**KNOWN AW ISSUE**
Please be aware, there is a known issue with Saga badging when observing the AW map.
The team have found the source of the issue and will be updating with our next build.
We apologize for the inconvenience.
Options

What were Kabam thinking with this absorbing man fight

This is without a doubt the worst designed piece of content that this game has ever had. I get this fight is meant to be difficult but this is just unfair.

There are so many problems with this fight. it’s frustrating to practice the fight because it is extremely costly to do so. It feels horrible to use revives because of the regeneration it makes it feel like it’s more likely to lose progress then to make it. The AI doesn’t cooperate at all which makes getting an opening in this fight which is already difficult even harder which can result in massive damage from bane. Not to mention the damage, taking 50k health from a blocked hit is completely unreasonable in a fight where getting openings is hard enough.

I feel like some sort of compensation should be given. Ideally I’d love Kabam to give everyone the points for this fight and it’s milestones but I know that’s asking a lot. Even getting some energy refills take make up for the cost of practicing the fight or some revives to make up from the regeneration would be very much appreciated especially with it being much harder to obtain them now with farming being nerfed.

I’d love to know other peoples opinions on this as I know it’s been a very controversial topic.

Comments

• Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,388 ★★★★
    You are not alone
  • Options
    Ghostrunner01Ghostrunner01 Posts: 151 ★★

This is without a doubt the worst designed piece of content that this game has ever had. I get this fight is meant to be difficult but this is just unfair.

There are so many problems with this fight. it’s frustrating to practice the fight because it is extremely costly to do so. It feels horrible to use revives because of the regeneration it makes it feel like it’s more likely to lose progress then to make it. The AI doesn’t cooperate at all which makes getting an opening in this fight which is already difficult even harder which can result in massive damage from bane. Not to mention the damage, taking 50k health from a blocked hit is completely unreasonable in a fight where getting openings is hard enough.

I feel like some sort of compensation should be given. Ideally I’d love Kabam to give everyone the points for this fight and it’s milestones but I know that’s asking a lot. Even getting some energy refills take make up for the cost of practicing the fight or some revives to make up from the regeneration would be very much appreciated especially with it being much harder to obtain them now with farming being nerfed.

I’d love to know other peoples opinions on this as I know it’s been a very controversial topic.

They are going to give everyone 1 extra point as long as you complete the fight.
  • Options
    smdam38smdam38 Posts: 920 ★★★
    This is trash.
    So the people that made the actual fight, are playing the fight?

You’re so horrible at this. Get better.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★
    smdam38 said:

This is trash.
    So the people that made the actual fight, are playing the fight?

You’re so horrible at this. Get better.

Have you played the content that you are giving your opinion on, @smdam38, or are you just baselessly spouting off at people?
  • Options
    It’s the latter.
    The fight isn’t even out yet so we’re both baselessly spouting off.
  • Options
    JJPjumperJJPjumper Posts: 24
    It is a resource draining designed fight that just about no one enjoyed. The bottom line over player base margin is wider than I’ve seen in 9 years playing.
  • Options
    NojokejaymNojokejaym Posts: 3,949 ★★★★★
    This fight is very unreasonable, I have completed it but it was a ridiculous fight.
  • Options
    Wicket329Wicket329 Posts: 3,189 ★★★★★

This fight is very unreasonable, I have completed it but it was a ridiculous fight.

I agree, and I think the regeneration is the crux of it. Regen, on a high health pool defender, is the most punishing mechanic in this game. It’s one of the very few things that can result in a road block on a fight, and is the only thing that can actually reverse previous progress. It is not a fun player experience to see the health bar you just spent six minutes whittling away at suddenly shoot back up.

Now for my controversial opinion: I have no major problems with any other aspect of this fight. I have minor issues, such as the DOT immunity node being overreaching, but everything besides the healing is mostly fine. Brute Force was barely a problem on my runs because you can safely tap Abs Man with a light attack after he throws a special, resetting the timer. There are a lot of weird play style alterations you can make for this fight to get through it, the regen, coupled with the objectives, is the only thing that really makes it cross into the realm of being over the top.
  • Options

smdam38 said:

I don’t have a reason to reply
    Don’t care.
    Play your game and I’ll play mine.

Then show us how to beat Absorbing Man easily
    show us if you can effortlessly solo the fight
    Where did I say I could?
    Show me that.
  • Options
    I’m talking about the next fight.
    Not this one
  • Options
    NightheartNightheart Posts: 1,388 ★★★★
    smdam38 said:

I’m talking about the next fight.
    Not this one

All I can say is WOW 😂😂😂😂
  • Options
    AsyalolAsyalol Posts: 23
    You have only just understood that KABAM only wants one thing. Make you spend the maximum or make you empty your stocks so that you spend units or open your crystals that you save.
    They know very well that many will spend a lot of units or will empty their entire item stock to get through this impossible fight for 90% of players.
    I have the characters I need to perhaps succeed in this fight, but I know that it will annoy me so much that I will be very frustrated and very angry.
    It is not worth the trouble.
  • Options
    LouieGiglioLouieGiglio Posts: 11
    She-Hulk is the answer. Heavy attacks counter his unstoppable and L2 prevents the healing. You’re welcome.