**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

I was THIS close!!

PriyabrataPriyabrata Posts: 742 ★★★
edited February 18 in General Discussion
I was THIS close to beating Abs man for the Gamma objective with SHE-hulk, he's at 18% health, I have 24 passive furies. And despite leaving myself open instead of throwing the special he just blocks and stays there for 3 full seconds and then goes for medium instead

DOES THIS ABILITY EVEN WORK?
Cause how did he hold a special attack when he had a 360% chance to throw it??
Am I tweaking??

Comments

• Options
    knupdiputsknupdiputs Posts: 32
    I feel you. Happened to me lots of times. Should have been no chance of holding the special. I’d like to understand how that works.
  • Options
    sherin_66sherin_66 Posts: 251 ★★★
    Malchaeis said:

360% increased chance x 0 is still 0. Seriously though I'd like to see their math on this one also

He had 24 furies, not zero? What are you saying here?

• Options
    DUHveedDUHveed Posts: 343 ★★★
    This sounds like a call needs to be made to @DNA3000’s mega brain to break down the math and explain diminishing returns
  • Options
    DUHveed said:

This sounds like a call needs to be made to @DNA3000’s mega brain to break down the math and explain diminishing returns

@DNA3000 might be the only one that can actually break down how this works
  • Options
    Jack2634Jack2634 Posts: 743 ★★★
    @Priyabrata my guess would be , since the chance of throwing is 15% for each fury stack , it will count 2nd fury as 15% of 85%, and so on... So at 24 stack abs man chance is like 1-(1-0.15)^24 which is like 98% , but none of that matter as abs man on a beautiful day just say fk you, imma hold my special and u cant do sh** to me
  • Options
    TheShinyDomeTheShinyDome Posts: 185 ★★
    sherin_66 said:

Malchaeis said:

360% increased chance x 0 is still 0. Seriously though I'd like to see their math on this one also

He had 24 furies, not zero? What are you saying here?

He's saying that abs has a 0% chance to throw the special, so multiply that by whatever, its still a 0% chance.

The math shouldn't actually work that way, but that's the joke.
  • Options
    RookiieRookiie Posts: 4,772 ★★★★★
    edited February 18

I was THIS close to beating Abs man for the Gamma objective with SHE-hulk, he's at 18% health, I have 24 passive furies. And despite leaving myself open instead of throwing the special he just blocks and stays there for 3 full seconds and then goes for medium instead

Am I tweaking??

I’ll explain it to you, let’s see how I match up with @DNA3000 on this one.

The ability reads the following: it increases their chance to launch a Special Attack by 15%.

If the base chance to throw that special is 10%, then one passive Fury would increase that chance to 11.5%. And 24 passive Furies would increase that chance to 46%.

In this case, to get a 100% chance of throwing that special with 24 Furies, the base chance would have to be 21.75%.

So it’s not an outright 360% chance to throw the special, it’s a 360% increase on the chance to throw the special.
  • Options
    Seems like it's not additive...well it is what it is he's doing more of that blocking and then instantly going for a medium thing again haven't been able to take him below 50 % without losing my ramp atleast once
  • Options
    JLordVileJJLordVileJ Posts: 1,462 ★★★
    Rookiie said:

Am I tweaking??

I’ll explain it to you, let’s see how I match up with @DNA3000 on this one.

The ability reads the following: it increases their chance to launch a Special Attack by 15%.

If the base chance to throw that special is 10%, then one passive Fury would increase that chance to 11.5%. And 24 passive Furies would increase that chance to 46%.

In this case, to get a 100% chance of throwing that special with 24 Furies, the base chance would have to be 21.75%.

So it’s not an outright 360% chance to throw the special, it’s a 360% increase on the chance to throw the special.
    I was just typing that then I saw your comment
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    edited February 18
    Much like the Taunt debuff, an increased chance is great, but no one actually knows what numerical chance that increase is actually based upon.

Shulk is one example of this—but there are others. I can imagine there is a reduced chance of the defender throwing a special when very close to the next bar of power but there’s probably a lot more to it than that alone.

My rule of thumb is to assume the touted benefits (like Taunt, etc.) of champs are likely less than touted when it comes to what the team calls endgame and even competitive content.

Dr. Zola