Sudden spike on Viper and Shriek retweet

Comments

• SummonerNRSummonerNR Member, Guardian Posts: 12,354 Guardian

tbh id consider being suspicious if anyone gets more retweets than likes

...why? The way you vote on Twitter is by Retweeting. Not Liking.
    Is it by tweeting using champ name with hashtag ?
    Or only by “Re-tweeting” a tweet that someone else has already typed the champs hashtag name ?
    (or does either way work ?)

Wondering how many votes for “RubyTuesday”
    I mean “Ruby (space) Tuesday”
    I mean “Thursday”
    ..are being lost because of that.

———
    And how many come out of “in-game” voting ? (along with 1 from Twitter)
    Is it 3 + 1, and then is there just one more Final Round, or another Semi-Final with 4 plus a Final of just 2 ??

(if 3+1..) is it “IN-Game” top 3 first, then whichever Twitter from among the other 5 left that is highest so basically ignore Twitter votes for Top Game 3 because they already advance) ?
    Or if just TOP 1 from Twitter, and that one is already in from “in-game” does that mean 1 less overall advances (because included same one from both methods) ??

Not sure they described that level of detail on Forum here or in game (and forgot from previous years).
  • SlayerOfGodsSlayerOfGods Member, Content Creators Posts: 496 Content Creator

Or only by “Re-tweeting” a tweet that someone else has already typed the champs hashtag name ?

I mean “Thursday”

———
    Is it 3 + 1, and then is there just one more Final Round, or another Semi-Final with 4 plus a Final of just 2 ??

(if 3+1..) is it “IN-Game” top 3 first, then whichever Twitter from among the other 5 left that is highest so basically ignore Twitter votes for Top Game 3 because they already advance) ?
    Or if just TOP 1 from Twitter, and that one is already in from “in-game” does that mean 1 less overall advances (because included same one from both methods) ??

Not sure they described that level of detail on Forum here or in game (and forgot from previous years).
    I'm starting to understand how many MCOC Forum users aren't familiar with Twitter (which is probably a good thing, tbh).

MCOC posted a Tweet for each character. Whichever of those Tweets it Retweeted (or reposted/shared, in other words) is the winner and that champion goes on.
  • DeathsworkerDeathsworker Member Posts: 174 ★★

I mean “Thursday”

———

I'm starting to understand how many MCOC Forum users aren't familiar with Twitter (which is probably a good thing, tbh).

MCOC posted a Tweet for each character. Whichever of those Tweets it Retweeted (or reposted/shared, in other words) is the winner and that champion goes on.
    I like it because it's an outside force we have no control over, plus it can potentially bring new people to the game.

I mean “Thursday”

———

I like it because it's an outside force we have no control over, plus it can potentially bring new people to the game.
    Yeah, as a Twitter person, I think the Wildcard being over there is a great thing.

I'm currently watching the entire Carnage and Symbiote communities campaign for Shriek. It's nice.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,421 ★★★★★

I mean “Thursday”

———

Yeah, as a Twitter person, I think the Wildcard being over there is a great thing.

I'm currently watching the entire Carnage and Symbiote communities campaign for Shriek. It's nice.
    It's nice watching 200 people who actually play the game lose because one person who has over 1k followers qrted with "oomfs pls rt" and single handedly destroyed everyone? I'm sorry, no lol.

I mean “Thursday”

———

It's nice watching 200 people who actually play the game lose because one person who has over 1k followers qrted with "oomfs pls rt" and single handedly destroyed everyone? I'm sorry, no lol.
    For the record I wouldn't mind if the Wildcard was one round but straight to the final? Come on, Twitter shouldn't have that much control over the Summoner's Choice cause at that point it isn't Summoner's Choice anymore it's Twitter's choice.
  • Shiv23Shiv23 Member Posts: 21
    I am currently on this campaign for Shriek, as I love Carnage, and growing up I Fell in love with the Maximum Carnage series. I actually have a couple issues from back then, I think I have the very 1st one. I remember playing a video game with spiderman, Carnage, Venom, Doppleganger, Shreik, Blackcat..... I forget what system or what the game was called... Loved it tho.
  • Shiv23Shiv23 Member Posts: 21
    I do still have some and the very 1st one of the series
    Shiv23 said:

I do still have some and the very 1st one of the series

I mean “Thursday”

———

90% of people are probably voting based off content creators and 90% probably don’t even know any origins of any of the characters. Soo the choice doesn’t matter whether it’s someone who plays this game or on Twitter.

It would be like someone saying none of you are marvel fans you all shouldn’t get to vote on characters
  • CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Member Posts: 7,959 ★★★★★
    While maximum carnage was the first comic I ever read and objectively has one of the single greatest comic characters to exist in it (carnage), I don't really understand why carnage fans are campaigning for shriek. She was kinda a weak point of the story.
    edited January 22

I mean “Thursday”

———

90% of people are probably voting based off content creators and 90% probably don’t even know any origins of any of the characters. Soo the choice doesn’t matter whether it’s someone who plays this game or on Twitter.

It would be like someone saying none of you are marvel fans you all shouldn’t get to vote on characters
    How do you know 90% of people are voting based off content creators? That's your assumption, do you have any proof of such assumptions? Cause I can in fact show you the accounts that boosted the voting on Twitter so I have proof, do you?

If the voting is going to have an impact in in a game which you obviously don't play, absolutely, why should you? If it's called a Summoner's Choice, why is it that Twitter decides who gets the Wildcard (which is a massive advantage cause it sends you straight to final round) and not the summoners? (Yes, most of the people on Twitter boosting Shriek's votes don't actually play the game, they're just apart of those communities that obsess over comic characters and that's literally what their entire accounts are about). A lot of these people on Twitter don't even care about Shriek, they rted because someone asked them to or because she's related to Carnage who they actually do care about.
    edited January 22

I mean “Thursday”

———

And every character has an equal chance of that happening for them, so I have no clue why you're complaining about this so much.

I mean “Thursday”

———

90% of people are probably voting based off content creators
    That's BS and you know it. Only the most engaged players even watch MCOC YouTube, much less go along with content creators on their decisions for things like this.
  • call_me_ogcall_me_og Member Posts: 87

because theres only 3 of them who have more retweets than likes
    edited January 22

I mean “Thursday”

———

And every character has an equal chance of that happening for them, so I have no clue why you're complaining about this so much.
    Right, Ruby Viper and everyone else have huuuge communities right? Lmao
    Yeah there definitely aren't a ton of people pushing for Ruby right now and I definitely haven't seen a ton of people talking about Viper but sure whatever let's get annoyed because it's on social media LOL

I mean “Thursday”

———

The difference here (which you're conveniently ignoring because it benefits you since you voted for Shriek)
    If you read one of my earlier comments (you obviously didn't, though) I already said, and made it incredibly obvious that I voted for multiple characters. I also would've called out foul play from bot accounts etc if they were boosting anyone I was rooting for, because fair is fair. That's what the thread was originally about before you derailed it.

I mean “Thursday”

———

Venom has a huge community on Twitter because of the movies, the others don't. So the argument that it could happen to any character is absolutely not true.

I'm complaining because it's called Summoner's Choice, not Twitter's Choice bud.
    So do you think the Twitter Venom community wouldn't come to the game to vote for Shriek anyways, or something? Even though they're doing that right now? Is that what you're implying?

Because that's kinda dumb.
    edited January 22

I don't think there should be any wildcards at all honestly, unless it's only a free pass to the next round but it shouldn't be a free pass to the finals even if it's on the forums and especially not on Twitter because of how easily the whole thing can be manipulated either with bots
    Miike already said that Botted Retweets will not be counted towards the Twitter Wildcard. That was shared before you posted this comment.

It never boils down to character popularity which is the whole point of the summoner's choice
    How does it "never boil down to character popularity"? Our previous winners were Hercules, Quicksilver and Gladiator. Pretty sure Twitter played very little of a role in their wins. They won purely because they're popular characters.

you can literally have 200 people retweeting Blob because they love the character and that still won't be enough to beat ten people with 1k followers each who asked their followers to retweet Shriek even though they have no idea who Shriek is or what mcoc is.
    What does this even mean? Why would 10 random Twitter accounts with small followings ask their followers/mutuals to Retweet a character they don't know, for a game they don't play? How would 10 small Twitter accounts even amass 200 Retweets? Why would people follow those Venom/Carnage/Symbiote Twitter accounts if they didn't care for the characters? Why would they Retweet if they didn't care for the characters? This doesn't make ANY sense.

Even if they don't play the game, what if they know and love the character? There's a LOT of Shriek fans on Twitter, along with Symbiote fans. You've said a character never wins because they're popular, but then you're complaining that a character is popular and getting a lot of votes.. just because it's on Twitter
    ..?

A lot of those very same Venom/Shriek/Symbiote fans are visiting MCOC and voting in the game, too. A lot of them aren't JUST tossing Retweets. They're literally coming to the game, some of them for the first time, likely. That's probably why the Wildcard vote is on Twitter.

And no, not every character has a following like that, but these people are also coming to the game, and people are already spreading awareness and campaigning on social medias throughout the entire MCOC world, across Discord, Reddit, Instagram, even here. So I really don't get why this bothers you so much.
    I'm sorry for posting entire essays btw (even though that's probably a normal thing on the forums), I'm just wanting to get to the bottom of this one 💀

I mean “Thursday”

———

Right, Ruby Viper and everyone else have huuuge communities right? Lmao
    Yeah there definitely aren't a ton of people pushing for Ruby right now and I definitely haven't seen a ton of people talking about Viper but sure whatever let's get annoyed because it's on social media LOL

I mean “Thursday”

———

The difference here (which you're conveniently ignoring because it benefits you since you voted for Shriek)
    If you read one of my earlier comments (you obviously didn't, though) I already said, and made it incredibly obvious that I voted for multiple characters. I also would've called out foul play from bot accounts etc if they were boosting anyone I was rooting for, because fair is fair. That's what the thread was originally about before you derailed it.

I mean “Thursday”

———

Venom has a huge community on Twitter because of the movies, the others don't. So the argument that it could happen to any character is absolutely not true.

I'm complaining because it's called Summoner's Choice, not Twitter's Choice bud.
    So do you think the Twitter Venom community wouldn't come to the game to vote for Shriek anyways, or something? Even though they're doing that right now? Is that what you're implying?

Because that's kinda dumb.
    That was in response to you saying this can happen to every character, which is obviously not true for the reasons I already explained.

If anyone's dumb here it's you cause you didn't understand a single word I said. I never said people won't download the game after this, some of them will, some of them won't, who knows.
    The point I've been trying to make is that letting Twitter decide who goes straight to the finals is dumb. Why not simply do that on the forums where every single person who votes currently plays the game. You do it on Twitter, not only do you have bots voting but you also have people taking advantage of the fact that they have a lot of followers so they just tell them to spam rt even though those people may or may not be interested in the game (which I'm willing to bet, most of them aren't cause if they were interested in a Marvel game, guess what the first thing that pops up in the App Store/Play Store when you type Marvel games is). It's called Summoner's Choice not Random People Who Didn't Know The Game Existed Til Their Friend On Twitter Asked Them To RT's Choice.
  • ahmynutsahmynuts Member Posts: 7,314 ★★★★★
    edited January 22

I'd rather an arena where points earned gets you a vote.

I want people who actively play the game to decide on the champs who come in.

My reaction to that information:

I don't think there should be any wildcards at all honestly, unless it's only a free pass to the next round but it shouldn't be a free pass to the finals even if it's on the forums and especially not on Twitter because of how easily the whole thing can be manipulated either with bots
    Miike already said that Botted Retweets will not be counted towards the Twitter Wildcard. That was shared before you posted this comment.

It never boils down to character popularity which is the whole point of the summoner's choice
    How does it "never boil down to character popularity"? Our previous winners were Hercules, Quicksilver and Gladiator. Pretty sure Twitter played very little of a role in their wins. They won purely because they're popular characters.

you can literally have 200 people retweeting Blob because they love the character and that still won't be enough to beat ten people with 1k followers each who asked their followers to retweet Shriek even though they have no idea who Shriek is or what mcoc is.
    What does this even mean? Why would 10 random Twitter accounts with small followings ask their followers/mutuals to Retweet a character they don't know, for a game they don't play? How would 10 small Twitter accounts even amass 200 Retweets? Why would people follow those Venom/Carnage/Symbiote Twitter accounts if they didn't care for the characters? Why would they Retweet if they didn't care for the characters? This doesn't make ANY sense.

Even if they don't play the game, what if they know and love the character? There's a LOT of Shriek fans on Twitter, along with Symbiote fans. You've said a character never wins because they're popular, but then you're complaining that a character is popular and getting a lot of votes.. just because it's on Twitter
    ..?

A lot of those very same Venom/Shriek/Symbiote fans are visiting MCOC and voting in the game, too. A lot of them aren't JUST tossing Retweets. They're literally coming to the game, some of them for the first time, likely. That's probably why the Wildcard vote is on Twitter.

And no, not every character has a following like that, but these people are also coming to the game, and people are already spreading awareness and campaigning on social medias throughout the entire MCOC world, across Discord, Reddit, Instagram, even here. So I really don't get why this bothers you so much.
    Yes, but the one that wins on Twitter has nothing to do with popularity because if that was the case guess what? Shriek wouldn't be above Blob or the other runner ups. Go look at literally every single poll that's been made on YT Reddit Forums eyx and you'll see Shriek isn't even third. Why? Cause Shriek is not that populat, she's winning on Twitter thanks to a bunch of accounts that are obsessed with Carnage and also happen to have 1k followers who also happen to be obsessed with Carnage and will vote for Shriek just because in their brains Shriek = Carnage. Man you can't possibly be such a smart CGR player and then be this dense when it comes to other stuff, really?

it doesn't make any sense to you because you've probably never been apart of one of these weird communities. I was in one of them a few years ago (Resident Evil and Dead by Daylight related) and it's very easy to get +500 rts on a tweet if you just ask the people in that same community to help you rting, mainly because... you know... it takes like 5 seconds to rt something.

I didn't say a character never wins because they aren't popular, I said it's easy to manipulate voting on Twitter and help the less popular one win. Reading comprehension -10/10 or you're just mad, you need to chill my guy lol.

Oh they are? You got any statistics or any proof? Did you message every single one of them one by one asking them if they downloaded mcoc after they rted whatever their friend asked them to rt? Cause if I was in that position, I'd just rt and keep scrolling, if I was interested in a Marvel game I would've looked it up before someone had to tell me there's a Marvel mobile game you can download for free 💀
    edited January 22

I mean “Thursday”

———

I mean “Thursday”

———

How do you know 90% of people are voting based off content creators? That's your assumption, do you have any proof of such assumptions? Cause I can in fact show you the accounts that boosted the voting on Twitter so I have proof, do you?

If the voting is going to have an impact in in a game which you obviously don't play, absolutely, why should you? If it's called a Summoner's Choice, why is it that Twitter decides who gets the Wildcard (which is a massive advantage cause it sends you straight to final round) and not the summoners? (Yes, most of the people on Twitter boosting Shriek's votes don't actually play the game, they're just apart of those communities that obsess over comic characters and that's literally what their entire accounts are about). A lot of these people on Twitter don't even care about Shriek, they rted because someone asked them to or because she's related to Carnage who they actually do care about.

L Opinion.
    Get ratio’d.

Wild card is a wild card for a reason
    edited January 22
    Shriek ftw
  • GinjabredMonstaGinjabredMonsta Member, Guardian Posts: 6,482 Guardian

Seems like Viper is the only one that had lots of bot votes while Shriek is being mass voted by carnage fans

Guilty
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,381 ★★★★★

I mean “Thursday”

———

I mean “Thursday”

———

L Opinion.
    Get ratio’d.

I’d argue that your opinion is the L one. Clobberin is right, the way the wildcard vote was conducted was stupid as usual. Same as restricting the 7* Titan pool votes to Twitter last year
  • Drake2078Drake2078 Member Posts: 918 ★★★
    Should be 1 vote only for each Kabam account level 29 and higher.
    No X/Twitter

I mean “Thursday”

———

I mean “Thursday”

———

L Opinion.
    Get ratio’d.

🤡

Lol come back when you have actual counter arguments pal.
This discussion has been closed.