**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New loading screen question

Josh2507Josh2507 Posts: 557 ★★★
It’s cool and all. But… why does she have a helmet inside her helmet?

Comments

• Options
    Savage123456789Savage123456789 Posts: 641 ★★★
    Maybe she’s standing in front of a mirror and we are seeing her reflection 🤣
  • Options
    Emilia90Emilia90 Posts: 1,820 ★★★★★
    I didn’t even think about this because I thought it looked cool lmao

Maybe that was their plan
  • Options
    SilentArisSilentAris Posts: 56
    I was thinking the same for all this time
  • Options
    PT_99PT_99 Posts: 2,338 ★★★★★
    She's shy to reveal her face 🤗
  • Options
    OpandemonioOpandemonio Posts: 1,191 ★★★★
    I had the same thought but didn't want to be the one to bring this up 😂
  • Options
    Kabam Jax said:

It is a POV shot, she's looking in a mirror...?

Problem. Solved.

Insightful.
    Because you can see her display's writing is readable (so from point of view of her looking at her display screen while looking in the mirror to see herself also). At least those characters that are decipherable, the 02, 03, 04 on left, and big Question Mark on right side of screen. They are not reversed.

Versus Tony's pic above where everything is in reverse. Which is then like seeing him from outside his helmet, but either would have to be a translucent pic of his helmet display as looking at him from outside. Or whether he has that display visible to him with his visor retracted (sort of like with Google Glasses, projected into midair for him to still see without the visor closed).
  • Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Err how is a mirror reflecting the inside of a helmet...🤔
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★

The reflection on the inside of the glass faceplate. Obviously.
  • Options
    ButtehrsButtehrs Posts: 4,787 ★★★★★
    Or...she wears a helmet inside her helmet?
  • Options

Put on your Google Glasses and ask Google something that would then show it to you on your glass display.
    Then put on your motorcycle helmet and put down the visor.
    Then go walk into your bathroom.
    And look in the mirror.

You would see your Google Glasses display, as well as looking beyond that into the mirror, which would then reflect “yourself” (in your helmet/visor).

• Options
    M0NKEYNUTSM0NKEYNUTS Posts: 90
    edited February 6
    Maybe it's the first person view of an armored champ who is looking at Ironheart. They would be standing very close, helmet to helmet.
  • Options
    Crine60Crine60 Posts: 1,391 ★★★★

Kabam Jax said:

It is a POV shot, she's looking in a mirror...?

Problem. Solved.

Insightful.
    Because you can see her display's writing is readable (so from point of view of her looking at her display screen while looking in the mirror to see herself also). At least those characters that are decipherable, the 02, 03, 04 on left, and big Question Mark on right side of screen. They are not reversed.

Versus Tony's pic above where everything is in reverse. Which is then like seeing him from outside his helmet, but either would have to be a translucent pic of his helmet display as looking at him from outside. Or whether he has that display visible to him with his visor retracted (sort of like with Google Glasses, projected into midair for him to still see without the visor closed).
    Unless the display is supposed to be projected outside of her helmet (and if so, they messed up by not reversing the writing and symbols) I think the artists just made a mistake because they may not have a picture for what Riri's face looks like so went with what we actually see of Ironheart in-game. They wanted to copy the concept of what was shown in the screenshot of Tony inside his helmet but didn't have a human face for her and didn't think through that if we were seeing through her helmet to see the display that we wouldn't then also see her helmet and then forgot to reverse the writing and symbols which conveniently fits this excuse.

If we are supposedly seeing what she sees through her eyes from inside her helmet while also seeing herself in a mirror or reflective surface inside the helmet then shouldn't the display be curved the other way towards our eyes which are supposedly where her eyes would be? In the picture of Tony the display is curved towards his face because we are supposed to be seeing him through his helmet so we see the display he sees in front of his face and it curves towards him.

If Jax's claim (it seems like he was just seizing on the explanation offered by the person who posted 3 messages before he did) was true then we are basically in the position that the "actual" Ironheart is in so the display should be curving in towards our eyes, but it is curving outwards instead towards the face that is supposedly just a reflection.

I don't recall ever seeing a movie/TV show where they had a HUD/AR display that curved away from the person that was viewing it. I only recall seeing ones that curve in towards the person seeing it or were on a flat plane. I also don't think I've ever seen curved monitors that curve away from you instead of towards you which is the same concept, though I could be wrong on that as I haven't searched for outwardly curving monitors (there are things like the Sphere in Las Vegas or curved screens like billboards or news scrolls but I don't think those count as the same concept).
  • Options
    DeaconDeacon Posts: 4,069 ★★★★★
    simple answer. art team thought it looked wicked which it does and also ... the in game model is a helmet, no face so they couldn't use a face with the image .. we'll never see anything except the character as they are presented in the game in any art used in conjunction with the game.
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

I don't recall ever seeing a movie/TV show where they had a HUD/AR display that curved away from the person that was viewing it. I only recall seeing ones that curve in towards the person seeing it or were on a flat plane. I also don't think I've ever seen curved monitors that curve away from you instead of towards you which is the same concept, though I could be wrong on that as I haven't searched for outwardly curving monitors (there are things like the Sphere in Las Vegas or curved screens like billboards or news scrolls but I don't think those count as the same concept).

Good point.
    I was assuming the readability of her text means that the “camera” is at her face looking outward. First thru the projected text (thus why it's readable to her, not reversed) and the continuing into a mirror away from her so that she is then seeing her “outwardly observable” helmet reflected off of the mirror (the text wouldn’t also be displayed off of mirror because that is only being projected for her to see INSIDE her helmet).

And Tony's is basically from the standpoint of camera being imaginarily placed beyond his helmet, but visualizing what it would see taking a picture towards his face if it were able to take a picture while ignoring all the metal/plastic of his helmet itself. Thus the text being reversed.

But, yes, the curvature between the 2 pics should then be different from each other as well.
  • Options
    SummonerNRSummonerNR Posts: 10,658 Guardian
    edited February 6
    @Crine60 , or someone like @DNA3000

(Question: about VR headsets, etc.)
    How exactly do your EYES focus on what is being displayed by the VR headsets ?

Eyes focusing has 2 different aspects to it.

(1) looking close up, vs far away. Your 2 eyes are angled slightly closer together (toward your nose), versus angled further apart.
    Thus how you see either 2 images (your finger vs something further away) when you hold your finger in front of your face and change focus between that and an object further away.

(2) but at the same time, they ALSO change their curvature, so that closing 1 eye you still can see something in-focus vs out-of-focus when switching looking at your finger or that further object. (Even though you have 1 eye covered up).

So, I imagine that the VR display is such that you would Focus your eyes as if looking at something further away (otherwise everyone will go cross-eyed using VR's).

But if so, then how does the CURVATURE of your eye work, when it is focused as if it is looking far away. The VR display itself is only 1-2 inches away, but wouldn’t your eyes curvature make that VR image/text blurry ??

Or is the VR image/text displayed as purposely blurry on the screen itself, such that when compensating for a distant-focused curvature of your eye, those 2 factors combines together to make that blurry image actually something that is NOT blurry ???
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    The way I see it is that the ironheart photo is in a mirror and the symbols is iron hearts pov
  • Options
    This has been bugging me as well
  • Options
    13579rebel_13579rebel_ Posts: 2,411 ★★★★★
    Oh no I never realized that!

Now it's gonna bug me all month!

• Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    edited February 6
    She wanted to try on the summoners helmet as well? If it was reflected in a mirror, wouldn't the question mark be backwards? Just have fun with it. Besides the last loading screen had bullseye missing his target 3 times.