Options

Raids vs QOL

HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
The feeling is that Raids are going exactly the opposite direction of all the QOL improvements Kabam has done lately

I'm Valiant and liked the Necropolis , but I'm just hating to fight Maestro as the first boss. Many times the charges don't get registered and he's very punishing.

Plus all the team coordination needed over a 6 days span makes it so annoying and stressful for people that have a life, work, or family and are not just there in the same office but maybe spread over different timezones.

This is so much worse than early times AQs. Honestly It's like they selected all the game design problems that were already fixed in other game modes and put them all together into Raids.

All my anticipation is dead and just want to wait for the week to end.

Just sharing my thoughts.

Comments

• Options
    SquirrelguySquirrelguy Posts: 2,645 ★★★★★
    You guys are coordinating things? (insert meme with pre-pubescent Adam Warlock)

Seriously, am playing with a more casual alliance that I doubt even fully knows how Raids work and it's not been an issue so far. Just jump on every 4-5 hours and do a fight. Sure, you get 2 revives a day that are free, but other consumables still work for me, and the first Maestro fight was pretty easy if I didn't make any stupid mistakes with a low health revive.
  • Options
    AshacekarAshacekar Posts: 1,796 ★★★★
    edited January 17
    What QoL? My alliance is just chilling. We tag eachother in discord when revives arrive and do couple of runs in needed cycle and then nothing for the day. Though there was one member who joined with wrong role and another who shouldn't have but we will get better. Also my alliance is global, we don't have timezone issues.

• Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,930 ★★★★★
    My biggest problem is the link nodes to ultron. Without them, I’d be very happy with the mode as a whole
  • Options
    Boss HP is Very high. İt must be around 40-50 M
  • Options
    Real_Madrid_76_2Real_Madrid_76_2 Posts: 3,348 ★★★★★
    Ask my experience. Getting almost no help from Ally mates. Alone got 22m points for the event. And not even confident we are gonna complete a single raids event
  • Options
    hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Posts: 2,121 ★★★★★
    Were already selecting from a limited pool of champs to use in the raid, but now add to that a fear that you might need this champ in the next 2-3 wars at some point and I'm left hesitant to use the best Raid options I have and end up selecting a less effective Raid champ because of it.
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★
    SuelGames said:

This mode is HORRIBLE and i hope it gets the Bases treatment. BE GONE!!

I agree 100%
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    edited January 18
    Emilia90 said:

My biggest problem is the link nodes to ultron. Without them, I’d be very happy with the mode as a whole

This is my main issue at the moment. First Raid was bound to have issues, and in my alliance it’s the right path. Someone botched who they brought, as well as the backup guy, so they have 3 assault and 1 Vanguard. They’re obviously stuck on first boss. Center guys are chipping down second boss, and myself and 2 other officers have made it to Ultron on Left path. We tried Ultron last night, and with the nature of his ‘special swap’ node, waiting out his evade, along with the Degen on top of that…it was next to impossible to do anything to him. I was able to get up to and use my sp2 with Iron Man, and then build to a sp1, and as soon as I launched sp1, the degen had killed me (starting from 100%) before the beams even hit him.
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 906 ★★★

I’m either getting 10% in a minute or getting degened to death from maestro in 30 seconds. So I’m playing a total of 2 minutes (the 2 free revives) a day in aq, and it doesn’t feel engaging.

I had been using the normal AQ revives to help build the charges for the team because two revives don’t really do much when one beam can kill you from Maestro.
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,067 ★★★
    DNA3000 said:

XAMA said:

The feeling is that Raids are going exactly the opposite direction of all the QOL improvements Kabam has done lately

Yes, deliberately so.

AQ was originally intended to be alliance content - as in, to require an entire alliance to work together in a coordinated fashion to complete it. In other words, it was actually intended to be MCOC's version of MMO raids. However, over time it evolved organically to be something different, or at least a large portion of the playerbase pushed it to be something different. There were a lot of players who were treating it as a much more casual affair and wanted it to be even moreso. Energy management, path management, cost management, fight coordination, team coordination, was more than a lot of players wanted to do. So the developers began removing much of those elements from AQ: hidden nodes, links, path energy were all removed or reduced to make AQ a much more friendly affair.

Which is fine for the players who wanted a more casual mode, but what about the players who wanted a more involved coordinated mode? That's what Raids are there to provide: the other side of the coin. Standard AQ becomes the casual AQ mode, and Raids become the more involved mode. Raids remove all those QOL improvements to AQ because they aren't universal QOL. They are QOL for the players who want a more casual mode. But for players who wanted a more involved mode, it was the exact opposite: it was the slow death of the mode.

Raids are going in the exact opposite direction because it is supposed to go in the exact opposite direction, because not everyone wanted to go in the direction standard AQ was heading. If you don't want to go where Raids is heading, don't board that train.
    Agreed. Normal AQ is like trying to get your child to eat their vegetables. They usually don’t want to, but it’s a necessity. To get that chunk of glory at the end of the 5 days. And to be quite frank, before they added T6B, T3A, and T6CC…I refused to believe it was even a necessity for me. Some in my alliance still needed things from the store, but I was quite content not even doing the mode at all if I had it my way.

Now with Raids, it’s at least adding something new with much better rewards. It has its problems, sure, but I’d do Raids all day, everyday over normal AQ.
  • Options
    SuelGamesSuelGames Posts: 941 ★★★
    Is there an official post regarding feedback of this trash raid mode? Ive been away from the foruns for several months
  • Options
    Markjv81Markjv81 Posts: 1,003 ★★★★
    I think with a few small tweaks and overtime learning the fights, it can be very good.
    Think back to how long it took you to learn map 6/7/8 when they were introduced.