**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Carrina's challenges thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    Bugmat78Bugmat78 Posts: 2,141 ★★★★★

The stark Spidey one was fun, albeit super annoying at times when you need to block a special to lose a bit of power and he is like, nah I'll evade that.

I love Stark Spidey as a champ but this is still the main reason I don't use him as often as I'd like to. Being unable to decide when his evade triggers is highly annoying as an attacker (but perfect as a defender).

He needs a simple kit buff similar to OG spidey where you can choose when not to evade if you are blocking.
  • Options

Bugmat78 said:

The stark Spidey one was fun, albeit super annoying at times when you need to block a special to lose a bit of power and he is like, nah I'll evade that.

I love Stark Spidey as a champ but this is still the main reason I don't use him as often as I'd like to. Being unable to decide when his evade triggers is highly annoying as an attacker (but perfect as a defender).

He needs a simple kit buff similar to OG spidey where you can choose when not to evade if you are blocking.
    That should just be a part of every evaders core kit, specifically Spidermen, (will not attempt to evade while blocking, unless attack is unblockable)
    Totally agree - not sure why it was coded like how it is, unless the game code at the time couldn't separate defensive attributes from attack so of course they skewed it towards defence!
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,394 ★★★★
    Motorola said:

Motorola said:

Motorola said:

I would have loved the same difficulty with having to rank up 8 (5stars) to max, instead of having to rank up 8 (6 or 7 stars) and use sooooo many end game resources on irrelevant champs that you will never use again. When you are a valiant player who is trying to keep up with the other valiant/paragon players (especially in Battlegrounds), we have to choose our rank ups very carefully. Ranking up black widow/antman/thor/hawkeye/jabari panther/mojo really hurts our accounts. Tigra/ironman/zemo are the only champs that are easier to spend the rank up resources on. This is why Lagacys challenge was GENIUS, even if it was exactly the same difficulty as Fintechs and Karate Mikes, players would NOT mind it as much because maxing out 8 5stars is reasonable for some side/OPTIONAL challenges, and we wouldn't feel like we are taking away from our end game/battlegrounds rosters (top 30 champs) so much (except for gold and ISO of course).

So rank up your 5* versions instead of the 6/7* versions and use them.

Nobody said you can't use 5* champs.
    If you dont know why people would not want to use 5stars for EOP and Gauntlet, then IDK what else to tell you.
    Dude... to quote EXACTLY WHAT YOU SAID:

I would have loved the same difficulty with having to rank up 8 (5stars) to max, instead of having to rank up 8 (6 or 7 stars) and use sooooo many end game resources on irrelevant champs that you will never use again.

Then go on to tell me if I apparently don't know why nobody would want to use 5 stars, you don't know what to tell me? Haha

If you can't see your own completely contradictory statement there, then I don't know what to tell you, my dude.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Carina's Challenges intention is to give 1% top players something to do that requires all the skill and resources they dont have to use on other content.

The fact that we got some that would include "everybody" doesnt make it is the main intention of them.

This content is not supposed to be achievable by most of us, this is not meant to be hard skill wise, but not doable without spending resources.

Why you guys acting suddenly like this MUST be like you want it to be?

The same way nobody gets mad because Celestial in BGs is not achievable by everybody, we shouldnt get mad because is isnt either, because thats the intention behind this content.

If something is released to a demographic of Players, they're going to share their feedback on it. It's dismissive to say "It's not for you so don't complain.". It IS for them. It is content that's released into the game, that's available for them to play. If it's just a challenge among the Gods, then they can challenge themselves without releasing it as content.
    No one disputes the fact that it's not for everyone. Personally I don't have a horse in the race because I'm quite happy doing it whenever I'm ready. What I would like to point out that the argument that it's not for everyone might apply now and then, when you're talking about lower Players trying to punch above their weight. I still think it can be used dismissively by other Players at times, but it's valid now and then.
    I haven't seen that in this case. The Players who are complaining about it aren't new. They're at the latter stages of the game. They're literally the top percentile you're referring to. If they're not happy with it, they will communicate that, and it doesn't automatically mean they're spoiled or looking for an easy street. I know this because the Players who are complaining have been here for years, sharing their progress. Be careful using that statement. It doesn't always apply, and it can come off as ignorant. Just a suggestion.
    If the player base that this content is supposed to hit is the one complaining right now, why are they complaining exactly?

I mean, If this people complaining have nothing else, anywhere to spend their resources on, as I said, as Its supposed to be for the people targeted by this challenge, why are they complaining? The first round of Carina's Challenge were not funny at all, those werent supposed to be beaten just with skills because the star level and the champion requirements were meant to also require revives, a ton of them or not, depending on how skilled you are, and people understood that yeah, maybe this content wasnt meant to be done the same way than the other content, and most of the people, even at the end-game spectrum, just ignored that content.

Why is this any different from Carina's Challenges 1? Why suddenly Carina's Challenge must be comfortable for the people? Why it must require less revives? Why it must be more inclusive within the communitys rosters?

It never was meant to be comfortable, never was meant to be enjoyable, never was meant to be doable by more than the Top of the top players, the ones that can reach Celestial every season as an example.

I dont really understand this sudden enragement against this content
  • Options
    Standardman1989Standardman1989 Posts: 536 ★★★
    The two 7-3 7-4 challenges are simpler especially the 7-3 line on the left. I wouldn't touch the rest 😄
  • Options
    Wozzle007Wozzle007 Posts: 937 ★★★★★
    Lots of stuff that Kabam has released that I disagree with. WOW is damn awful.

This content really isn’t one of the things I have an issue with and sympathise with Kabam to a degree on this one. The challenges are for more difficult for me to complete (except the Starky one) without using more resources than I’d be comfortable with. It’s too hard, I’m not skilled enough. But there’s also nothing in the rewards that makes me feel I’m missing out by choosing to not take part.

I’m not as skilled as MSD so I probably shouldn’t be able to complete everything he can complete, at least not without some pain to my account. I could unit man through all of this, but it’s not worth. The rewards don’t justify it for me, but the challenge itself probably does justify it for MSD and the like.

I do agree with the points that these challenges shouldn’t requires use of end game rank up materials. If there’s a range of champions that can be used that’s one thing, but if the challenge is using 1 specific champion, that’s less than ideal.

8.4 will be released soon enough and that will be tailored for the masses. I think this content is tuned specifically for the absolute best of the best to give them something to do. I doubt the likes of MSD, Karate Mike, Lagacy, KT1 are going to be using a lot of resources on 8.4 or even Winter Of Woe. I don’t care if they have some stupidly hard content that at the end offers some trinkets that don’t impact on me if I can’t get them. Ok the 7* champs would be nice but it’s not a game changer to miss out.

Now Winter Of Woe is a different story for a different thread.
  • Options
    JefechutaJefechuta Posts: 1,205 ★★★★

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Carina's Challenges intention is to give 1% top players something to do that requires all the skill and resources they dont have to use on other content.

The fact that we got some that would include "everybody" doesnt make it is the main intention of them.

This content is not supposed to be achievable by most of us, this is not meant to be hard skill wise, but not doable without spending resources.

Why you guys acting suddenly like this MUST be like you want it to be?

The same way nobody gets mad because Celestial in BGs is not achievable by everybody, we shouldnt get mad because is isnt either, because thats the intention behind this content.

If something is released to a demographic of Players, they're going to share their feedback on it. It's dismissive to say "It's not for you so don't complain.". It IS for them. It is content that's released into the game, that's available for them to play. If it's just a challenge among the Gods, then they can challenge themselves without releasing it as content.
    No one disputes the fact that it's not for everyone. Personally I don't have a horse in the race because I'm quite happy doing it whenever I'm ready. What I would like to point out that the argument that it's not for everyone might apply now and then, when you're talking about lower Players trying to punch above their weight. I still think it can be used dismissively by other Players at times, but it's valid now and then.
    I haven't seen that in this case. The Players who are complaining about it aren't new. They're at the latter stages of the game. They're literally the top percentile you're referring to. If they're not happy with it, they will communicate that, and it doesn't automatically mean they're spoiled or looking for an easy street. I know this because the Players who are complaining have been here for years, sharing their progress. Be careful using that statement. It doesn't always apply, and it can come off as ignorant. Just a suggestion.
    If the player base that this content is supposed to hit is the one complaining right now, why are they complaining exactly?

I mean, If this people complaining have nothing else, anywhere to spend their resources on, as I said, as Its supposed to be for the people targeted by this challenge, why are they complaining? The first round of Carina's Challenge were not funny at all, those werent supposed to be beaten just with skills because the star level and the champion requirements were meant to also require revives, a ton of them or not, depending on how skilled you are, and people understood that yeah, maybe this content wasnt meant to be done the same way than the other content, and most of the people, even at the end-game spectrum, just ignored that content.

Why is this any different from Carina's Challenges 1? Why suddenly Carina's Challenge must be comfortable for the people? Why it must require less revives? Why it must be more inclusive within the communitys rosters?

It never was meant to be comfortable, never was meant to be enjoyable, never was meant to be doable by more than the Top of the top players, the ones that can reach Celestial every season as an example.

I dont really understand this sudden enragement against this content
    I'm pretty sure most people are complaining because it's not fun, which you've already acknowledged. What is the point in releasing content that makes you want to delete the game on the spot instead of trying again? These fights are not fun, they're stressful.
    With Necropolis they proved they can make challenging content that's also fun, why are they going back to doing stuff like this which 90% of the playerbase doesn't enjoy?
    The main reason when Carina's Challenge were released was to give people that had nothing to do some real challenges, the same way we had people doing X content with weird champs and uploading them on YouTube, this was for those bored xtremely end game players to have something to do meanwhile.

Im not a fan of those, I dont enjoy that content, and it is not even Content, since its just an additional objective if you wanna do it in already existing content, why would I be this angry about it?

I mean why get angry about Carina's Challenge that is supposed to be the way it is, and it is just an completely optional objective, non game changing, meant to challenge yourself not only skill-wise but your patience aswell.

Obviously is not for 99% of us, but this is an overexageration of the situation
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 998 ★★★

This will be the 1st content in the history of mcoc that i will be skipping (except for the sparky stuff to get the KG piece). Last content i didn't do was the Coulson challenge ,i tried but couldn't do it. That was 8 years ago

Are these challenges worse than 4* starlord that you did even before Carina’s challenges were ever a thing?
  • Options
    CoMinowCoMinow Posts: 297
    “Not for everyone” is nonsense. What company says “screw the 99%”.. stupid business model.

ALL content including karate mikes trainwreck is supposed to be for ALL players of a given progression level. Valiant is currently the highest level.no content should ever be beyond the highest progression level in the game. Anyone that has more than 2 rank 3 7* should be able to do anything without gatekeepers and being told that it wasn’t designed for them!!!

If they want to alienate the people buying all their trinkets then maybe they’re just not smart enough to stay in business
  • Options
    Fryday said:

LJF said:

It's sad to see Kabam employees sticking fingers into their ears with these incredibly defensive responses. It's evident from each of Miike, Crashed, and Jax's comments that they aren't interested in feedback from players about these challenges. I was going to come and offer some thoughts on why, as one of those players (arguably) that these challenges were designed for, these challenges miss the mark. But I'm not going to waste time giving constructive criticism to a willfully deaf audience. So good luck I guess, hope you guys are happy with how this all turns out.

This simply isn't true. If I didn't care about player feedback I wouldn't be reading through 200+ post threads at 10pm. I'm not being defensive, I'm simply stating how we see these challenges and their place in the game.

We take feedback seriously and actually earlier today changed the design for an upcoming piece of content based on this feedback. However we aren't just going to acquiesce to everything that players tell us they want, because quite frankly this game wouldn't still exist if we did that. Our job is to find the right balance for the long-term health of the game, and I promise you that is what we all are trying to do.
    Dear @Kabam Crashed

Many apologies in advance for any missing spelling or incorrect gamma, English is my 2nd language and being dyslexic doesn’t help the matter either.

I would like to break this down into sections in hoping it would convey my point better, as I can imagine it will pretty messy lol.

Credit & Appreciation: -
    Firstly, I would like to thank you for taking the time to respond to some of the comments on this matter (and also other issues in the past), always felt your responds have a lot more depth and experience.

I would also like to point out some of the positive regarding this CCP Carina content.

1) The Dealthless King Groot is relative accessible – That is much appreciated
    2) Rewards included 2 x 7* Selector, this is wonderful and could be use as a solution to the current issue, which I would explain later.
    3) Lagacy Challenges (for most players) seem to met the right balance, between challenges, fun, resource invest and rewards.

Creating content for the 1% - Why?
    So some of the respond I have read from both side, is this idea the content is design for the 1%, that Kabam need to create content so challenging that it would cater for the 1%. I think this itself might be where lie the problem.

Firstly, I agreed the game should have content for all of it players, from the one just download the game to those that essentially make a living from playing it.

However, from my perspective, MCOC already have game mode that naturally filter for the 1% including, AW Tier 1, Raids, BG Celestial, and most recently Kabam did it with Necropolis speed run, Annual BG tournament and even as you said Brian Grant challenges with the Duck.

It is very possible and easy for Kabam to create content challenges for the 1% without making the 99% of the players feel that they are a bunch of unskilled and worthless …“insert your own noun here” lol.

The best thing with these type of contents/events, is it actually brings the community together, no one complaint that they didn’t get a Mythic badge, a unique Profile pic or a personalised title, they know it is not for them, and they enjoy rallying and rooted for these players.

On top of that actually the 1% are great at creating their own amazing challenges, like MSD doing WoW Abs Man with 3* She Hulk, no one asked him to, but he did and it was great, or Slayer of God creating a speed run on this same content.

So there are already plenty of content/event for the 1% and there are more (please see Solution section below)

The 1% & CCP creating Content for the massive – It is really a good idea?
    This lead me to me second point.

While on paper is sound like a great idea to get someone that the community look upto/fond of/idolise to create content for the rest of the community, but is it really a good idea?

Would the Olympic more entertaining if the world best sport athletes, make us do their challenges?

Would the 100 meter is more exciting if Usain Bolt, make us try and keep up with him for 100 meter before watching him race?

Would football be better, if Ronaldo make us have to run 10 laps of the pitch before watching the game?

Why would the idea of getting the best players in MCOC to create challenges for rest of the community players.

I seem a few comments on how the 1% top players are disconnected with the community, and overall (generalising), yes that is the case, and it should of no surprise to anyone.

Husan Bolts would not understand how you (an average person) run at your speed, it is far too slow for him.

Jeff Bezos and Elon Musk would have no ideal how common people survive on a few pound/dollars/(insert your own currency here).

That is understandable, it is not encouraging, but understandable. We all know the quote from Rudyard Kipling “…walk with Kings-nor lose the common touch”, but not many will achieve it.

So far there have been 4 contents the involve CCP (the 1%) that I have tried out, Brutal DLX, and the 3 from this Carina, and so far the only one that is seem to have the right balance is Lagacy.

CCP Involvement – Are you really benefit from this?
    I’m going to generalise this, as this is not a personal attack on anyone specific. Also whatever content that come out would have to be approve by Kabam, so it is not down to any one person responsibility. I do understand that the content was created before the revive farm and Zemo root nerf.

We can understand the idea of be involve can be a cool idea, a chance to create a legacy, but is this the legacy you want to be remember for, the person that created that content that most of the community feel like it is unbalance and disconnected.

Instead of the cool, personalised BG emoji being a celebration, it is just a remind for any players that see as something negative and it is link to you. Naturally, if people are feel disconnected to the Content Creator, then naturally they will also watch less of those content, follow less, donate less.

Also I’m not sure if the general responds of “I knew that the community would not reach kindly, but I would not change a thing” or “I don’t care if you don’t like it, I made content that I want to play” or “skill issue”, are really mature responds. Those kind of responds does give a very feeling of arrogant and elitism.

There are a number of CCP players out these to have done or planning to do these challenges, these are the 1% top end players, and even they have politely indicate how hard these challenges, even in their eyes, the best of the best, the expects in these champs, some not even planning to do them any time soon. So maybe, just maybe the community are not overreaching on this matter.

The game, Kabam, the players, the CCP, we are an symbiosis, we all links together, we does better when we understand and being supportive.

Suggestion Solutions

I reiterate, I believe all players are important to the game, and having event and content for the CCP/1% is important too however there are better way, which like I said above some Kabam already done.

Speedrun
    Do more of the Speedrun (first 10 to complete a content), give those amazing players a big title and lovely profile picture for them to flex, it is fun and the community love watching it (sure many here have watch none stop one of these fav CC do Necropolis to be the top 10)

CCP vs CCP
    If CCP want to create challenges, sure, here an idea.
    Pick 2 random CCPs for example Lagacy and AndrewtheRuff
    Each create a challenge, that the other have to complete within 7 days of the challenges start.
    Each create BG 2 Emojis, a Victory one and a You failed one.
    If CCP completed the challenges that the other set within the 7 day they get the cool/good/victory and if they can’t then they get the you failed one.

Great to use to tease each other when they having a BG match.

Sure the community will enjoying watching these live stream, great income for the CCP and great advertising for Kabam, and great community spirit for the players.

Summery is let the 1% create challenges for the 1%.

As for the Currently CCP Carine Challenge, there are so many way and small changes that could make this event so much engaging for a lot more players, I’m just surprise it wasn’t implement.

CCP Carine Challenge Suggest Solution

1) Change – Player get 1 x 7* selector for completing 3 challenges, and get the 2nd 7* selector when finish all 6 challenges.
    2) Give out 2 GmG keys, if you have to do 2 run of GmG, it feel less wasteful if you could pick up those chest too.
    3) Give the EoP rewards for completing the 2 EoP challenges.

These rewards are nothing game breaking, but it would be help a little for players to willing to rank up unnecessary champs just for these challenges.

Yes, I can hear people already ask, what about those already done all 6, well I’m sure Kabam can send out the same rewards to a handful of the players or even better still give them a cool title and unique profile for being the 1st handful of players to complete all 6 challenges.

I remember seeing how excited players were when first here about the new challenge come, so many were excited and debating which champ they will choose. It was wonderful to see the community so excited, for all of that to disappear within 5 mins of seeing the actual challenges.

There are more idea on how to balance to challenges, but I can’t imagine Kabam will do so no points of listing, however overall I think these little changes (above) would create better players engagement to the content.
    Great post and I agree.
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,045 ★★★★★
    gohard123 said:

This will be the 1st content in the history of mcoc that i will be skipping (except for the sparky stuff to get the KG piece). Last content i didn't do was the Coulson challenge ,i tried but couldn't do it. That was 8 years ago

Are these challenges worse than 4* starlord that you did even before Carina’s challenges were ever a thing?
    Much worse ya, are you talking about LOL?
  • Options
    RockyshockyRockyshocky Posts: 102 ★★

gohard123 said:

Much worse ya, are you talking about LOL?
    Sorry, but these challenges are not worse than the Labyrinth challenges from vol 1. No fight in the 4* labyrinth challenges was soloable- those were legitimate revive dumps that nobody could out-skill. These on the other hand (even fins) can be done for very cheap with proper knowledge and execution. People complain about this new batch as if its tuned just the same as those labyrinth ones, when they are in fact significantly more player-friendly and skill focused (fin made sure every single fight in his challenges were soloable).
    I know that being better than the vol 1 labyrinth challenges is a low bar, but these pass that bar easily, despite the complaints that its a mandatory resource drain.