**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Winter of Woe Community Chat [MERGED THREADS]

Comments

• Options
    Zeke_the_XbotZeke_the_Xbot Posts: 329 ★★
    There is no tracker or special rewards but I would love to see the raw fail and success rates of this and subsequent fights.
  • Options
    Phantomfire500Phantomfire500 Posts: 227 ★★
    PROG73 said:

Can someone please confirm the math for me based on what has been said?

I am valiant and have managed to do the gamma objective - overseer was all I had and it was painful. Can I still get to the top milestone based on what kabam have said about the extra point and also the grace point for the objective with deathless guillotine? Also when do we get the additional point- I show as having only 2 so far.

Thanks

I think the Valiant (and paragon) grace point requires deathless Guilly @PROG73
  • Options
    Sajadala_GeezySajadala_Geezy Posts: 47
    I just finished WoW with She hulk (gamma) I’m not doing the robot challenge. As a Paragon, will I still be able to hit top prize as well? Also, can anyone explain the grace point that I’m hearing about?
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★

I'm disappointed at the outcome of this. I don't know how much more feedback it would take to get the message across.

If you have Quicksilver, use him. He's the safest option, he counters unstoppable and if you run despair, Abs won't ever regen, Of course he doesn't have those tags. Given that you know QS's rotation, even you can't kill Abs in one go, you can chip his health away without worrying him gaining back the HP he already lost.
  • Options
    GroundedWisdomGroundedWisdom Posts: 36,254 ★★★★★
    TrongNov said:

I'm disappointed at the outcome of this. I don't know how much more feedback it would take to get the message across.

If you have Quicksilver, use him. He's the safest option, he counters unstoppable and if you run despair, Abs won't ever regen, Of course he doesn't have those tags. Given that you know QS's rotation, even you can't kill Abs in one go, you can chip his health away without worrying him gaining back the HP he already lost.
    Tried and failed.
  • Options
    TrongNovTrongNov Posts: 247 ★★★

TrongNov said:

Tried and failed.
    Are you sure you did the correct QS rotation? He has so many whiplash debuffs on Abs that totally cancel his regen. I started the fight by a heavy then quickly dash back to gain 300 charges. Now Abs gets a slow debuff. Try to get to terminal velocity right b4 launching sp3. Keep intercepting, QS has a back up evade when intercepting. Never let Abs use 2 sp2 back to back bc of his incinerates. Build to 2,5 bars of power when terminal velocity is still on, use a sp2, b4 his whiplashes expire try to sneak in a sp1 to increase the dmg. If you can't do sp1 b4 the expiry, don't worry, you already took a chunk of his health.
  • Options
    MasterAMasterA Posts: 481 ★★★
    Just done the fight and only have one point. The extra one is going to be rolled out right?
  • Options
    MalchaeisMalchaeis Posts: 174 ★★
    I think I read in a post somewhere that for the final weeks in winter of woe, they were trying to make the abs man fight easier. I think it's the regen that bothers most players. But the 40% missing health regen is in his kit so you can't mess with that. It would have to be a node added. But what node is best?
    Maybe heavy attacks heal block for x amount of seconds or
    Adding a despair mastery like node to him. Every non damaging debuff lowers regen rate by x%?
    Or simply
    Abs man cannot regen for x amount of second when starting a fight?
    If you have any other suggestions, post them. Might help the game team decide on it first when abs man comes back in the finale. You don't want the fight to become too easy, just take it down a notch from hopelessly impossible to highly improbable.
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    We should simply not wake him up but well it would be without regen so they won't do it
  • Options
    Vance2_jrVance2_jr Posts: 704 ★★★
    edited February 17
    Oh man. I honestly hope someone form Kabam is reading this whole thread. One thing this community is known for is never agreeing on anything.

Until now.
  • Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,312 ★★★★★
    Vance2_jr said:

Oh man. I honestly hope someone form Kabam is reading this whole thread. One thing this community is known for is never agreeing on anything.

Until now.

Oh they read it, they don't really care though. Now we wait for Nebula to be just as annoying and stupid as Abs Man haha so excited! 🙃
  • Options
    ReignkingTWReignkingTW Posts: 2,537 ★★★★★
    I'm having trouble with the Hulk stun. When exactly can you throw it? Only when he's not unstoppable?
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★

I can't believe it's gotten 19 pages on, and no-one has posted the fabulous cartoon @Cat_Murdock made to share her thoughts on Winter of Woe...

I thought I'd repost it, in case anyone was skipping the 'if you aren't going to solo WoW' thread.

Cat: this cartoon genuinely made me weep with laughter...😂

It is a treasure…and sadly 100% descriptive of my experience as well.

Dr. Zola