Options

Poor people who write story

Just thought about these people at Kabam who write story for every monthly quest and who wrote all the rest of the story for the game. How are they? Do they pour their soul into it?
I imagine not many people read it... I used to when I started, like for a few weeks or so and never more. I doubt many people read the story for the quests...

So just interested to know, how much of the time the team spend on the story side of the game? Are they passionate about it?
I just thought of them as "poor", because if they pour their hearts into it and nobody reads it... I felt sad for them :(

Comments

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,211 ★★★★
    Act 8 lore was fire tho, I liked reading through it
  • Options
    I always accidentally skip the dialogue without thinking. I used to read it all the time. I miss reading it.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,734 Guardian
    I literally will just do 1 run of TB EQ for the story most months
  • Options
    ahmynutsahmynuts Posts: 6,158 ★★★★★
    We have jack black at home is a really cool guy. Wish we saw him more
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,070 ★★★★★
    I always read the story on my first pass through content. When I accidentally skip it, I’ll fully close the app just to refresh it and get a chance to see it.
  • Options
    laserjohn26laserjohn26 Posts: 1,510 ★★★★★
    They don't work for free. The writers might not be millionaires but no need to call them poor.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,453 ★★★★
    Igozorus said:

Are they passionate about it?
    I just thought of them as "poor", because if they pour their hearts into it and nobody reads it... I felt sad for them :(

If they're freelance, it's one of many thankless gigs writing copy no one reads, but with some silly Marvel IP to make it more fun than, say, spec scripts for CSI: Bumf*** or Buzzfeed lists. As long as the check clears and they're not replaced by AI, it's a job.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,726 ★★★★★
    I read the story, once, then I skip it for every other pass.

The writing is mostly top notch work.
  • Options
    Rohit_316Rohit_316 Posts: 3,388 ★★★★★
    edited January 24
    Never ever read the story except few dialogues here and there. It's not that interesting either . It's also a complete waste of time because people anyways spend lot of time playing the game.

Anyone who has been reading them for years is either unemployed who has lotta free time or a total marvel freak .
  • Options
    FrostGiantLordFrostGiantLord Posts: 1,663 ★★★★
    o_o said:

Some of us read all the dialogue and enjoy doing so. I’m sure we’re a minority, but we exist :)

Indeed we do. We are facing imminent extinction, but we're still clinging on
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★
    Rohit_316 said:

Never ever read the story except few dialogues here and there. It's not that interesting either . It's also a complete waste of time because people anyways spend lot of time playing the game.

Anyone who has been reading them for years is either unemployed who has lotta free time or a total marvel freak .

Such a short post, but you were able to be wrong in it so much
  • Options
    CaptainaidenCaptainaiden Posts: 805 ★★★

Like Mysterio’s absolutely brutal line here.

This was actually so funny when I originally saw it, that I made it a sticker on Discord.

I want the chair one!!!
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,726 ★★★★★
    edited January 24
    Rohit_316 said:

I spent more time watching the spinny "I don't feel like loading yet" icon and it's friend, the "nah bro, it's not me it's you" connection dropout than I ever have reading the dialogue.

Given you've nearly caught up to my post count, with 3 years less time on the forum I think you're either unemployed, have a lot of free time or you're a total marvel freak.

• Options
    713_o_f1673r713_o_f1673r Posts: 144
    Rohit_316 said:

Not surprised about this horrible take. People harshly judge others for simple things that harms no one.
  • Options
    KerneasKerneas Posts: 3,750 ★★★★★
    I read the main Story closely, that one's a banger.

SQ I used to read until I noticed a pattern. Either way you will end up fighting the new champ, so depending on their standing:

Villain - this new champ has some evil plot, kick their butt to stop them

Hero - they are either possessed, lost sight of who's friend or not, or they just wanna test your strength.

Mercenary - something between the previous two.

So it is enough to read the first dialogue and then the boss ones.
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 842 ★★★★
    I personally read all of the story , makes the gameplay more immersive and if I'm being honest the story team does a pretty good job on them
  • Options
    PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 842 ★★★★
    edited January 24
    Kerneas said:

I read the main Story closely, that one's a banger.

SQ I used to read until I noticed a pattern. Either way you will end up fighting the new champ, so depending on their standing:

Villain - this new champ has some evil plot, kick their butt to stop them

Hero - they are either possessed, lost sight of who's friend or not, or they just wanna test your strength.

Mercenary - something between the previous two.

So it is enough to read the first dialogue and then the boss ones.

You forgot another one
    The Hero you're fighting is ACTUALLY an adaptoid, scrull or some evil variant
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,298 ★★★★★
    edited January 24
    Rohit_316 said:

Simple guide on how to farm disagrees on forum by Rohit_316.

Horrible take bro, You can't label something entirely waste/trash when someone's entire paycheck revolves around that.