**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

WoW: I have reached the point where I don’t have the skill to continue.

Comments

• Options
    Nacho98Nacho98 Posts: 109
    Grass Mcoc has the best She-Hulk solo video explanation I’ve seen. I was able to do it after watching and practicing for about an hour. Highly recommend
  • Options
    Lovejoy72Lovejoy72 Posts: 1,858 ★★★★
    I hear you on this. We are the same age, been playing the same amount of time, and I’m Valiant. My arthritis and eye sight are becoming limiting factors in my accomplishments. I did get gamma done with Hulk this time, but it was something! Still not sure I’ll go back in with Shocker. But I hear you.
  • Options
    BulmktBulmkt Posts: 1,552 ★★★★

I read these comments and think, “i kind of agree, but that’s why i’ve decided to just focus on the parts of the game i enjoy - EQ, (most) SQ, some AW, some BGs, some story, and good old arena…”

…except the current Kabam model reads to me as “we will flood the zone with overtuned, hyper-specific defenders as passive-aggressive revenge for our OP Hercules design until morale improves,” making those other modes more and more of a drag. The balance between “fun challenge” and “giant middle finger from the publisher” is off and getting worse by the month.

I play mcoc every day yet somehow i miss mcoc. We’re in the endgame now, or at least i am.

An accurate assessment.
  • Options
    CreeseazCreeseaz Posts: 277
    @Bulmkt why not just quit the fight as soon as he throws the special so he doesn't Regen? I see people getting him down in 6-7 revives that way? Or am I off
  • Options
    Lovejoy72 said:

I hear you on this. We are the same age, been playing the same amount of time, and I’m Valiant. My arthritis and eye sight are becoming limiting factors in my accomplishments. I did get gamma done with Hulk this time, but it was something! Still not sure I’ll go back in with Shocker. But I hear you.

Well done mate. At this stage you have done better than me! I also appreciate the time taken to write your comment here. Tks
  • Options
    SammyDeSammyDe Posts: 901 ★★★
    Don’t go mate, we like you here. I was one of the lucky ones to get the gamma one done. Looks like Nebula is the next one where her regen will be pretty bad as well. The gauntlet is already going to be terrible with him there again. If they have more of the recent release of terribly defenders like Photon, Bullseye and Onslaught, participation will be so low they will have to make the next season much more summoner friendly.
    I will focus on 100% act 8 for my second rank 3 rather than using up all my resource on WOW where we have no idea how bad the next champ could be (they usually have the easiest fight at the start, right?).
  • Options
    Fulcana666Fulcana666 Posts: 14
    100% agree will all the sentiments you expressed in your post and your video @Bulmkt .
  • Options

100% agree will all the sentiments you expressed in your post and your video @Bulmkt .

Thank you mate. Very much appreciated!
  • Options
    phillgreenphillgreen Posts: 3,685 ★★★★★
    Good job mate.
  • Options
    PrentexPrentex Posts: 298
    Any hints on week 2 available already?
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    Congrats @Bulmkt I've saved your YT vid for watching later too. Your and @Peteyaces_72 's comments are how I'm feeling, at a similar level of achievement.

20,517/19,509 prestige, 100% necro, valiant, paragon within 3 months of launch, playing for years.

This boss, coupled with revive farm nerf, has taken a lot of the fun from the grind...
  • Options
    ShinobiGuyShinobiGuy Posts: 571 ★★★
    Gonna jump on the praise the Hulk takedown wagon.

Ranked up my She-Hulk to R3 for the challenge and have been trying to get into the fight with her, but even if you manage to get in a groove it's so easy for a command not to register or for you to mis-time slighly. Been trying on and off for a week.

Tried the Hulk strategy just now and it took 4 tries before I had a good first fight, but that got him to under 50% and after that it was stun lock and go. Used 5 revives which is not too bad.

But I totally agree that this is the most BS fight ever made. Not fun and I'm not looking forwards to more.

Thank God we can skip the #Robot one.
  • Options
    SaltE_Wenis69SaltE_Wenis69 Posts: 1,992 ★★★★
    imagine having hulk😭
  • Options
    DNA3000DNA3000 Posts: 18,687 Guardian
    Bulmkt said:

I also understand the anger and how this one piece of very poorly designed content has turned players of a mobile video game into people with anger, frustration and general unhappiness. No game should do that to any player - to make any player feel that way is wrong on so many levels. But can I just suggest you don’t quit. Do like me and stay on. Don’t let this lousy content get to you.

By that criteria, the Collector is an equally poorly designed piece of content. The 5.2 one. Act 6.1 is also an extremely poorly designed piece of content. I can guarantee that both of those caused more frustration than Woe Abs Man did, if for no other reason than several order of magnitude more players have faced those things. Only a relatively small handful of players have even seen the Winter of Woe Abs Man. The 5.2 Collector received the same cash grab unfair fight complaints that Woe Abs Man is getting. So did 6.1.1 No Retreat. The Maze took a ton of flak when it came out. The very first Uncollected difficulty EQ maps did as well, and so did the first Master tier, Cavalier and Thronebreaker difficulty tiers.

The issue is not who's right or who's wrong. The point is that all those things caused anger, frustration, and general unhappiness. We can say they were wrong, but they still felt the same way. All those things caused people to threaten to quit, and to declare that the "direction" of the game was wrong. You say no game should do that to any player. So why were those things not just as much of a problem as Woe is now? And is the solution to dial all difficulty back to Act 4? People get frustrated by lots of things in this game. Are the people who get frustrated with the content we all managed to get past somehow unimportant? Do their feelings not matter?

I've been saying for years that there is an elitism problem in MCOC that I haven't seen to the same degree in other games I've played over the years, and it isn't the one most people think. It isn't the "git gud" faction that is the problem. They are just annoying. The real problem is the "I managed to do WXY and so if I can't do Z someone must fix my problem." If you fail at becoming Uncollected, no one cares. If you fail at becoming Cavalier, no one cares. Failure in the mid game is something no one cares about or talks about. But failure at the higher tiers of the game? That's a problem. If Map 5 is too hard, get good. If Map 8 is too hard, we need a committee to investigate why the game is broken. If players get burned out in tier 12 war, they need to suck it up. If players get burned out in tier 1 war, it is a medical and economic calamity.

People get stuck and frustrated all the time, at all tiers of the game. That's not a good thing, but it is an unavoidable thing in a progressional game. Different people are going to struggle at different places, and reach their walls at different times. It will be easy until it isn't in different ways for different people. But we are not special. The fact that we hit the wall in the Winter of Woe and not Necropolis or 6.4 or 5.2 doesn't mean that problem is a problem with the game. Sure, stuff doesn't always get released in the intended condition, and sometimes the devs aim wrong or land in the wrong place. But all of this should be treated no different than when someone complains the Uncollected boss in monthly EQ is over tuned. It might be, it might not be. If it is we fix it and move on. If it isn't, well that just means that particular player has to accept they might not be strong enough today to get passed it, and work on getting better.

We are not special. Sometimes Cavalier players get stuck trying to complete 6.2. And sometimes Valiant players get stuck trying to defeat a Winter of Woe boss. That's all part of playing a game with challenging content. One day it is going to be us that gets stuck, and has to take a step back and try to build up a stronger roster or better skills or both, before continuing up the ladder. It has happened to 99% of all the players in the game. None of us should think we have been exempted. We need to accept that it was always them, not us, but one day it will be us. It isn't the end of the world, to not be able to do the top tier everything every time. Almost no one gets to do that.
  • Options
    hotduelisthotduelist Posts: 15
    The thing that really hurts my love of the game is the complete dismissal from kabam about how just unfun and unfair that fight is. No attempts to fix the fight so it's fair. Just "git gud scrubs". It doesn't feel right
  • Options
    corporal_ackbarcorporal_ackbar Posts: 19
    edited February 20

Edit: nevermind, i give up
  • Options

The thing that really hurts my love of the game is the complete dismissal from kabam about how just unfun and unfair that fight is. No attempts to fix the fight so it's fair. Just "git gud scrubs". It doesn't feel right

Exactly mate….
  • Options
    DrZolaDrZola Posts: 8,551 ★★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Exactly mate….
    And today we get to see what happens when the next defender drops…

Really only two outcomes, I think: a smoother, more modestly difficult encounter, or a continuation of the “pay up” theme. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Dr. Zola
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 ★★★★
    DrZola said:

Bulmkt said:

Exactly mate….
    And today we get to see what happens when the next defender drops…

Really only two outcomes, I think: a smoother, more modestly difficult encounter, or a continuation of the “pay up” theme. I honestly have no idea what to expect.

Dr. Zola
    I have a feeling that given all the backlash from players, and even kabam saying the fight is pretty overturned, that if the next fight was as insane as the absman has been, they probably scaled it back some behind the scenes.

I hope, at least.
  • Options
    MoosetiptronicMoosetiptronic Posts: 2,113 ★★★★
    Bulmkt said:

Congrats @Bulmkt I've saved your YT vid for watching later too. Your and @Peteyaces_72 's comments are how I'm feeling, at a similar level of achievement.

20,517/19,509 prestige, 100% necro, valiant, paragon within 3 months of launch, playing for years.

This boss, coupled with revive farm nerf, has taken a lot of the fun from the grind...

Cheers mate. All I did was just speak from the heart. Tried to keep it reflective of my recent experience.

We play games (whether be this game, X-Box, some board game or chess) because we enjoy playing the game!
    When the game loses its fun appeal then ultimately people will vote with their time and their wallets and go elsewhere.

I sincerely hope game mgmt have taken on board all the various posts concerning WoW Abs-man fight.

Again, after a long period of reflection I went back in and finally beat him with my R2 Hulk OG. It was a brutal bunch of fights that took me exactly 8 revives to beat him. It cost me 8 revives because as soon as Abs-man went to regen I just quit out. For me this was a game mode purposely designed to make me use revives/HP’s with the threat that if I don’t quit out he’ll regenerate an insane amount and I’m back to square one. That is not what I call a fun enjoyable experience.
    I'm sorry your hulk fight was like that.. so was mine and robots with warlock, even worse. Revive, fight until regen starts, quit fight, revive. You're right, it's not fun and a mistake wipes out progress and then some.

Which comes down to game design, is this a game where time and effort can eventually overcome a challenge? Should some content always be beyond those who don't have sufficient skills, regardless of their time and effort spent?

I personally feel that the game seems to chop and change between the two and that's when it can feel disconnected, if you're in one camp, not the other!
  • Options
    FinalfurykFinalfuryk Posts: 173 ★★
    The gamma objective was doable with a few revives. What destroyed me was the Sinister Six objective. I spent so many revives on that fight with Sandman and often times he was regening more damage than I managed to do. I didn't spend any units but ended up burning through all of my stash revives and most of my team revives to get him down. Robot objective was not great either (warlock) but compared to Sandman it was just a nightmare. The fact that they're saying robot was not great but Sinister Six was fine makes me shudder on what possible other objectives we can see. Inhumans in an armor break immune fight to negate Medusa? Ducks objective? Cyclops only fight? Who knows?
  • Options
    Rayven5220Rayven5220 Posts: 1,387 ★★★★

The gamma objective was doable with a few revives. What destroyed me was the Sinister Six objective. I spent so many revives on that fight with Sandman and often times he was regening more damage than I managed to do. I didn't spend any units but ended up burning through all of my stash revives and most of my team revives to get him down. Robot objective was not great either (warlock) but compared to Sandman it was just a nightmare. The fact that they're saying robot was not great but Sinister Six was fine makes me shudder on what possible other objectives we can see. Inhumans in an armor break immune fight to negate Medusa? Ducks objective? Cyclops only fight? Who knows?

For sinister 6 it was pretty well solo him or quit and start again.
    I never had luck reviving either, he just regened before I could get back to a sp2 with sandman.

It was pretty stupid, regardless.