EOP Carina with nothing but Juggernaut on the Team?

PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,376 ★★★★★
I was originally going to do the right side path with only r2 Chavez for the Thunderbolt and Dimensional Being, but it dawned upon me that the Brotherhood of Mutants has a very bad pool of champions.

So I figured I could just double dip using only Juggernaut for the Brotherhood and Thunderbolt objectives, and then do dimensional being with Chavez/Galan/FAM.

Problem however, though is my Juggernaut is only a rank 4 6* and there's a Scorpion and Peni on the path (not too concerned about the Peni, more so the Scorpion).

Did anyone else do this? I know most combined the A force/Alpha flight with Brotherhood (SW and Rogue), but I'd rather just use Juggernaut as hes a better champ. I have a 7* Guardian and Sasquatch I can use for the Alpha Flight.

Got around 70 revives left after exploring Necro.

Comments

• JT_SupremeJT_Supreme Member Posts: 1,192 ★★★★
    I did it with a 6r3 on right side. One of my better runs, peni was the most annoy I just used 20% and tried to do as much damage
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Go left with juggs. It's possible
  • willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Member Posts: 4,135 ★★★★★
    Keep in mind, if your goal is to do the least amount of runs total, then you should double dip with the Chavez/ghost rider team and the scarlet witch/rogue teams. Juggs overlaps with them so you'll end up doing one extra run. I can't remember which ones he overlaps with.

But Juggs would be easier than either of those two teams imo (I did the scarlet and Chavez ones, but Juggs seems like he'd be easier from what I've seen).
  • MagrailothosMagrailothos Member Posts: 5,860 ★★★★★
    I did a run using a 6r3 Scarlet Witch, and a 5/65 Rogue.

I think that Juggs can get past Scorpion; but it's actually Ikaris that will be a roadblock for Jugs: he has Special Burst Lockdown; so every time he throws a Special attack (and being Ikaris, he does that a lot...), you'll lose your Gem, your Unstoppable, and your ability to Nullify.

I'm sure you can get past in the end, but to me, that sounds like a pretty miserable fight for Juggs, going solo.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Member Posts: 751 ★★★
    Did the right path with r3 juggs. Its doable, and slightly cheaper than doing 2 runs. The last phase of Thanos was a pain thought, because of juggs' short reach on his heavy.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    I basically did this. I originally only planned on doing a Thunderbolts run and brought a couple of those along as well, but ended up doing every fight with Juggs since the other champions sucked. Unfortunately, since I still had those other champs on my team, the game obviously wouldn't allow me to count it as a Juggs-only run in order to smash both objectives in one go. So I had to do another Juggs-heavy run (although the champions beside him during the BoM run was at least a little bit more helpful).

It cost me a ton more revives to do two runs with him (especially since I only had him at r3), which annoyed me to no end.
  • PolygonPolygon Member Posts: 4,376 ★★★★★
    @Ercarret @TheHeroDeserved

How bad was peni and scorpion with just juggs? Based on what @Magrailothos said was ikaris a long fight with the gem being disabled?

I was thinking of trying the left side like @AverageDesi said but the Terrax armor break debuffs would shut off my gem. I haven't looked at the nodes on the other defenders on left side in as much detail
  • AverageDesiAverageDesi Member Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    I did right with 6*R3 Juggs as well and it was one of my cheaper runs. Use Herc for first for and then all Juggs from there.

Kraven, pretty easy once you get the rhythm of the fight.

Scorp, that guy sucks and is super annoying. Juggs does some really good damage though and nukes him down pretty well.

Ikaris is a long fight, but once you get into the rhythm of it it’s smooth. There were a few sp2’s I was able to get off that had some momentum and the extra damage was nice.

Peni also sucks. She’s basically just a nuke it.

Thanos, I loved the Thanos fight. I watched a video of somebody before, but essentially use Juggs unstoppable in your favor to just keep whaling on Thanos. You’re immune to reverse controls, so that phase is easy. I think I used only 2 or 3 revives on that fight.
  • ErcarretErcarret Member Posts: 2,896 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

How bad was peni and scorpion with just juggs? Based on what @Magrailothos said was ikaris a long fight with the gem being disabled?

I was thinking of trying the left side like @AverageDesi said but the Terrax armor break debuffs would shut off my gem. I haven't looked at the nodes on the other defenders on left side in as much detail

Well, it's been a year so I don't really remember the specifics of the fights. All I really remember is Juggs being far and away the best option I had available to me. At least on the Thunderbolts run. I think I used the two Magnetos a fair bit for those two fights during my Brotherhood of Mutants run since both Scorpion and Peni are #metal, but I got through both of them with Juggs on my Thunderbolts run.

I seem to recall Ikaris being quite doable with Juggs. I found a good rhythm, I think. I didn't one-shot him by any means - not even close - but I had longer stretches of success with Juggs than with anyone prior to him. That was probably a combination of him being a mystic champion and not having to deal with some of Ikaris' BS, and also me getting more acquaintedd with the fight itself. But yeah, I won't argue that it's a long fight.

Regardless, a Juggs run will be expensive. Probably a lot less expensive nowadays if you've got a 7* or high-rank 6* (and don't use him for the first time, like I did), but I would still only go in with a decent stash of revives. Aside from maybe the first run where I got my bearings, those two Juggs runs were the two most expensive runs by far for me. But I also ran it with one r3 (three r3s in total) compared to teams of mostly r4s for the other runs, so it's a little hard to say exactly how hard it was compared to the other runs.
  • CvlrCvlr Member Posts: 223 ★★
    I did the right path with 6* r3 and 7* r1 juggs (both unduped), it wasn't so hard I probably spent about 15 revives and some potions before thanos, I used herc r5A for the first 4 fight however (only 2 revives on crossbones). I was trying to play slow and patiently against scorpion, then I lost patience and just rolled him out in an ignorant way, unstoppable help you take care of his evade. Peni wasn't that bad, just shut down her shield and go for more damage possible.
  • TheHeroDeservedTheHeroDeserved Member Posts: 751 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Its bad, but doable. Find a rythm and get grinding. @Matty_Ice did a great write up with what you need to know.

As @Ercarret, I did this a year ago so I dont remember the details. But I remember the Juggs run wasn't too bad, except the last phase on Thanos. I would 100% do it again with Juggs instead of doing it twice.
  • SkyfawSkyfaw Member Posts: 198 ★★
    I also did an only jugs team on the right side. Tho the first 4 fights I did Hercules and then swapped him out with another jug.
  • MystGMystG Member Posts: 40
    Did the right side with 6R5 OG Witch, she cheesed it lol. Even the Scorpion was easy. Just Peni is a revive dump.
    Thanks everyone for the replies

So it looks like no one really took Juggs on the left path then
    Polygon said:

Right side is much easier, ikaris can be solod, scorp and peni are the pain points

Polygon said:

Right side is much easier, ikaris can be solod, scorp and peni are the pain points
    Got it, what makes the left difficult? The nodes? Cause the defenders seemed to be not as bad as scorpion and peni
  • Wong_98Wong_98 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    Hey, sorry to get off topic, but I don’t want to make another thread on eop if this one is one the first page. Roughly how many revives would someone that has zero experience with these fights need for an all Chavez run? I have r4 ascended Herc for the first fights, then I have a r3 7* Chavez, r3 6* and r1 5*. My skill level is pretty mid
    Polygon said:

Polygon said:

Got it, what makes the left difficult? The nodes? Cause the defenders seemed to be not as bad as scorpion and peni
    Don’t really remember but left side is just more difficult in general. Only did one challenge on the left side. Modok and dragon man can be super annoying tho.
    Wong_98 said:

Hey, sorry to get off topic, but I don’t want to make another thread on eop if this one is one the first page. Roughly how many revives would someone that has zero experience with these fights need for an all Chavez run? I have r4 ascended Herc for the first fights, then I have a r3 7* Chavez, r3 6* and r1 5*. My skill level is pretty mid

Maybe 50? But with r3 Chavez you should wreck
  • JuanmiJuanmi Member Posts: 42
    I did the run with a 5* Juggs. 40 revives
    edited January 24
    Wong_98 said:

You are better off doing a solo Juggs run as the brotherhood of mutants is a horrible pool of champions to bother doing a solo objective for when Juggs would be the one hard carrying the team
    Am i suppose to be soloing these bottom 4 paths on the right with Herc? Cause i cant even get a solo on Dormammu so far.

Honestly Hercs immortality seems overrated for these EOP fights, because once i threw my sp2 to stun them, i was barely getting enough power on the combos following it, to get back to an sp2 so that i can repeat the stun loop, even using a relic. Am i doing something wrong?

My herc is only a rank 4 and non ascended, should i just bring my top champ? R3 unawakened Titania
  • ZuroZuro Member Posts: 2,844 ★★★★★
    Polygon said:

Am i suppose to be soloing these bottom 4 paths on the right with Herc? Cause i cant even get a solo on Dormammu so far.

Honestly Hercs immortality seems overrated for these EOP fights, because once i threw my sp2 to stun them, i was barely getting enough power on the combos following it, to get back to an sp2 so that i can repeat the stun loop, even using a relic. Am i doing something wrong?

My herc is only a rank 4 and non ascended, should i just bring my top champ? R3 unawakened Titania

Use whatever champ that can help with the first 4 fights. I personally herc but titania could do solid too
  • Matty_IceMatty_Ice Member Posts: 594 ★★★
    Polygon said:

Dormammu is tricky. I would suggest watching some vids of Herc doing the first 4. You CAN solo dormammu, but that depends on skill and AI cooperation. If you’re willing to practice over and over until you get the run, then you will be set up for a solo. I was eventually able to solo him, but often settled for 2-3 revives on Dormammu.

Overall, the first 4 fights can be done with other champs, Herc just does the best because of his immortality. You’re not going to get in a stun loop except on maybe the Bishop fight.

I did not get any solos outside of dormammu with a R3 or R4 Herc.
  • Wong_98Wong_98 Member Posts: 1,015 ★★★★
    edited January 25
    Polygon said:

Wong_98 said:

You are better off doing a solo Juggs run as the brotherhood of mutants is a horrible pool of champions to bother doing a solo objective for when Juggs would be the one hard carrying the team
    I was planning on using scarlet witch and rogue for a force and brotherhood, since doing a Juggs run knocks out all opportunity for other dual runs
    Wong_98 said:

Polygon said:

Wong_98 said:

I was planning on using scarlet witch and rogue for a force and brotherhood, since doing a Juggs run knocks out all opportunity for other dual runs
    If you haven’t already started, I urge you to look the other way. I had like 30 revives expiring (the only reason i bothered doing it), but i ended up having to tap into the inventory ones. And that was with Juggernaut, so you’ll be using even more than SW and Rogue.

Like MCOC Noob said in his video, that final phase of Thanos is a cash grab with how the AI is. Maybe 1 out of 20 times it would cooperate with my intercepts. One of two things would happen: 1) He’ll hold block and you’ll try to intercept when he drops his guard only to end up hitting his block all the while hes building to an sp3 which one shots you or 2) you end up eating a combo because the moment he drops his guard after turtling with his block he ends up intercepting you.

Given how the AI is at the moment with its flawless intercepting, fighting that boss 6 times for an r5 gem simply isn’t worth it imo, you can just get the t6cc of valiant dalies.

Fyi for anyone thats gonna comment “skill issue”, I ended up using about 200 revives total exploring Necro . The Thanos fight itself isnt hard, the last phase is just brutal given how the AI is behaving currently