Dust Deep Dive!

AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★
edited February 4 in General Discussion
https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=xxOLLg32SFc&pp=ygUETWNvYw%3D%3D
She looks really fun IMO. Reminds me of Prof X, building up prowess then letting off a flurry of specials. Also has great offensive and defensive utility, will probably be a good addition to the BG deck. Good to see more cool champions added to the mutant class.

Comments

• UsagicassidyUsagicassidy Member Posts: 1,303 ★★★★

It feels like it's going to be a LONG time (if at all) that we get another New X-Men Academy X character, so I am SUPER hyped and putting ALL of my hype eggs in this basket...

Tho that's what I did for Dani Moonstar as well. But I'm more optimistic about Dust from her kit. Either way, whenever I FINALLY score her, she's going to the top of my rankings.

Fun little stats - these are official from Marvel themselves - we'll see how she compares in the game:

*Praying for more New X-Men some day*

• Vegeta9001Vegeta9001 Member Posts: 1,700 ★★★★★

• EdisonLawEdisonLaw Member Posts: 6,269 ★★★★★
    if Sandman and Storm had a child: it would be Dust.
    Axew said:

She looks really fun IMO. Reminds me of Prof X, building up prowess then letting off a flurry of specials. Also has great offensive and defensive utility, will probably be a good addition to the BG deck. Good to see more cool champions added to the mutant class.

More Nimgod food
  • NojokejaymNojokejaym Member Posts: 4,110 ★★★★★
    So is sandman going to be immune, just curious?
  • Emilia90Emilia90 Member Posts: 3,370 ★★★★★

EdisonLaw said:

Axew said:

More Nimgod food
    How would she be Nimrod food if she's shock immune? Lol
    Yeah idk what he’s waffling on about
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★

No chance. His kit has already been out and they will not add "sand" immunity. Also would be pointless to do so.
  • TheTrueBeast10TheTrueBeast10 Member Posts: 126 ★★★

No chance. His kit has already been out and they will not add "sand" immunity. Also would be pointless to do so.
    I wouldn't say pointless. For a game that's built on finding unique counters for unique fights, it'd be a plus. I guarantee a future quest or Act will have a loaded Dust that it'd be nice to have another counter for.
  • Bugmat78Bugmat78 Member Posts: 2,351 ★★★★★
    edited February 4

It would be Ghostrider and Iceman all over again i he wasn't immune to sand debuff :D

She looks cool though
    edited February 4

EdisonLaw said:

Axew said:

More Nimgod food
    SP3. Also he has a synergy with Omega Sentinel that applies incinerate instead of shock (just not in BGs)
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

EdisonLaw said:

Axew said:

More Nimgod food
    SP3. Also he has a synergy with Omega Sentinel that applies incinerate instead of shock (just not in BGs)
    Sp3 is too slow for BGs and you can't use synergies in BGs so no she won't be Nimrod food. I don't think anyone ever struggles with EQ or story content for synergies to matter that much.
  • ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Member Posts: 5,373 ★★★★★

What's next? "This Champion disables MD for the remainder of the fight.." because we want them to have buffs, but not be exposed to the other side of the coin?

That would actually be great I hate when MD pushes me above the special I wanted to throw with Abs Man lol
  • hungryhungrybbqhungryhungrybbq Member Posts: 2,199 ★★★★★

What's next? "This Champion disables MD for the remainder of the fight.." because we want them to have buffs, but not be exposed to the other side of the coin?

That would actually be great I hate when MD pushes me above the special I wanted to throw with Abs Man lol
    DiabGoat doesn't have this issue 😌
  • Aomine_Daiki10Aomine_Daiki10 Member Posts: 1,643 ★★★★★
    What's with the new champs disabling willpower mastery + direct damage.
  • OurobørosOurobøros Member Posts: 1,536 ★★★★

Would love to have any of those in the game
  • AxewAxew Member Posts: 620 ★★★★

Also her sandstorm damage doesn’t seem to be based on distance, so there’s no real way to avoid it and you can’t heal back using willpower. She’s going to deal a ton of chip damage over long fights.
  • Barrier ReefBarrier Reef Member Posts: 730 ★★★
    Big L she’s not rupture immune. Stoked for her tho.
  • PriyabrataPriyabrata Member Posts: 1,237 ★★★★
    EdisonLaw said:

Axew said:

More Nimgod food
    Shock immune
  • Yodabolt21Yodabolt21 Member Posts: 2,592 ★★★★★
    Kappa2g said:

Direct damage isn't new but just a single line in the kit to disable a player investment and choice (mastery) is frankly digusting and lazy game design honestly.
    Totally agree. Robots do not benefit from WP, so that covers the problem IMO. Why punish every champ against her for something we all paid for via units?

Just wait until 2025 when a champ has an ability that is “opponents do not gain any power from striking “x” and power gain buffs and passives are disabled. Instead, for every 20% of health bar lost, the opponent gains 1 bar of power.

I fully understand you have to have unique kits etc… but this is getting really old, really fast.
  • FunnyDudeFunnyDude Member Posts: 541 ★★★★
    No surprise, Sandstorm gives you all time cheap damage (not that cheap) and no way for you to avoid, no cool down.

Good work Kabam, keep creating this kind of champions then increase difficulty of tactics, you players would love to spend more money on potions.