**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

How exactly is Herc bad for the game?

Comments

• Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,092 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Mr.0-8-4 said:

Personally I don't think there's a problem with his kit. Is he powerful? Absolutely but that doesn't mean he's the go to champ for all pieces of content. I have a 6 star awakened version yet I rarely use him because there are far more badass champs like Zemo or Psychoman.

That being said, I'd be pissed if they nerfed him because it seems like some people are more interested in chasing a cause rather than it being an actual problem.

@Darkraw346 you got a buddy out there.
    Thanks for letting me know...
    @Mr.0-8-4 Psycho buddies!!!
    What's your favourite Psycho man mode and why 🀨?
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 920 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I am EXTREMELY curious how we now have to do the same content with different characters with lesser powers?
  • Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,372 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Drauglin said:

I find it so strange that people that use Herc are called lazy. What exactly is the benefit of learning to play champs? I mean, I learn to play new champs every now and then but is not compulsory, I believe.
    Also, I don’t know about you guys, but if in a game I find a gun, I’ll drop the knife I’ve been carrying. I wouldn’t be thinking β€œnah, too easy, I’ll stick to the knife”.
    It’s some sort of masochism mixed with snobbery.

If they refuse to learn other champs who are also very powerful and fully capable, what else would you call it? Sure fun could be one reason since fun is subjective but if the playstyle is what's fun then what's the problem with Kabam nerfing him. They probably wouldn't change his playstyle cause the thing that makes him so broken is his immortality not the whole intercepting playstyle which other champs in the game also have.

Not sure I'm following here, are you implying Herc compared to the rest of the cosmic class (Hulkling Galan Adam etc) is like comparing a gun and a knife? Cause if you are, it's not really helping your case, instead it's showing why he needs to be nerfed even more. There should never be champ that towers over every other playable character in the game like that, it's not good for the game.
    Kabam created and released Hercules into the wild over 2 years ago. He’s been obviously powerful from the jump. They should have needed him early on. Doing so now is lazy game development. I was taught to always use the right tool. If Kabam lines up a row of nails I’m going to use a hammer. If they want me to use scissors or a screwdriver then start building content with screws and string.
    No!!! You are just too lazy to use a hammer on nails. You should use the screwdriver and scissor to hammer those nails.
    I think that’s the argument some of the people here are making.
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,348 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Graves_3 said:

Drauglin said:

I find it so strange that people that use Herc are called lazy. What exactly is the benefit of learning to play champs? I mean, I learn to play new champs every now and then but is not compulsory, I believe.
    Also, I don’t know about you guys, but if in a game I find a gun, I’ll drop the knife I’ve been carrying. I wouldn’t be thinking β€œnah, too easy, I’ll stick to the knife”.

If they refuse to learn other champs who are also very powerful and fully capable, what else would you call it? Sure fun could be one reason since fun is subjective but if the playstyle is what's fun then what's the problem with Kabam nerfing him. They probably wouldn't change his playstyle cause the thing that makes him so broken is his immortality not the whole intercepting playstyle which other champs in the game also have.

Not sure I'm following here, are you implying Herc compared to the rest of the cosmic class (Hulkling Galan Adam etc) is like comparing a gun and a knife? Cause if you are, it's not really helping your case, instead it's showing why he needs to be nerfed even more. There should never be champ that towers over every other playable character in the game like that, it's not good for the game.
    Kabam created and released Hercules into the wild over 2 years ago. He’s been obviously powerful from the jump. They should have needed him early on. Doing so now is lazy game development. I was taught to always use the right tool. If Kabam lines up a row of nails I’m going to use a hammer. If they want me to use scissors or a screwdriver then start building content with screws and string.
    No!!! You are just too lazy to use a hammer on nails. You should use the screwdriver and scissor to hammer those nails.
    I think that’s the argument some of the people here are making.
    "Pounding in these nails with scissors sucks. This isn't fun at all."

"LOL. Skill issue. Git Gud."
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 4,018 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Drauglin said:

As previously mentioned, we didn't have the rebalance program back then so how could they have nerfed him on release if the rebalance program didn't exist? In fact, Hercules is the main reason we have a rebalance program now.

Loads of games nerf broken mechanics all the time regardless of how long such broken mechanics have been in the game. It may be lazy game development to you but from a video game standpoint, it's simply not healthy to leave something broken for the rest of the game's existence. So, if you don't want a nerf, then the only other option is Hercules will die with the 6*. If that's the route you want Kabam to take that's fine, I just think it's dumb personally. Why would I rather he be completely useless once 7* stats are too strong for him to handle, when they could just tune him down to Ghost level so he can eventually be a 7* and not be completely forgotten the same way Quake and Magic were forgotten.
  • Options
    WellhonestonionWellhonestonion Posts: 19 β˜…
    Hercule have the white privilege that’s the issue
  • Options
    BigPoppaCBONEBigPoppaCBONE Posts: 2,348 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    IMO, the widespread fear of a Herc nerf is that Kabam will make him nigh-useless by taking nearly everything good and useful, leaving dregs. A few months pass and then a new character will pop up with most of his kit and a better version of the thing they pointed out in their explanation of why he needed nerfing.

• Options

IMO, the widespread fear of a Herc nerf is that Kabam will make him nigh-useless by taking nearly everything good and useful, leaving dregs. A few months pass and then a new character will pop up with most of his kit and a better version of the thing they pointed out in their explanation of why he needed nerfing.

They wouldn’t neuter him to the ground, but they would make changes so that he feels similar without breaking different areas of the game
  • Options
    VaniteliaVanitelia Posts: 367 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    @DNA3000 I agree that looking through the lens of a new player and having access to someone who can get you through all sorts of content quickly. The idea that you can pause the timer on his immortality is why he is broken. It's not the stun immunity, the infuriate, the charges, etc..

I wouldn't have an issue with the timer being set at 10 seconds or whatever it is and then it expires or something akin to Morbius where he has to be struck for the immortality to be removed. Makes sense and brings a skill component back into play there.

With that said, I don't want to see another Dr. Strange situation where a champ goes from amazing to a meme. They still haven't made it right as he has been passed over countless times for champs that didn't need a value increase or a buff. I don't blame the base for thinking this may happen with a champ they voted for.

Kabam is in a difficult situation. We ask for them to be transparent, and we get situations like this. As long as their message is consistent, we'll adjust to it. They have work to do on that front. They should keep in mind transparent doesn't mean a democracy or debate. If they make a decision, own it, put it out there, and move on. If they want feedback, then open up a convo for that with clear expectations on what that feedback is supposed to accomplish.

Two things I have learned when working with human beings, you don't waste their time or mess with their money. If you have to, it has to be justified and clearly communicated. We'll see where it goes from here.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 920 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    That’s a lot of splash with no swim.
    Show me you, yourself beating all this content so easily with Herc and making it look easy or like a cheat code.

Show me.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 3,483 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    smdam38 said:

Show me you, yourself beating all this content so easily with Herc and making it look easy or like a cheat code.

Show me.

What content have you beaten?...
  • Options

smdam38 said:

Show me.

Just send him that Beroman video taking four EOP bosses with Herc in 6 minutes and don't engage, I don't think that guy is looking for a discussion lol.
  • Options

smdam38 said:

Show me.

Just send him that Beroman video taking four EOP bosses with Herc in 6 minutes and don't engage, I don't think that guy is looking for a discussion lol.
    I don't even think he knows how to use the forums.. he answers randomly in between posts with no quotes...
  • Options
    smdam38 said:

You guys are adorable. Get a room.
    One of the best players in the game went through EoP.

Another best player in the game went through Necropolis item-less. We should probably nerf Shuri, Kate and Wong.

You are a TB with a R5 KP and R4 herc....
    Just cause you can't do the content doesnt mean Herc is not broken...
  • Options
    edited January 30
    smdam38 said:

You guys are adorable. Get a room.
    One of the best players in the game went through EoP.

Another best player in the game went through Necropolis item-less. We should probably nerf Shuri, Kate and Wong.

So all these videos are from the best players too?

Edit: if you keep scrolling there's more lmao.
  • Options
    Manup456Manup456 Posts: 887 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    edited January 30
    I guess the same way Aegon is bad for the game because he was able to get people valiant and mythic tiles and blow through Necro like Herc was able to blow through EOP πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    edited January 30
    Manup456 said:

I guess the same way Aegon is bad for the game because he was able to get people valiant and mythic tiles and blow through Necro like Herc was able to blow through EOP πŸ˜‚

Did you see anyone use 100 revives with Herc doing EOP? That's the difference here which you still don't understand for some weird reason. Herc can breeze through this type of content with barely any effort or resources, Γ†gon can also do it with barely any effort sure but you will need a good amount of resources and synergies.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Manup456 said:

Did you see anyone use 100 revives with Herc doing EOP? That's the difference here which you still don't understand for some weird reason. Herc can breeze through this type of content with barely any effort or resources, Γ†gon can also do it with barely any effort sure but you will need a good amount of resources and synergies.
    I thought the problem was having champions that trivialise content. Free revives might not be plentiful anymore but you can still do Necro without having to think about most fights if you have enough units.
  • Options
    edited January 30

Manup456 said:

I thought the problem was having champions that trivialise content. Free revives might not be plentiful anymore but you can still do Necro without having to think about most fights if you have enough units.
    Herc trivializes content precisely because he doesn't need revives to breeze through it (aside from the massive damage of course) unlike Γ†gon who can eventually do it but requires a lot of resources because he isn't unkillable like Herc, the difference in survivability is massive. Herc's damage isn't the main problem, it's the long immortality that makes you unkillable as long as you stay aggressive which isn't hard to do since you're also unblockable.
  • Options
    ShiroiharaShiroihara Posts: 1,092 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Manup456 said:

Herc trivializes content precisely because he doesn't need revives to breeze through it (aside from the massive damage of course) unlike Γ†gon who can eventually do it but requires a lot of resources because he isn't unkillable like Herc, the difference in survivability is massive. Herc's damage isn't the main problem, it's the long immortality that makes you unkillable as long as you stay aggressive which isn't hard to do since you're also unblockable.
    Depending on the necro path (I've only done two), you can use 60-100 revives with Aegon and it would not require a great level of skill. Plenty of players can complete everest content that Kabam was expecting to have longevity.

In my view, needing or not needing some resources is not the definition of trivialising content. Being able to use champions that allow you complete content that is designed to be beaten with a higher level of skill than yours is.
    They've made that point clear before. They spend time designing content that people are done with in a month.
  • Options

Manup456 said:

Depending on the necro path (I've only done two), you can use 60-100 revives with Aegon and it would not require a great level of skill. Plenty of players can complete everest content that Kabam was expecting to have longevity.

In my view, needing or not needing some resources is not the definition of trivialising content. Being able to use champions that allow you complete content that is designed to be beaten with a higher level of skill than yours is.
    They've made that point clear before. They spend time designing content that people are done with in a month.
    I probably worded that first part wrong, let's put it this way immortality = don't need resources, the thing that trivializes content with Herc is that immortality, not needing resources is just the byproduct of his ability being absolutely busted. It gives him so much survivability it's just ridiculous, you get 9 seconds of invulnerability to any and all damage unless it's an sp3 and you pause it by landing basic attacks which isn't hard to do cause you're permanently unblockable, you can't tell me you don't see how that trivializes content cause it literally makes you invincible. Γ†gon does not have anything that allows him to cheat death like this and keep it up for as long as he wants, massive difference.
  • Options
    MagrailothosMagrailothos Posts: 5,550 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Lazy is a judgemental term that we should avoid. You're right, it is snobbery.

However, is it not apparent that the primary driver pushing this game forwards is champion development and release? Thus pushing players to acquire the next, most desirable champion?

One of the fundamental financial building blocks of the game is making new champions that are desirable, either because of their own abilities or to counter new and challenging content. By being desirable, these new champions sell crystals, bundles, and arena refreshes; and keep people interested in the game.

If Herc makes almost all new champions redundant because you don't need them to counter new challenges, then he threatens the long-term durability of the game just by existing.

Given that he also reduces use of AW/AQ revives & healing potions; and largely negates the need for newer players to develop skills/strategies to overcome obstacles, personally I think the threat is real.

Frankly I'm amazed they introduced Ascension before changing him.
  • Options
    Look at the difference in the health pools, so you telling me if Hercs immorality wasn’t stopped he would be able to do what Aegon did in Necro πŸ˜‚ no way you would be spamming revives as well and 3x as many as Aegon.
  • Options

This discussion has been closed.