**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

How do we express our feelings on raids?

Comments

• Options
    krystolixkrystolix Posts: 68
    Too be honest, this for me, was the final nail in the coffin for continued alliance mode content that continually gets worse and worse.

The ai sucks for it. The nodes weren't that bad, they could knock the ferver needed to form charges from 50 down to 25 and that would be nice.

A change that needed to happen before this content went live was the revive and potion from little ammounts to percentages to make it actually like we have health when starting a fight (using saved up aq revives of the 1.6k hp kind seemed very idiotic/impossible to do anything when fighting Thanos).

130m health pool/10% damage cap/only two raid revives seems like a very poorly thought out implementation, also it stretched everything out and makes people feel like no progress is being made. With officers trying to get people to spend units (200 a pop for only 60% hp 🤮🤮🤮 for a guaranteed death at that!) because they feel that 7.5k 7* shards is worth it....

RNG rewards... Don't even need to share my opinion on that, it's been hammered down in this thread and countless others so far.

These are my thoughts so far.
  • Options
    Don7314Don7314 Posts: 10
    I think with a few small changes this mode will be much more enjoyable. Calm down the pierce by a lot. And one mistake dexing Maestro’s L1 should not have that much degen. Especially with the lag this game sees. My screen stutters on specials a lot and makes dexing specials impossible sometimes. And to die from full health sucks.
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★
    Don7314 said:

I think with a few small changes this mode will be much more enjoyable. Calm down the pierce by a lot. And one mistake dexing Maestro’s L1 should not have that much degen. Especially with the lag this game sees. My screen stutters on specials a lot and makes dexing specials impossible sometimes. And to die from full health sucks.

I still cant believe they had the audacity to give Maestro his black iso back after they took it away for the release of the champ
  • Options
    Sparhauk said:

I posted this after my original thread that was a little more critical was not on the forum. If it wasn't deleted, then apologies.

Was it more than just critical though. Like tending towards more abusive, conspiratorial, demeaning, etc ? (I’ll give you the benefit of the doubt, so probably is due to below..)

Or if not, could have been that when trying to do a couple times of Editing it after initial post tends to result in that initial post (like even with replies in another post after editing a reply more than once) getting auto-flagged as “Pending, Marked for Review”. Which if on weekend would take while for an actual person to get around to looking at. Which by then if they end up seeing (as is common) that new post or comment is just made by poster instead then original may not need to be re-showed since you already did another one discussing same thing. Part of that I’m guessing is sort of internal mechanism of the Forum system.

Which, sounds like original might have been lengthy, so did you go back in a couple times to do more edits afterwards ??
  • Options
    SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22
    Honestly, there's no world in which logging on 7 days in a row at the exact same time for me, and 2 people from around the globe, fighting 2 fights then hanging it up for 24 hours is ever going to be "fun".

I'll be avoiding it like incursions and battle grounds.
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★

Wozzle007 said:

Sparhauk said:

I mean in a way that doesn't end with our discussion just getting deleted, or getting a childish rebuke from a moderator?

Hey OP, if you want to provide feedback on the game mode, you can just do that. Take a look around, there's lots of direct feedback from players, and we're taking it all into account. We also don't just shut things down if people are critical of us. That's a false narrative that people have made up and try to cling to. There's a lot of critical feedback out there, and it's just as valid as the positive feedback.

We have A LOT of feedback to review, and we'll be sure to address as much as we can when we have something to say. The team is already looking at changes we can make going forward, and I want to thank everybody who gave actionable and constructive feedback. Don't expect to hear anything right away, but I want to work with the team to come up with something that we can share as sort of a mini-roadmap for changes you can expect in the short and long term of Raids.
    . Figuring out how to monetise it should be secondary. If people are having fun, they’ll always be a way to add monetary cost, but enjoyment first.
    I appreciate the sentiment, but can you honestly say you believe the community would be fine if Raids was completely free to begin with and then they added tons of ways to monetise it? That sounds like a disaster to me personally.

Unfortunately, fun and monetisation needs to be there at launch and then tweaks made if necessary. Adding monetisation later would cause a storm on the forums, and possibly kill the game mode in the eyes of the community
    I don’t mean free to begin with and monetise later after it’s been implemented and dropped in the game. I mean design it to be an enjoyable experience first as the core value of the game mode. It feels like the mode has been designed with someone thinking, how can we design this with as many ways to monetise this as possible. Then build it around that.
  • Options
    Loki_Poki1280Loki_Poki1280 Posts: 469 ★★★
    Wdym the Thanos block a hit mission is worse than maestro punish heavys and specials?

Just parry and it's gone. If u fight maestro, the weight of you goofing on a special and die is heavier than blocking a hit from thanos.

Both have pierce so blocked hits suck , but maestro is much harder. Especially since as the fight goes on longer, your more likely to mess up.

Not to mention that maestro gets his own passive furies the lower his health gets in combination with everything going on with the nodes as well.

Personally I feel like raids (assuming there won't be extra glory) is 6/10.

Of course alliance will need lots of coordination for this, but the rewards are solid. Also, the glory. Since it was a bug this time, I feel as if Kabam can implement this bug into the actual game to a smaller degree.

Only real problem with raids are the raid chests. They are simply put . . . Unfair.

The difficulty is just right imo. It's not hard, just need everyone on ur team to do their part.

Remove rng aspect and raids is 7.5-8/10,
    Increase the glory and raids is 9/10

At least for me. Also I've heard somewhere that Valiants don't have a Selector of their own. I'm not valiant (yet) but they should get a little extra. Their daily crystals are fire, but they should get more benefits outside that.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    edited January 23
    My suggestions are here, beside that, I really don't enjoy the pierce, I wouldn't go mad if Kabam decided to keep it but quite a few people (high percentage) can't take fight like that. I assume this game mode is not designed for hundreds of people, it's supposed to be designed for tens of thousands of people right? The current difficulty and cost are really just for hundreds of people, not sustainable for majority of players .

https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/358285/lets-be-constructive-and-talk-about-raid

And again, tuning RAID is one thing, a lot of good suggestions already. Giving out AQ revives and potions to compensate players for testing BETA RAID is also extremely important IMO.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 461 ★★★
    Final suggestion on RAID, Champion pool of Assault is really bad, Hulkbuster and Crossbone are the only two can work properly in all fights.
  • Options
    Steam97Steam97 Posts: 110 ★★
    I personally think that 2 revives per day is definitely not enough, considering the ramp up that needs to be done for every fight (maybe just find a way to save the ramp up from fight to fight or increase the number of free revives). This mode was advertised during the live streaming as possible to be done with only those free revives but considering the ramp up that is impossible. Then as others have said the block mission for thanos is literally impossible to do after a while in the fight with the pierce buffs. In addition to that, the ultron fight timer needs to be raised to 5 minutes and maybe he needs to be unawakened, that regen is not funny at all.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Lots of comments on this thread. Most are good.

I’ve made plenty elsewhere and am confident the team can search for them if they are willing.

Only thing I will reiterate here is this one: fix charge wiping. That’s a terrible feature.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    CertiCerti Posts: 6

Wdym the Thanos block a hit mission is worse than maestro punish heavys and specials?

Just parry and it's gone.

You die from parry.
  • Options
    SparhaukSparhauk Posts: 22
    So, on the Thanos block a hit mission. Simplest "fix" would be change it to "hit into block'.

I would like to see it a bit easier to push Maestro to SP2... So frustrating getting degened to death because the lag (running galaxy s23+) that happens frequently on his sp1.

I didn't get to face Kang in this mode...
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 5,986 ★★★★★
    Sparhauk said:

So, on the Thanos block a hit mission. Simplest "fix" would be change it to "hit into block'.

I would like to see it a bit easier to push Maestro to SP2... So frustrating getting degened to death because the lag (running galaxy s23+) that happens frequently on his sp1.

I didn't get to face Kang in this mode...

Kang is tuned like a baby compared to Thanos and Maestro
  • Options
    EBG78EBG78 Posts: 122 ★★
    If the difficulty doesn’t change significantly, the rewards should be for each BG that clears the map, every member that ran raids gets the per BG rewards. So if three BG’s clear the maps, everyone gets 6 25% T6C crystals, 3 T6B, 3 T3A, and 22,500 7* shards. Otherwise the work done, and items used, to clear just aren’t justified from the current rewards.
  • Options
    Corby11Corby11 Posts: 170
    I pretty much liked the raids and understand the intention was that it would be for a limited number of players but not really sure what Kabam felt that demographic would look like, Master level alliances, platinum level alliances etc? But overall I’m not sure why you would create niche content then make it accessible to everyone, why wouldn’t you introduce raids with threat levels similar to incursion rooms and the monthly EQ with appropriate levels of rewards to match if you wanted to give all players access?

I do think they need to keep pushing out content that only people at a top level can achieve otherwise what’s the point of releasing 7* champs and rank up material for them so I have no problem with there been content I can’t clear at my current progression level so my personal preference is rather than make the current version easier for all just introduce different tiers.

That been said if you kept the single tier but made it easier I won’t complain 😂😂.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,249 ★★★★★

IMO, Raids feel like an idea that made sense in theory but was created by a team that clearly doesn't have the experience of a normal player. I'm sure to some players, and I'm sure the team that created the mode, the 45 different tasks and nuances of Raids is super cool. To that 99% of players who want to go in a fight and have fun, it's terrible.

They re-introduced entry costs and waiting on ally mates to fight. Who though tit would be a good idea to revert back to what the community hated? That in and of itself is a complete failure.

I don't think Raids are aimed at the 99%. I will admit I've seen a number of issues, and people have discussed them, so I don't need to reiterate them. However, not all of it is a miss. It's meant to be a group effort. It's meant to be hard. I don't think it's for the majority of Players. I think it's for the top percentage.
  • Options
    DerpyEagleDerpyEagle Posts: 455 ★★★
    I put up 32 million points(almost half the alliance) and pulled catalysts from all 3 chests :( The rng aspect of the chests are upright terrible
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    @Kabam Miike I would create to modes of entry to the game. 1 totally free, no tickets no anything. 2nd mode of entry £5 per round of raids. I would create a store instead of having the chests. Those who enter free get decent rewards. Those who pay, get an additional item or 2. But the draw for them is after 3 completed raids, they have to clear the Ultron boss they can acquire 7* OG Labyrinth of Legends Ultron. You give this Ultron a buff so his awakened ability really matters and people want to dupe him.

Then after 12 months you change the Ultron Boss to the brand new Infinity Ultron, as per Marvel What If!!!! INFINITY ULTRON! People paid for Morbius, they are paying Infinity Ultron. After beating the Infinity Ultron boss 4 or 6 times the paid ticket entry can quite him via the store. Now tell me people won’t want to pay for this.

We already dual tracks, I don’t think overall people with have a problem with this.

You can then strip out all the annoying mechanics like 10% death, Pierce on boss requiring being blocked, tone down the SP1 degen of Maestro, increase free revives from 2 to 4. Reduce the cost of the 200 unit revive to 100 units, increase the health of the pots available via the glory store. If people think clearing the map is achievable, they’ll pay for the ticket to enter to get the extra super awesome rewards.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,482 ★★★★
    I would suggest doing it calmy and constructively. Try to use "I" statements. Be concise and clear.
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 194 ★★
    Sparhauk said:

Wozzle007 said:

Sparhauk said:

I mean in a way that doesn't end with our discussion just getting deleted, or getting a childish rebuke from a moderator?

Hey OP, if you want to provide feedback on the game mode, you can just do that. Take a look around, there's lots of direct feedback from players, and we're taking it all into account. We also don't just shut things down if people are critical of us. That's a false narrative that people have made up and try to cling to. There's a lot of critical feedback out there, and it's just as valid as the positive feedback.

We have A LOT of feedback to review, and we'll be sure to address as much as we can when we have something to say. The team is already looking at changes we can make going forward, and I want to thank everybody who gave actionable and constructive feedback. Don't expect to hear anything right away, but I want to work with the team to come up with something that we can share as sort of a mini-roadmap for changes you can expect in the short and long term of Raids.
    I’m not a games developer and this is a genuine question. Is it not easier for the developers to get it right first time, then it is implement something that has so many substantial issues that it requires road map to fix? I’m thinking this is a very similar situation to Battle Grounds implementation.

I appreciate the game can’t be developed by committee. It just seems that a large portion of the player base could have provided the game team with some insight into the pitfalls of the game design long before it was released. The team could then choose what feedback to adopt or ignore. It can’t be good a feeling to see something brand new in the game so universally criticised. This comes off the back of a massive win from Necropolis to give some balance. But original Battle Grounds was poorly received, July 4th massively overtuned, Necropolis was great, Cyber Week undertuned, Banquet undertuned, Raids poorly received. It feels like there is a disconnect between Kabams aims and what players want. I don’t think the answer is the players need to get over it, but I do think Kabam needs to have more of what there customers want (both FTP and paying) at the heart of game design. Figuring out how to monetise it should be secondary. If people are having fun, they’ll always be a way to add monetary cost, but enjoyment first.
    I am a software developer, not specifically games, but complicated financial software. And I guarantee the developers is not where this thing went off the rails. The project manager likely didn't have fully realized requirements from the game designers. The QA team clearly didn't have any sort of basic matrix of failure scenarios to test. My guess is there was a C suite exec that thought this would drive revenues, and rammed it rough shod through the poor people tasked with implementing it. That's typically where all software goes wrong.
    Industrial software developer here, totally agree that they are pushing content out too quickly with no proper testing. I think that is exactly what everyone is saying. Kabam seem like they are in trouble financially to have to sacrifice quality for quantity.

It is the exact same story with pushing out so many new characters. There are so many old character interactions that are still bugged and they are still releasing new ones. I recon it would be all spaghetti code, that's why its easier to just release it and see what breaks
  • Options
    VenoweenVenoween Posts: 116

JoseOk said:

Here’s a suggestion, remove the dang piercing. It does way too much damage… don’t have nodes that require getting hit on the block.

And it should be more like 5 free Revives a day. You donkeys!!

What have donkeys done to deserve this?
    The big ears are oppressive. Lol