**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Should Kabam get rid of unit cost for Mastery switching?

Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 476 ★★★
I'm talking about already unlocked masteries that cost units to reactivate.

Should Kabam get rid of unit cost for Mastery switching? 271 votes

Yes
91%
Zeke_the_XbotDrZolaSnizzbarrazielWorld EaterRaulvallecaSbhuv9191the_eradicatorKeltanMidnightfoxsmdam38Manup456ChovnerJetenyoAjisdopeTerraIrakliMagrailothosShaggyMJazz_Messenger 249 votes
No
8%
zuffyAckbar67Rayven5220Colinwhitworth69BeanWebhead055AzenstarReptoidChiefGoatCyrillFromTulaMrSakuragianajdiThe_0wenpuswillrun4adonutAverageDesiGhost_DriverXFREEDOMXHonorable_BluJayVenomm33eeeAecyn 22 votes

Comments

• Options
    Twist1298Twist1298 Posts: 65
    Yes
    Definitely agree with making masteries more streamline and quicker to change rather than having to reset the entire tree.
  • Options
    Colinwhitworth69Colinwhitworth69 Posts: 7,185 ★★★★★
    No
    It won’t happen. Mastery switching is supposed to be costly.
  • Options
    KoiBoy18KoiBoy18 Posts: 312 ★★★
    Avnish said:

Kabam can charge to purchase the secondary mastry setup in one time. I can pay upto 5000 unit if this feature get introduced by kabam...

5000? That would be way too cheap.

If they ever offered it, 20000 would be a more representative price
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,413 ★★★★
    No
    Ackbar67 said:

It would be way too overpowered, they've had free resets a number of times in the past for various reasons, and when they do you find yourself switching your setup for every single fight to give yourself the best odds. It's fun as a once in a while thing, but not only would it drastically increase everyone's skill ceiling, it would be super tedious to be constantly respeccing

This, right here.

I agree with the fact we shouldn't have to reset the whole tree everytime, but it would be ridiculously overpowered if we could just switch masteries for free constantly.

• Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    Yes
    I just wish I could permanently unlock the class specific masteries them cores are expensive to max out 5/5 also why I’m currently stuck with my utility setup cause I don’t want to pay the cost for MD again.
  • Options
    Yes
    DrZola said:

I never got why you have to reset all your points if you want to change something. Why can’t I just take 1 point off? It’s super inconvenient.

Masteries date from way back. It’s been years since anything new was introduced.

I have to assume the original rationale was to make changing masteries punitive (and costly) because it was a new feature. Clearly, it hasn’t really been updated in a very long time—the major question now is pretty much “suicides yes/no” plus a couple of other ancillary features like points in deep wounds or despair or MD.

I would think the coding for masteries is so buried beneath years of coding that it’s difficult to change anything without affecting lots of other things (think: Jenga). I also think that’s why we’ve yet to see mastery setup toggles or presets—functionally, it’s just tricky.

But that doesn’t answer why the cost is still what it is to swap out points here or there. Much like other parts of the game, there’s probably little incentive to burn precious resources in an area that’s unlikely to be profitable—consider the decision to hobble revive farming over working on this or other aspects of the game. At some stage, you have to come to grips with the fact that the game isn’t an exercise in altruism, and it has to make money somewhere.

Dr. Zola
    That's a valid point,

I thought I would bring it up because the stagnant state of masteries has been bothering me for some time now, and I wanted to know what the community thought about it.

Masteries feels like an area of the game that has been left forgotten, much like the catalyst arenas.

It makes sense that any QOL changes or even the introduction of new masteries that might negatively affect the profits would not be something Kabam is willing to put at the forefront of their priority list.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.
  • Options
    Yes

We don't need free masteries just a second loadout like we were told were coming a year or two ago iirc.

That would be perfect.

I had no idea that was in the pipeline, hopefully that one day goes ahead.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,237 ★★★
    Yes
    Well, we can change Relics from Champion to champion for free....

Why not the same for Mastery?
    Only to achieve units from poor Summoners?

Think about guys @Kabam Miike
  • Options
    Ayden_noah1Ayden_noah1 Posts: 1,184 ★★★★
    edited January 28
    Yes
    It would be better to not have to paid to switch masteries. I rather they can just making switching mastery for everyday contect available like in BG. I would paid 3000 units to have 3 masteries layouts saved for sure.
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Yes

DrZola said:

I never got why you have to reset all your points if you want to change something. Why can’t I just take 1 point off? It’s super inconvenient.

Masteries date from way back. It’s been years since anything new was introduced.

I have to assume the original rationale was to make changing masteries punitive (and costly) because it was a new feature. Clearly, it hasn’t really been updated in a very long time—the major question now is pretty much “suicides yes/no” plus a couple of other ancillary features like points in deep wounds or despair or MD.

I would think the coding for masteries is so buried beneath years of coding that it’s difficult to change anything without affecting lots of other things (think: Jenga). I also think that’s why we’ve yet to see mastery setup toggles or presets—functionally, it’s just tricky.

But that doesn’t answer why the cost is still what it is to swap out points here or there. Much like other parts of the game, there’s probably little incentive to burn precious resources in an area that’s unlikely to be profitable—consider the decision to hobble revive farming over working on this or other aspects of the game. At some stage, you have to come to grips with the fact that the game isn’t an exercise in altruism, and it has to make money somewhere.

Dr. Zola
    That's a valid point,

I thought I would bring it up because the stagnant state of masteries has been bothering me for some time now, and I wanted to know what the community thought about it.

Masteries feels like an area of the game that has been left forgotten, much like the catalyst arenas.

It makes sense that any QOL changes or even the introduction of new masteries that might negatively affect the profits would not be something Kabam is willing to put at the forefront of their priority list.

If it ain't broke, don't fix it I guess.
    Unfortunately, that’s how this game sometimes rolls. Consider relics. Introduced to fanfare, couple of series rolled out, turns out they are often bugged, still buggy and new introductions are on indeterminate hiatus.

The Bases tab was up forever. Masteries like Scouter lens and Pittance are still a thing.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    JetenyoJetenyo Posts: 139
    Yes
    Would it be great to see costs go away? Absolutely.
    Personally I would prefer they keep the cost to change mastery assignments, but add 3 different Mastery "decks" or pre-sets that can be set up differently.
    Add a small stacking fee for each deck change within 24 hours so they can still get some units out of us (compromise).
    Thinking Start at 5 and increase by 5 up to max cost of 25.
  • Options
    TerminatrixTerminatrix Posts: 1,250 ★★★★
    edited January 28
    Yes
    Overall, the mastery tree shuffle is too much of a hassle. Having the option to recover 1 pt. at a time will be a much needed change. As for the costs changes, I'd say the mastery cores can go. Just go.

Or improve.

Those are entirely too expensive, requires too many to unlock a class mastery which takes a long time to get, and availibility of them are scarce. It's just not worth the headache.

The mastery store has only TWO types of cores available for purchase. Let that marinate. The MASTERY STORE has only TWO out of 8 types of cores available. One of them being the Carbonadium core is ridiculously high--550 units. The rest have to be grinded for in the class specific daily quests. It's a constant grind to farm these cores to get the amount you need. And that's IF they even appear on the paths. Some masteries require 30 cores!! Who is still trying to do that in 2024??
  • Options
    SquammoSquammo Posts: 430 ★★★
    Yes
    Adding it to sigil would be a neat idea and probably sell a few more of those.
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    Yes
    i'd love to see some changes about this. Frankly , even if kabam made it like battleground mode where u have to spend 1000 units to open a secondary mastery setup , as a frequent mastery switcher , i'd be more than happy to buy it . As in war, it is basically mandatory to have them off , while in arena , i'd rather turning off my phone than grinding it without suicides , or not having suicides on with herc in incursion
  • Options
    arifin74arifin74 Posts: 104
    edited January 29
    No
    Other games rarely give the capacity to reset mastery; it is not supposed to be a very frequent thing. There was a huge unit cost for recovering the mastery, which we can do now for free.

Instead, other suggested options are good quality-of-life improvements, like being able to recover a single mastery or set a specific mastery for a particular game mode, etc.
  • Options
    monkeysmonkeys Posts: 11
    edited January 29
    Yes
    Yes

Mastery loadouts would be a nice feature too, like what we have in BGs but within the larger game. I do agree with others too that just being able to recover a single mastery would be a great addition and time saver.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    It was already said that they would never be free.

Similar to the argument that people should have more RDTs, Kabam WANTS you to feel the impact of your decisions so you're not just being impulsive and consequence free.