Options

Let's design a Winter of Woe Fight

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,224 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

Defender: Iron Fist
    Node 1: Diss track (no damage unless 3 debuffs applied)
    Node 2: Debuff immune
    Node 3: Force of Will (immune to ability accuracy reduction.)
    Node 4: Have fun! (This node serves no purpose other than to taunt the summoner)

@Nemesis_17 I like this idea πŸ’‘ β˜•οΈβ˜•οΈ
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 808 β˜…β˜…β˜…

Jack2634 said:

defender : 1 star groot
    hp : 400
    attack : 40
    node : debuff immunity + diss track

Hey that was my idea
    oh sorry dude, i guess while i typed it , you were also do it as your comment was like between 2 of mine. Anyway, im glad we got the same mindset lol
  • Options
    Cmbk96Cmbk96 Posts: 18 β˜…
    2 Mil health Human Torch with nova Flame always aktiv.

You are online allowed mystics.

Something i could imagine kabam actually doing.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,573 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I wonder if we will see newer trickier defenders like Onslaught or Maestro in this event, what nodes will they have?
  • Options
    Cmbk96 said:

2 Mil health Human Torch with nova Flame always aktiv.

You are online allowed mystics.

Something i could imagine kabam actually doing.

@Cmbk96 no mystic champs are immune to Nova flames lol at least none of the ones released so far what a fun time
  • Options
    edited February 9
    EdisonLaw said:

I wonder if we will see newer trickier defenders like Onslaught or Maestro in this event, what nodes will they have?

@EdisonLaw its possible that we may see them so have to see but If Asorbing Man was a Happy time I am scared of fighting Photon if she's the next EOP boss πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options

Defender is Absorbing Man. He has Brute Force......oh wait. Nevermind.

So did you manage to take down Absorbing Man @GroundedWisdom ??
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,330 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

I can take him down with Void. I'm just not up for it. I take him down with him, I get a Point and an extra one from Kabam.
    The idea of trying to do it with my Overseer afterwards, after several fruitless attempts, is not appealing to me.
    Other than that I have a number of Gamma Champs, none high enough to make a difference. Joe Fixit, but he's nothing without Bleed.
  • Options

I can take him down with Void. I'm just not up for it. I take him down with him, I get a Point and an extra one from Kabam.
    The idea of trying to do it with my Overseer afterwards, after several fruitless attempts, is not appealing to me.
    Other than that I have a number of Gamma Champs, none high enough to make a difference. Joe Fixit, but he's nothing without Bleed.
    At this point forget the objectives just use what works best then I saw UKM take him down with Doom
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 2,573 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…

EdisonLaw said:

@EdisonLaw its possible that we may see them so have to see but If Asorbing Man was a Happy time I am scared of fighting Photon if she's the next EOP boss πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
    That’s gonna be rough if she is.
  • Options
    Toproller89Toproller89 Posts: 587 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    I've got one.

Hyperion

Inverted controls the whole fight
    Unblockable specials
    Gains unstoppable and evade charge for 10 sec after activating a special attack
    Immune to all debuffs
    Arc Overload
    +200% ability power rate
    Aspect of Death
    +1000% atk rating on SP3
    Bubble Shield

2,000,000 health

50,000 attack rating
  • Options
    call_me_ogcall_me_og Posts: 87 β˜…
    no way they would add the god tag to make hercules an option
    instead it should be psychic shielding
  • Options

I've got one.

Hyperion

Unblockable specials
    Immune to all debuffs
    Arc Overload
    +200% ability power rate
    Aspect of Death
    +1000% atk rating on SP3
    Bubble Shield

2,000,000 health

50,000 attack rating

still to easy you should also give him power bond
  • Options
    anyways my idea is this:

defender is galan with 1 million health
    arc reactor 2.2 node
    enhanced parry armor up node
    empyreal defiance node

and you need to complete the fight with #robots #villain of the contest and #X-Men
  • Options

I've got one.

Hyperion

Unblockable specials
    Immune to all debuffs
    Arc Overload
    +200% ability power rate
    Aspect of Death
    +1000% atk rating on SP3
    Bubble Shield

2,000,000 health

50,000 attack rating

Good one @Toproller89 He is still beatable
  • Options

no way they would add the god tag to make hercules an option
    instead it should be psychic shielding

@call_me_og it was my miscalculation and a huge one I forgot about Hercules being a God tag πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options

anyways my idea is this:

arc reactor 2.2 node
    empyreal defiance node

and you need to complete the fight with #robots #villain of the contest and #X-Men

This fight is worthy of WOW @call_me_og
  • Options
    Player_SlasherPlayer_Slasher Posts: 156 β˜…β˜…
    edited February 10
    Defender: Omega Red

Nodes:
    1. Do You Bleed?
    2. Diss Track
    3. Mighty Charge - 3
    4. Compelled Duel - Special Attacks
    5. Explosive Personality + Armor Break Immunity

Tags:
    1. #New Avengers
    2. #Silver
    3. Paragon: #Chronos Corps
  • Options

Defender: Omega Red

Nodes:
    1. Do You Bleed?
    2. Diss Track
    3. Mighty Charge - 3
    4. Compelled Duel - Special Attacks
    5. Explosive Personality + Armor Break Immunity

Tags:
    1. #New Avengers
    2. #Silver
    3. Paragon: #Chronos Corps

@Player_Slasher Good one for all you know he might be a WOW boss πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    Ming_Mow129Ming_Mow129 Posts: 53 β˜…
    Stop giving kabam ideas for this lol. Next thing you'll know is the next boss fight will be 1% health taken from every 5 hits at 5 million health lol. Good luck summoner's and remember to stay broke
  • Options

Stop giving kabam ideas for this lol. Next thing you'll know is the next boss fight will be 1% health taken from every 5 hits at 5 million health lol. Good luck summoner's and remember to stay broke

@Ming_Mow129 Keep your wallets open and your bank accounts empty πŸ˜πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options
    TrubluMateTrubluMate Posts: 371 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Well every time Kabam wishes to make a fight hard:
    1. Punish stun
    2. Punish slow play & give a defensive AI
    3. Unblockable or unstoppable
    4. Give an AI that can dash back intercept

Extra levels are added by including regen that outpaces damage, and prevent regen reversal, or punish regen modification .
  • Options

Well every time Kabam wishes to make a fight hard:
    1. Punish stun
    2. Punish slow play & give a defensive AI
    3. Unblockable or unstoppable
    4. Give an AI that can dash back intercept

Extra levels are added by including regen that outpaces damage, and prevent regen reversal, or punish regen modification .

@TrubluMate they are already writing down ideas πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚
  • Options

anyways my idea is this:

arc reactor 2.2 node
    empyreal defiance node

This fight is worthy of WOW @call_me_og
    the theme is impossible fights
  • Options
    ErcarretErcarret Posts: 2,795 β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…β˜…
    For a while now, I've had this vague idea for a boss fight that plays around with regen since I tend to love nodes like Gimme and Life Transfer. However, they tend to make a fight much easier, so how can we flip things around and build a difficult fight around them?

How about something like this:

Flare (but change it so that it runs for the whole duration of the fight, not just 60 seconds)
    Life Transfer
    Gimme
    Tsk, tsk: The attacker's personal Regeneration effects suffer -200% ability accuracy.
    Don't Be Greedy: Any strikes that would heal the attacker past their Max Health inflicts them with a Heal Block passive for 0.5 seconds and Power Burns them for 1% of their Max Health.

On the Ropes:
    The defender has four cumulative effects active on them throughout the fight. Whenever the attacker passes certain health thresholds, one effect ends.

* Until the attacker reaches 70%: The boss is well and truly immortal. This immortality cannot be negated or circumvented with ability accuracy reduction in any way.
    * Until the attacker reaches 30%: Parrying a hit inflicts a 75% Petrify passive for 4 seconds. If the attacker is immune to regen rate modification, they instead take a direct burst of damage equal to 10% of their remaining health.
    * Until the attacker reaches 10%: The attacker can never heal above a higher percentage of health than the defender has left, rounded up to the nearest phase (meaning, if the defender has 17% health left, the attacker's health can't exceed 30%; and if the defender has 7% health left, the attacker's health can't exceed 10%). Strikes that would heal the attacker past these HP locks activates Don't Be Greedy.
    * Until the attacker is below 10%: The defender's health can't drop below 1%.

The vision for the fight:

The higher your health, the harder the boss is to fight. To defeat them, your health has to drop in order to weaken them. As your health drops, Life Transfer and Gimme allows you to regen as well as actually damage the defender. However, as the defender's health drops, your ability to regain your own health diminishes and you're forced to fight with an ever-shrinking health pool.

I added a node I call Don't Be Greedy in order to give players a controllable way to cause damage to themselves (should they want to), that they can then regen in order to damage the defender. It'll be the most useful for the last phase since you're playing around with so little health already. I don't want players to have to go down to 3% health just to be able to have something to regen back up from. Keeping them at a constant 7 or 8% health is fine.

It's meant to be a tough fight with a challenge that morphs as both champions' health pools change, but hopefully without any directly annoying nodes or effects. Initially I had an idea that the defender would go Unstoppable unless you intercepted them constantly, but as the current Winter of Woe fight so aptly demonstrates, Unstoppable has a tendency to make fights really frustrating and requiring you to either bring a counter or wait it out. I didn't want that, so I changed it into placing a heal block on you if you didn't intercept constantly. While I liked that idea more, I eventually realized that I didn't have room for it. The heal block eventually made its way to the Don't Be Greedy node instead.

I think you could throw in some extra nodes in there to up the challenge, especially if it's supposed to be a Winter of Woe-esque fight, but I stopped at the point where I felt like I would actually want to give this fight a go and not run to the hills in frustration. I also haven't picked a specific champion as a defender but that choice can obviously also drastically change the difficulty of the fight. Although, I'm partial to hard node combinations that can make even an otherwise easy defender hard to fight rather than picking an already hard defender and building nodes around them to make them even more annoying.
  • Options
    Ercarret said:

For a while now, I've had this vague idea for a boss fight that plays around with regen since I tend to love nodes like Gimme and Life Transfer. However, they tend to make a fight much easier, so how can we flip things around and build a difficult fight around them?

How about something like this:

Flare (but change it so that it runs for the whole duration of the fight, not just 60 seconds)
    Life Transfer
    Gimme
    Tsk, tsk: The attacker's personal Regeneration effects suffer -200% ability accuracy.
    Don't Be Greedy: Any strikes that would heal the attacker past their Max Health inflicts them with a Heal Block passive for 0.5 seconds and Power Burns them for 1% of their Max Health.

On the Ropes:
    The defender has four cumulative effects active on them throughout the fight. Whenever the attacker passes certain health thresholds, one effect ends.

* Until the attacker reaches 70%: The boss is well and truly immortal. This immortality cannot be negated or circumvented with ability accuracy reduction in any way.
    * Until the attacker reaches 30%: Parrying a hit inflicts a 75% Petrify passive for 4 seconds. If the attacker is immune to regen rate modification, they instead take a direct burst of damage equal to 10% of their remaining health.
    * Until the attacker reaches 10%: The attacker can never heal above a higher percentage of health than the defender has left, rounded up to the nearest phase (meaning, if the defender has 17% health left, the attacker's health can't exceed 30%; and if the defender has 7% health left, the attacker's health can't exceed 10%). Strikes that would heal the attacker past these HP locks activates Don't Be Greedy.
    * Until the attacker is below 10%: The defender's health can't drop below 1%.

The vision for the fight:

The higher your health, the harder the boss is to fight. To defeat them, your health has to drop in order to weaken them. As your health drops, Life Transfer and Gimme allows you to regen as well as actually damage the defender. However, as the defender's health drops, your ability to regain your own health diminishes and you're forced to fight with an ever-shrinking health pool.

I added a node I call Don't Be Greedy in order to give players a controllable way to cause damage to themselves (should they want to), that they can then regen in order to damage the defender. It'll be the most useful for the last phase since you're playing around with so little health already. I don't want players to have to go down to 3% health just to be able to have something to regen back up from. Keeping them at a constant 7 or 8% health is fine.

It's meant to be a tough fight with a challenge that morphs as both champions' health pools change, but hopefully without any directly annoying nodes or effects. Initially I had an idea that the defender would go Unstoppable unless you intercepted them constantly, but as the current Winter of Woe fight so aptly demonstrates, Unstoppable has a tendency to make fights really frustrating and requiring you to either bring a counter or wait it out. I didn't want that, so I changed it into placing a heal block on you if you didn't intercept constantly. While I liked that idea more, I eventually realized that I didn't have room for it. The heal block eventually made its way to the Don't Be Greedy node instead.

I think you could throw in some extra nodes in there to up the challenge, especially if it's supposed to be a Winter of Woe-esque fight, but I stopped at the point where I felt like I would actually want to give this fight a go and not run to the hills in frustration. I also haven't picked a specific champion as a defender but that choice can obviously also drastically change the difficulty of the fight. Although, I'm partial to hard node combinations that can make even an otherwise easy defender hard to fight rather than picking an already hard defender and building nodes around them to make them even more annoying.
    Now this is a very interesting @Ercarret very good write up
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 258 β˜…β˜…β˜…
    Defender: 1 star Red Cyclops
    Node: Whatever you do, the defender just doesn't take any damage.
    After player base complains on forum, Kabam listens and add 1 more node to benefit attackers: power shield
  • Options
    TrongNov said:

Defender: 1 star Red Cyclops
    Node: Whatever you do, the defender just doesn't take any damage.
    After player base complains on forum, Kabam listens and add 1 more node to benefit attackers: power shield

Good one @TrongNov The forums will be so flooded πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚πŸ˜‚