**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Back Alleys in Jan SQ

Question: Do we have to do all paths in this side quest twice (once without taking the back alley, once taking the back alley). I mean I assume so but thats still a question that i have because you dont really get anything by not doing the back alley

Comments

• Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★
    No, just once. Go the longer route with the ambush. It hits all nodes, the single dotted line doesn’t prevent you from 100%.
  • Options
    homerbarthomerbart Posts: 14

No, just once. Go the longer route with the ambush. It hits all nodes, the single dotted line doesn’t prevent you from 100%.

wait fr? Thats nice
    Thanks for letting me know
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    Why there are back alleys at all, I am unclear, but anyway the SQ announcement definitely does not say you have to take those to get exploration. Also "back alley" is a new term to me, and I've been playing this game for almost six years. I guess Kabam expects us to read minds. Hopefully next time they have better communication than this time.
  • Options
    MrSakuragiMrSakuragi Posts: 3,979 ★★★★★

Why there are back alleys at all, I am unclear, but anyway the SQ announcement definitely does not say you have to take those to get exploration. Also "back alley" is a new term to me, and I've been playing this game for almost six years. I guess Kabam expects us to read minds. Hopefully next time they have better communication than this time.

It’s an odd setup but there is an extra node in there. After week 1, people that skipped the back alley were showing 28% exploration and those that did it had 31%.
  • Options

im assuming "back alley" is sort of like the kinda place where thomas and martha wayne (batmans parents) yk...

• Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★

It’s an odd setup but there is an extra node in there. After week 1, people that skipped the back alley were showing 28% exploration and those that did it had 31%.
    Because there's an extra node on that lane with an ambush.
  • Options
    WarlockjrWarlockjr Posts: 780 ★★★

its where you could either fight an extra champ and get a bonus item or skip it and not get the bonus item.
    The bonus item is usually gold
  • Options
    “Announcement did not say you had to take those to get Explore”

Well, Explore has always meant you had to take all the paths that would take you through all the NODES.
    Besides for Gold, there is the Ambush fight on that as well (which, 1 of the 2 of them, are the Weekly Objective target fight).

“Back Alley”

Haven’t heard that either before, but from what is on there (the AMBUSH), could sort of go hand-in-hand. A back alley is an unsafe spot and have to watch out for being ambushed.
  • Options

Well, Explore has always meant you had to take all the paths that would take you through all the NODES.
    Besides for Gold, there is the Ambush fight on that as well (which, 1 of the 2 of them, are the Weekly Objective target fight).

“Back Alley”

Haven’t heard that either before, but from what is on there (the AMBUSH), could sort of go hand-in-hand. A back alley is an unsafe spot and have to watch out for being ambushed.

so the actual path itself doesnt matter you just have to cover all the nodes?

• Options
    homerbart said:

“Back Alley”

Yes, leaving a 1 link segment undone (still dashed) doesn’t matter if both nodes themselves on either side of a 1 link segment have been hit from both sides.
  • Options

homerbart said:

“Back Alley”

Yes, leaving a 1 link segment undone (still dashed) doesn’t matter if both nodes themselves on either side of a 1 link segment have been hit from both sides.
    thank you for clearing that up!
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    "Back alleys" are to solve the "Gold drought" in the game...
  • Options
    edited January 20

"Back alleys" are to solve the "Gold drought" in the game...

i feel like there were much simpler ways to do that