Options

Jay Axe Champions Predictions

Comments

• Options

Just Gonna Drop these here to see what @Jay_Axe thinks

Are the characters on each 'Class Hive' meant to be connected to each other in some way or are they just random blanks?
  • Options

Next month champs?

Confirmed today Dust (Mutant) and Ironheart (Tech). we kind of new classes because of AW so expected Ironheart or Bastion did not see Dust coming!
  • Options
    edited January 29
    @SonOfArgu16
    seems like the mystery spots are at least connected to one or more surrounding champs though
    Onslaught was the only questionable one, but found a comic where X-force protects X-Man from Onslaught has domino on the team so I guess it works and also Chee'ilth connecting to Ægon both being original champs only connection.
  • Options
    Mystery Synergy graphic update in light of narrative roadmap tommorow.

Vox teasing Beta Ray Bill.

Gladiator teasing an Annihilator.

Gladiator teasing a future champ with a mohawk.

Deathless Guillotine teasing more Deathless champs.

• Options
    UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Posts: 1,099 ★★★★
    Jay_Axe said:

@SonOfArgu16
    seems like the mystery spots are at least connected to one or more surrounding champs though
    Onslaught was the only questionable one, but found a comic where X-force protects X-Man from Onslaught has domino on the team so I guess it works and also Chee'ilth connecting to Ægon both being original champs only connection.

Dust has no connection to any of those characters that all the blanks are surrounded by. Cyclopse, Emma, Dani (less so), X-23 would've been the connectors.
  • Options
    Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Posts: 2,536 ★★★★★

It seems pretty random. Which is why I hate these over the old 'web' style maps.

Probably because they were tired of Jay Axe predicting 90% of the champs correctly. Haha!
  • Options

Jay_Axe said:

@SonOfArgu16

Dust has no connection to any of those characters that all the blanks are surrounded by. Cyclopse, Emma, Dani (less so), X-23 would've been the connectors.
    She was on young x-men with sunspot and her m-day variant was best friends with Jubilee
  • Options

It seems pretty random. Which is why I hate these over the old 'web' style maps.

Probably because they were tired of Jay Axe predicting 90% of the champs correctly. Haha!
    lol was not just me they definitely made this map harder because guesses were too easy
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,151 ★★★★★
    After watching the livestream I think the folks might have made it obvious that Arcade is coming to the contest in June with it being an X-Men month and the story revolving around a deadly contest of champions.

They also mentioned that the mutant being added in the same month would be part of Alpha Flight so I think they might be talking about Northstar.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,541 ★★★★★

After watching the livestream I think the folks might have made it obvious that Arcade is coming to the contest in June with it being an X-Men month and the story revolving around a deadly contest of champions.

They also mentioned that the mutant being added in the same month would be part of Alpha Flight so I think they might be talking about Northstar.

It's definitely Northstar.
  • Options
    ThatGuyYouSaw235ThatGuyYouSaw235 Posts: 3,151 ★★★★★

It's definitely Northstar.
    well boys thats June figured out
  • Options
    100% Northstar and Arcade.

I'm glad they gave us an easy one, and I'm stoked to see how they make Northstar different from Quicksilver, but it'll be really nice to have a Mutant speedster after Marvel took that away from us 5 years ago.
  • Options
    edited February 2
    Edit: my comment double-posted so here's an image of Northstar and Arcade.

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,541 ★★★★★

100% Northstar and Arcade.

I'm glad they gave us an easy one, and I'm stoked to see how they make Northstar different from Quicksilver, but it'll be really nice to have a Mutant speedster after Marvel took that away from us 5 years ago.

I hope he's a faster Quicksilver for short fights lol different abilities of course but I do want to see a lot of whiplash debuffs too.
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,855 ★★★★★
    Northstar flies...

• Options
    Godslayer_1Godslayer_1 Posts: 329 ★★★

Edit: my comment double-posted so here's an image of Northstar and Arcade.

Northstar's design is so cooool. Thanks for posting this.
  • Options
    Darkraw346Darkraw346 Posts: 2,033 ★★★★
    I was thinking Spiral for June and that the theme is fun and games (as in the "games" at the Mojoverse)
  • Options

my predictions. there are some easy alternate options like lizard & wizard or hobgoblin & spider-punk (hobbie) for April, negasonic or ladyD & gorilla man or maverick for may, northstar & arcade for june. March and July I think are locked in would prefer comic enchantress but doors open for sylvie.
  • Options
    Updating my Narrative Roadmap predictions.

I heavily cross referenced the roster map with the narrative teases which they don't correlate this year so
    Kabam Miike said listen again to Tyler.

Let me know what you think! I am sure the ones I changed are planned

• Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,217 ★★★★
    I don't think Gorilla Man is skill, he would be Mystic, and for Heist, I don't think he would fit. If not Negasonic, Mystique but I don't know if we finally hit the stage where Kabam is able to put her in the game, or Fantomex and Silver Sable might be a good guess.
  • Options
    Jay_Axe said:

I heavily cross referenced the roster map with the narrative teases which they don't correlate this year so

The only thing that doesn't work IMO is that Tyler said the champs in April have similar names. Almost has to be Lizard and Wizard. I'm not crazy about Negasonic and Gorilla Man, but I think you nailed it.
  • Options
    edited February 3
    I may be reaching here also, but one of the episodes of Echo featured a Train Heist..... Could be Echo for May.

Also, 100% Arcade as he is the only villain action figure from the super villains series NOT in the game already.
  • Options

Jay_Axe said:

The only thing that doesn't work IMO is that Tyler said the champs in April have similar names. Almost has to be Lizard and Wizard. I'm not crazy about Negasonic and Gorilla Man, but I think you nailed it.
    I thought about it and went researching. Apparently Spider Punk and Prowler are both named Hobie Brown
  • Options
    edited February 3

Jay_Axe said:

I thought about it and went researching. Apparently Spider Punk and Prowler are both named Hobie Brown
    I saw that as well. Certainly possible. But also his F4 hat... Wizard is F4 villain.
  • Options

Jay_Axe said:

I saw that as well. Certainly possible. But also his F4 hat... Wizard is F4 villain.
    yeah they were my first thought too but have no correlation besides name so went with the spider pattern of 2022-2023 spidey events
  • Options

I don't think Gorilla Man is skill, he would be Mystic, and for Heist, I don't think he would fit. If not Negasonic, Mystique but I don't know if we finally hit the stage where Kabam is able to put her in the game, or Fantomex and Silver Sable might be a good guess.

his abilities in the comics are more skill based than mystic and was a merc for money. shatterstar is also a good shout for the mutant spot more deadpool 2 related than merc for money. I think I predicted mystique and silver sable too early probably next year.
  • Options

I started reading this and was like "wait I don't remember saying this and I'm sober now... what's happening to me" before I realized it was you lol.

You and I are *I think* the only REGULAR forum commentors using Wiccan and this is NOT the first time I've thought I said something when it wasn't me.
  • Options

I started reading this and was like "wait I don't remember saying this and I'm sober now... what's happening to me" before I realized it was you lol.

You and I are *I think* the only REGULAR forum commentors using Wiccan and this is NOT the first time I've thought I said something when it wasn't me.
    This happened to me so many times, you have no idea 😂
  • Options
    Sundance_2099Sundance_2099 Posts: 2,855 ★★★★★
    Absolute left-field guess for the skill merc character: Solo.