**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules isn't getting nerfed

Comments

• Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    Hercule Poirot?
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian

Don't know where demonzfyre gets his facts from but should read and then reread kabam mikes posts bc there was a big word missing in one of them and that word being (Not) as In not being nerfed. Don't go off on proff hoff he did it right and did his research you didn't.

Reading is difficult, I get it.

• Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

Pikolu said:

Don't know where demonzfyre gets his facts from but should read and then reread kabam mikes posts bc there was a big word missing in one of them and that word being (Not) as In not being nerfed. Don't go off on proff hoff he did it right and did his research you didn't.

Reading is difficult, I get it.

You gotta admit the "Yet" part gives the tinfoil hat army a bit of reason to think they are the illuminati though...
    Its implied it will happen eventually for sure. Should have specified this change would only be targeted to a 7* version of hercules instead of starting a panic.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Stop paying attention to global chat.

Let me preface by saying I have a R5 Ascended Hercules. Why? For AQ. Hercules is an extremely OP champion. The unfortunate consequence of the perfect design is that it slows the learning of nodes in the game that newer to moderately newer players need to understand how they work.

Kabam will likely never touch his kit and abilities but will probably introduce nodes to counter immortality. But it's not like they're sitting at their work desks planning this right now.

This all started because of misinformation from the Livestreams. People heard what they wanted to hear and are spreading fake information. Even with Miike's comment on the other thread that everyone can see, things persisted.

Then Prof Hoff gets involved and instead of using his influence, he makes it all worse, makes a video before doing any research and basically adds to the panic his subscribers already had.

You're safe to continue using your crutch in the game. At least try and branch out. This game has tons of amazing champions. But as long as the focus is on Hercules, Silver Centurion will continue to secretly still be the best champion in the game and more OP than Hercules. 😏

No one only focuses on Herc. They love him as a champ.

He works for Kabam, he should watch what he says and shouldn't threaten the player base. If any of my employees ever threatened my clients they wouldn't have a job. He needs to grow up. You can't post something that riles up the community and then say I didn't say that. Own what you said and apologize. I don't think he's a bad person but he's been involved in several PR nightmares because he responds emotionally. He needs to calm down before responding.
    He's not responsible for people taking anything and everything and then running with it. For that matter, he is entitled to his own opinion. He recognizes just how broken Herc is. People would be foolish not to admit that.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Let me preface by saying I have a R5 Ascended Hercules. Why? For AQ. Hercules is an extremely OP champion. The unfortunate consequence of the perfect design is that it slows the learning of nodes in the game that newer to moderately newer players need to understand how they work.

Kabam will likely never touch his kit and abilities but will probably introduce nodes to counter immortality. But it's not like they're sitting at their work desks planning this right now.

This all started because of misinformation from the Livestreams. People heard what they wanted to hear and are spreading fake information. Even with Miike's comment on the other thread that everyone can see, things persisted.

Then Prof Hoff gets involved and instead of using his influence, he makes it all worse, makes a video before doing any research and basically adds to the panic his subscribers already had.

You're safe to continue using your crutch in the game. At least try and branch out. This game has tons of amazing champions. But as long as the focus is on Hercules, Silver Centurion will continue to secretly still be the best champion in the game and more OP than Hercules. 😏

He works for Kabam, he should watch what he says and shouldn't threaten the player base. If any of my employees ever threatened my clients they wouldn't have a job. He needs to grow up. You can't post something that riles up the community and then say I didn't say that. Own what you said and apologize. I don't think he's a bad person but he's been involved in several PR nightmares because he responds emotionally. He needs to calm down before responding.
    He's not responsible for people taking anything and everything and then running with it. For that matter, he is entitled to his own opinion. He recognizes just how broken Herc is. People would be foolish not to admit that.
    He's responsible for what he posts on behalf of Kamab. He's an employee. You can't just say whatever you want when you're employed by someone. If he owned Kabam then have at it. He doesn't though, so he has to be careful with what he says and how he says it. Threatening to revert old champ buffs is childish and can hurt revenues for Kabam. It's not smart at all.
    Wow so you got the terms of his employment?...
    Would be funny that you know about the existence of a non disclosure agreement, being that it can't be disclosed...
    That makes no sense at all? What does a non-disclosure agreement have anything to do with this?
    That you don't know what he is allowed or not allowed to do...
    Anyway what is the point of your constant whining?..
    Do you want compensation for the emotional distress that the possibility of nerfing Herc caused you?
    They already said it won't be nerfed, if you want accountability I dunno.. mail Kabam HQ
    I think it was pretty clear I'd like him to watch what he says and not respond emotionally to protect himself.
    You realize Miike is probably the most senior employee at kabam over mcoc right? Also you act like a nerf to herc would make him useless which it wouldn't. The nerf would probably just make him harder to use like having his special intercept actually require to be an intercept. He has a fun skill-based kit with too much safety built in to it. I'd also like to have his immortality not get paused while you're attacking so you can still use it every fight, but not get 30+ seconds of fighting from it.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,318 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Who actually thought he was getting nerfed lmfao istg this community sometimes

People that watch prof hoff.
    They really had to get Miike to work on the weekend for this lmfao
    It’s his mess to fix though. He started that post with “We do want to nerf Hercules, and there is no time limit on when that can happen.” It was pretty much guaranteed that someone would take that line and run with it, ignoring the next sentence where he says there are no plans to do so.

Those of us who follow the forums closely know this Herc OP debate and understood what he was saying. But in a world where YouTubers who will remain nameless (*cough cough*) twist and distort things for clicks, the best move might have been to just say we have no plans to nerf Herc, full stop.
    It's not his fault. People took what Jax and Aiden were saying and heard something completely different. it snowballed into what's happened these past few days.

This is what I’m referring to. The messaging could have been a lot clearer - all he needed to say was “we have no plans to do that at this time.”
    It literally says "we have no plans for that at this time" on the second sentence what do you mean? Lol
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Dang it they started with the approval require to post...
    People are so bent out of shape over nothing really...
    Lets see was Herc a good champ for the latest Everest content?.. answer is NO...
    So, what exactly are you so worried about if they eventually nerfed Herc?..
    War? He was banned or blacklisted more times that I can remember...
    AQ? Yeah he is like the new Corvus I guess...
    Everest content? Doubt he will ever be useful again since EoP
    Story?... Don't remember using him much on act 8... You haven't completed other acts? Well get going you got Herc ffs lol
    Get a real problem lol...
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Pikolu said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

He literally didn't say they were going to nerf herc. He said they want to nerf him. There is a huge difference between want, and going to.
    He said they aren't going to nerf him yet. Implying it will happen. You can try to spin it anyway you want but words have meanings and can induce panic. Dude just needs to chill out and respond better.
    You're going to panic if they nerf Herc? Are you that bad at the game?
  • Options
    o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

It’s his mess to fix though. He started that post with “We do want to nerf Hercules, and there is no time limit on when that can happen.” It was pretty much guaranteed that someone would take that line and run with it, ignoring the next sentence where he says there are no plans to do so.

Those of us who follow the forums closely know this Herc OP debate and understood what he was saying. But in a world where YouTubers who will remain nameless (*cough cough*) twist and distort things for clicks, the best move might have been to just say we have no plans to nerf Herc, full stop.
    It's not his fault. People took what Jax and Aiden were saying and heard something completely different. it snowballed into what's happened these past few days.

This is what I’m referring to. The messaging could have been a lot clearer - all he needed to say was “we have no plans to do that at this time.”
    It literally says "we have no plans for that at this time" on the second sentence what do you mean? Lol
    Yes, my point is that’s all he needed to say - the rest just muddles things. There are no plans to nerf Herc at this time, so lead with that, not with “we do want to nerf Herc.”
    My employees always want a raise.. doesn't mean its gonna happen...
  • Options
    You guys should panic if they nerfed Aegon and fix the combo meter on pause quit... Just saying 🤣
  • Options
    o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Yes, my point is that’s all he needed to say - the rest just muddles things. There are no plans to nerf Herc at this time, so lead with that, not with “we do want to nerf Herc.”
    I mean, I get what you're saying but the same was said about Quake and Magik and they didn't end up getting nerfed, I think Miike was just trying to be as honest as possible since that's what people always want from Kabam, honesty. I don't think it's fair being mad at Miike for being as honest as possible, they want to nerf Herc and they've thought about it but there aren't any plans at the moment. They can't just straight up say no that will never happen if that's the answer people are expecting cause eventually they probably will have to unless people are okay with him dying with that 6* status the same way Quake and Magik died with the 5* status. Can you imagine the backlash if Miike said no never gonna happen and then they nerfed Herc at some point?
This discussion has been closed.