**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules isn't getting nerfed

Comments

• Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Stop paying attention to global chat.

Let me preface by saying I have a R5 Ascended Hercules. Why? For AQ. Hercules is an extremely OP champion. The unfortunate consequence of the perfect design is that it slows the learning of nodes in the game that newer to moderately newer players need to understand how they work.

Kabam will likely never touch his kit and abilities but will probably introduce nodes to counter immortality. But it's not like they're sitting at their work desks planning this right now.

This all started because of misinformation from the Livestreams. People heard what they wanted to hear and are spreading fake information. Even with Miike's comment on the other thread that everyone can see, things persisted.

Then Prof Hoff gets involved and instead of using his influence, he makes it all worse, makes a video before doing any research and basically adds to the panic his subscribers already had.

You're safe to continue using your crutch in the game. At least try and branch out. This game has tons of amazing champions. But as long as the focus is on Hercules, Silver Centurion will continue to secretly still be the best champion in the game and more OP than Hercules. 😏

No one only focuses on Herc. They love him as a champ.

He works for Kabam, he should watch what he says and shouldn't threaten the player base. If any of my employees ever threatened my clients they wouldn't have a job. He needs to grow up. You can't post something that riles up the community and then say I didn't say that. Own what you said and apologize. I don't think he's a bad person but he's been involved in several PR nightmares because he responds emotionally. He needs to calm down before responding.
    The community threatens Miike and Kabam all the time. Grow some thicker skin.
    The community doesn't work for Kabam and can get banned if they make threats. Right?
    Doesn't matter for any of that. It's not like he's cussing at you, pushing you, making fun of your mom or anything. Telling him to "respond better" is just ridiculous.

He didn't write in all caps or anything of the sort. He made a few comments and people twists his words and then tell him he needs to do better.
    How is it ridiculous? To look out for someone. This all could've been avoided if he responded something like that's how I feel but I worded it poorly then clarify and deescalate the situation instead of saying we can and will do what we want when we want.
  • Options
    Cryptoman78Cryptoman78 Posts: 27

My question is why is the community manager on X (twitter) about having the power to stop buffing old champs and or reversing those buffs ?

Someone take that dudes keyboard away and have him go on a vacation or something. He is going to have the community in and uproar over nonsense.

What?
    Not sure what you don’t get.. check his twitter replies
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    Wow, this post just got nasty. The pro Prof Hoff fans have been unleashed. There's no reasoning with them since they will take very negative words like say "yet" and argue that it's going to happen. Mike is trying to be transparent which the Pro Prof Hoff supporters keep saying they want Kabam to be more. But if the transparency isn't 100% pro player move, the pitch forks come out. We all know that if the balancing program was around, Herc would have nerf 100% for sure. Mike even said this himself, being transparent. Wish everyone would just calm down and realize that biggest nerf that's going to happen to Herc is that he will never see the day as a 7 star and will get left behind when 7 stars rank 5 comes out. Look at Quake, nobody says just Quake it anymore when 6 stars rank 4 as available.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,296 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Pikolu said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Let me preface by saying I have a R5 Ascended Hercules. Why? For AQ. Hercules is an extremely OP champion. The unfortunate consequence of the perfect design is that it slows the learning of nodes in the game that newer to moderately newer players need to understand how they work.

Kabam will likely never touch his kit and abilities but will probably introduce nodes to counter immortality. But it's not like they're sitting at their work desks planning this right now.

This all started because of misinformation from the Livestreams. People heard what they wanted to hear and are spreading fake information. Even with Miike's comment on the other thread that everyone can see, things persisted.

Then Prof Hoff gets involved and instead of using his influence, he makes it all worse, makes a video before doing any research and basically adds to the panic his subscribers already had.

You're safe to continue using your crutch in the game. At least try and branch out. This game has tons of amazing champions. But as long as the focus is on Hercules, Silver Centurion will continue to secretly still be the best champion in the game and more OP than Hercules. 😏

He works for Kabam, he should watch what he says and shouldn't threaten the player base. If any of my employees ever threatened my clients they wouldn't have a job. He needs to grow up. You can't post something that riles up the community and then say I didn't say that. Own what you said and apologize. I don't think he's a bad person but he's been involved in several PR nightmares because he responds emotionally. He needs to calm down before responding.
    He literally didn't say they were going to nerf herc. He said they want to nerf him. There is a huge difference between want, and going to.
    He said they aren't going to nerf him yet. Implying it will happen. You can try to spin it anyway you want but words have meanings and can induce panic. Dude just needs to chill out and respond better.
    You're going to panic if they nerf Herc? Are you that bad at the game?
    I'm so confused where did I say I was panicking? I barely use herc. Go ahead find where I'm upset or think he's getting nerfed. I never said any of it. I'll make some popcorn and wait. 😀
    You somehow took what he said as a threat (it wasn't) and got your panties in a bunch. Read all your replies, it's obvious you're upset lol
    Whats that rule about personal attacks on the forums? Saying panties in a bunch is a very misogynistic thing to say. Are you assuming my gender?
    Straw man time? Figures
    Personal attacks are against forum rules. You aren't contributing anything meaningful to the topic just attacking people trying to create a hostile environment.
    You're going to double down with the straw man instead of answering my actual response? Figures
    Also, nobody here called you any names or sent a personal attack, I just said you're mad which is true. If you want to interpret what I said as misogynistic when that wasn't my intention of course then I don't know what to tell you, buy a helmet?
  • Options

o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Who actually thought he was getting nerfed lmfao istg this community sometimes

People that watch prof hoff.
    They really had to get Miike to work on the weekend for this lmfao
    It’s his mess to fix though. He started that post with “We do want to nerf Hercules, and there is no time limit on when that can happen.” It was pretty much guaranteed that someone would take that line and run with it, ignoring the next sentence where he says there are no plans to do so.

Those of us who follow the forums closely know this Herc OP debate and understood what he was saying. But in a world where YouTubers who will remain nameless (*cough cough*) twist and distort things for clicks, the best move might have been to just say we have no plans to nerf Herc, full stop.
    It's not his fault. People took what Jax and Aiden were saying and heard something completely different. it snowballed into what's happened these past few days.

This is what I’m referring to. The messaging could have been a lot clearer - all he needed to say was “we have no plans to do that at this time.”
    It literally says "we have no plans for that at this time" on the second sentence what do you mean? Lol
    Yes, my point is that’s all he needed to say - the rest just muddles things. There are no plans to nerf Herc at this time, so lead with that, not with “we do want to nerf Herc.”
    I mean, I get what you're saying but the same was said about Quake and Magik and they didn't end up getting nerfed, I think Miike was just trying to be as honest as possible since that's what people always want from Kabam, honesty. I don't think it's fair being mad at Miike for being as honest as possible, they want to nerf Herc and they've thought about it but there aren't any plans at the moment. They can't just straight up say no that will never happen if that's the answer people are expecting cause eventually they probably will have to unless people are okay with him dying with that 6* status the same way Quake and Magik died with the 5* status. Can you imagine the backlash if Miike said no never gonna happen and then they nerfed Herc at some point?
    I think the player base wants transparency and not opinions. You can be as honest as you want, but providing no evidence of anything actually happening can be seen as problematic. If the team don’t have good communication with one another, then i would see the “we are working with the team to figure this out” being the logical response even if it gets backlash. If you dont have an answer, its best not to make one, even if its an estimate as players will interpret that the wrong way as well.
    What he said wasn't an opinion though was it? He said "we", as in the devs, have thought about nerfing him and do want to nerf him but there are no plans for that at the moment. How is that an opinion and not transparency? Cause the way I see it they are being as transparent as they can possibly be, they have discussed the possibility but have decided not to do it for the time being.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

It’s his mess to fix though. He started that post with “We do want to nerf Hercules, and there is no time limit on when that can happen.” It was pretty much guaranteed that someone would take that line and run with it, ignoring the next sentence where he says there are no plans to do so.

Those of us who follow the forums closely know this Herc OP debate and understood what he was saying. But in a world where YouTubers who will remain nameless (*cough cough*) twist and distort things for clicks, the best move might have been to just say we have no plans to nerf Herc, full stop.
    It's not his fault. People took what Jax and Aiden were saying and heard something completely different. it snowballed into what's happened these past few days.

This is what I’m referring to. The messaging could have been a lot clearer - all he needed to say was “we have no plans to do that at this time.”
    It literally says "we have no plans for that at this time" on the second sentence what do you mean? Lol
    Yes, my point is that’s all he needed to say - the rest just muddles things. There are no plans to nerf Herc at this time, so lead with that, not with “we do want to nerf Herc.”
    I mean, I get what you're saying but the same was said about Quake and Magik and they didn't end up getting nerfed, I think Miike was just trying to be as honest as possible since that's what people always want from Kabam, honesty. I don't think it's fair being mad at Miike for being as honest as possible, they want to nerf Herc and they've thought about it but there aren't any plans at the moment. They can't just straight up say no that will never happen if that's the answer people are expecting cause eventually they probably will have to unless people are okay with him dying with that 6* status the same way Quake and Magik died with the 5* status. Can you imagine the backlash if Miike said no never gonna happen and then they nerfed Herc at some point?
    I know. I have no issues with the points he was making; I just think he could have made them more clearly.

I made that observation way back, in a more innocent time (almost three hours ago), before this thread devolved into a full-on flame war
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★

o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

I think the player base wants transparency and not opinions. You can be as honest as you want, but providing no evidence of anything actually happening can be seen as problematic. If the team don’t have good communication with one another, then i would see the “we are working with the team to figure this out” being the logical response even if it gets backlash. If you dont have an answer, its best not to make one, even if its an estimate as players will interpret that the wrong way as well.
    What he said wasn't an opinion though was it? He said "we", as in the devs, have thought about nerfing him and do want to nerf him but there are no plans for that at the moment. How is that an opinion and not transparency? Cause the way I see it they are being as transparent as they can possibly be, they have discussed the possibility but have decided not to do it for the time being.
    Change “Want” with “Will”
    One approach is direct, one approach isn’t. This isn’t debatable.
  • Options

o_o said:

o_o said:

o_o said:

ahmynuts said:

ahmynuts said:

Change “Want” with “Will”
    One approach is direct, one approach isn’t. This isn’t debatable.
    That doesn't change the fact that this isn't an opinion though, this is something they've discussed as a team and they're being transparent about what has been discussed. I don't get what you're trying to get to tbh.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,253 ★★★★★
    Wanting to isn't news. They've communicated the fact that he would have been on the chopping block had he not just missed the new balance program. This is just character assassination, and I'm not standing for it.
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,176 ★★★★
    This post needs to be closed asap, it's now getting into personal attacks. Some with the power to close forum post please shut it down.
  • Options
    We don't employ Miike, and unless we do, it's not appropriate for us to say what he should and shouldn't say.
  • Options
    xLunatiXxxLunatiXx Posts: 1,148 ★★★★★
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

He's not responsible for people taking anything and everything and then running with it. For that matter, he is entitled to his own opinion. He recognizes just how broken Herc is. People would be foolish not to admit that.
    He's responsible for what he posts on behalf of Kamab. He's an employee. You can't just say whatever you want when you're employed by someone. If he owned Kabam then have at it. He doesn't though, so he has to be careful with what he says and how he says it. Threatening to revert old champ buffs is childish and can hurt revenues for Kabam. It's not smart at all.
    Wow so you got the terms of his employment?...
    Would be funny that you know about the existence of a non disclosure agreement, being that it can't be disclosed...
    That makes no sense at all? What does a non-disclosure agreement have anything to do with this?
    That you don't know what he is allowed or not allowed to do...
    Anyway what is the point of your constant whining?..
    Do you want compensation for the emotional distress that the possibility of nerfing Herc caused you?
    They already said it won't be nerfed, if you want accountability I dunno.. mail Kabam HQ
    I think it was pretty clear I'd like him to watch what he says and not respond emotionally to protect himself.
    Not a first unfortunately
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

Friendly reminder for everyone to play nice with each other, you don't want big papa Jax to wake up on Monday and have to deliver a lot of warnings to many people on here. Let bygones be bygones and stop engaging with each other.

Precisely. Some people get too comfortable with the insults. Kabam Jax needs a raise haha
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Pikolu said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

He literally didn't say they were going to nerf herc. He said they want to nerf him. There is a huge difference between want, and going to.
    He said they aren't going to nerf him yet. Implying it will happen. You can try to spin it anyway you want but words have meanings and can induce panic. Dude just needs to chill out and respond better.
    I'm so confused where did I say I was panicking? I barely use herc. Go ahead find where I'm upset or think he's getting nerfed. I never said any of it. I'll make some popcorn and wait. 😀
    You somehow took what he said as a threat (it wasn't) and got your panties in a bunch. Read all your replies, it's obvious you're upset lol
    Whats that rule about personal attacks on the forums? Saying panties in a bunch is a very misogynistic thing to say. Are you assuming my gender?
    Straw man time? Figures
    Personal attacks are against forum rules. You aren't contributing anything meaningful to the topic just attacking people trying to create a hostile environment.
    You're going to double down with the straw man instead of answering my actual response? Figures
    Also, nobody here called you any names or sent a personal attack, I just said you're mad which is true. If you want to interpret what I said as misogynistic when that wasn't my intention of course then I don't know what to tell you, buy a helmet?
    You're the one that claimed I said something I didn't. Then you made a misogynistic comment to me and now you're back peddling on it saying that wasn't you're intention. It's gross.
    Lol you are so Woke....
    Gahhh Kabam please allow guardians to close posts!!
    So you're okay with misogynistic comments? Tells us all we need to know about you.
    Stop getting your tightie whities in a bunch
    Damn I'm such a misandrist...
    You're probably wanting a herc nerf cuz he's bisexual. We all know your type, there's no place for your views on the forums.
    What?!... You can't even make this 💩 up...
    Wait cause 2 can play this game, are you implying there is something wrong with bisexuality?...
    See how easy it is to flip a pancake?
    You didn't flip anything. Everyone's already seen what you said.
    Dude you just said I wanted to Nerf hercules cause he is bisexual, in a forum.. over a game where sexuality doesn't even matter... Are you even able to process how cringe that is? Its actually quite disturbing
    Just ignore them, that person is obviously unhinged. If you keep going they would eventually run out of straws with all the grasping they're doing but that would be a waste of time cause they don't usually listen, they just scream. They're not interested in having a discussion they just want to pull the gender card and say they're offended so people will take pity on them and see you as the bad guy (which obviously won't work cause this isn't Twitter lol)
    Alright lets be real, if someone said your panties got in a bunch, it would be straight hands lol. OP held their composure so its best to leave at that and de-escalate.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

We don't employ Miike, and unless we do, it's not appropriate for us to say what he should and shouldn't say.

Customers give feedback on employees of a company all the time. It isn't abnormal. I'm not out to get him, I want the best for him.
    Feedback is one thing. A self-righteous lesson on what's appropriate at our company and what isn't, is just not cool.
    Our company? You work for Kabam?
    Your example about what you do at your work is what "our company" was referencing.
    I know passive-aggressive when I see it, bud.
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Pikolu said:

Zuko_ILC said:

Stop looking at Reddit.

Stop watching Prof Hoff.

Straw man time? Figures
    You're the one that claimed I said something I didn't. Then you made a misogynistic comment to me and now you're back peddling on it saying that wasn't you're intention. It's gross.
    Lol you are so Woke....
    Gahhh Kabam please allow guardians to close posts!!
    So you're okay with misogynistic comments? Tells us all we need to know about you.
    Stop getting your tightie whities in a bunch
    Damn I'm such a misandrist...
    You're probably wanting a herc nerf cuz he's bisexual. We all know your type, there's no place for your views on the forums.
    What?!... You can't even make this 💩 up...
    Wait cause 2 can play this game, are you implying there is something wrong with bisexuality?...
    See how easy it is to flip a pancake?
    You didn't flip anything. Everyone's already seen what you said.
    Dude you just said I wanted to Nerf hercules cause he is bisexual, in a forum.. over a game where sexuality doesn't even matter... Are you even able to process how cringe that is? Its actually quite disturbing
    Just ignore them, that person is obviously unhinged. If you keep going they would eventually run out of straws with all the grasping they're doing but that would be a waste of time cause they don't usually listen, they just scream. They're not interested in having a discussion they just want to pull the gender card and say they're offended so people will take pity on them and see you as the bad guy (which obviously won't work cause this isn't Twitter lol)
    Alright lets be real, if someone said your panties got in a bunch, it would be straight hands lol. OP held their composure so its best to leave at that and de-escalate.
    Normally yeah but here's the thing, unlike you and other people who were genuinely looking for a civilized discussion, they were acting like a jerk from the beginning. They were looking to start a witch-hunt on the forums saying Miike threatened the playerbase, their replies are all still there for everyone to read. Are they allowed to act like a jerk but others aren't? That's not how this works unfortunately.
  • Options
    Aye, Monday is only 2 days away, if yall were to pause and resume when theres someone available to intervene, that would be killer.
  • Options
    Pikolu said:

@Zuko_ILC @ItsClobberinTime @BringPopcorn please just stop. The discussion has gone far enough. None of you are being constructive at this point. Put the keyboards away and do something else for awhile please and thank you.

I'm just gonna leave this here (since they're claiming they never said Miike was threatening the playerbase) and go:

For the record though, I never derailed the thread, they did. I'm out.
This discussion has been closed.