**Mastery Loadouts**
Due to issues related to the release of Mastery Loadouts, the "free swap" period will be extended.
The new end date will be May 1st.
Options

Another fail from Kabam

Milan1405Milan1405 Posts: 952 ★★★★
The new Gold and Iso-8 crystal is terrible. If you're going to spend your solo shards, you're better off buying the supreme solo crystal and getting a few useful boosts. It's just been mistake after mistake recently from Kabam and Idk who on earth is making these decisions. It is impossible to play this game and think that is an even half decent crystal. It's not even bad, it is indisputably abysmal value. Would it have been game breaking to offer maybe some 6 star sig stones, awakening gems or shards (not even top of the game items but a damn site better than this nonsense!) 7 stars cost a LOT of iso to upgrade, and 6 stars aren't cheap either, so to give one t5 brick per crystal and a dribble of gold is a slap in the face.

Comments

• Options
    BringPopcornBringPopcorn Posts: 2,739 ★★★★★
    Milan1405 said:

Did they point a gun at you and told you to buy those crystals no matter what?

This argument makes no sense. You're not forced to do anything in this game but you can point out where Kabam have made mistakes/errors. No one pointed a gun at anyone and forced them to play the new Carina's challenges. But it missed the mark and there was massive backlash as we need to give appropriate feedback to Kabam so they can learn from it in the future (hopefully). Equally, if these crystals were amazing I would post that they were great value and encourage everyone to buy them instead.

They could have done better than this in many ways, such as offering double the iso and gold amount, but they chose to make these crystals outrageously bad value.

Its not an argument, it is what it is. They had no value and people hoard them in the ammount of millions, now they got a tad bit more value, not great but just a litle bit more than before.
  • Options
    BlackOracleBlackOracle Posts: 254 ★★★

Milan1405 said:

This argument makes no sense. You're not forced to do anything in this game but you can point out where Kabam have made mistakes/errors. No one pointed a gun at anyone and forced them to play the new Carina's challenges. But it missed the mark and there was massive backlash as we need to give appropriate feedback to Kabam so they can learn from it in the future (hopefully). Equally, if these crystals were amazing I would post that they were great value and encourage everyone to buy them instead.

They could have done better than this in many ways, such as offering double the iso and gold amount, but they chose to make these crystals outrageously bad value.

Its not an argument, it is what it is. They had no value and people hoard them in the ammount of millions, now they got a tad bit more value, not great but just a litle bit more than before.
    Thank you.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    edited February 19
    Milan1405 said:

People have been hoarding these shards forever. I’m sure they couldn’t make the crystal give out too much or it would absolutely break the game economy. At least that’s what I’m assuming happened.

Of course, but 1 6 star sig stone or 100 6 star shards per crystal would be way better than this and hardly game breaking. Or even 5 iso bricks would be fair enough. Or perhaps a few hundred t6b or t3a fragments. I'm not asking for 7 star shards, titan shards, t4 alpha or super high value or even close to it. But it would have been easy to be more generous and nowhere near 'economy-breaking.'
    Good thing it's not the only source for any of the contents of the crystal. It's something y'all forget about.

I don't know how many times they have to mention that there's a budget for all the distribution of rewards and it's sources. If it's not included, it's not because it would be game breaking, they just didn't feel the need for it to be there.

It's not a failure because it wasn't what you expected either because most of the community expects way more than will ever be needed.
  • Options
    Milan1405 said:

Milan1405 said:

That doesn't make sense. When you say: "Did they point a gun at you and told you to buy those crystals no matter what?" you are making the argument that I should not complain because we are not not forced to buy these crystals. And I am saying that I don't agree with that logic, as by using that logic "you shouldn't complain about anything in this game as it is all optional and you aren't forced to do anything." But as I said before, I like playing this game and try to give my feedback (along with many others) so Kabam hopefully listen and acknowledge it and maybe in the future they can buff this crystal to award double the iso and gold or something. Even that would be a small win.

Equally, I do praise Kabam for events like necropolis and the 7 for 7 challenge. There was no gun to my head forcing me to praise them here either, but we as a community wanted Kabam to know that we like those pieces of content, so hopefully they would make more like it in the future.
    Really you are going to compare actual playable content to crystals?
    Have you ever gone to a garage sale?... Do you really think they want to sell an item for a dollar or less?... Well think of it that way... People had those crystals for so long.. might as well get a nickel for them.
  • Options
    Triclops1224Triclops1224 Posts: 107 ★★
    Of all the valid complaints the community currently has, THIS is what you chose? 😂
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Sounding very much like one of the employees here & I'm not gonna say who (everyone knows tho). Also people have a right to complain about the stuff that's been added, regardless they bought it or not. It is a deal essentially and anyone has the right to talk about the fairness of the exchange. 20k shards for one crystal and it's just abysmal iso. Stop this gaslighting that all that the playerbase does is complain and that they were never forced to do something.
    Did this crystal impact you negatively in any way? Did it change anything for you between playing yesterday and today?...

I much rather have 1 Iso brick or the gold than this 2 tbh...
  • Options
    Grub88Grub88 Posts: 195 ★★
    I just got 10 Pargon crystals from the raids treasure boxes, think ill be good for ISO for a while
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Sounding very much like one of the employees here & I'm not gonna say who (everyone knows tho). Also people have a right to complain about the stuff that's been added, regardless they bought it or not. It is a deal essentially and anyone has the right to talk about the fairness of the exchange. 20k shards for one crystal and it's just abysmal iso. Stop this gaslighting that all that the playerbase does is complain and that they were never forced to do something.
    Did this crystal impact you negatively in any way? Did it change anything for you between playing yesterday and today?...

I much rather have 1 Iso brick or the gold than this 2 tbh...
    I'm talking about the trade off for the one brick of iso. 20k shards is insanity. And tbh those crystals (with regards to the iso/gold one) seems more profitable, since they even drop attack/health boosts. I don't usually say this, but stop trying to paint a landscape over a garbage pile. OP made a valid point regarding the price of these crystals.
    I opened 2, which is equivalent to 20k shards...
    I agree boosts (of course not arena ones) are better.
    I am not trying to paint a landscape over a pile of garbage. I am just saying they have a slight use for some people. Its still a picture of garbage, it just has a frame now
  • Options
    Crine60 said:

Unless I missed it somewhere, there is no in-game or forum announcement of this new crystal. Why would you add a new crystal (and as many people are saying, a pretty lousy one at that) and not bother to communicate it?

Probably because it would have been a lousy announcement to make.
  • Options
    DemonzfyreDemonzfyre Posts: 21,053 ★★★★★
    Rohith21 said:

If you have a right to complain, we have a right to comment about that complaint and offer our opinion as well. Not a single person has said "stop complaining now". Why is that if anyone has a different opinion than yours, then they are Kabam employees? Like seriously, find a better insult.
  • Options
    Rohith21Rohith21 Posts: 168 ★★
    edited February 19
    If you have a right to complain, we have a right to comment about that complaint and offer our opinion as well. Not a single person has said "stop complaining now". Why is that if anyone has a different opinion than yours, then they are Kabam employees? Like seriously, find a better insult.

Idk man, I guess the "no one forced you to do this" narrative doesn't work anymore either.
    Find something better than this when people (that too on majority) express their distaste on something.
  • Options
    edited February 19
    Rohith21 said:

Idk man, I guess the "no one forced you to do this" narrative doesn't work anymore either.
    Find something better than this when people (that too on majority) express their distaste on something.

The narrative of absolutely everything being terrible doesn't work either.. it was terrible before, I saw a screenshot of a guy with 48M shards of solo crystals. It was terrible yesterday, its still terrible now. People act as if people were forced to do something in trade of this terrible crystals that you acquire with a currency that was also terrible in the first place.
  • Options
    edited February 19

Rohith21 said:

The narrative of absolutely everything being terrible doesn't work either.. it was terrible before, I saw a screenshot of a guy with 48M shards of solo crystals. It was terrible yesterday, its still terrible now. People act as if people were forced to do something in trade of this terrible crystals that you acquire with a currency that was also terrible in the first place.
    Like I said, people are just calling out the sh1t value in this trade. There's a reason why they didn't even make a post about this or mention it anywhere. The guy who made this post clearly said, that there are things that kabam is getting wrong consistently only in recent times (on which he isn't wrong).
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Like I said, people are just calling the sh1t value in this trade. There's a reason why they didn't even make a post about this or mention it anywhere. The guy who made this post clearly said, that there are things that kabam is getting wrong consistently only in recent times (on which he isn't wrong).
    Do me a favor, read back OPs post and check what exactly he was asking for instead. He is not really asking for 5 bricks of T5 Iso or 1 of T6, check exactly what he thought they should have given us.
    After you check that have in mind that I told you some people have this shards in the number of MILLIONS.
    After you do that tell me if his complaint, request, wish or whatever you want to call it seems reasonable at all. Tell me that what OP wanted is not game breaking.
  • Options
    edited February 19

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Like I said, people are just calling the sh1t value in this trade. There's a reason why they didn't even make a post about this or mention it anywhere. The guy who made this post clearly said, that there are things that kabam is getting wrong consistently only in recent times (on which he isn't wrong).
    Do me a favor, read back OPs post and check what exactly he was asking for instead. He is not really asking for 5 bricks of T5 Iso or 1 of T6, check exactly what he thought they should have given us.
    After you check that have in mind that I told you some people have this shards in the number of MILLIONS.
    After you do that tell me if his complaint, request, wish or whatever you want to call it seems reasonable at all. Tell me that what OP wanted is not game breaking.
    I have no intention to upset you or anyone. I do see what you're trying to say and it's a valid concern, that it could be groundbreaking for players who have hoarded the shards since a very long time. But there also happen to be a good section of summoners who don't hoard these sharda and just use them for the temporary boosts. The current output from these crystals isn't worth the price tag. That's the bottomline I see for this situation. I see that you're right but this could have easily been avoided, if Kabam actually just did an optional trade-in for these shards in exchange of other useful goods to reduce the hoarding (before releasing these crystals).
  • Options
    Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

Rohith21 said:

I have no intention to upset you or anyone. I do see what you're trying to say and it's a valid concern, that it could be groundbreaking for players who have hoarded the shards since a very long time. But there also happen to be a good section of summoners who don't hoard these sharda and just use them for the temporary boosts. The current output from these crystals isn't worth the price tag. That's the bottomline I see for this situation. I see that you're right but this could have easily been avoided, if Kabam actually just did an optional trade-in for these shards in exchange of other useful goods to reduce the hoarding (before releasing these crystals). Thank you for correcting me.
    Your points are valid, now understand my position.
    **** crystal turned into a less **** crystal.
    OP was asking for 6* AGs!!!...
    I agree, the ammount of ISO is really low, but some ISO is better than NO ISO.
    Had OP said come on a T6 ISO brick at least...I wouldn't have said anything.. Of course a "deal" is gonna be bad if the expectations are unreal. A chance of a 6* AG for 20k solo shards? Even if they are giving 1 every month after doing content and objectives... 20k solo shards for 1 6* AG? That's unreal.