EQ/SQ and Necro. Now focusing on champs I don’t expect to be available as a 7* soon and have at high sig.

How do you know who's not likely to be a 7*?
  • Options
    AleorAleor Posts: 3,062 ★★★★★
    I have herc, champs I've used for necr (aegon, torch, doom). Now I plan to go with champs who need max sig or whom I use a lot (latest was abs for aw defense, next one will probably be Nick, then hulking, valc, nimrod, ronan, namor, knull, maybe thing or Korg in no particular order)
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 4,082 ★★★★★

How do you know who's not likely to be a 7*?
    Personal theorizing lol
  • Options
    ArmageddønArmageddøn Posts: 641 ★★★
    Whoever you're thinking of taking to R5 in future is worth ascending.
    It can either be your fav champ or just one of the best in their respective class.
  • Options
    Ragnarok13Ragnarok13 Posts: 48
    All my R5s which aren’t many
  • Options
    For me is Magneto because without ascension his health is very low but he is very op.
  • Options
    GreekhitGreekhit Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I ascend champions that I consider to be the strongest in the game, and they won't come or they will take very long to join the 7* pool.
    Hercules, Doom, Archangel, Aegon, Nick Fury, Nimrod and Scorpion are my ascended 6* r5s so far.
    Waiting for the Crypt rewards to ascend Absorbing Man and Apocalypse or Kitty Pride.
    As others have said, very strong champs that also need/benefit from high/max sig are the best candidates for ascension 🙂
  • Options
    Wolf911Wolf911 Posts: 157
    I am using ascension as pseudo r5 gem

I ascended rank 5 herc kitty abs who won't be 7* soon

My other ascensions are rank 4 Kate and scorpion

Next one on the list is rank 4 FAM then tigra or fury then kingpin
  • Options
    TyEdgeTyEdge Posts: 2,965 ★★★★★
    Best champs go first, so long as they aren’t 7-stars. Consider champs who have things that scale with base attack only - omega red, Galan etc because that’s the only way to continue to boost those abilities.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,410 ★★★★★
    I ascend champs who:
    1. I know for a fact will be in my deck every single BGs season either because they're dual threat or top attacker or defender and work on nearly every meta (except Zemo, that one was just for Necropolis and because I like Zemo's interactions with nodes a lot lol)
    2. They're too op to be 7* and it'll probably take a year or more before they're released as 7*

Yeah, I'm probably part of the 5% who will never ascend Herc, don't really care about him. I'll ascend Hulkling Galan and Adam first, maybe then I'll ascend him.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,054 ★★★
    Greekhit said:

I ascend champions that I consider to be the strongest in the game, and they won't come or they will take very long to join the 7* pool.
    Hercules, Doom, Archangel, Aegon, Nick Fury, Nimrod and Scorpion are my ascended 6* r5s so far.
    Waiting for the Crypt rewards to ascend Absorbing Man and Apocalypse or Kitty Pride.
    As others have said, very strong champs that also need/benefit from high/max sig are the best candidates for ascension 🙂

I'm now considering ascending my AA. My original plan was to do FAM and then either hold my remaining 200, or R5 Nick and ascend him. Then my buddy advised me to hold on FAM instead, as his reasoning was "he does what he does perfectly fine at R5, and most only ascend him for AW defense." So, I COULD do AA and that whole plan with Nick Fury. We'll see.

I'll have to play around with options in the next couple of days.
  • Options
    THE_COLLECT0RTHE_COLLECT0R Posts: 41
    Champs that need high sigs (aegon and similar champs), champs that won’t be 7*’s for a while(Herc), trophy champs (I did maestro and J Jones), and champs that you like!!
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,782 ★★★★★
    I ascended Aegon for Necropolis but beyond that, I mainly have a BG focus.

* Kate (r5)
    * Hulkling (r5)
    * Black Cat (r5)
    * Future Ant-Man (r5)
    * Absorbing Man (r4)
    * Archangel (r4)

All of these are either superb BG defenders or attackers (or both). Since that's the only real competitive stuff I do (my alliance isn't really pushing AW super hard), that's where my resources go.
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    My first ascension was my favorite champ (Kindred). After that I stick with champs with a champ from each class that have a fair amount of defensive potential (Jessica Jones, Maestro, Weapon X, Future Antman, and Nick Fury). FAM, NF, JJ, and WX are also fun to play offensively and do well.

My plan for my next ascensions will tend more towards great attackers (still with some defensive ability), still one of each class, that I use often. Scorpion, Absorbing man, Onslaught, Nimrod, Kingpin, and Hulking are my thoughts currently, in no particular order.

• Options
    ege999menege999men Posts: 291 ★★
    Considering how plentiful of a resource dust is I don't really put much thought into it, I ascended my abs today because I was gonna use him in war. I'm overcapping my stash anyways
  • Options
    AvnishAvnish Posts: 311 ★★
    Obviously those champion are worth ascention. Who are not 7* pool and those champion kabam is not gonna add in 7* any time soon..
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,151 ★★★★★
    Ascend top 6* who won't be released as 7*s.
    My current ancesions are doom, kingpin, FAM, kate and Aegon.
    Next I'm planning to go with absorbing man and hercules.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★
    I'm still on my way to have one champ of every class r5 and ascended... So far it's
    - Herc
    - Doom
    - Nimrod
    - Aegon

After Crypt rewards it's going to be Human Torch and Kitty Pride which completes the collection...

From there I am not going to take 6* to r5 without a gem, so ascension will be upon my r4 champs that I love to use and don't exist as 7*, like Nick Fury, Ghost, maybe Apoc... Also Tigra and CGR, but they are still r3...
  • Options
    PhiliaPhilia Posts: 87
    edited January 15
    My ascensions are mainly bg focused:
    Hercules
    Kingpin
    Scorpion
    Fantman
    Jessica jones
    Also have plan to ascend- Maestro,Photon,Werewolf,kate,Tigra,nf in future
  • Options
    BuggyDClownBuggyDClown Posts: 2,118 ★★★★★
    Champs which I use most and love to play

My first was doom , 2nd herc
    Now third will be either void or stealthy
  • Options
    WOLF_LINKWOLF_LINK Posts: 1,328 ★★★★
    I slowly have no more Champs on my list to ascend, because we get enough Dust.

Maybe Deathless Guillotine and Weapon X next.
  • Options
    Mikes_momMikes_mom Posts: 126
    Herc & Aegon, saving 500 PD for when ever I have to.
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,838 ★★★★★
    I may ascend Mephisto as a defender because even if he came out as a 7 star, the sig 200 would make him more relevant
  • Options
    AzKicker316AzKicker316 Posts: 2,294 ★★★★★
    Herc was my top priority, followed by Monkey because why not make a crit machine that much better! I ascended r4 aegon strictly for necropolis. I also have Claire and Hulkling because I use them a lot and they aren't 7s.
    My next ones also aren't in the 7 pool and likely won't be for awhile: BWDO and iBom, both are used a lot and fun to play.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,121 ★★★★
    Will there ever be a second level of ascension for 6* above the current, does anyone know? I'd assume not, but interested all the same.
  • Options
    G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

Will there ever be a second level of ascension for 6* above the current, does anyone know? I'd assume not, but interested all the same.

I'd assume there will be, since the ascension symbol shows a "1", but it has neither been anounced not hinted at, so it may be well in the future...