**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Will this game be able to continue still after 40-70 yrs?? ( Just an interesting question)

Warbird87Warbird87 Posts: 23
edited January 30 in General Discussion
This game is amazing without a doubt...I don't want to game to be close ...but just have a question in my mind...how many years will this game last...if you ask with me ..this game should run minimum 50-60 more yrs haha for sure...this game is amazing thanks kabam!

Also i want to ask what reasons will make this game to be closed...?

Comments

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    I'd be surprised if it lasted more than twenty years.
  • Options
    TheSaithTheSaith Posts: 632 ★★★

5 for me
  • Options
    BendyBendy Posts: 3,416 ★★★★★
    If marvel creates new characters they partner with kabam for originals plus the amount there are already it can last a very long time but they dont plan that far ahead so who knows when it will die
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    If Kabam does not run into finical problem, 3-5 years.
    2-3 years will be the end of 7-star, it may survive another 2-3 years if they can find a new idea or people are still interested to do it again with 8-star, after that it's the real end, because MCOC will be a too old game for whales to pay at that point.
  • Options
    Warbird87 said:

I think there are more than 500k active players...also most of the old one not going to leave this game...more ppls coming too...maybe it can last 10 more years min

Let me guess, the community reached 11 million death in Necropolis. If the average death per player is 300 (half explored, 100 death per path), it's less than 40K players, let's make it 40K.

These are end-game players, but MCOC is a very old game, so end-game players percentage could be higher than other games, my guess is 20%-25%, so the total number of active players could be around 200K, still a lot of but far away from half million.
  • Options
    MidnightfoxMidnightfox Posts: 1,094 ★★★
    edited January 30
    Honestly I give the game 1-2 more years optimistically. Realistically 6 months to a year more. The gem is riddled with bugs that never get fixed unless it hurts kabam’s pockets. No accountability. Minute transparency. Greed from the marketing team that holds back a vast majority of players. Nothing it seems is tested properly before release anymore and we are basically the beta testers with each new addition to the contest. Every update presents a new bug. Bugs in this game are like hydra. Kill one and 2 more pop up. There are bugs that have persisted for over a year and still are not fixed. Of course with the latest title kabam hid it behind a paywall of course. It’s all about money and that’s going to start drying up unless kabam begins to listen to the community and make real CHANGES THAT BENEFIT THE PLAYER BASE AND NOT THEIR POCKETS. Kabam is milking what little is left of the game’s life cycle at this point and I see the game dead within 1-2 years. Just my 2 cents.
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 824 ★★★

• Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★
    Warbird87 said:

This game is amazing without a doubt...I don't want to game to be close ...but just have a question in my mind...how many years will this game last...if you ask with me ..this game should run minimum 50-60 more yrs haha for sure...this game is amazing thanks kabam!

It's depends..

If they need hercules, the game die in 2025...

If they don't touch hercules and release 7* soon, the game will continue till 2050....
  • Options
    bhuv9191bhuv9191 Posts: 247 ★★

Probably this is KT1
  • Options

Honestly I give the game 1-2 more years optimistically. Realistically 6 months to a year more. The gem is riddled with bugs that never get fixed unless it hurts kabam’s pockets. No accountability. Minute transparency. Greed from the marketing team that holds back a vast majority of players. Nothing it seems is tested properly before release anymore and we are basically the beta testers with each new addition to the contest. Every update presents a new bug. Bugs in this game are like hydra. Kill one and 2 more pop up. There are bugs that have persisted for over a year and still are not fixed. Of course with the latest title kabam hid it behind a paywall of course. It’s all about money and that’s going to start drying up unless kabam begins to listen to the community and make real CHANGES THAT BENEFIT THE PLAYER BASE AND NOT THEIR POCKETS. Kabam is milking what little is left of the game’s life cycle at this point and I see the game dead within 1-2 years. Just my 2 cents.

6 months is extremely unlikely, they can make a lot of money in April and July. After that, they can do it again in November and December, so 1 year is pretty safe for them unless the company runs into finance issue because of other reasons. A year later, it will depend on quality of new contents, 2-3 is the most likely case IMO.
  • Options
    ShadowstrikeShadowstrike Posts: 3,089 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

Game dies in 2099 confirmed

Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed but it’s hard to imagine human civilization lasting that long, let alone a mobile video game
    Didn't you ever see Ready Player one? You can have both a dystopian future and a video game that entertains the masses.
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,237 ★★★

• Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,819 ★★★★★
    o_o said:

Maybe I just got up on the wrong side of the bed but it’s hard to imagine human civilization lasting that long, let alone a mobile video game
    The United States of America was founded in 1776, making it 248 years old this year.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain was founded in 1707 (the Act of Union that formalized the prior union of the Kingdoms of England and Scotland), making it 317 years old this year.

The Kingdom of Denmark dates to circa 965AD. That makes it 1,059 years old.

And you think a mobile game making it to 85 years old is hard to imagine?
  • Options
    GhostboytjieGhostboytjie Posts: 2,209 ★★★★★

The real true answer is. This game dies when the kabam developers physically dies or they get old and stop working.
  • Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,685 Guardian

TheSaith said:

5 for me
    It's already 9. I'm giving it another 11 years.
    The devs do plan on having the game last a long time. The only reason the game would realistically die is if content stops being created in the game. If clash of clans still has a healthy playerbase even though the game now has town hall level 16 or something, then there's no real reason why mcoc would die.
  • Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 4,009 ★★★★★
    Pikolu said:

TheSaith said:

5 for me
    It's already 9. I'm giving it another 11 years.
    The devs do plan on having the game last a long time. The only reason the game would realistically die is if content stops being created in the game. If clash of clans still has a healthy playerbase even though the game now has town hall level 16 or something, then there's no real reason why mcoc would die.
    But I do believe a lot of players already quitted clash of clans and their playerbase is gradually shrinking.

If Most playerbase get bored or frustrate with mcoc than the ones who actually love to play, and the playerbase continuously starts to shrink, it is essentially death for game ig.

It will eventually happen when game becomes too complex too handle.
  • Options
    o_oo_o Posts: 834 ★★★★

o_o said:

The United States of America was founded in 1776, making it 248 years old this year.

The United Kingdom of Great Britain was founded in 1707 (the Act of Union that formalized the prior union of the Kingdoms of England and Scotland), making it 317 years old this year.

The Kingdom of Denmark dates to circa 965AD. That makes it 1,059 years old.

And you think a mobile game making it to 85 years old is hard to imagine?
    Oh i'm not questioning the longevity of a video game or the abovementioned nation-states. I'm pondering the odds of humanity going extinct in the next 4 to 7 decades.
    We'll probably be fine though

• Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,292 ★★★★
    The game will persist, but I think once technology moves past "rectangular smartphones with touch screens" the game won't survive. For a game built on just swipe and tap inputs, it would probably be too much work for Kabam to transfer the game's engine to one, let's say, that can handle augmented reality and hand waving controls.

So 20 years max I'd say.
  • Options
    klobberintymeklobberintyme Posts: 1,433 ★★★★
    Warbird87 said:

Pro tip: you never look at how long somethings been around, you look at where it's going, or where it can go. Is there 9 more years of growth in this current configuration of the game? More importantly, the cost of upkeep increases year over year, at what point does increasing costs (ip, infrastructure, kabam miike's COLA raise, etc) negate expected profit margins?

Better question for whomever acquires Kabam after Netmarble implodes (it's coming, Google it): is it more cost effective for a ground up reboot or adding more floors to an aging (and costly) infrastructure?

So, sooner than you want but not sooner than you think.