**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Necropolis Selector - Dupe of Same Class R3 Gem vs Going for a New Champ Dilemma

PolygonPolygon Posts: 3,836 ★★★★★

Alright Folks, so I'm about to fight GM on my last path but I still am torn on this decision. I'm covered in tech/mystic/cosmic. Because my r3 gem is skill i'm leaning towards duping KM. (No offense to @Pikolu / @captain_rogers as I do think Black Cat is a great champion with more important utility than even Mantis, just that I don't think she really needs the r3 as she already shreds at r2 and especially since I have the 6* BW Relic. Plus I'd mainly use her in matchups where abilities fail).

Nevertheless, the other options are Hulk, Sunspot, Bishop, and Domino.Let's discuss each of the options.

Hulk: I know this will be a favorite but I already have Silk and Titania as 7 stars (Titania wil be getting the generic R3) so my thought process is that as good as Hulk is, I wouldn't really *need* him, since those 2 champs + 6* torch/scorpion/photon etc could cover any matchups Hulk can. Plus he kinds needs RNG on the sp2 crit/furies in BGs. Because of this, I think objectively 1 of the mutants take priority (if not KM)

Bishop: Great dual threat however, he's worse of a defender than a duped Domino and worse of an attacker than Sunspot (he needs to crit on his sp2 or else you'll have to throw another one in BGs). Plus nowadays we're getting more and more counters. Even those without class advantage like Herc/Hulkling/Galan/CGR/Kitty/Omega Red can take him (while if it was Domino instead they would most likely lose the fight).

Domino: Sadly it would be a 1st time pull. After KM, Domino is probably the second best option to go for in the selector if one was chasing a dupe.

Sunspot: Might come across as a surprise but since domino would be unduped, I think this would be the 2nd most beneficial champ given the science/hulk rationale above. I know he's slept on from people in the forums because he doesn't have defensive value but he nukes some of the trickiest defenders in just 2 specials. Combine that with perfect block, and you have arguably a top 3 mutant (for BGs). Even gamora can't nuke as fast as him.

KM Dupe: Even without the dupe he has some insane crit resistance. Mans like the Great Wall of China. Even CGR's can lose the match vs an r3. Aside from that, he has very high block penetration, and power gain from debuffs (so DOT champs wont work on him). The dupe however takes him to another level by greatly limiting his counters or causing you to end up being cornered at times.

The main thing to consider is that my r3 gem is skill. But with that said, it feels a little weird to pick a dupe over a new champion even if that new champion would be a top meta/banned champ for a very long time.

I am also considering the option of taking him to r3 unawakened and being hopeful I can eventually dupe him, if one of the other champions would add a significant value to my overall Roster. (BGs/War Focus)

But anyways let me know your thoughts in the comments or if you disagree with any of the points I've made. I'm curious if anyone else picked a dupe from their selector. We probably won't see an awakening gem for a very long time, and even if 8.4 or Cyber Monday had one, it'd most likely be in the form of a crystal instead of a generic.

Necropolis Selector - Dupe of Same Class R3 Gem vs Going for a New Champ Dilemma 53 votes

KM Dupe (skill r3 gem)
37%
Il_CuocoSuros_mooncaptain_rogersAbspain101CrcrcrcJack2634ThePredator1001benhunchoBanannaPanda13579rebel_Lonley_potato123MiniMFHonorable_BluJayhyp3r05TNK_131Viper198787Mikes_momAllwillFallMrA23Hulkbusterno 20 votes
Hulk (aready have Silk and Titania as 7 stars)
24%
Longshot_33PlinkoJenskeDUnitmanMessy151MenToWolveswillrun4adonutLickyTikkaMasaladoggyNemesis_17Kingering_Kingcall_me_og 13 votes
Bishop
15%
SIlverProfessorphillgreenege999menspiderbites0196TrongNovDerpyEagleIvorNightheart 8 votes
Sunspot
5%
Superstar_1126SiggManZha 3 votes
Domino
16%
HendrossDfour24Carracho01Ben_15455RiptideCyrillFromTulaFrostGiantLordMixtapevol02GusAr418 9 votes

Comments

• Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
    edited January 22
    You win
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 3,997 ★★★★★
    KM Dupe (skill r3 gem)
    I took offense 😡.
    Anyways since you're already going to r3 killmonger, Might as well dupe him. He also got a highly unique and useful synergy with void, So he will be very sustainable in questing/aw.
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,619 ★★★★
    Domino
    I'd say Domino. If you manage to dupe her, she's going to be insane on both offense and defense. KM and Hulk also aren't bad choices, but Domino just has so much potential utility if you manage to awaken her
  • Options

I'd say Domino. If you manage to dupe her, she's going to be insane on both offense and defense. KM and Hulk also aren't bad choices, but Domino just has so much potential utility if you manage to awaken her

Thats a good point as if I did KM despite the skill class gem, I'd probably just dupe him again after, whereas Domino would be a safe option.

If I do KM, I'd probably ascend my r4 s200 Domino and eventually r5 her with a mutant gem.
  • Options
    Mrwarren96Mrwarren96 Posts: 425 ★★
    None of them and grab a shuri
  • Options

Already have her and Chavez.

Anyway I ended up picking KM. I'll just r5 and ascend Domino.
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,404 ★★★★
    Polygon said:

I'm actually 2 paths from having the same question and dilemma.

I pulled a skill r3 gem and right now my only skill 7* are moon dragon, Hawkeye, elsa and KM.

Given my current roster, there's a good chance I may pick the km dupe rather than a new champ if I haven't duped him by the time I do my last 2 necropolis paths.

He's a killer defender, and underrated on offense.
  • Options

Polygon said:

I pulled a skill r3 gem and right now my only skill 7* are moon dragon, Hawkeye, elsa and KM.

Given my current roster, there's a good chance I may pick the km dupe rather than a new champ if I haven't duped him by the time I do my last 2 necropolis paths.

I would strongly encourage you too, he’s probably the best defender from the original launch pool once duped and at r3 and sig 20 he could be viable for attack.

I did 7 for 7 and guilly challenge before my last path but my pulls were all pretty bad, still worth trying because you never know
  • Options
    jayb8008jayb8008 Posts: 76
    Do you have to make your selection right away after 100% completion, or can you sit on the crystal and wait a bit before deciding? I have 3 paths remaining so I'll be making that decision soon. I'd like to be able to take some time in deciding who I'll want.
  • Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★
    jayb8008 said:

Do you have to make your selection right away after 100% completion, or can you sit on the crystal and wait a bit before deciding? I have 3 paths remaining so I'll be making that decision soon. I'd like to be able to take some time in deciding who I'll want.

Right away
  • Options
    jayb8008jayb8008 Posts: 76
    Bugmat78 said:

jayb8008 said:

Right away
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to have my plan in place prior to starting my final path.
  • Options
    Definitely a tough choice. Are you hard selecting r3ing KM?
  • Options
    jcphillips7jcphillips7 Posts: 1,037 ★★★
    jayb8008 said:

Bugmat78 said:

jayb8008 said:

Right away
    Thanks for the reply. I guess I'll have to have my plan in place prior to starting my final path.
    Yup. That's what I had to do my last 3 paths. I wanted to do Red Goblin after I did Odin path, but knowing the selector at the end I was going to have to choose right away, I had to do the 2 7* crystal paths first and leave Red Goblin last, so I could see if I'd pull 1 of the 2 I wanted from the selector before it forced my hand.
  • Options

jayb8008 said:

Bugmat78 said:

jayb8008 said:

Right away
    Yup. That's what I had to do my last 3 paths. I wanted to do Red Goblin after I did Odin path, but knowing the selector at the end I was going to have to choose right away, I had to do the 2 7* crystal paths first and leave Red Goblin last, so I could see if I'd pull 1 of the 2 I wanted from the selector before it forced my hand.
    I did the exact same thing and even did Carinas 7 for 7 and the Guilly Challenge to help make the decision easier. Not only did I get none of the champs here, but Unfortunately i ended up pulling a Hawkeye, Sam Wilson,Roblin so you can definitely make the argument that it’s better to just get those Valiant dailies ahead of time instead of being optimistic on RNG
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

I would strongly encourage you too, he’s probably the best defender from the original launch pool once duped and at r3 and sig 20 he could be viable for attack.

I did 7 for 7 and guilly challenge before my last path but my pulls were all pretty bad, still worth trying because you never know
    That's what I figured with KM, he's an absolute monster defender, and can be decent on attack when needed as well.

I have a decent 7* roster, although there's other champs in the original pool selector that are "better" that I don't have, I would rather have a great skill r3 that's a double edged sword since my gem is for skill, than Pico somebody like hulk/titania that at best would get a r2 and end up with a skill r3 who either outright sucks, or I'm just not the biggest fan of for overall content like my elsa.

A r3 duped KM is just plain mean, lol
  • Options
    edited January 31

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

That's what I figured with KM, he's an absolute monster defender, and can be decent on attack when needed as well.

I have a decent 7* roster, although there's other champs in the original pool selector that are "better" that I don't have, I would rather have a great skill r3 that's a double edged sword since my gem is for skill, than Pico somebody like hulk/titania that at best would get a r2 and end up with a skill r3 who either outright sucks, or I'm just not the biggest fan of for overall content like my elsa.

@Rayven5220 So who did you end up picking? I’m having some second thoughts on not going for a 1st time Domino. I probably would’ve just r3ed KM unawakened
  • Options
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Polygon said:

@Rayven5220 So who did you end up picking? I’m having some second thoughts on not going for a 1st time Domino. I probably would’ve just r3ed KM unawakened
    I'm doing my last path, likely this weekend, so I haven't made my pick yet, but still thinking about duping my KM.

I have to take a serious look at my roster, though, because although I will be valiant once I do my last path, I may be lacking in areas of my roster that imunaware of given I mostly do BG's now.

I may make a post later to see if there's any obvious holes in my roster.

I have what I think mat be a slightly underdeveloped roster for my progression level currently, so I could be missing something.
  • Options
    So, I ended up saying screw it and taking KM up to r3 unawareness.

Ended up going for hulk in the end.
    He will help my roster more right now overall.