**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Hercules isn't getting nerfed

Comments

• Options
    Skydad23Skydad23 Posts: 539 ★★★
    edited January 28

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

@Skydad23 It’s crazy because Aegon literally took what’s supposed to be the hardest content in the game with the best rewards and made it cake using farmed revives because even content creators were doing it, he doesn’t require skill and you actually cheat the game pausing and quitting to lock in combos but no one talks about this.

The free farmed revives trivialized Necropolis, not Aegon.
    What do you mean free??? Did people not have to go in and spend their time earning those? I don’t call that free. They are playing the game. Isn’t that what Kabam wants. Is that not one of their main objectives to get people to play? Or are you implying people should’ve had to spend money? Because you just said earlier, it wasn’t about money..

C'mon man they were free.
    I’m not sure nobody’s ever told you, but your time is not free. as actual dollars no, they didn’t cost money but it also was not a bug it was put in the game by Kabam. And people were playing their game extensively for long periods of time to farm them. Is that not why they make this game to get people to play it? Is this game not making money because their quarterly reports sure show they are. Anyone playing this game upset because they wish Kabam would have made more money because of the revives people spent hours and hours farming is a homer!

• Options
    edited January 28

Manup456 said:

The point is Aegon took the hardest content in the game and made it cake because at max combo he’s also broken but no one is screaming that he should be nerfed and the process of building those combos in no way could have been designed like that and he’s been doing this since Abyss. When people were pausing the game in AQ with Corvus and doing a similar thing it was removed. I’m not saying he should be nerfed either but let’s be fair here.

He's not broken. He was designed with long-form content in mind. Before he was a 6*, people were doing it with the 5*. Now he's able to do more, and the content has become more challenging as well. For that matter, it wasn't cake. People still used quite a number of Revives to get through Necro. 11 million, collectively.
    So you’re saying he’s not broken, but Hercules is broken. How did Hercules do in necropolis since he’s so broken?

I also didn’t have much luck with Hercules in the Carina’s challenge guillotine. Hercules also wasn’t very good in the seven for seven.

You get my point there are quite a few places you can’t use him and more and more will be coming as seven stars progress
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 ★★★★
    edited January 28
    @GroundedWisdom I have a few questions.

1. Were people building max combos by pausing and quitting over and over?
    2. Do you think Aegon was designed to be played that way?
    3. If they weren’t doing that would they have been able to do the content the same way?
    4. When he has max combo does he require skill to play?
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,297 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

All I gotta say is Aegon got a lot of people Valiant titles they wouldn’t have gotten without him 🤔

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

Not really a mic drop. Bad players had to spend money even with Ægon if they wanted to get Valiant which is fair. With Herc you don't need to spend a single dime, just need a few revives from the Apothecary and even the worst player in the world is ready to go. Hope that also answers your question as to why and how he hurts the economy just by existing (and before you give me that a lot of people are still spending thousands for him no they're not lol he's in the basic pool, most people already have him by the time those offers even come around)
    So how come people didn’t use Hercules in necropolis if all they need is a couple revives with him? He’s been limited in a lot of content recently, and will become more limited as seven stars progress. He’s been out for over two years. This isn’t something new. Even though he is still very heavily used He’s less relevant now than he was two years ago. So I’m sure it’s trending in the direction that Kabam likes so why make a stink of it now?

Cause they purposely shut down Hercules with the nodes, which further adds to the whole point of Herc is unhealthy for the game. He's the only champ in the game that receives this treatment.
    He's not less relevant, especially not with ascensions you're very wrong about that.
    As to why Kabam wants to nerf him I don't actually know but I can tell you why I want him nerfed. I don't want the first Summoner's Choice champ to die with the 6* status moving forward the same way Quake and Magik died with 5* status. I want all of them to be 7* someday and the only way for that to happen is with a nerf, it doesn't even have to be a hard nerf like Miike explained just take them from absolutely broken to top 5 is it really that big of a deal?

Exactly which they can keep doing was Aegon unhealthy for necropolis???? How long have you been around do you quake. Was she unhealthy for the game? She was far more dominant in her time then Hercules was did they Nerf her? Why is it an issue now??? he was used far far more regularly over a year ago than he is now. There’s always going to be champions that they have to limit in certain content or areas and they can always do it with nodes or exclusions like they always have.

No, Ægon was literally made for that type of content and even then he still requires resources which if you don't have guess what? You have to buy with units, if you don't have units guess what? Yep, money. What's not clicking?

Lmao I've been here since 2015:

Yes I do Quake, and yes I want her nerfed so she can be a 6* and 7* someday cause the 5* is completely and utterly useless for me now and I miss those days. Any other straw man arguments you want to bring it up? Let's get them out of the way.

There will always be champs that have to be limited by nodes? Are you new to the forums? They've literally pointed out multiple times that Herc was a mistake, there will never be another champ like Herc because it's not healthy for the game or the economy whether you like it or not.
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Do you know how many people that would’ve probably quit the game without Hercules being in it? He has helped tons of summoners get through content they probably wouldn’t have which keeps them engaged in the game. The argument that he cost money is ridiculous to me because there’s millions of people that still spend money on the game that have him. there’s probably tons of people who would’ve quit the game if it was not for him. But the argument he cost the company money is ridiculous to me. Are they going bankrupt? every time they give out resources for free with endgame content technically they’re costing themselves money are they not? Every very skilled summoner that can complete content without having to spend money or units is costing the company money are they not? Such a bad argument that he cost the company money

Skill issue, buy a helmet and get good.
    Definitely not a skill issue. More of it’s a game and people like to play games different ways, so are you implying that you have to have skill or you shouldn’t be able to to play this game? Last time I checked, it’s not the most fair game. so you gonna say that to people who spend tons of money and have far better rosters than othe people “sounds like a Wallet issue get a better job” The game obviously isn’t meant to be 100% fair or isn’t obviously based on 100% skill. It’s a game it’s meant to be fun. People can play games how they choose.. saying get good. Just comes off like you’re whining. it’s not fair he’s not as good as me he shouldn’t be able to beat that content.
    Do you really need to use a crutch to do literally any game content other than hard content like Necropolis (Herc is useless there btw)? Even with these nodes that literally help you a ton when you bring the right champs? Lol you're gonna tell me with a straight face that Act 7 and 8 + EQ SQ and Paragon Gauntlet are all too hard without Herc?
    The problem here isn't skill, it's laziness. All the content in the game can be done without Herc and it doesn't require that much skill, it's not like "oh if Herc didn't exist so many people would be stuck as TBs for years because the skill ceiling for Acts 7 and 8 is soooo high"
    Also, assuming Herc is the only reason some people play the game is just ridiculous and I can guarantee 80% of the people who say they will quit, won't quit, it wouldn't be the first time we've heard that one lmao.

Using the word whining while complaining about Herc potentially getting nerfed in the future is... Interesting, and laughable, but mostly interesting.
    And where did you get that? I said act seven or eight was too hard. I never said that I said I know people that have not done act seven or eight and still have 30+7 stars because they buy everything in the game. Do you think that that is healthy for the game? Lol I could care less because it’s a game it’s not fair some people have more time than other have deeper wallets than others some people have more skill than others. Some people have been playing longer than others. it’s a game people should play it the way that pleases them. Your point that all those things can be done without Hercules it’s just more proof that he doesn’t need to be nerfed. Saying that people that use him are lazy so what let them be lazy what do you care? Why are you whining about it? Why would you care that someone else plays a game lazy. Should I care if someone spends eight hours a day on this game because that’s not healthy for them in real life no because it’s their life. Just as you should not care if someone plays the game lazy because it’s their life
    It's healthy for the economy yes, people spending is what keeps the game alive. You thought Kabam employees were working for free? All the updates new champs game modes etc for free?

Do you understand what game breaking means? You typed a whole paragraph saying basically nothing cause none of that changes the fact that he breaks the game when you are able to use him.
    Nobody thinks anybody’s working for free and yes, people have to spend money in this game. My point was why is that not considered lazy to you? I’ve definitely spent my fair share of money in this game. Because it’s my choice. So in one boat you’re saying it’s not healthy for the game because Hercules can just do everything without dying. But in another breath, you don’t care if people don’t even have to do content to advance the rosters extensively just because they can spend money. My whole point is why do you care! it’s not meant to be fair. When people can spend the way they spend in this game which is needed for the game. It inherently takes out the fairness. so complaining about Hercules becomes a moot point

I already told you the reason I want Herc nerfed. I don't want him to sit there as a 6* for the rest of the game's existence completely forgotten like 5* Quake and Magik.
  • Options

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

All I gotta say is Aegon got a lot of people Valiant titles they wouldn’t have gotten without him 🤔

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

Not really a mic drop. Bad players had to spend money even with Ægon if they wanted to get Valiant which is fair. With Herc you don't need to spend a single dime, just need a few revives from the Apothecary and even the worst player in the world is ready to go. Hope that also answers your question as to why and how he hurts the economy just by existing (and before you give me that a lot of people are still spending thousands for him no they're not lol he's in the basic pool, most people already have him by the time those offers even come around)
    So how come people didn’t use Hercules in necropolis if all they need is a couple revives with him? He’s been limited in a lot of content recently, and will become more limited as seven stars progress. He’s been out for over two years. This isn’t something new. Even though he is still very heavily used He’s less relevant now than he was two years ago. So I’m sure it’s trending in the direction that Kabam likes so why make a stink of it now?

Cause they purposely shut down Hercules with the nodes, which further adds to the whole point of Herc is unhealthy for the game. He's the only champ in the game that receives this treatment.
    He's not less relevant, especially not with ascensions you're very wrong about that.
    As to why Kabam wants to nerf him I don't actually know but I can tell you why I want him nerfed. I don't want the first Summoner's Choice champ to die with the 6* status moving forward the same way Quake and Magik died with 5* status. I want all of them to be 7* someday and the only way for that to happen is with a nerf, it doesn't even have to be a hard nerf like Miike explained just take them from absolutely broken to top 5 is it really that big of a deal?

Exactly which they can keep doing was Aegon unhealthy for necropolis???? How long have you been around do you quake. Was she unhealthy for the game? She was far more dominant in her time then Hercules was did they Nerf her? Why is it an issue now??? he was used far far more regularly over a year ago than he is now. There’s always going to be champions that they have to limit in certain content or areas and they can always do it with nodes or exclusions like they always have.

No, Ægon was literally made for that type of content and even then he still requires resources which if you don't have guess what? You have to buy with units, if you don't have units guess what? Yep, money. What's not clicking?

Yes I do Quake, and yes I want her nerfed so she can be a 6* and 7* someday cause the 5* is completely and utterly useless for me now and I miss those days. Any other straw man arguments you want to bring it up? Let's get them out of the way.

There will always be champs that have to be limited by nodes? Are you new to the forums? They've literally pointed out multiple times that Herc was a mistake, there will never be another champ like Herc because it's not healthy for the game or the economy whether you like it or not.
    A mistake means they didn’t mean to make him like that. If he was entered into the game wrong, why didn’t they change it? Or are you just saying that they regret making him so powerful. That’s perfectly fine to regret that and try to not make another champ like that again but that doesn’t mean two years later you Nerf him. That sounds like the laziest thing ever. They created him they have stuck by him for two years. They need to get creative and work ways around him.

Let me ask why is quake useless to you now? Because of the health pools? The same thing will happen with Hercules eventually.

• Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

@GroundedWisdom I have a few questions.

3. If they weren’t doing that would they have been able to do the content the same way?

1. I'm sure some were.
    2. You would have to ask them. As it stands, there's nothing prohibiting it.
    3. They could have just as easily died with the Proxima Synergy to retain the Combo.
    4. Yes. He does, when you're talking about content like Necro.
  • Options
    edited January 28

Manup456 said:

@ItsClobberinTime you want talk about the thread where people were posting how many deaths they put up by beating Titania and dying in the next fight over and over with farmed revives 🤔 maybe we can discuss the countless videos on how to farm revives to prep for Necro runs, how about the countless content creators spending hours farming revives as well 😂

So then the thing that was broken was the revive farming, not Ægon. Guess which one got nerfed and which one didn't? Stop being so dense lol.

Lmao! So you’re saying it was not Aegon It was the revive farming. So after everyone did the revive farming, how come they used Aegon????????? Why didn’t they just use any champ??? Come on you know the answer to this because he made it 10 times easier and dies far less than anyone else

• Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

A mistake means they didn’t mean to make him like that. If he was entered into the game wrong, why didn’t they change it? Or are you just saying that they regret making him so powerful. That’s perfectly fine to regret that and try to not make another champ like that again but that doesn’t mean two years later you Nerf him. That sounds like the laziest thing ever. They created him they have stuck by him for two years. They need to get creative and work ways around him.

Let me ask why is quake useless to you now? Because of the health pools? The same thing will happen with Hercules eventually.

Cause back then the rebalance program didn't exist. You're out here trying to call out people based on how long they've been playing and you obviously weren't playing back when Herc was released lol.

That is exactly why I want him to get nerfed so he can be a 7* eventually, they can keep the 6* as is for all I care I just don't think any champ in the game should be completely forgotten because of how broken they are. They have the rebalance program, if you want to keep both sides happy release the 7* rarity with a nerfed kit and keep the 6* as is. How that would that hurt anyone?
  • Options
    edited January 28

Manup456 said:

@ItsClobberinTime Was Aegon designed to be played the way he’s played? I don’t read about pausing and quitting to build max combo in his kit and I’m the one who’s dense

He was yes, he was designed for long form content. Also if you're quitting and reviving what does that mean? You're using resources. How do you get those resources now that revive farming is gone? With units? How do you get units if you don't have any? Money.
    Tell me how many people actually spend money reviving Herc to do story content lol nobody cause he makes everything a piece of cake and unlike Ægon you don't need to pop revives, the guy has a built in cheat death mechanic and also unlike Ægon doesn't need synergies. You are dense, sorry.
    How many people spend money actually reviving? You already answered your question 11 million deaths if you think 11 million were farmed you kidding yourself!!

And you’re saying you can just Herc through act 8?? Lol! Ok
    Also saying Aegon was made to be played like that, so was Hercules are you saying his cheat death is a bug? Lol you can’t just Herc through everything. You’re kidding yourself if you believe that.

• Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,052 ★★★★★
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

@Skydad23 It’s crazy because Aegon literally took what’s supposed to be the hardest content in the game with the best rewards and made it cake using farmed revives because even content creators were doing it, he doesn’t require skill and you actually cheat the game pausing and quitting to lock in combos but no one talks about this.

The free farmed revives trivialized Necropolis, not Aegon.
    What do you mean free??? Did people not have to go in and spend their time earning those? I don’t call that free. They are playing the game. Isn’t that what Kabam wants. Is that not one of their main objectives to get people to play? Or are you implying people should’ve had to spend money? Because you just said earlier, it wasn’t about money..

C'mon man they were free.
    I’m not sure nobody’s ever told you, but your time is not free. as actual dollars no, they didn’t cost money but it also was not a bug it was put in the game by Kabam. And people were playing their game extensively for long periods of time to farm them. Is that not why they make this game to get people to play it? Is this game not making money because their quarterly reports sure show they are. Anyone playing this game upset because they wish Kabam would have made more money because of the revives people spent hours and hours farming is a homer!

Blah blah blah. Same old arguments, different story. The revives were free.
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

Cause back then the rebalance program didn't exist. You're out here trying to call out people based on how long they've been playing and you obviously weren't playing back when Herc was released lol.

That is exactly why I want him to get nerfed so he can be a 7* eventually, they can keep the 6* as is for all I care I just don't think any champ in the game should be completely forgotten because of how broken they are. They have the rebalance program, if you want to keep both sides happy release the 7* rarity with a nerfed kit and keep the 6* as is. How that would that hurt anyone?
    The rebalance program didn’t exist when they Nerfed Scarlet, which and Dr strange
    No, you're right. We had 12.0. Even then, amidst all the backlash, there were a good majority of changes that had to be made. The game was at a stalemate for content they could produce because those Champs were so strong, there was literally nothing they couldn't cut through.
    Something people refused to accept then and still refuse to accept is, the house comes first. If there's an issue affecting future design, that will always take precedent over the wants of the majority. It's the reason we even still have a game these many years after.
  • Options

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

The rebalance program didn’t exist when they Nerfed Scarlet, which and Dr strange
    No, you're right. We had 12.0. Even then, amidst all the backlash, there were a good majority of changes that had to be made. The game was at a stalemate for content they could produce because those Champs were so strong, there was literally nothing they couldn't cut through.
    Something people refused to accept then and still refuse to accept is, the house comes first. If there's an issue affecting future design, that will always take precedent over the wants of the majority. It's the reason we even still have a game these many years after.
    What do you mean we???
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

Those nerfs happened because of the way values worked back then for the most part, without the value changes in mind those nerfs probably wouldn't have happened. More proof that you're absolutely clueless and probably new to the game.
  • Options

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

So you’re saying, there was no content that Scarlet witch and Doctor Strange couldn’t cut through are you saying that there is no content that Hercules can’t cut through? Because you know as good as I do He’s basically useless in some content. There are endless ways around him. And he is being used less now than he was when he came out because Kabam is working around him, and the further progression of seven stars were limit him even more

• Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

So you’re saying, there was no content that Scarlet witch and Doctor Strange couldn’t cut through are you saying that there is no content that Hercules can’t cut through? Because you know as good as I do He’s basically useless in some content. There are endless ways around him. And he is being used less now than he was when he came out because Kabam is working around him, and the further progression of seven stars were limit him even more

They've designed around him, sure. They would have to. This conversation has been going on ever since they fixed his L3 tank. A Champ that has a cheat-death mechanic like that with his ramp-up is problematic in a number of game modes. So is Fury for that matter. Yet they're still in the game.
    He's overpowered, but they're not planning on changing him at the moment. This witch hunt is over nothing.
    People are so consumed with the fear they're going to change him that all it does for me is highlight the fact that people depend on him way too much. What Miike said was they wanted to but they're not planning on it at this time. That's it. The rest is people getting carried away. There are other Champs on that list too. Game balance is always a conversation for them.
  • Options
    Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

What do you mean we???
    Do we not all play the same game? Are you being intentionally obtuse?
    Not trying to be obtuse just sounds like you’re trying to imply that you are part of the company or something.

If you don't see an orange Kabam in front of my name, then I don't work for them.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★

• Options

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Skydad23 said:

Manup456 said:

Boom!!! Mic drop!!!!!!

They've designed around him, sure. They would have to. This conversation has been going on ever since they fixed his L3 tank. A Champ that has a cheat-death mechanic like that with his ramp-up is problematic in a number of game modes. So is Fury for that matter. Yet they're still in the game.
    He's overpowered, but they're not planning on changing him at the moment. This witch hunt is over nothing.
    People are so consumed with the fear they're going to change him that all it does for me is highlight the fact that people depend on him way too much. What Miike said was they wanted to but they're not planning on it at this time. That's it. The rest is people getting carried away. There are other Champs on that list too. Game balance is always a conversation for them.
    I don’t know if others are getting carried away I’m definitely not getting carried away. it’s just a game and I like to debate. I’m not sure how many people are dependent on him because nobody really has to do any of this. I think he makes it easier for some which is fine. It’s a game it should be fun.

• Options
    GrandOldKaiGrandOldKai Posts: 785 ★★★★
    ...honestly, with all this discourse I wouldn't even be surprised if he does get nerfed, even if there are no plans to do so at this time
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Manup456 said:

GroundedWisdom I have a few questions.

If they weren't able to pause and quit all you had to do was trigger combo shield by doing heavy and then dying. Slight inconvenience but the same result
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 814 ★★★

This discussion has been closed.