**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

New Carrina's challenges thoughts?

Comments

• Options
    ItsClobberinTimeItsClobberinTime Posts: 3,319 ★★★★★
    Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Jefechuta said:

Carina's Challenges intention is to give 1% top players something to do that requires all the skill and resources they dont have to use on other content.

The fact that we got some that would include "everybody" doesnt make it is the main intention of them.

This content is not supposed to be achievable by most of us, this is not meant to be hard skill wise, but not doable without spending resources.

Why you guys acting suddenly like this MUST be like you want it to be?

The same way nobody gets mad because Celestial in BGs is not achievable by everybody, we shouldnt get mad because is isnt either, because thats the intention behind this content.

If something is released to a demographic of Players, they're going to share their feedback on it. It's dismissive to say "It's not for you so don't complain.". It IS for them. It is content that's released into the game, that's available for them to play. If it's just a challenge among the Gods, then they can challenge themselves without releasing it as content.
    No one disputes the fact that it's not for everyone. Personally I don't have a horse in the race because I'm quite happy doing it whenever I'm ready. What I would like to point out that the argument that it's not for everyone might apply now and then, when you're talking about lower Players trying to punch above their weight. I still think it can be used dismissively by other Players at times, but it's valid now and then.
    I haven't seen that in this case. The Players who are complaining about it aren't new. They're at the latter stages of the game. They're literally the top percentile you're referring to. If they're not happy with it, they will communicate that, and it doesn't automatically mean they're spoiled or looking for an easy street. I know this because the Players who are complaining have been here for years, sharing their progress. Be careful using that statement. It doesn't always apply, and it can come off as ignorant. Just a suggestion.
    If the player base that this content is supposed to hit is the one complaining right now, why are they complaining exactly?

I mean, If this people complaining have nothing else, anywhere to spend their resources on, as I said, as Its supposed to be for the people targeted by this challenge, why are they complaining? The first round of Carina's Challenge were not funny at all, those werent supposed to be beaten just with skills because the star level and the champion requirements were meant to also require revives, a ton of them or not, depending on how skilled you are, and people understood that yeah, maybe this content wasnt meant to be done the same way than the other content, and most of the people, even at the end-game spectrum, just ignored that content.

Why is this any different from Carina's Challenges 1? Why suddenly Carina's Challenge must be comfortable for the people? Why it must require less revives? Why it must be more inclusive within the communitys rosters?

It never was meant to be comfortable, never was meant to be enjoyable, never was meant to be doable by more than the Top of the top players, the ones that can reach Celestial every season as an example.

I dont really understand this sudden enragement against this content
    I'm pretty sure most people are complaining because it's not fun, which you've already acknowledged. What is the point in releasing content that makes you want to delete the game on the spot instead of trying again? These fights are not fun, they're stressful.
    With Necropolis they proved they can make challenging content that's also fun, why are they going back to doing stuff like this which 90% of the playerbase doesn't enjoy?
    The main reason when Carina's Challenge were released was to give people that had nothing to do some real challenges, the same way we had people doing X content with weird champs and uploading them on YouTube, this was for those bored xtremely end game players to have something to do meanwhile.

Im not a fan of those, I dont enjoy that content, and it is not even Content, since its just an additional objective if you wanna do it in already existing content, why would I be this angry about it?

I mean why get angry about Carina's Challenge that is supposed to be the way it is, and it is just an completely optional objective, non game changing, meant to challenge yourself not only skill-wise but your patience aswell.

Obviously is not for 99% of us, but this is an overexageration of the situation
    Why? Cause there are good meaningful rewards locked behind them.
    If what they really want is to give these people something to do then give them pfps or titles for doing the challenges but don't lock any actual rewards behind them cause that's going to get people's attention and they're going to want to do them for obvious reasons.

I can guarantee you 99% of the people on this thread don't want to have their patience or sanity challenged this way. We want more stuff like Necropolis (which was also endgame content for players who had nothing else to do btw). This isn't about complaining about the challenges being tailored around endgame players it's more about the fact that Kabam is starting to go backwards after the massive W that Necropolis was.
    I know there are meaningful rewards locked behind them, 7* Spidey 2099 is one of them for me, since its one of the only 6* I still dont have and I want him so bad, but Im thinking from the perspective that this is supposed to be what Kabam supposed to want it to be, If this was for everybody to do the same way WoW was meant for end-game players, I would be as mad as I am for the Abs Boss, but the idea is that this isnt for us like WoW is, its just for people whom this rewards are just like a "Hey, you did it, well done".

As I said Im going to do Miike ones after I finish the second one of Lags, Fintechs challenge is outrageous for me, but the diff I think it is supposed to be by the info Kabam stated, was that this is not like Necro since there is no "new" rewards, or no sustantial ones at least if you complete this objectives, unlike Necro that is really gamechanging.

I saw some Kabam's posts about the feedback about this objectives, maybe this isnt what they wanted to be like, and if so, then yeah, thats an L for them, if they were expecting this reaction from the community and it is, indeed, their intention to make this nearly impossible for 99% of us to do, then its just another content that is not going to be taking my time.

Depending on what Kabam wanted this to be, we should be either neutral, or angry, but as I say, it completely depends on what they wanted this content to be and for who.
    Yeah but the problem is like I said, they can't claim the content isn't for everyone when there are interesting meaningful rewards locked behind it. When you do that, everyone will want to do it.

Again, I don't care about challenging or hard my guy, it's the fact that it's simply not fun and it's not like they can't make it fun. Lags' challenges look extremely fun but the others are just not it.
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

@Karatemike415 seeing you scramble to justify the challenge just further proves the point that it isn't fun, and you know it isn't fun. If you thought you had truly designed a fun quest you would chill out and give people time to come to that conclusion on their own. Instead you're doing what Kabam asked you to do, damage control.

Fun content doesn't need force feeding or explanation, it doesn't require pages and pages of convincing people to enjoy it. Fun content is automatically enjoyed, and people flock to it with excitement.

Even if you think this content is fun, the majority of people who care about the game enough to come to forums do not think it is fun. I'm not even arguing that it is too difficult, it's simply lazy design that added absolutely nothing to the MCOC experience.

This is hilarious.
    I’m not scrambling over anything - and I most certainly was not asked to do “damage control.”

And I’m actually very chill currently despite receiving hundreds of comments over the past 48 hours of people calling me a “c*nt” over an optional objective in a mobile video game.

If you don’t find it fun, that’s fine!
    I’m not your dad and I can’t force you to like or do anything you don’t want to.
    It’s an optional permanent objective geared toward the players who miss this style of content, and it was never going to be received well by “the majority.”

I had a metric **** ton of fun doing my challenges - probably the most fun I’ve had playing this game so far, tbh.

This may be a shocking concept, but the primary goal of the challenge objective here wasn’t simply “fun.”
    It was to create a very difficult challenge while still giving the tools to get through it without much item use.

With skilled play & proper strategy, both of my challenges can be done in under 5 revives.
    Every character on the team has a specific role & counters the fight PERFECTLY.

You may not like the objective - or be interested in this style of content - but regardless of that fact, the mark was met.

Calling it “lazy design” is simply a lazy take.
    First off no one should be personally attacking you or Fintech. It's childish and unwarranted. Both challenges are difficult which is what as asked from you. People are still angry over revive farming and they are taking it out on both of you which isn't fair. I don't think the rewards match the difficulty but thats not on either of you guys.

The personal hate is just ridiculous. Kabam does need to here the feedback because it's frustrating players that the challenges are gated for lots of players plus the use of rare resources to rank up champs to even attempt it isn't really fair so I understand why people are upset. If they want gated content they should provide the champs and resources in stages so you don't feel like your wasting those resources just for one challenge.

I hope you don't take any of the comments personally. Obviously all you guys are super skilled in this game but the majority of players aren't so they get upset. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. I'm still unsure if I will rank up the champs and try it but it's my choice either way. I'm not forced to do anything.

Keep your heads up!
  • Options
    Zuko_ILCZuko_ILC Posts: 1,504 ★★★★★

Rasilover said:

I have no why people are dooming on the creators like they betrayed us or something 🤷‍♂️

Maybe cause two of them designed challenges that are extremely frustrating to complete? They obviously don't care about fun.
    @ItsClobberinTime Have you actually tried them before coming to this conclusion? Genuinely asking.
    You said earlier you haven't logged on in 2 weeks.
    Are you assuming that he has all of those champs that no one has ranked at R4 or R5 already?
    The worst part is I do, and I did the first few fights with r5 ascended Zemo but they're not fun. That's the main reason I'm complaining they're not fun, it's not even about the difficulty itself.
    Keep practicing them until you get good. The content isn't going away.
  • Options
    iDestroyerZiDestroyerZ Posts: 661 ★★★★

For the insane handsome bald people who enjoyed doing pre-nerf 6.2 itemless, and would grind arena for Champions to rank to finish a random lane in 6.2.4, instead of popping a single Revive that expires in 25 minutes.

I see what you did there xD i remember watching his livestream and there was like a particular path (can't remember which) and he had to make for the same path, 3-4 livestreams 2 hours+ each just to finish itemless lol it was painful and awesome to see at the same time
  • Options
    ThecurlerThecurler Posts: 850 ★★★★
    I don’t understand all the complaints in this thread tbh.
    It’s optional end game content, so if it’s too resource demanding or not enjoyable, don’t do it… the rewards are hardly game changing and the deathless piece is relatively easy to get.

Looks like 100% completion of this content is aimed at the top tier sweatiest players… and that’s fine.

I’ve done the 7.3.6 challenge and that will do me for now. I might pick the rest up when the game is a little quieter at some point in the future.
    If not I’m not going to lose any sleep over it.

I’m much more concerned about the bs we’re starting to see in day to day content.
  • Options
    MauledMauled Posts: 3,957 Guardian
    edited February 17
    I’ve got quite mixed thoughts on these challenges.

The positives:
    • Such direct engagement with content creators on a large piece of content is a big step for engagement, which is something that I think has lacked quite significantly in the past.
    • Thematically, I love the idea of the OG Avengers vs Thanos theme and would love to see more pieces of themed content. the Starky challenges are fun and challenging but not a real resource sucker. I can’t comment on the Tigra challenges as I can’t use her right now, so I’m going to steer clear of that for now.
    • This game does need challenging content, both for the top end players and to keep engagement with content creators on YouTube.

Middle ground:
    • The effort/reward ratio is a bit off in my opinion, unless you really are on the level the very best players in the game. That said, this is aimed at those players and the rewards being a 6/10 means that players such as myself - I consider myself very good but not great - aren’t missing out on game changing resources.

The Negatives:
    • These mainly focus on Mike’s I’m afraid: the realistic rank up requirements are very high for a single quest line. Ultimately you need them at R4+ or as a 7* unless you want something to be an awful revive fest. Hawkeye, BW, Antman and Thor are champs that are certainly not at the top of probably even in the top half, of most people’s rank up lists.
    • The Avengers challenge which gives you the 2* Zemo doesn’t give you a 3/4/5* Zemo. I think that it would have been a very easy win to give at least a 3 and 4* Zemo with the rewards. They’re vital for this task but we barely get 3 or 4* shards these days so unless you did the arena whenever it rolled around you’re out of luck on that task. I can understand no 5* as we have 5* shard access growing on trees and dual crystals though as a rarity they’re very mid tier now it’s a low value piece of charity from Kabam’s perspective with a huge payout for content participation.

On balance, excellent idea and I love the selectors helping facilitate the completion of the other challenges - needed to give the full Zemo love though. I think this is a -nearly- there concept.
  • Options
    gohard123gohard123 Posts: 999 ★★★

Fintech said:

gohard123 said:

This will be the 1st content in the history of mcoc that i will be skipping (except for the sparky stuff to get the KG piece). Last content i didn't do was the Coulson challenge ,i tried but couldn't do it. That was 8 years ago

Are these challenges worse than 4* starlord that you did even before Carina’s challenges were ever a thing?
    Much worse ya, are you talking about LOL?
    Sorry, but these challenges are not worse than the Labyrinth challenges from vol 1. No fight in the 4* labyrinth challenges was soloable- those were legitimate revive dumps that nobody could out-skill. These on the other hand (even fins) can be done for very cheap with proper knowledge and execution. People complain about this new batch as if its tuned just the same as those labyrinth ones, when they are in fact significantly more player-friendly and skill focused (fin made sure every single fight in his challenges were soloable).
    I know that being better than the vol 1 labyrinth challenges is a low bar, but these pass that bar easily, despite the complaints that its a mandatory resource drain.
    Saying Fintech made sure the fights are soloable is the dumbest argument ever cause the % of the playerbase that grinds the game 24/7 like him is probably less than 5% lol.

I think you’re severely overestimating the amount of time i spend playing this game every day 😂
    Everybody assumes that the God tier players play 24/7, which is ridiculous.

Some people are naturally more gifted at playing the game than others, it's as simple as that.

Back in my mid 20's I had been playing guitar for 10+ years, played quite often, had jam space, the whole but.

My friend and I who always jammed met this 16 year old kid who had been playing guitar for probably 2 years, and he blew me out of the water. Why? Because he was just that naturally gifted at playing guitar.

Not because he spent 24/7 playing, he was just damn good.

The same can be said about most things.

Some people are just more naturally gifted at things, they don't need to practice 24/7 to be godly at something.
    If someone plays guitar 8 hours a day for two years while you play 2 for ten years they will be better than you, what's so weird about that? Lmao let's stop acting like Fintech doesn't play the game that often yeah? We all know he does, you don't just get this good out of nowhere. You can be a natural at a lot of things but I can guarantee you nobody wins a tournament without practice and some investment.
    No matter how much I practice football, I will never get to the level of players like Maradona, Messi or Ronaldinho. People just have innate talent
  • Options
    edited February 17
    Mauled said:

The Negatives:
    • These mainly focus on Mike’s I’m afraid: the realistic rank up requirements are very high for a single quest line. Ultimately you need them at R4+ or as a 7* unless you want something to be an awful revive fest. Hawkeye, BW, Antman and Thor are champs that are certainly not at the top of probably even in the top half, of most people’s rank up lists.
    • The Avengers challenge which gives you the 2* Zemo doesn’t give you a 3/4/5* Zemo. I think that it would have been a very easy win to give at least a 3 and 4* Zemo with the rewards. They’re vital for this task but we barely get 3 or 4* shards these days so unless you did the arena whenever it rolled around you’re out of luck on that task. I can understand no 5* as we have 5* shard access growing on trees and dual crystals though as a rarity they’re very mid tier now it’s a low value piece of charity from Kabam’s perspective with a huge payout for content participation.

- You dont need all of them at R4.

- If you do not have 3/4 star Zemo then you should not be attempting these challenges. It is so easy to pick up these rarities that are in the arena milestones.
  • Options

xLunatiXx said:

@Karatemike415 seeing you scramble to justify the challenge just further proves the point that it isn't fun, and you know it isn't fun. If you thought you had truly designed a fun quest you would chill out and give people time to come to that conclusion on their own. Instead you're doing what Kabam asked you to do, damage control.

Fun content doesn't need force feeding or explanation, it doesn't require pages and pages of convincing people to enjoy it. Fun content is automatically enjoyed, and people flock to it with excitement.

Even if you think this content is fun, the majority of people who care about the game enough to come to forums do not think it is fun. I'm not even arguing that it is too difficult, it's simply lazy design that added absolutely nothing to the MCOC experience.

This is hilarious.
    I’m not scrambling over anything - and I most certainly was not asked to do “damage control.”

And I’m actually very chill currently despite receiving hundreds of comments over the past 48 hours of people calling me a “c*nt” over an optional objective in a mobile video game.

I’m not your dad and I can’t force you to like or do anything you don’t want to.
    It’s an optional permanent objective geared toward the players who miss this style of content, and it was never going to be received well by “the majority.”

I had a metric **** ton of fun doing my challenges - probably the most fun I’ve had playing this game so far, tbh.

This may be a shocking concept, but the primary goal of the challenge objective here wasn’t simply “fun.”
    It was to create a very difficult challenge while still giving the tools to get through it without much item use.

With skilled play & proper strategy, both of my challenges can be done in under 5 revives.

You may not like the objective - or be interested in this style of content - but regardless of that fact, the mark was met.

I do hope you had fun in the challenge you made. Or are you into sm ? 😂
    Fintech said:

Rasilover said:

I have no why people are dooming on the creators like they betrayed us or something 🤷‍♂️

But they did. They knew what they were doing when they made the challenge and knew it would piss people off. Mike seems like his mistake was mostly in the ranking cost of his champs but Fin seems to have done this maliciously. His comment in the thread and the comments from those who know him seem to prove that he did his challenge that way.
    There’s a huge difference between being malicious and wanting to challenge those who seek an *actual* challenge. As i have said the difficulty level was an intentional decision by me for the purpose of creating an extremely difficult challenge that could still be conquered with skill above all else. I can assure you i did not make it just to annoy or get a reaction out of anyone
    For both of you, remove the 7 star selector, maybe the shards, just leave PFP or emotes and you'd have a much better reception.
    Can't have an event targeted at your friends the 0.1% and have exclusive rewards highly valued by most. Even if you claim it's "optional". That point seems to be ignored.
    You guys open crystals by the hundreds so they may not seem much to you, but they are for the rest of us.
    Cause the way the whole thing was setup plus some of your responses really feel like you're standing on top of your golden palace talking to peasants.
    This is exactly my issue with them saying it's optional. They want to bring back this type of content for people who enjoy doing it? Sure, give them pfps and titles, no big deal.
    You can't however throw a 7* selector in there (with two insane champs btw) and then be like "but you don't have to do it"... Of course I wanna do it, I want that selector.
    Yes they can and they should. LOL has Ultron, Necro has Maestro, Deathless champions are locked behind various challenges. Just because you deem some barriers easy enough to do doesnt mean there shouldnt be harder barriers. A lot of people couldnt get into gladiator's circuit, a lot of people cant get Maestro and a lot of people wont get 7* Sparky, S99 or Masacre. The world wont end neither will your account
  • Options
    danielmathdanielmath Posts: 4,046 ★★★★★

Zuko_ILC said:

This is hilarious.

I hope you don't take any of the comments personally. Obviously all you guys are super skilled in this game but the majority of players aren't so they get upset. Everyone needs to take a step back and relax. I'm still unsure if I will rank up the champs and try it but it's my choice either way. I'm not forced to do anything.

Keep your heads up!
    It’s genuinely impossible to not take it personally when people are actively going out of their way to literally make it personal 🤷🏻‍♀️
    (Not really anybody in this thread, btw)

I’m a big boy, I’ll survive - but the toxicity thrown my way the past 48 hours has been truly mind boggling.
    Imagine being russell wilson….
  • Options

Zuko_ILC said:

This is hilarious.

Keep your heads up!
    It’s genuinely impossible to not take it personally when people are actively going out of their way to literally make it personal 🤷🏻‍♀️
    (Not really anybody in this thread, btw)

I’m a big boy, I’ll survive - but the toxicity thrown my way the past 48 hours has been truly mind boggling.
    Imagine being russell wilson….
    Dude, honestly, I couldn’t even begin to imagine hahahaha
  • Options
    HungaryHippoHungaryHippo Posts: 773 ★★★★
    Doing the challenges and the lessons I learn along the way is what's fun.

However, the rewards don't match the effort. Should have been two of each champ so we can get the duped.
  • Options

gohard123 said:

gohard123 said:

xLunatiXx said:

This is hilarious.

I do hope you had fun in the challenge you made. Or are you into sm ? 😂
    Fintech said:

Rasilover said:

But they did. They knew what they were doing when they made the challenge and knew it would piss people off. Mike seems like his mistake was mostly in the ranking cost of his champs but Fin seems to have done this maliciously. His comment in the thread and the comments from those who know him seem to prove that he did his challenge that way.
    There’s a huge difference between being malicious and wanting to challenge those who seek an *actual* challenge. As i have said the difficulty level was an intentional decision by me for the purpose of creating an extremely difficult challenge that could still be conquered with skill above all else. I can assure you i did not make it just to annoy or get a reaction out of anyone
    For both of you, remove the 7 star selector, maybe the shards, just leave PFP or emotes and you'd have a much better reception.
    Can't have an event targeted at your friends the 0.1% and have exclusive rewards highly valued by most. Even if you claim it's "optional". That point seems to be ignored.
    You guys open crystals by the hundreds so they may not seem much to you, but they are for the rest of us.
    Cause the way the whole thing was setup plus some of your responses really feel like you're standing on top of your golden palace talking to peasants.
    This is exactly my issue with them saying it's optional. They want to bring back this type of content for people who enjoy doing it? Sure, give them pfps and titles, no big deal.
    You can't however throw a 7* selector in there (with two insane champs btw) and then be like "but you don't have to do it"... Of course I wanna do it, I want that selector.
    Yes they can and they should. LOL has Ultron, Necro has Maestro, Deathless champions are locked behind various challenges. Just because you deem some barriers easy enough to do doesnt mean there shouldnt be harder barriers. A lot of people couldnt get into gladiator's circuit, a lot of people cant get Maestro and a lot of people wont get 7* Sparky, S99 or Masacre. The world wont end neither will your account
    Another genius who missed the whole point of my comments on this thread. I can do the challenges, I have a r5 ascended Zemo and three extra Zemos. I also have a Tigra and a JP I can rank up, the challenges are simply not fun in general.
    This is like the fifth time I've had to dumb it down for the nerds saying "get good". The difficulty isn't the issue, the issue is they feel more like a chore than a challenge, just like WoW Abs Man
    You cant accuse me of lacking comprehension when you have done exactly that. Maybe the easy and harder barriers is where you got lost. "Harder" barrier is not limited to difficulty, "not being fun" and "chore" make it a harder barrier to complete. Has my comment been dumbed down enough for you to understand?
    You said "you deem some barriers easy enough to do", fun mechanics or boring ones don't make the challenges easier or harder to do, they just make them well... Fun or boring. You also proceeded to talk about how people can't make it to GC.
    You were obviously talking about difficulty, Felicia. You almost got me with the "no u" but unfortunately you're not smart enough, cheers!
    I have explained that barriers are not limited to difficulty but you clearly have cemented that misconception in your mind. You'd think that me referring to barriers rather than straight up saying difficulty would be simple to understand.
    You do you bro.