Options

So Hitting Into Block Parry?

DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,070 ★★★★★
So I'm doing a random duel and all of a sudden I'm getting parried hitting into block .. I think I'll just restart obviously this is just one of those things like Monica said ... no way this is real when so many champs and nodes rely on hitting into block ... so I restart and the exact thing happens again.

Is this a thing now? If so . that's gonna make my life on attack quite bothersome.

Comments

• Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Yeah they had pushed a fix but it made the ai more passive regarding specials so they rolled back
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,559 ★★★★★
    It apparently is worse with champs who have a double hit medium. I noticed it with Werewolf in BGs—hitting block ruptures defenders (and you needed DoT to gain power).

Imagine my surprise when I kept getting parried striking block…

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,829 ★★★★★
    Yeah no bueno... Domino, silk... Werewolf.. this sucks..
  • Options
    DrZola said:

It apparently is worse with champs who have a double hit medium. I noticed it with Werewolf in BGs—hitting block ruptures defenders (and you needed DoT to gain power).

Imagine my surprise when I kept getting parried striking block…

Dr. Zola

that's exactly who I was using ... Werewolf.
  • Options
    It'd be cool if they gave the attacker that ability .. so I could just hold block and get parries.
  • Options
    DeathsworkerDeathsworker Posts: 144 ★★
    Deacon said:

It'd be cool if they gave the attacker that ability .. so I could just hold block and get parries.

You can be as good as AI.
    Step 1. Run a match against a gambit and watch how fast he blocks.
    Step 2. All you need to do is have a seizure and make sure your thumb is on the screen at the same time to hit peak ai reparry methods.

• Options
    Deacon said:

Wdym, you do have the ability
  • Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,588 ★★★★★

Yeah they had pushed a fix but it made the ai more passive regarding specials so they rolled back

I just can’t drink the koolaid that says AI hyper speed reactivity and throwing a special are connected.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

I just can’t drink the koolaid that says AI hyper speed reactivity and throwing a special are connected.
    That's just coding for you. I've had instances where I fixed an issue by literally just pressing backspace and undo.
  • Options
    BigBlueOx said:

They gave us 2 options
    1. Ai that can reparry and throw intercepts and sp intercepts
    2. Ai that can’t reparry and hold sp until sp3 and immediately throw it
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,348 ★★★★

BigBlueOx said:

They gave us 2 options
    1. Ai that can reparry and throw intercepts and sp intercepts
    2. Ai that can’t reparry and hold sp until sp3 and immediately throw it
    It must just be me, but AI it still holding specials either just as much, or almost as much, I've said all week, thanos would just hold his specials for 30-60-90 seconds at a time, especially his sp2. It's like he was either waiting for the sp3 or special intercept.
  • Options

Deacon said:

Wdym, you do have the ability
    LOL how could I have overlooked it
  • Options
    side note, I encountered something that may just be specific to Mr. Negative ... when I'm holding heavy for the evade punish, they simply will NOT dash in ... I fought a Kindred in BGs and man ... every single time I had my heavy evade ready .. he would just sit there and block and would not dash in .. not even a little bit.
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 777 ★★★★
    Guessing based on experience but they probably toned down the AI input sniffing sampling rate. So it doesn’t parry you within blocks but it also doesn’t roll the dice enough to throw specials based on the triggers. Kind of a damned if you do damned if you don’t.
  • Options
    Realized I never shared the video ...

https://youtu.be/aKng6ZnTT8A
  • Options
    I wasn't trying to kill him ... just trying to see if the whole parry block thing was actually happening and it was lol
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited January 22
    @Deacon Glad you posted that video that’s exactly what’s going on right now. Other champs are also having this happen but at least it shows exactly what the issue is we are facing.
  • Options
    Ai is just mastered at reparrying. Either AI is trained off player data or it’s completely random “roll of the dice”.

But that wouldn’t explain the increase in holding sp’s, reparrying, sp intercets, light intercepts, etc.
  • Options
    edited January 22
    Deacon said:

https://youtu.be/qn0ZGQmKJEc?si=BxL8fXSsYllg9dKn

Couldn't find werewolf but yeah. Unless this is not what you mean
  • Options
    Deacon said:

Realized I never shared the video ...

https://youtu.be/aKng6ZnTT8A

Yep. Happens in the instant he gets bulwark and parries you. Double hit medium for the win.

This seems like it will get fixed. But not until after BGs season.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    mostlyharmlessnmostlyharmlessn Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    Deacon said:

I'd be happy if my parries worked against every champ as reliable as they do against BPCW and Mordo.... especially since I don't intentionally parry either of them.....
  • Options

Deacon said:

I'd be happy if my parries worked against every champ as reliable as they do against BPCW and Mordo.... especially since I don't intentionally parry either of them.....
    You mean the sticky extra long parry window you get against those champs? Or on Stunning Reflection?

Dr. Zola