**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Un-nerf the past

As the game grows, the love of the past remains. Kabam...are you happy that no one uses Dr. Strange after his nerfing, rendering him useless? Why can't he be restored in this current meta? We know you go about evening things out by countering an ability. Other champs can do what he did, so why not give it back to him and tune him up?

Reward the past, undue the nerf, tune up Scarlet Witch classic to how she was and lets see how she does with the game in its current version. Scarlet Witch Sigil is cool and all and her ability can be very unstable, so why can't classic be unstable the other way?

OG Thor would be so fun to use pre-nerf. The current game has many champs that are gamebreakers...

I'm wondering, has un-nerfing the past been discussed or considered? Maybe a rebalancing to bring some of their former glory back making them useful again?

Me personally, I love Scarlet Witch classic, so when she dropped as a 6*, regardless of nerf, I couldn't wait to pull her. When I did, i ranked her up to R5 as fast as I could, and recently ascended, but the procs just aren't the same and should be %20 again.

As a day 1 player of this game, many of us stuck it out from 12.0 thinking that maybe one day, this game would counter what those old champs could do and restore them to how we loved and enjoyed...but that hasn't happened...yet. When rebalancing/overhauling program started, I'm sure there was some of us that thought the past legendary champs would get that treatment. I still hold out hope one day they will.

How many share in these thoughts and would love to see it? I'd pay for that ability to restore them, personally.

Comments

• Options
    TheHercTheHerc Posts: 48

You're like the one millionth person to suggest this. 12.0 can't be reversed. A big factor in that is the change to diminishing returns.

It's time to fully accept it and move on.

What happened with 12.0?
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,941 ★★★★
    edited January 27
    TheHerc said:

You're like the one millionth person to suggest this. 12.0 can't be reversed. A big factor in that is the change to diminishing returns.

What happened with 12.0?
    Thor, Dr Strange and Scarlet Witch were nerfed to the ground. Dr Strange's life-steal was also decreased by a lot, he used to have 100% perfect block in the armor stance. Scarlet Witch could stun lock the opponent and keep them permanently power drained, and Thor's armor breaks could stack a lot, all the way to the negatives. Even a 4 star Thor was able to one shot Realm of Legends bosses such as Winter Soldier and Captain Marvel. There were also some other changes such as no more perfect block teams, diminishing returns, as well as minor nerfs such as Black Widow (OG)'s sig ability decrease.

By the way, check out this.
    https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=E2So_BkC9ro&ab_channel=T-stars

(still waiting for Dr Strange's rework)
  • Options
    XtremeMachineXtremeMachine Posts: 43
    I didn't even care about the stun lock 🔒, it was all about tasting the rainbow 🌈 of buffs! Thanks for sharing that vid, was great to see former glory again.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 804 ★★★
    edited January 27
    You forgot about OG Black Widow. Yes Thor and Scarlet Witch were way too strong back in the day so they needed a tune down although Thor could get a tune up and make his damage comparable to Cull Obsidian. I however agree on Dr.strange he's totally useless at the current stage but because of the new system since 12.0 he cannot be brought back the way he was. Dr.Strange and Black Widow need a buff because they suffered badly in 12.0. If they get buffed it'll be a complete overhaul.
  • Options
    This post is more to focus on Strange, regardless of what I want. I think we can agree Strange needs retuning.
  • Options
    @Nightheart I did explain OG Black Widow and say that it was a minor change.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 804 ★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

@Nightheart I did explain OG Black Widow and say that it was a minor change.

Okay thanks @EdisonLaw
  • Options

You forgot about OG Black Widow. Yes Thor and Scarlet Witch were way too strong back in the day so they needed a tune down although Thor could get a tune up and make his damage comparable to Cull Obsidian. I however agree on Dr.strange he's totally useless at the current stage but because of the new system since 12.0 he cannot be brought back the way he was. Dr.Strange and Black Widow need a buff because they suffered badly in 12.0. If they get buffed it'll be a complete overhaul.

I didn't include BW because I wanted the focus to be on Strange and 12.0. Since you mentioned her, yes absolutely un-nerf her too! Include all the ones you'd like to see un-nerfed! Many have a strong case to be retuned.
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★
    Don't forget the "perfect block" team...that I never rgot to use because I didn't pull a 4* cyclops in time.
  • Options
    To those that "disagree" do you ever imagine what having these champs restored and using in the current state of the game would be like? Going up against these huge health pools. To see if they could stand the test of time.

I use my SW(C) in current and we know she still can, but we ALL know Strange cannot.
  • Options

To those that "disagree" do you ever imagine what having these champs restored and using in the current state of the game would be like? Going up against these huge health pools. To see if they could stand the test of time.

I use my SW(C) in current and we know she still can, but we ALL know Strange cannot.

I agree that Widow and Strange need buffs. Even pre-nerf Strange wouldn't be OP today since there are a lot more crazy mystic champions. However pre nerf Thor and Witch would probably be a bit too OP
  • Options

Don't forget the "perfect block" team...that I never rgot to use because I didn't pull a 4* cyclops in time.

We knew that "leadership synergy" was going to be reduced or removed, kabam wasn't making any money off that, lol. I have no hope of that being restored, but you can dream! Its nice that they left us with a few champs that can take no damage from blocking, but nothing was like that synergy.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 846 ★★★
    Literally admitted to having AI being jerked. Tell me it won’t be broke again.
  • Options
    EdisonLaw said:

I agree that Widow and Strange need buffs. Even pre-nerf Strange wouldn't be OP today since there are a lot more crazy mystic champions. However pre nerf Thor and Witch would probably be a bit too OP
    But if they were retuned...limited...they wouldn't be gamebreaking and still be fun again. Current state Thor, no one wants that. Give him a tune-up and make it reasonable to the power and strength he should have.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,675 Guardian

The game would lose its fun and would die if they returned. They make herc look like drax. AW would be instantly destroyed, BGs wouldn't be fun, and content would just stop being created because the devs aren't going to make quests if those champions exist in the game. Without content, the game will straight-up die.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,039 ★★★★★
    Emilia90 said:

Thor won’t be changed back even if they change his armor breaks to 4 again. SW would still be too busted. I do think that Strange deserves a buff though

It wouldn't matter if they gave him the ability to stack 4 armor breaks. They fixed it to where you can't have negative armor which was what made Thor so good back then. Thor literally can never return to pre 12.0 days.
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,318 ★★★★★
    Buffing the old champs bring no revenue, so forget about it.
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 570 ★★★
    PT_99 said:

Instead of awakening gems they'll add buffing gems. So to access the buff you first need one of these gems.
  • Options
    Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Posts: 1,346 ★★★★
    OG Thor would still ruin the game now. You'd be able to get necropolis fights down in a few hits.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,022 ★★★★
    That'd be boring... I don't want a strange who might be very strong but with old abilities, I mean, these boring armor up and fury and just some life steal... boring, instead, Strange needs a serious buff with an Eye of Agammoto passive from his dupe, imo
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,781 ★★★★★
    PT_99 said:

Og iron man juggernaut and others would like a word with you.
  • Options
    zuffyzuffy Posts: 2,149 ★★★★★
    TheHerc said:

What happened with 12.0?
    The snap happened
  • Options
    PT_99 said:

No revenue?!! Are you insane? When they were releasing 6* SW(C) they made a boat load. Considered just a trophy 🏆 champ at that time too.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    SW would be by far the best champ in the game if they brought her back, thor would be 2nd best. Strange would probably be 3rd? him or herc