**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Luke cage buff

Is it worth taking him up from the videos I’ve seen them and he seemed good but idk if I missed something

Luke cage buff 69 votes

Rank him up
56%
L_217KeltanFoxhero007pisceanXFA_Rebootedrcm2017mbraceDeNeDieJustcause102RookiiexxKINGxJULIANxxAlexAvalonpeixemacacoEwell65SSS69jcphillips7Age_of_Luca2000Giantwalrus56Greed_ExodusChrisRM93ChaosMax1012 39 votes
Don’t rank him up
43%
SecondSkrillerCondemnedToeReinaBluestoneSachhyam257OpandemonioSagacious0wlSkydad23Aomine_Daiki10Batman1234BeastDadBen_15455gazbeaBlueline_10CrcrcrcAgenteMagnusRuwqiersaUltragamerThe_0wenpusDanish0528 30 votes

Comments

• Options
    Nameless_IWNameless_IW Posts: 980 ★★★★
    Is Luke Cage buff out yet? i was seeing in game few days ago and nothing new in his abilities. when is the release date?
  • Options
    peixemacacopeixemacaco Posts: 1,236 ★★★
    Rank him up
    Luke Cage for skilled and experienced players is awesome from the very first moments,almost 6 seconds, he don't take damage in any form.

And with the Buff he may have this activated again!!!!!

So...if you don't rank up now, you will do this in some point
    👍
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    I'm hopeful but I have some minor concerns. Not about his new kit which seems great, but his synergies need a serious uplift.

The Heroes for Hire synergy could do with a massive boost in my opinion. Seriously, through the roof. Make the current synergy apply to just the two of them but triple or quadruple what it currently does. Or something that's actually noticeable.

Luke Cage should also have a Romance synergy with Jessica Jones. Yes, I know she has one with him but it should go the other way too.

Going back in comics lore, there's loads they could do with Luke Cage.

• Options
    PikoluPikolu Posts: 6,683 Guardian
    Chobbly said:

I'm hopeful but I have some minor concerns. Not about his new kit which seems great, but his synergies need a serious uplift.

The Heroes for Hire synergy could do with a massive boost in my opinion. Seriously, through the roof. Make the current synergy apply to just the two of them but triple or quadruple what it currently does. Or something that's actually noticeable.

Luke Cage should also have a Romance synergy with Jessica Jones. Yes, I know she has one with him but it should go the other way too.

Having used Luke Cage myself, I'm glad they made major changes to his kit and not to his synergies. All synergy changes are useless outside of BGs and are something to consider for his main kit. If synergies boost him a lot, then his main kit will be much more watered down to balance. Because of that, I'd much see changes to the kit than synergies with reworks.
  • Options
    OrtounOrtoun Posts: 571 ★★★
    Don’t rank him up
    Pikolu said:

Chobbly said:

Having used Luke Cage myself, I'm glad they made major changes to his kit and not to his synergies. All synergy changes are useless outside of BGs and are something to consider for his main kit. If synergies boost him a lot, then his main kit will be much more watered down to balance. Because of that, I'd much see changes to the kit than synergies with reworks.
    The only time I think they should change synergies on buffs is if that synergy gets rolled into their kit or their kit changes in such a way that the old synergy doesn't really apply anymore.
  • Options
    ChobblyChobbly Posts: 848 ★★★★
    Pikolu said:

Chobbly said:

I agree @Pikolu, up to a point. BG is important and a champion should be able to stand alone with a certain level of effectiveness - some more, some less. But I'd counter that synergies are a simple way to add flavour to a kit and acknowledge their Marvel history. Which is what got many of us into this game in the first place.

I don't think improving an existing synergy so it at least has some notable impact on play and adding a Romance synergy would break the game or make Luke Cage OP. We're not exactly talking about Hercules level of power here.
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Don’t rank him up
    Chobbly said:

Pikolu said:

Chobbly said:

I agree @Pikolu, up to a point. BG is important and a champion should be able to stand alone with a certain level of effectiveness - some more, some less. But I'd counter that synergies are a simple way to add flavour to a kit and acknowledge their Marvel history. Which is what got many of us into this game in the first place.

I don't think improving an existing synergy so it at least has some notable impact on play and adding a Romance synergy would break the game or make Luke Cage OP. We're not exactly talking about Hercules level of power here.
    I agree. I love marvel, comics more than anything else. I would not be playing this game if not for marvel. So if they were to turn this into just street fighter (battlegrounds) there is a chance I'd stop playing. Things like synergies and story acknowledge marvel and even add on to it at some points. That is why I play. I love understanding references throughout the game
  • Options
    FeuerschwerFeuerschwer Posts: 313 ★★
    I wouldn’t tank up based on the beta - wait for the buff to go live, there are often changes between beta and final version.
  • Options
    CvlrCvlr Posts: 205 ★★

Is it worth taking him up from the videos I’ve seen them and he seemed good but idk if I missed something

Don't ask this before he came out with the buff something may change last minute 🙈
  • Options
    CrcrcrcCrcrcrc Posts: 7,940 ★★★★★
    Don’t rank him up
    let’s look at our good friend sandman for reasons why we shouldn’t rank up champs before their buff is live.
  • Options
    WednesdayLengthWednesdayLength Posts: 201 ★★

Never rank a buffed champ until the buff is live.
    Look what happened with Sandman.
    His buff was awesome but they nerfed that buff before they released it and now he's still not that great.

Sandman is great now, him not being as absurdly busted as his first beta buff doesn't make him bad
  • Options
    willrun4adonutwillrun4adonut Posts: 3,171 ★★★★★
    edited February 17
    GrO_ot78 said:

Never rank up new, buffed or community choice champs before they are 100 % done… there are many examples in mcoc history that shows it may be a good idea to wait.

Unless it's Sinister. Then go for it.
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,689 ★★★★★
    Is luke cage getting buffed again?

There would be 100 plus champs that need attention before luke cage.
  • Options
    EdisonLawEdisonLaw Posts: 1,944 ★★★★
    Rank him up
    Not until the buff is live
  • Options
    ChaosMax1012ChaosMax1012 Posts: 3,086 ★★★★★
    Rank him up

Ngl whoever said rank him wants to watch the world burn

Dammit he’s on to us!