**WE ARE NO LONGER Temporarily Reverting Tier 1 War Ban System**

After further discussion, the game team has made the decision not make adjustements to the ban system.
The previously proposed fix would have resolved the issue for Summoners who are on the cusp of T1/T2 play, and negatively impacted Alliances more securely in T1. Instead, we recommend that cusp Alliances switch to Manual Placement to your members to place the allotted 5 Ban Champions limit there.

Apologies for the back and forth, and for any confusion.
Options

Kabam what HAPPENED??

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
You guys showed that you were able to create a really good endgame piece of content with the necropolis (I know there are some flaws/issues but on the whole it's a big step up from abyss). The rewards were tuned much better to the difficulty and the encounters felt challenging but doable. But the BIGGEST thing was the fact that the paths and nodes were not champion specific. Granted, you couldn't use any champion at all but there were a lot of good viable options such as: aegon, kate, guilly2099, abs man, doom, shuri, wong, zemo etc. And the grandmaster fight was insanely well designed and deservedly praised.

So WHAT the hell HAPPENED with winter of woe?? Let's get it straight, the fight itself is actually mostly alright, but you cannot limit people to literally 1 or 2 counters when there are so many champs in this game. The gamma objective is fine. You get a few good options (hulk, overseer, she hulk, gladiator hulk? joe fixit?) and they're all old or very old champions so fair enough. But robots you have very few counters, warlock (bugged) and guilly 2099 can solo but it's insanely difficult without the 7 star, preferably at r2. I think viv vision works but she is newer and its also very difficult. Abs man healing is just way too punishing. Then there is the sinister six objective. Sandman and shocker are good options but many people have not been lucky enough to pull them. So they're left with mysterio who can do this fight but it's an absolute slog and revive fest.

Many solutions have been put forward, such as choosing broader objectives like classes instead of tags, or simply outright banning a few champs that would make the fight trivial and then allowing the playerbase to use any other champions. Like if you made a difficult mutant fight then band nimrod etc. Just do SOMETHING!

Comments

• Options
    captain_rogerscaptain_rogers Posts: 5,182 ★★★★★
    Exactly, there are 12 sinister six champ and 12 + robots, atleast make 6 of them useful for god's sake
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    It has been so long since fights were actually challenging. I loved this one. I do have the supposed top 3 options as 7*s though. But i still had to try a lot. Didn't get a solo either, but still liked it. I had to actually intercept and time my attacks a hell lot
  • Options
    HendrossHendross Posts: 953 ★★★

At least it's only ten energy to restart every time.

Too soon
  • Options
    AverageDesiAverageDesi Posts: 5,260 ★★★★★
    Graves_3 said:

It has been so long since fights were actually challenging. I loved this one. I do have the supposed top 3 options as 7*s though. But i still had to try a lot. Didn't get a solo either, but still liked it. I had to actually intercept and time my attacks a hell lot

There is a fine line between challenging and nonsense. This fight crossed that line. I am glad you enjoyed it though. Good for you.
    No I get it. But I don't really think there's any nonsense in this fight. The unstoppable was short enough to play around. And brute wasn't a big deal since you could punish his heavy and specials even when he was unstoppable. That to me is one of the main skill aspects of the fight.

The regen is the tough one which can screw you but despair works. And it's part and parcel of abs man. I'm just thankful they fixed the thing where he would regen at fight start. That would have been 💩
  • Options
    Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
    As you said though, you do have the top three options as 7 stars @AverageDesi . I don't have a 7 star sandman or shocker so I'll make do with my 6star sandman, but I pity anyone who doesn't have him or shocker. And yeah 10 energy is just silly and unnecessary. Make it 1 energy per tile.

I was one of the people who did pre nerf act 6 back in the day and I think even that piece of content was better than this...
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 816 ★★★★
    What happened? They likely didn't have anyone test this stuff. Kabam needs to hire testers.
  • Options
    MasterAKUMAMasterAKUMA Posts: 26
    Playing wow and trying to fulfill the objectives is painful. Can not have fun at all.