**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

So no raid compensation?

Comments

• Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 473 ★★★
    Spending was a choice, my G. And that's on you.
    Perhaps you should have played it a bit safer seeing as it was the debut of Raids.
  • Options
    FunnyDudeFunnyDude Posts: 463 ★★★
    edited January 30

Spending was a choice, my G. And that's on you.
    Perhaps you should have played it a bit safer seeing as it was the debut of Raids.

If people know, some of them would never try in the first round, the problem is not enough information for players to even make a guess about resource consumption. Nobody can just give up halfway because at the end this is mode for alliance not individual, if you are in a good alliance you should know this.

I would be surprised if Kabam didn't tune RAID because they have plenty of data, I believe they also read reddit and watch youtube besides all positive information from famous names in this forum.
    let's see if I'm wrong.
  • Options
    HERUHERU Posts: 121 ★★

Compensation for what?

For the charges bug. The one where charges were disappearing, and the one where there was no damage boost in the actual fight itself no matter how many charges you builded up.
    And for the revives not appearing in the store on the last day if not very late...

• Options
    POOKYmanPOOKYman Posts: 33
    edited January 31

Compensation for what?

It's supposed to be hard content.
    It may have launched too hard, and there's a ton of validity in wanting it to be toned down a bit going forward - but the content was perfectly doable and was finished by dozens of alliances at all skill levels.

Besides the tens of thousands of extra Glory, the first Raid week was also free to enter & didn't require Raid Tickets.

Really?? Maybe a compensation for this huge bug where game pushes you to wrong path?? Extremely frustrating for some players because you can’t help your team at all. Seems it’s a bug when you enter with Hulkling.
    https://forums.playcontestofchampions.com/en/discussion/357698/huge-bug-in-raid-can-t-move-to-assigned-path/p1?new=1

• Options
    BigBlueOxBigBlueOx Posts: 1,587 ★★★★★
    DrZola said:

DrZola said:

FunnyDude said:

FunnyDude said:

Typhoon said:

Compensation for what?

For the charges bug. The one where charges were disappearing, and the one where there was no damage boost in the actual fight itself no matter how many charges you builded up.
    The "charge bug" is the same cross-fight bug that has been present in the game (most noticeably, in Incursions) for years across every game mode. If a disconnect happens, or if you force quit the app, the fight loses those cross fights / etc.

I'm not saying it's not an awful bug - it is, and hopefully, it will be fixed everywhere in the future.
    I just don't see how you go about sending compensation for a bug like this that isn't Raid exclusive, has been present for years, and didn't impact the majority of players.

I wouldn't say no to free stuff, I love free stuff and always welcome any & all free stuff - but it would make a lot more sense to me to ask for compensation if the first Raid week wasn't free to play - since the only form of compensation would likely be Raid tickets lol

It just seems more efficient to ask for another free week next month 🤷🏻‍♀️
    That would be fine in a vacuum where 29 other people don't care if you finish the raid. Some of us (myself included) spent resources (and money) after having our charges wiped on Maestro (twice!) to try and make up the lost time not just for us, but our team.

Big fan btw!
    This is a very fair point - and I empathize with it a lot. Obviously, worth noting, I'm not even slightly involved with whether or not there is compensation for Raids - but, I do understand how it would be frustrating to feel "forced" to spend your way through the rest of Raids after a crash, whether it be with resources or real money.
    The pressure to 100% the map in a team mode is definitely very real.

In a perfect world, the bugs don't exist - and in a slightly less perfect world, there's a magic button that replenishes any resources spent due to bugs (in any game mode).

Myself & others have already given lots of feedback to the powers that be to hopefully alleviate some Raid frustrations going forward... hopefully, the experience is improved for everybody soon.

Also, hey, thanks - I'm a big fan of you 🫶🏻
    So you do realize there are frustrations and “doable” is not good enough, people spent their real money in a beta which is not well tuned and with bugs, this is why people are asking for compensation, since you questioned in the first reply.
    So what should the comprnsation be?.. Ballpark.. just round it up and tell us what you think compensation for spending "real money" should be...
    Revives and potions? I gave my feedbacks many times already.
    Eh... They could give you a few AQ revives and Pots i guess... Not sure if the raid 100% revives even go into overflow...now the question is the quantity...
    I personally think that a free round has better value.
    What I am surprised at is that...people are so worked up over it and there is still like 2 weeks left until the next raid...
    A free round is probably the best to hope for—helpful to the team to have larger sample size for big checks, helpful to players because it carries some acknowledgement things weren’t quite ready for prime time the first week.

Dr. Zola
    I do believe its the best value and resort..
    If thet do revs and pots then you are going to have a thread with people saying "Hey I used 2x as much as the compensation blahblah"... Seen it happen way too many times with bugs on other game modes. One that comes to mind was the EoP overseer bug and they sent a few revives and pots... People got so mad...
    True. There’s literally no way to quantify it fairly. Personally, I used only a few revives from overflow, but I know others who used more as well as some from the threads active towards end of week. Also know of a couple of CCP players whose BG got hosed by the charges bugs as well, so I’m hopeful it’s front and center for the team to address before next time.

Of course, if the team had openly announced Raid week as a live beta, with all of the attendant caveats, a lot of this might have been avoided.

Dr. Zola
    100% this. This is the real disappointment about it being launched as a play tested and complete game mode rather than the beta it clearly still was. Item use wasn’t due to it being to hard, it was due to poor tuning of the fights, buffs, available champs and… surprise surprise bugs.

Something should be done… but what? I’m sure that whatever is done could potentially create more drama… still it would be better than doing nothing.

• Options
    XAMA said:

- but the content was perfectly doable and was finished by dozens of alliances at all skill levels.

Really interesting data! For a game with millions of downloads, having just dozens of alliances completing the newest and highly anticipated game mode is a total failure under any business and marketing point of view.
    This is exactly what I said, if Kabam says this feature is designed only for 500 people, I’m ok. Otherwise the first round caused a lot of unintended trouble for many alliances.This is the answer for the WHAT asked by Karatemike.
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

- but the content was perfectly doable and was finished by dozens of alliances at all skill levels.

Really interesting data! For a game with millions of downloads, having just dozens of alliances completing the newest and highly anticipated game mode is a total failure under any business and marketing point of view.
    Exactly!! And also dozens of alliances which completed may have spent thousands of units to do it. Just like the person who used something like 1400 revives to complete the necropolis path. That still doesn’t make this perfectly doable with all the bugs in it.
    I'm not gonna comment on the 'doability' of bugged content, but rather about the compensation side of things.

Necropolis was completed/explored in a bugged state (Boss' commands did not appear correctly) by more than "dozens of alliances", and there has been no compensation from that. So I dunno if the scale of players impacted by a bug is something Kabam uses to judge whether compensation is needed or not.

They've certainly gotten stingier about compensation as of late. It seemed pretty recently where they were sending in-game compensation messages almost monthly for awhile for some issue that I've already forgotten about.

• Options
    Graves_3Graves_3 Posts: 1,307 ★★★★★
    @altavista you are right. They would send a compensation package in the past if their scheduled server maintenance went longer than expected. It was not a huge package but something to say sorry for the inconvenience. Gone are those days.
  • Options
    altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Exactly!! And also dozens of alliances which completed may have spent thousands of units to do it. Just like the person who used something like 1400 revives to complete the necropolis path. That still doesn’t make this perfectly doable with all the bugs in it.
    I'm not gonna comment on the 'doability' of bugged content, but rather about the compensation side of things.

Necropolis was completed/explored in a bugged state (Boss' commands did not appear correctly) by more than "dozens of alliances", and there has been no compensation from that. So I dunno if the scale of players impacted by a bug is something Kabam uses to judge whether compensation is needed or not.

They've certainly gotten stingier about compensation as of late. It seemed pretty recently where they were sending in-game compensation messages almost monthly for awhile for some issue that I've already forgotten about.

That’s the difference between individual event and alliance event, especially when the alliance event is in the middle of war and BG season. Last round AR effectively forced every individuals of map-8 alliance to try it, and forced them to complete it if there is a tiny bit of possibility.

Again, if it’s as reasonable as you guys said, then Kabam wouldn’t change much for AR, it will prove I’m wrong, but I’ll be surprised.
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,721 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Did they actually reveal it was for a single completion of Necropolis?...
    Could have been 1400.fpr explo...
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Not an official confirmation but this is the closest I have.
  • Options
    Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Wow thanks.
    I personally question the way Raids was released...
    Free entry good...
    No previous testing BAD.
    There is this sense of alliance pressure where you can't just say "screw this bug I am Done" because there are 10 other people counting on you...
  • Options

Graves_3 said:

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Wow thanks.
    I personally question the way Raids was released...
    Free entry good...
    No previous testing BAD.
    There is this sense of alliance pressure where you can't just say "screw this bug I am Done" because there are 10 other people counting on you...
    I had an inkling that it’s going to be bad. In my BG, we just decided to take a single path and get the 3 chests on the path. The other 2 BG’s in my alliance were more adventurous and only the 3 who took the right sided path could actually reach the boss. I personally didn't lose much to ask for compensation but I do think that the people who were adversely affected deserve something for their trouble.
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163

Compensation for what mate? Also, the amount of Glory we got during Raids should be more than enough of a compensation for the rough start!

Rough start? Some allies didn’t get any glory or to even play raids at all. Many of us don’t have raids in our games or allies like y’all do. So yes we need compensation as well as raids fixed before it starts in a few weeks and we miss out a second time.

Just actually got raids don’t mean the rest of us did and only some got glory. And even if we all got glory it still doesn’t erase the last gates and other rewards we miss out on due to no raids for us.
  • Options
    ChiiccChiicc Posts: 163
    FunnyDude said:

Compensation for what mate? Also, the amount of Glory we got during Raids should be more than enough of a compensation for the rough start!

Far away from enough, you can't save those glory, you can only buy limited items and potions a week.
    Many people spent hundreds or even thousands of units in the last round RAID.

Anyway, Kabam can see the negative impact of this horribly tuned beta feature in their background data.
    And a lot of allies were properly enlisted and kabam even answers tickets saying “yes enlistment is right” thanks for videos showing you are infact enlisted yet we couldn’t access raids. Not just raids though. Some of us have our war stolen as well as raids. Some of us can’t do war or raids as we see fit due to this massive mess up and we keep getting told in tickets that sorry we don’t have an answer keep looking in forums for updates. Like we just have to go with no raids and war and aq messed up with being gaslight as an ally. It’s **** this is wrong what they are doing to the guys who had war and raids stolen from them
  • Options
    I will say… the glory bug shouldn’t be considered the compensation and for one primary reason, purchase limits and timers on potions capped the usefulness of this bug.

If you were in a team that was dedicated to completing the raid then even with the ludicrous amount of glory provided unintentionally chances are you still had to spend your own resources (potions and units) to power through. I think that’s what make the use of the C word a fair request
  • Options
    DrDisconnect.DrDisconnect. Posts: 396 ★★
    altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Brother it was fixed the same day.
  • Options
    ra_wrra_wr Posts: 38

Guess there will be no raid compensation? Or is there any news about it? How did they handle these things in the past?

compensation for what exactly?? they released the gamemode poorly, gave all of us technically a "free trial" and expand on our criticisms. no need for a compensation unless a game breaking bug happened (only one that is almost gamebreaking is the disconnect lose all ramp up, even then that didnt happen to majority of us).

• Options
    ra_wr said:

Guess there will be no raid compensation? Or is there any news about it? How did they handle these things in the past?

compensation for what exactly?? they released the gamemode poorly, gave all of us technically a "free trial" and expand on our criticisms. no need for a compensation unless a game breaking bug happened (only one that is almost gamebreaking is the disconnect lose all ramp up, even then that didnt happen to majority of us).

Game breaking like building charges and have them wiped and have to start at 0?
  • Options
    edited February 1
    (editing comments on the forums is the worst experience known to mankind)
  • Options
    XAMA said:

Surely, you aren't implying that there were millions of Alliances participating in Raids.
    Dozens can range from 24 - 240+ Alliances - the latter of which is likely more than the amount that even attempted it.
    Raids are designed as a step up from Map 8 - how many Alliances do you think regularly run Map 8 every week?

It's always so amusing to me how far people will go to intentionally miss the point of what people are trying to say & create an entirely different argument in the process.
  • Options
    What_A_MessWhat_A_Mess Posts: 22
    edited February 2
    BigBlueOx said:

I will say… the glory bug shouldn’t be considered the compensation and for one primary reason, purchase limits and timers on potions capped the usefulness of this bug.

If you were in a team that was dedicated to completing the raid then even with the ludicrous amount of glory provided unintentionally chances are you still had to spend your own resources (potions and units) to power through. I think that’s what make the use of the C word a fair request

Exactly, we can't use those glory to buy potions because of the limit, we can't trade those glory for units but we have to spend units because of bugs or untested contents.
    It's ridiculous to say glory bug is "compensation".
  • Options
    edited February 2

BigBlueOx said:

Exactly, we can't use those glory to buy potions because of the limit, we can't trade those glory for units but we have to spend units because of bugs or untested contents.
    It's ridiculous to say glory bug is "compensation".
    At this point it seems, I think we got our response. The mode is “a success”. That’s why there’s a bulleted list of things that were addressed… things that us beta testers provided as constructive feedback at our own expense.

I hope this comment ages poorly, because maybe I’m wrong and something is going to be done but if not then this whole Raid experience could be packaged into a master class on how to gaslight your consumer base.
  • Options
    SirGamesBondSirGamesBond Posts: 4,221 ★★★★★
    edited February 2
  • Options
    altavistaaltavista Posts: 1,291 ★★★★

altavista said:

Graves_3 said:

XAMA said:

Brother it was fixed the same day.
    I can tell you that it was not.

I explored Necropolis and took about 4 weeks to do so. I don't remember when it was fixed, but I remember experiencing the bug on several paths (and I did not do several paths in 1 day, or even days one right after each other.

I never actually heard them announce it was fixed - I did see several forum posts from Guardians saying that Kabam was aware and looking into it. I don't remember if it was fixed by the time I attempted my last few paths, or if I just ignored the bug and plowed through.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★
    My suggestion for rolling out new game mode content is simple. Make the first week free. Make it an actual beta test for summoners. Collect data, fix problems that you see and then release the content.

This way you get your data, find out what issues there are and no one is angry. 1 week of good rewards wouldn't hurt the game economy and gets rid of the majority of frustration. Just be clear to everyone first week is for testing purposes and then will revert to design intent.