WoW: I have reached the point where I don’t have the skill to continue.

Comments

• Standardman1989Standardman1989 Member Posts: 544 ★★★
    Courage unfortunately absolutely needs a one shot if not too much regen I had to start again 20x I hope that next time will not be so complicated..
  • G-Hun-GearG-Hun-Gear Member Posts: 1,447 ★★★★

I'm pretty sure you have since you're on the forums, but have you tried Cat Murdock's method with Hulk? It seems to be an easier method with Hulk that I hadn't of thought of and wished I had, but does require revives.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lcUdnjNaS3M

Revives, lots of health potions (you take lots of block damage), and compliant AI to not throw specials inexplicably into your block time after time. If you are cool with quitting out over and over - even when you do everything right but abs man still throws his specials… have at it. I don’t have that level of commitment
    That‘s the exact reason why I used a slightly different method… You can start the stun chain before the opponent can throw a single special, and the block damage is limited to 2-3 parries…

I don’t have the energy right now to show you an Abs Man fight, but against WS an R2 Hulk took down over 300k health in a single stun chain that way. Mind you, this is without boosts or suicides, also with full health and with class disadvantage…

Here the video: https://streamable.com/uw28p1

Yes, against AbsMan you have to work around the unstoppable, but if you throw the sp1 right before the stun from the previous sp1 ends, even AbsMan’s unstoppable doesn’t bother you… I was able to do it in 7-8 revives, no potions… (20% revive is plenty and also maximizes your damage output!)
  • BulmktBulmkt Member Posts: 1,609 ★★★★

She-Hulk is the best gamma option in my opinion. She counters the unstoppable and L2 stops the regen. Give her a try

I own a R2 6-Star She Hulk. I personally don’t like being put in the position that I have to rank up a champ I would normally not bother wanting to rank up

skill issue

Tks scoop
    rcm2017 said:

@Bulmkt i agree with what u say and i am in the same boat. If u just want to just complete then try doom, he has high block prof and doom cycle seems easy to acheive. There are videos of it by MSD and UKM in YT.

I have not completed it yet because I was trying put diff champs and I think i will finally settle with doom and use the 7 tries.

I tried with Doom and it’s getting to his full power and avoiding that one hit from Abs-man that makes it hard still.
  • Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Member Posts: 232 ★★
    Sounds like greed. You can absolutely safely stunlock him with Hulk before he heals, and chip out a consistent 10% per revive at a minimum with no risk of lost progress.

750 Units trying the Aegon method and not getting past 180 Combo and 80% down, that just Regens back. This Fight is gross. Nevermind the Dealthless Piece, I'm almost ready to stop playing. If this is the direction the game is heading for content, it's not worth playing for me. When you suck all the enjoyment out of it, there's nothing left to play for.

Exactly mate. There is nothing enjoyable about WoW juiced up Abs-man

Bulmkt said:

I’m an Adult MCOC player of 8 years and at every significant spending event such as 4 JUL and Cyber week I often spend around AUD$500 on the various cash deals on offer during these special events. So in 8yrs of playing I have spent north of AUD$8,000 on this mobile game.

I’m Valiant progression and have completed (not fully explored) most of the MCOC game content. I consider myself a better than average player (I acknowledge I’m not a Top Gun Player but cut me some slack as I’m 51 years old!)

But I can’t for the life of me beat this juiced up Abs-Man in EOP 2.0 WoW. I managed to get Abs-Man to 12% HP with my duped R2 7-Star Hulk OG when I got KO’d. I thought I’d just revive and take out the final 12%. To my complete dismay all I did was watch in total despair as Abs-man regenerated his health in quick succession all the way back to 70%. That’s soul destroying to see. It’s also annoying and you just don’t want to participate with content designed like this.

WoW just isn’t enjoyable game content IMO. We’re now asked to try and play near impossible buffed opponents who seem to have a sole purpose to make us players use a lot of items or worse, drain our saved Units to buy more items or doubly worse to make us spend money to buy more Units to be used on buying more revives and HP potions.

If the future direction of MCOC is impossible content like WoW Abs-Man then I think I have reached the point where I don’t have the skill to continue. So rather than rage quit the game, because I have invested a lot of my time and money playing, I’ll just become another of the ever growing list of F2P players and just take it easy and save my money.

I'll just collect my free daily Valiant crystal and just participant in content that is fun to play (BG's, Season AW & monthly EQ) and await the day when the penny drops by the other remaining spenders that’s not worth contributing anymore to a mobile game that through design has slowly killed off the enjoyment this game once held.

Old Man Bulmkt

Lemme give you a little tip to do this with hulk
    Attempt one-do as more damage as possible
    And then revive and not let him throw his special and if he throw, immediately heavy him and throw sp1 in that stun and give as more damage as possible

You might do it in 2-3 revives
    Trust me it's the safest way to do it

I did the same with 5 revives, 6* r4 hulk
    I’ll try this out. If it works I’ll report back on this thread. If I don’t report back you’ll know it didn’t work

750 Units trying the Aegon method and not getting past 180 Combo and 80% down, that just Regens back. This Fight is gross. Nevermind the Dealthless Piece, I'm almost ready to stop playing. If this is the direction the game is heading for content, it's not worth playing for me. When you suck all the enjoyment out of it, there's nothing left to play for.

As someone that spent 10+ revives trying to do the fight with Overseer, ranked up She-hulk and used up plenty of energy refills to no avail, I’d advise you to put the drama away and get it done with the Hulk stun lock method suggested by Cat. You’ll feel a lot better after.
    Like I said. I tried exactly that approach and got wrecked with his insane regen. I had Abs down to 12% HP. I got KO’d so I revived and before I knew it (Tks to the AI) and’s had thrown his SP and was regenerating like crazy - all the way back to 70% HP.

Yes I know some players have beaten abs-man this way but the AI was on their side.
    Greekhit said:

ShaggyM said:

This single event has taken the whole game's joy out of it for me. I was having fun lately until this fight and the ramification of not beating him and losing the KG piece.

This right here! This has caused a lot of anger, frustration, and a sudden lack of joy or of motivation to play in general. Which sucks
    The motivation to play in general is killed by the fact that many people have spent so many resources to take this fight out, majorly hitting their accounts, instead of progressing.
    And the most annoying part, that many of these players, despite emptying their revives/potions/units stash still haven’t managed to get a single point in the event.
    I spent 19 revives for doing all the objectives to get the 4 points, and it doesn’t even feel as an accomplishment.
    The fight was straight forward an item sink, with the disguise of “end game” content.
    I don’t have any intention to repeat this revive sink process every couple of weeks.
    It’s not challenging and it’s not fun, it’s plain BS.
    I know players that spent over 100 revives and emptied their units on trying to complete the objectives, and got pissed over the fight and ultimately the game.
    I fully understand them, I would have quit for good if I was them.
    Kabam could change the fight and they didn’t, claiming they wouldn’t be able to adjust Abs Man regen.
    Why not removing it instead, since it’s arguably too much?
    They could have made use of one of the heal block nodes already exist in the game 🤷‍♂️
    They missed the mark completely with this fight, and they haven’t yet bothered to correct things, even that lately 🙁

100%. Just remove the unstoppable node.
  • dukedevill4412dukedevill4412 Member Posts: 186
    You can try to unit through it but even using sand-man. The fight is just terrible. I’m sure they will “tone down” the regen for the gauntlet but that fight currently is just garbage
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    While I agree to most of it,I did the objectives with 6r3 hulk and iam valiant recently,and one of my ally mates did with 5r5,
    But it took me over 6-7 energy refills
    One thing I understood was it's better to restart than revive through the fight
    Because the furies you build up are stronger in a long fight and only then you had the best place to complete the fight
  • ShivacruxShivacrux Member Posts: 424 ★★★
    And iam glad this was the first fight of wow not in the middle which makes it even harder in the final quest

The AI doesn't let you. The second you let your guard down, you get whiffed and K.O.'d. Either that or the Regen takes away all your progress. Some people have beaten it. That's great. I've run myself into the ground trying. For one Fight. One. It's ruined every damn thing for me and I'm not that incapable. I'm not the best Player but I'm not the worst. I don't know what the gauge was for content like this but I'm not willing to be a part of it if it's the standard now. It's not right and I'm not going to keep scrambling for crumbs out of this Event.

With Hulk, you just play normal on your first fight (build SP3, build rage, throw SP3, build SP1, Stunlock, preferably end rage with SP2) until you get a decent run and chip out like 40+% health. Then every run after, push abs to just under 1 bar of power, then full combo, hold block, repeat until you have like a bar and a half power, heavy, SP1, Stunlock.

First fight example: https://youtu.be/UFgIHdKifZA

Subsequent fight example: https://youtu.be/DKl0otBF65Y

Obviously an ascended 5* will be doing less than my 7R2, but you should still be able to get it done safe and easy for 6-10 revives if you boost.
    edited February 14
    Bulmkt said:

Sounds like greed. You can absolutely safely stunlock him with Hulk before he heals, and chip out a consistent 10% per revive at a minimum with no risk of lost progress.

BS. as I said in my original post. I was doing this and with one SP which I had no way of preventing Abs-man regenerated as an amazing rate. All my work getting him down to 12%HP was wasted
    Then quit out on the very rare occasion he does throw an SP1 unprompted into your block, not that a 7R2 Hulk can't outdamage the 6% or so he gets if you immediately switch it off by punishing with a heavy. If you missed the punish and didn't immediately quit out, then we're back to greed.

Sadly I’m at that point but don’t want to admit it

I’m glad a Guardian of the Forums feels the same. Tks for joining the conversation
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    @Cat_Murdock has some good advice regarding the hulk rotation

You can get it done if you follow it
  • I_tell_no_tales_1I_tell_no_tales_1 Member Posts: 1,198 ★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

As someone that spent 10+ revives trying to do the fight with Overseer, ranked up She-hulk and used up plenty of energy refills to no avail, I’d advise you to put the drama away and get it done with the Hulk stun lock method suggested by Cat. You’ll feel a lot better after.
    Like I said. I tried exactly that approach and got wrecked with his insane regen. I had Abs down to 12% HP. I got KO’d so I revived and before I knew it (Tks to the AI) and’s had thrown his SP and was regenerating like crazy - all the way back to 70% HP.

Yes I know some players have beaten abs-man this way but the AI was on their side.
    Try being more passive
    Use anti-baiting

I did it in 2 revs with my r1 following Cat's method

• Wozzle007Wozzle007 Member Posts: 999 ★★★★★
    I agree with this post wholeheartedly. I don’t mind not being able to get a solo. I do mind that if I can’t get a solo and need to use resources, even a significant amount to unit man through. With the exception of the Hulk tactic I can’t see a method to clear the other objectives without a solo as Abs Man will regen back at a stupid rate. I get into a good rhythm with Sandman, I dash back to avoid an attack and boom 1 hit connects, 2nd hit connects and I’m dead. From 95% to 0% off of 2 hits. I’d revive up and continue if I didn’t off the first time he goes into revive mode he’d undo all my hard work.

I’ve got 2 points from this event, from clearing with Hulk, will get a 3rd from the “free point” we’ll be given. But at week 1 I’m stone walled from reaching the peak milestone of the reward. Now maybe I’m just not good enough. I accept I’m decent Valiant player, not world class but decent enough. This content is just demoralising.