**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

The Marvelous Ebony Maw: The Joyful Journey of a Master Manipulator

I know I'm gonna get a lot of hate for this rank up and ascension lol. But I absolutely love having him on AW Defence and in BGs. I plan on taking him upto R5 as well (Currently I've 2 R5s - Hercules and NF)

Comments

• Options
    AdiMCOCAdiMCOC Posts: 53

because I find pleasure in the suffering of others??? 🤔 😉

Exactly lol
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

That's questionable because 7r3 Awaken maw can exists now.

Show me someone who has done it ;)
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,997 ★★★★★
    You can always rank up a a7* lol.

If you want to trouble us, Just trouble us in the right way lol.
  • Options
    Anyways, who do you all think is the perfect counter for maw, Perfect in the sense they can knock him out without losing any health and also faster.

I think Omega sentinel is perfect with nullify immunity and tracking, not the fastest, but do him at max health.
  • Options

Anyways, who do you all think is the perfect counter for maw, Perfect in the sense they can knock him out without losing any health and also faster.

Personally, I prefer using the pig or Mr Negative to counter the annoying degen
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,150 ★★★★★
    AdiMCOC said:

PT_99 said:

My 7r1 is almost as powerful as yours without investing anything so I understand the previous comment. Anyway everyone can do whatever do want, being efficient or fun
  • Options
    SleamzySleamzy Posts: 26

I think Omega sentinel is perfect with nullify immunity and tracking, not the fastest, but do him at max health.

I love using Spiderman2099 against him.
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
  • Options

AdiMCOC said:

PT_99 said:

Holy Moly! Look at him in all his glory.
    Also opponents must hate you in war and bg lol
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Necropolis class crystal gave me this, but believe it or not, I actually am not 100% sure if I want to rank 2 him.

Science is just so stacked with 7 stars now, some of them with degen resistance, some with easy access stuns like Silk, other Nukes like Hulk or Spam, Photon that counters miss.

Someone convince me? I’d say hes not even better than Mangog on defense
  • Options
    psp742psp742 Posts: 2,316 ★★★★
    If my 7* Maw was dupe.. I'd rank2 him
  • Options
    AdiMCOC said:

How about this?
    I have him at sig 40, Might as well r3 him if I get a cosmic gem from act 8.4 rewards.
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★

Does this count??
    He is amongst the most banned champs in my deck and has given me wins against champs like scorp even…that degen can catch u with some solid health loss and if he doesnt play ball in metas where parry opportunities are few and between,he can be a real pain to deal with.
    And he is a potent attacker as well..working in the current VT meta with his heavy attack power steal and he also works for champs like korg cuz u can just play him normally without worrying about thorns damage
  • Options
    Sachhyam257Sachhyam257 Posts: 976 ★★★★
    edited January 21
    If I was truly evil, I would've r3d my 7* awakened maw instead of juggs.

Silk: easy knockdowns to delay falter, dex immune, big dmg, sp2 evade safety net. The most perfect of counters.
  • Options
    SpideyFunkoSpideyFunko Posts: 21,809 ★★★★★

all i could think of when i saw the title
  • Options

all i could think of when i saw the title

Oh damn 😂
    I almost choked on my drink
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,375 ★★★★★

Easy kill for Ronin - can parry missile attacks, and inflicts bleeds through block, plus a bunch of decent bleeds on SP2, which are hugely magnified in this BG season.

I also find Viv Vision a pretty solid option: Immune to Nullify, and it's very easy for her to land Heavy attacks from phase. Not great in this particular BG season, because of the polka-dot power. But great, generally.
  • Options
    BeastDadBeastDad Posts: 1,424 ★★★★★

Silk

• Options
    GrO_ot78GrO_ot78 Posts: 370 ★★

AA takes him down fast…

High sig Angela with Odin synergy and pre-fight is my «go to» tho…

And ofc…scorp, piggy, HT, Morbius
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,949 ★★★★
    I think he’s pretty underrated, especially on attack. Once he’s ramped up (which isn’t difficult at all), his degen damage is actually quite good. He also has other useful pieces of utility like nullifying all buffs when in Black tongue, power steal, non contacts
  • Options
    PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Does this count??
    He is amongst the most banned champs in my deck and has given me wins against champs like scorp even…that degen can catch u with some solid health loss and if he doesnt play ball in metas where parry opportunities are few and between,he can be a real pain to deal with.
    And he is a potent attacker as well..working in the current VT meta with his heavy attack power steal and he also works for champs like korg cuz u can just play him normally without worrying about thorns damage

@SidDDragon you say he gets banned a lot but bans are relative to roster size, do you have a lot of r3s r2s? I agree with if they cant parry but if they can then theres just a ton of science nukes so I imagine you take him out of the deck for some metas (assuming you have a large deck)
  • Options
    SidDDragonSidDDragon Posts: 1,183 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Does this count??

@SidDDragon you say he gets banned a lot but bans are relative to roster size, do you have a lot of r3s r2s? I agree with if they cant parry but if they can then theres just a ton of science nukes so I imagine you take him out of the deck for some metas (assuming you have a large deck)
    I am a valiant with 2 r3,a handful of r2 and an equal number of r5 6* so i would say my roster is about midway in terms of bg rosters and i have usually finished in arcane. But yes he does feature in my top 2 rows if thats what you are asking and i usually draft him in my final 1 or 2 pulls(when he isn’t banned) if my opponent hasnt pulled a hard counter to him
  • Options
    JhonST33JhonST33 Posts: 499 ★★★
    edited January 22

Warlock, he can power drain every time parry a non contact attack, that's mean power burns, he never reach sp 1 so don't worrie about nulify in sp2, just parry + heavy + reach sp2.