BPCW BUFF

DJ25DJ25 Member Posts: 10
I wonder what happened to the bpcw buff they announced over a year ago. I was expecting it to at least come out in 2023 but here we are in 2024 now

Comments

• BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Member Posts: 2,385 ★★★★★
    That rework would need to be Kabam's finest hour. Anything less will get epic levels of flak with the character so tied to Chadwick Boseman.
  • TikkaMasalaTikkaMasala Member Posts: 334 ★★
    DrZola said:

I had forgotten so deeply about MCU T’Challa that those initials sent me scrambling to check Claire Voyant’s abilities.

Dr. Zola

I did the exact same thing
  • BendyBendy Member Posts: 5,899 ★★★★★
    I swear they were working on it but didnt give timeline as they want to give him a big buff so he probs would be like ironman he would be a full rework but be a new champion
  • 318Chubz318Chubz Member Posts: 121 ★★
    Why did this just cross my mind literally the day before…lol
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,111 ★★★★★
    I had no idea he is suppose to get buffed
  • NightheartNightheart Member Posts: 2,057 ★★★★
    He would but it's unknown when and I'm still waiting for Dr.Strange rework lol
  • FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Member Posts: 1,952 ★★★★
    For BPCW, it'll definitely need to be a full rework, similar to Iron Man's. He has an interesting kit, but he's just too weak. They should work with that and tweak his kit a little bit to make him more viable
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    Kabam should have reworked him after Chadwick Boseman's passing as an honor to him.
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Kabam should have reworked him after Chadwick Boseman's passing as an honor to him.

I’ve said this every time this has been brought up: this was, is, and forever will be a bad idea. You do not need mechanics in a video game to honor a real human life that was tragically lost. Tying the value of a rework to the value of a man’s life is grotesque, and while I don’t think you meant to suggest that, that’s what a rework to “honor” Chadwick Boseman would do.

If, and it’s a huge if, Kabam chose to revisit this character, they should not say a thing about Boseman in relation to it. If you want to honor him, you can do that on your own account. Using a BPCW profile picture or equipping any of the many Wakanda-themed titles would do it. But Kabam should not tie a tragedy to a character, and anybody who suggests that they should either hasn’t thought it through, or is a ghoul trying to leverage his loss into something personally beneficial.
  • EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,273 ★★★★★
    edited January 22
    @Wicket329 that’s not what really i meant though, like they could have reworked him, just not mentioning his name or his passing
  • Wicket329Wicket329 Member Posts: 3,327 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@Wicket329 that’s not what really i meant though, like they could have reworked him, just not mentioning his name

If Kabam announced today that BPCW was getting a rework, the forum would be flooded with people tying it to Chadwick. Further, anybody who decided the buff wasn’t good enough would be on here saying that it was somehow disrespecting him. It would be gross. As much as I would like the character to be buffed because I love the character, I don’t believe Kabam has any good way of doing so. And I think they know that.